PDA

View Full Version : Cinemascape: Lucas speaks, Fett and Qui-Gon to return in Episode 3

Beast
06-26-2002, 11:27 PM
This was posted today over at Cinescape. It's part of an interview with George Lucas about some things that we will see in Episode III. Very intresting stuff. :)

STAR WARS creator teases without mercy (June 25, 2002)

It looks like George Lucas is beginning to give some enticing teases about what’s to come in the third and final STAR WARS prequel, EPISODE III.

According to our good friends at the TheForce.net, Lucas confirmed that was Qui-Gon Jinn’s (Liam Neeson’s) voice screaming no when Anakin slaughtered the Tuskin Raiders in EPISODE II, and that it was to set up events in EPISODE III.

“It’s a plot point.” Lucas said. “All I can really say is that you’ll find out [more] in the next film. If you thought really hard, you would probably be able to figure it out, but it really is a set-up for the next film. It’s connected with the whole ability to be brought into and become a part of the Force, but still be able to retain YOUR ability – which, up to this point, Anakin couldn’t do. We talked to Liam about [recording new dialogue], and we went back and forth [about it]. This [dialogue] is something we already had [from MENACE]. Next time will be a little more complicated.”

He also teased mercilessly about how Anakin might find his way into Darth Vader’s armor. Oh, and Boba Fett makes an appearance.

“The scene where Anakin does actually become Vader is pretty good [as written in Lucas’ EPISODE III outline],” Lucas said. “I mean, I like it. It’s a little in the vocabulary of…I don’t know how much I want to give away…but it’s in the vocabulary of a time – of the 1930s and 1940s. It’s a pretty neat little thing, I think, and hopefully it’s going to work… Boba WILL be in EPISODE III, but his role definitely won’t be larger. He’s in a transition period of becoming a bounty hunter. The next film takes place two or three years later, so Boba would only be 13 and still wouldn’t fit in the suit.”

He also confirmed the majority of the action in the film will have Anakin Skywalker looking a lot like Hayden Christensen.

By: Christopher Allan Smith/By: News Editor/Source: TheForce.net

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
He also confirmed the majority of the action in the film will have Anakin Skywalker looking a lot like Hayden Christensen.

We're gonna need some bigger screens to fit that huge head then...

saladin
06-27-2002, 12:52 AM
Lucas said. “I mean, I like it. It’s a little in the vocabulary of…I don’t know how much I want to give away…but it’s in the vocabulary of a time – of the 1930s and 1940s. It’s a pretty neat little thing, I think, and hopefully it’s going to work…

what does it mean

DeadEye
06-27-2002, 09:11 AM
Not quite sure...but Lucas based his films on media of the era...so it must be an effective moment, like the best scenes of the OT.

Eternal Padawan
06-27-2002, 09:34 AM
Maybe he's going for a film noirish scene with lots of silouhettes and shadows on the walls.

Or maybe it's a creepy POV shot. (like the Universal monster movies)

And for the record, this is my last post in the Spoilers Section. I made a commitment to remain spoiler free for Episode III. A commitment easily broken.

(don't bother making snarky retorts. I shant be back to read them.)

r2dee2
06-27-2002, 10:37 AM
Here's a pic of the magazine if you're interested (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/IMAGES/cinescapejuly2002A_5.jpg)

billfremore
06-27-2002, 10:55 AM
This was posted on Cinescape today, also very interesting...

Neeson hints at EPISODE III

Liam Neeson is keeping news of his working on STAR WARS EPISODE III close to his vest. But he hasn’t denied it.

In an interview with SciFi Wire, Neeson said about his voice over in EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES, “I haven't seen it. My sons told me about it, but I knew it was going to happen… I don't know how they did [it] We tried to record something here [in New York City]. But then they digitalized something and put it together and sent it to me, the way they can these days, to hear. I thought, 'That's good.'”

Tellingly, given Lucas has hinted recently Neeson’s Qui-Gon Ginn would make it into EPISODE III in some form, Neeson said when asked if he’d be in the final prequel, “I can't answer that. The Jedi code of ethics.”

