PDA

View Full Version : when will wal-mart have the figures in a permanent place??

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-01-2001, 06:59 PM
every time i go to wal-mart, they have them in a diffrent place. today i couldn't find them at all...
help
ki-adi

Lobito
10-01-2001, 08:32 PM
Wait untill Ctmas...they should all be in a permanent spot for a while, after that wait for the release of the EPII toys, they should also remain in a spot for some time, after that its move along...move along...:cool: :D

Bel-Cam Jos
10-01-2001, 10:34 PM
Several of the WMs near me are rearranging the entire stores, not just SW in toys. Give 'em time. "We shall be patient."

JediTricks
10-02-2001, 10:15 AM
I'm betting Feb/March, around the time of Toy Fair 2002. I think this "floating section" idea is there specifically FOR x-mas.

Starfig873
10-02-2001, 11:29 AM
It is getting rather annoying. Not bad enough that I can't handle it though. Time will tell I suppose.

What I don't like is the seemingly sloppy job my Wal-Marts have been doing setting things up! Figures are everywhere and some are covered in other toys.

JediCole
10-02-2001, 02:02 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Wal-Mart has no cross-company continuity when it comes to toys. I live in a fairly Wal-Mart rich area (Sith Worm and Bubba Fatt, who get to the stores more often than I do can back my following statements up) and no two are alike in anything, ever! As far as the location of Star Wars, a few have adopted the floating location scheme, often to the point seen by many posting here, floating it right off the map. Others have had their (sparse) Star Wars selection in the exact same (ignored) spot since 1997, and with nothing new since the first POTJ releases.
This same trend is true of pricing. I've recently learned to bundle up a bunch of Star Wars figures and run them by the often hard to find price scanners in the store. Sometimes a random group of figures will scan at half price or less! I've bought figures at one store for $1.99 that scan for $6.99 at another store. Both stores had roughly the same supply of the same figures, why the price disparity?
The really ironic thing is that Wal-Mart seems to be the source of all upcoming assortment information (based on their detailed SKUs), yet they are rapidly becoming the worst place to try to find the actual figures when they are released!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-02-2001, 09:17 PM
I would agree that there is no continuity among area Wal-Marts. Case in point, within the last month I have seen POTJ figs for $6.44 (the Duros Wave) at one locale, 5 dollars at another (tons of Dirty Scout) and 3 dollars at yet another (just a bunch of Porkins, Chewie Mechanics, and Leia Bespins). And that last store sadly hasn't had new figs in 2 months and no figs at all in 2 weeks.

The one that had the Duros wave gets SW figs pretty regularly, but the other two get them very infrequently. Plus all three of them had no permanent shelf space for their SW space. Two were in a clearance aisle perpendicular to the Toy Dept while the other had an attached rack in the Action Fig department.
I thought, oh they would clear these desparities in time for the new Tie Bomber in October, but now it looks like that is on hold. Hopefully by the Christmas they will get their stuff together

jawa9
10-02-2001, 10:31 PM
I'm with jeditricks on this one. I was in a Wal-Mart today and the toy dept manager said they are not carrying any star wars figures through the Christmas season.
I have found some of the new figures in some of the WM stores though.

master jedi
10-03-2001, 11:22 AM
The Wal-Mart were I live said that they aren't going to get any new Star Wars things in for at least 2 weeks. Of course that was a couple days ago so they should be in time for the Ep.1 DVD.

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-07-2001, 01:36 PM
they only have 4 rows, but that'll do

Mandalorian Candidat
10-08-2001, 10:27 AM
I've been ranting about W-M for awhile now and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

Case in point...

My wife went into one last month and found the Duros wave (minus Ketwol) for $6.44 each. I asked her to return them since I already had them. She took them back without the receipt and they were going to give her back $2 for each. She then took back her receipt and the figures, got the difference back and kept all three. The next week I found a Ketwol at the store and it rang up at $6.44. The store management wouldn't give it to me for the discounted price even after showing them the discount on the receipt from the week before.

Since then that W-M has had jack squat for figures.

I now have to go to Target to find anything new (which I recently did for the newest figures). I wholly agree with Jedi Cole and LBCleaner. You have to try different stores because there is no uniformity between them.

Rollo Tomassi
10-08-2001, 10:52 AM
Check this out.

I went into Wal-Mart the other night after I got off work because I was going to buy a DVD. They didn't have it and as I was leaving, I decided to swing by the toys just to check. They didn't have anything new, but they had pulled the pallets out onto the floor for the overnight stockers and one of them said STAR WARS ACTION FIGURES on it. Naturally:) this caught my attention and I walked around the two pallets and found 11 more boxes of figures. For a total of 12. THAT'S 144 FIGURES for those of you keeping count. I didn't want to get into trouble opening up a box to check, so I got up first thing the next morning and ran back over there. NOT A SINGLE FIGURE HAD BEEN PUT OUT!!!! I asked somebody if they had any in the back (because they have 2 Aurra SIngs a Mechanic Chewie and Bespin Leia warming the pegs) and this person told me "WE DON'T HAVE ANY MORE!!!" What a load of GONK!ing bullGONK! Why are they keeping these things in the back???? 12 cases!!!! I laughed at her....loudly... and walked off. Oy..Wal-mart is getting on my nerves, Target-style...

master jedi
10-08-2001, 11:43 AM
You should've just opened the boxes.

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-08-2001, 04:28 PM
lets start a rebillion against w-m! that would make them put stuff out!!

i hade a case like rollo a while ago...we saw a few boxes and asked someone if they could open one but they said it was all old stuff...and it was....scary....

Rollo Tomassi
10-08-2001, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
You should've just opened the boxes.

I wanted to, I really did, but when I got home today New Force Comics have shipped my case of X-Wing Luke's, Han Solos and EW Vaders I ordered 4 months ago, so screw you wal-mart HAHA! I got my goodies anyway!!!!

Rollo Tomassi
10-11-2001, 06:00 PM
Following up. I just got my case in the mail!! Yessss!! Wal-Mart doesn't want my money? Fine. These figures are pretty sweet. And thay ARE cheaper by the dozen...

master jedi
10-11-2001, 08:34 PM
When I was at a TRU I asked an employee to bring out a case of SW figs, 'cause I was looking for a certain figure, and they did it without any trouble. Too bad I didn't find the figure I was looking for. It never hurts to ask.