PDA

View Full Version : Clearance?

tgr3328
06-27-2002, 12:08 PM
I've read about the Saga figures on clearance at the Times Square TRU. Who else, if any, is also putting Saga figures on clearance?

Jonna
06-27-2002, 12:25 PM
Yay, I would like to know also.

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 01:13 PM
currently, i don't know if anyone else has AOTC figures on clerance other than times square TRU. I would like to know if any of the TRU are going to do the same $1.90 deal.

great deal though! i'm still surprised the amt of super battle droids left!

MikeAndTheBots
06-27-2002, 01:21 PM
Damn I wish the TRUs near me would put stuff on clearance. I could use some SBDs.

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
Damn I wish the TRUs near me would put stuff on clearance. I could use some SBDs.

you located near NYC? if so, just take a train ride over. For me, i work in NYC so getting the SBD is easy for me. I do hope that the TRU follow what times square TRu is doing.

tgr3328
06-27-2002, 01:36 PM
No, I live in Texas.
I was hoping more TRU stores or other chains will follow suite. There are plenty of Peasant Anakin, Padme Arena, Captain Typho, Super Battle Droid, etc. at the local Walmart (you can't have a town in Texas without a Walmart). I have put off buying these hoping they will stay plentiful and go on clearance someday soon. It would make sense to do so if the line will last several years and include 50 or 100 figures.

MikeAndTheBots
06-27-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by SNAYSON

you located near NYC? if so, just take a train ride over. For me, i work in NYC so getting the SBD is easy for me. I do hope that the TRU follow what times square TRu is doing.
Morris County but I don't want to go all the way to New York just to pick up a few figures that I could get here (although it would be cheaper there). Besides, the money I use on bus/train fare would even it all out anyway.
edit: my town (Parsippany) is a 45 minute or so car ride (with light traffic, I got in about 30 minutes one day last summer but the roads were empty. It was like 3 on a tuesday or something) and about an hour on the bus but much longer during rush hour (duh), I haven't taken the train so I wouldn't know.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-27-2002, 07:26 PM
i hope all the trus start getting deluxes and regular figures on clerance

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by -JediMaster-Yoda-
i hope all the trus start getting deluxes and regular figures on clerance

the deluxe figures do need to go down in price! ther are pegfull of them! THey should be on clearance in no time(hopefully):rolleyes:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-28-2002, 01:13 AM
The only thing I have seen so far are price reductions at many stores. Wally-Mart, Target, Kay-Bee, and TRU have all lowered their prices to around $5. The reduction really hasn't been moving the pegs. It'll take a more drastic one to do that. The minute that the stores start clearancing, I will finally pick up some pegwarmers that I have been so far avoiding, namely Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, Dooku (laughs insanely), Zam, all the deluxe (except Neku) and the Slave I.