Did Lucas ask everybody associated with Star Wars to tease us and drive us crazy? :crazed:

Darth Nihilus
06-27-2002, 11:09 AM
Sounds to me as though Liam will have an Alec Guiness type role. And what good could having Boba return for the third movie do?

MikeAndTheBots
06-27-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Darth Nihilus
Sounds to me as though Liam will have an Alec Guiness type role. And what good could having Boba return for the third movie do?
Luckily, GL said he's only about 13 so and won't be in the armor so hopefully, he won't be killing Mace. I was wondering what he'll do though, maybe we get to see Jabba's palace with a young Fett passing out drinks :D
Where can I get a link (if one exists) to the story itself?

Jek Porky 2002
06-27-2002, 06:19 PM
Wow, these are the first real spoilers, so I'm afraid that I also must leave now. Tat Ta!

LTBasker
06-27-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Darth Nihilus

Maybe they're gonna expand on his ROTJ scene where he's talking to Jabba's dancers and he uses the Slave 1 to seduce them in E3 when they are actually Jedi into coming with him and so he becomes their "sugar daddy" after Boba uses ysalamaris to take away their Jedi powers and so Anakin was driven to the dark side by that because Boba took them and left him with Padme. :crazed:

Maybe not... :D

I wonder if Qui-Gon's spirit will be so real that he even has to dodge things like Obi-Wan did with the foliage on Dagobah that he should be able to walk through easily. :D

Rogue II
06-28-2002, 05:10 PM
Maybe Boba Fett is a Mercinary in training. He could be tagging along with Aurra Sing or some other bounty hunter eliminating Jedi. Would that make him a caddy?

MikeAndTheBots
06-28-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Maybe Boba Fett is a Mercinary in training. He could be tagging along with Aurra Sing or some other bounty hunter eliminating Jedi. Would that make him a caddy?
I think it would be cooler if he was at Jabba's palace handing out drinks, it would explain why he was so respected (or whatever) at the palace.

Beast
06-28-2002, 05:55 PM
I think that likely, Boba will get his revenge on Mace Windu, but he want be flying in on a rocket pack and blasting away at him. I think Lucas will make it subtle. He'll either kill Windu, while he's badly injured, and can't fight back. Or he will sneak up on Windu and Anakin while they are dueling, and take the oppertunity for revenge while Mace is distracted. Likely with a thermal detenator, or somthing similar that will "disintigrate" Mace. Leading to Vader's chastizing of Boba in Empire. But also his respect for Boba, since he killed his father's murderer. Just as Anakin had taken revenge on the Tusken's for his mother's death. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jonna
06-28-2002, 05:56 PM
I think that likely, Boba will get his revenge on Mace Windu, but he want be flying in on a rocket pack and blasting away at him. I think Lucas will make it subtle. He'll either kill Windu, while he's badly injured, and can't fight back. Or he will sneak up on Windu and Anakin while they are dueling, and take the oppertunity for revenge while Mace is distracted. Likely with a thermal detenator, or somthing similar that will "disintigrate" Mace. Leading to Vader's chastizing of Boba in Empire. But also his respect for Boba, since he killed his father's murderer. Just as Anakin had taken revenge on the Tusken's for his mother's death. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nice one! Makes perfect sense!:D

Jason B
06-28-2002, 06:17 PM
"disintrigration" doesn't nessusarily have to mean "Explode", or "Get blown to smithereens." :) He could, say, while tracking down Mace, hack his leg off, or shoot him in the arm, or something to that effect.

MikeAndTheBots
06-28-2002, 07:48 PM

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
You know, I've always been against Boba killing Mace but what you just posted has changed my perspective entirely.

Darth Vellner
06-28-2002, 08:54 PM
Mabe He's with his dad .......is he dead...or.....was it a clone............I mean he did die very easley

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-29-2002, 12:43 PM
It's clear in AOTC that Boba can at least work the guns on the Slave I, if not fly it. He should shoot Mace down with those!

Jason B
06-29-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Darth Vellner
Mabe He's with his dad .......is he dead...or.....was it a clone............I mean he did die very easley

Then why was Foba Bett all ticked off, and sad?