PDA

View Full Version : Ewoks and Droids: Good DVD News??

Beast
06-27-2002, 03:52 PM
Rick McCallum in todays "Ask the Jedi Council" over at StarWars.Com, finally answered one of the many often asked questions, about the 2 Ewok movies and the Ewoks and Droids Cartoon Series from the 80's. Sounds like they will be released sometime in the future on DVD. Which is definatly good news for those of us fans, that want to see them again. :)

Q: Any chance the two Ewok movies or the Ewoks and Droids cartoon series will be released on DVD?

A:I hope so. Definitely.

At some point after we're finished with Episode III, we'd really like to make all of that material available to our fans on DVD.

Unfortunately, we won't be even thinking of making any firm plans until we're finished with this trilogy.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
06-27-2002, 03:57 PM
Awesome news, Jar Jar, o ye fount of DVD knowledge. :D

Here's hoping to deleted Teek scenes, running commentary by Teek, a Teek biography, fun Teek DVD-ROM games, weblinks to live chat with Teek, animated Teek menus, Teek filmography, VH1 Behind the Music with Teek, Teek screen test, Teek storyboards. . . .

Okay, I'll shut up now. :crazed:

Beast
06-27-2002, 04:18 PM
You have some sort of sick Teek fetish, don't you El Chuxter? :crazed: :D

First it was Tycho with his Mouse Droid, now El Chuxter with Teek. I don't even wanna fathom what sick obseesion JT and Sir Steve have. :eek: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
06-27-2002, 06:20 PM
I think that it is really cool. I hope they release the Holiday Special too.

Beast
06-27-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
I think that it is really cool. I hope they release the Holiday Special too.
I don't think we will ever see an authorized official release of the Holiday Special. Lucas dispises the holiday special, and has tried as much as possible, to wipe it out of existance. But, with bootlegs of the special floating around, and with the internet, it's not going to ever go away. I wouldn't mind seeing the Boba Fett cartoon added to the ANH DVD or somthing. Since it is about the only redeeming thing to come out of the Holiday Special. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
06-27-2002, 07:17 PM
I WONDER ABOUT THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!!!!!!

LTBasker
06-27-2002, 08:34 PM
Definitely wouldn't mind the Ewok movies on DVD, those were enjoyable to watch. :cool:

2-1B
06-28-2002, 12:26 AM
I'm game for the Ewok movies on DVD. MGM should jump at the chance to release them. The cartoons I don't care either way about, but I'd buy them. :)

Put me down as a Teek fanatic. :happy:
There are some nice Teek threads in the old forums . . .

Eternal Padawan
06-28-2002, 07:55 AM
I think the Holiday Special should be a super hard to find easter egg on the eventual release of the SW:ANH DVD.

Admit and embrace your wayward child, Lucas. :crazed:

scruffziller
06-28-2002, 07:13 PM
I know some of you say you think the HS is bad BUT U KNOW YOU"LL BUY IT WHEN IT COMES OU!!!!!

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 01:16 PM
No thankyou, I've tried for so long to ignor the Ewoks and droids series!