PDA

View Full Version : General Veers

erlo9
06-27-2002, 09:21 AM
Now that Hasbro is putting out older figures with better likeness of the characters. They need to put out a General Maximillian Veers. Perhaps with a Holographic Lord Vader (who appears on his Imperial Walker console) and a periscope (that he uses to blast the Hoth shield generator) He also needs a removable combat helmet, armor vest, and hat that he wears in Vader's chamber. It's too bad they didn't include him in the commtek chip carded figures. He does have enough phrases. From making excuses for the Admiral, to the words he uses aboard his Imperial Walker. I would also like to see him in a 12 inch figure. With the same accessories. With his combat experience, he should also appear as a young officer in Episode 3. Who gets promoted in a successful Clone battle.

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 09:32 AM
Veers should be made as a figure! He had a speaking role plus led the attack on Hoth! Same for General Rieekin _ need as a figure!

Thunderstorm1
06-27-2002, 03:23 PM
I agree make both of them and Captain Needa

jedi-cpa
06-27-2002, 03:56 PM
At least I assume that is him.

pthfnder89
06-27-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstorm1
I agree make both of them and Captain Needa

Agreed. I think I woulld rather have a Captain Needa than another Veers. The one packed with the AT-AT is fine for me.:)

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by jedi-cpa
At least I assume that is him.

i have three, but i never read the box. did it ever say that figure was general veers? i always thought it was just a generic at at commander.

Beast
06-27-2002, 04:11 PM
It's supposed to be Veers, but it's a horrible sculpt and he's way to tall. He's been popping up on alot of wishlists lately for a re-sculpt. As was said above, make him in his Imperial Uniform. Sculpt him with his hat on though, instead of making it removable. I'm not sure the hat would work, if it was removable. But then make the AT-AT Commander helmet slip over the top of the hat, and include removable chest armor. Then finally toss in a holographic Lord Vader. Perfect figure, that would sell like hotcakes. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
It's supposed to be Veers, but it's a horrible sculpt and he's way to tall. He's been popping up on alot of wishlists lately for a re-sculpt. As was said above, make him in his Imperial Uniform. Sculpt him with his hat on though, instead of making it removable. I'm not sure the hat would work, if it was removable. But then make the AT-AT Commander helmet slip over the top of the hat, and include removable chest armor. Then finally toss in a holographic Lord Vader. Perfect figure, that would sell like hotcakes. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jarjar

i like that idea. the at at commander is supposed to be veers? really bad sculpt. i really would like to see a new veers like you discribed jarjar.

corporal AMF
06-27-2002, 04:56 PM
I fthey make him with remoable chest and Helmet he could be great:
1-Great accesories
2-Incredible potential to customize imperial officers...(Motti was impossible to find in large numbers)

so Hasbro read!!!!! Make him now, Imperial officers rúles!

erlo9
06-28-2002, 04:03 AM
I think the ones that come with the At-At are generic commanders. Remember Veers is a General. Julian Glover (Indiana Jones Last Crusade, Zulu) deserves better. Surely if Hasbro can make many variations of Han and Luke(the latest one is really cool) Or make countless different Aliens, some only appear maybe once for a few frames. Then they could at least take the AT-AT commander and resculpt him with Veers' head. Removable helmet of course. Hey how about a Cinema Scene: Clash of the Hoth Generals. Veers with removable helmet, and holograph Vader/ and General Rieeken with one of those clear plotting maps from the Hoth control center. Just an idea.

RooJay
06-28-2002, 04:57 AM
I never really bought into the idea that the AT-AT Commander was Veers. He just doesn't look like the guy to me. I know...I know...he's supposed to be Veers, but I think he's a pretty sad attempt at a figure of such a cool character! I think I NEED a version with a good likeness, a good paint job, in the right scale, and definitely...without a doubt...removeable armor, removeable helmet (hat sculpted in place is fine with me as long as it doesn't throw off the size of the helmet!), decent articulation (knees at least!), a tiny holographic Darth Vader...and would it be too much to ask for a blaster pistol of some kind? Probably. I can dream though, can't I?!;)

TIE Pilot
06-28-2002, 02:23 PM
We ~definitely~ need a Saga AT-AT Commander/General Veers. It'd be nice to have one with not only a removeable helmet, but removeable armor as well.

I saw a custom Gen. Veers like this on some website while browsing, it was awesome! I may attempt to make one when I get the time.

QLD
06-29-2002, 11:40 AM
GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!