PDA

View Full Version : Wonder what Vader thought at that moment?

scruffziller
06-26-2002, 10:59 PM
I wonder excactly what went through Vader's mind when Palpy told Luke "take your father's place at my side" What may have been leading up to that in his head and what progressed in thought after that statement was made. I wonder if that helped him be pushed back to the lightside at that moment. As if "oh no, I am done for, what can I do to prevent this?" Is there anything in the EU or novels that gives this info?

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 11:02 PM
"Wonder if he took that skin-care basket the wrong way..."

Obi-Don
06-27-2002, 04:24 AM
Maybe at that moment he realized that the dark side was a dead end street. That after all his service, that Palpy could and would replace him. The only thing Vader could do at that point was to save his son. I really don't think he was even thinking about coming back to the light side just saving Luke. It was just a reward for his act.

Eternal Padawan
06-27-2002, 08:27 AM
I think Vader knew very well that Sidious was planning on dumping him for Luke. Remember when he tried to turn Luke in ESB, HE was planning on doing in the Emperor. Since their can only be two sith lords, both Palpy and Vader knew that if Luke became a sith, one of them was done for. So i don't think it was a big relevation for Vader to hear the Emperor say that right then and there.

El Chuxter
06-27-2002, 10:08 AM
I have a feeling Sidious will say, "Destroy Dooku and take his place at my side" or something similar in E3, giving that line a lot more weight in retrospect.

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 01:22 PM
Yes, I think he will say that aswell.

I don't think that Luke and Vader as Sith Lords would do the Sith very good, because I don't think that either of them could bring themselves to killing each other, so the line couldn't continue.

Jayspawn
06-30-2002, 02:16 AM
After Palpatine said, "...take your father's place at my side." Vader thought, "Damn you!"

I'm sure Vader had an idea that he was doomed. But since he knew Luke wouldn't be turned, his job was pretty safe. Then when the Emperor was toasting Luke, something clicked.

Exhaust Port
06-30-2002, 08:46 AM
"Finally, someone else can bath the old man." <shudder>

Jek Porky 2002
06-30-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Then when the Emperor was toasting Luke, something clicked.

Was it Luke's spine?

jjreason
07-02-2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
"Finally, someone else can bath the old man." <shudder>

That's so perfect...
I think Vader was hurting introspectively at this point. He's thinking he's done for, and is finally considering what his life means at it's end. He realizes that he's had his priorities all wrong and looks up to see what's really important - his son - being microwaved by the Emperor. The choice becomes clear and he finally, ultimately brings the force into balance by destroying Palpatine.

Thinking about it makes me wonder how Ani will flirt with the dark side in epIII. I wonder if he'll believe himself strong enough to start down that path without getting hooked, or if he'll be plunged into it. No matter, it will be wicked Im sure.

morecow299
07-06-2002, 08:33 PM
i think that he knew that it was comming all along and he was fine with it because he saw it as a kind of circle of life
it was his time to go