PDA

View Full Version : Best Vehicle or Playset of 2002

plo koon 200
06-27-2002, 04:24 PM
I'm well aware that there hasn't been many vehicles released this year but more than most but in your opinion what do you think is the best vehicle of this year so far.

I still think the Tie Bomber is the best but the Arena Playset and Republic Gunship seem like they may be better.

brentfett
06-27-2002, 04:27 PM
Jango Fett's Slave 1!!!!!!!

Jonna
06-27-2002, 04:43 PM
I really like the Akulay (how ever it's spelled). I picked one up last night and the thing is huge!

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-27-2002, 05:30 PM
I like jango fett's slave 1 but surely i think the arena playset looks better

anarky
06-27-2002, 05:39 PM
only six months in--a bit early, don't you think?

okay, i'll bite--the reek and tie bomber are the nicest from what i've seen so far

Mandalorian Candidat
06-27-2002, 06:06 PM
So far I pick Zam's Speeder. I don't have Slave 1 or else maybe that would be #1, but I like the ZS for its nice look and good bash and crash action.

Darth Yambag
06-27-2002, 08:53 PM
Zam's speeder is an extremely well put together little toy. Great detail, and fun. The Jedi Starfighter hold's its own though.

The true test will be the Republic Gunship with the Clone Pilot. Has the potential to be right up there with the AT-AT and the greatest of all time...The Falcon!

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 09:34 PM
my opinion: tie bomber until the gunship comes out. it could change if the FAO Imp shuttle comes out. need to see pics of it first and see what features it has .

chubbychicken
06-28-2002, 12:20 AM
i really liked zam's speeder it was so detailed and becuz one of my most favorite scenes in the movie was the chase scene in the beginning = )

mark2d2
06-28-2002, 03:27 AM
Zam's speeder is pretty dang cool. I have it on my desk at work and love crashing whenever I'm bored or angry. The detailing and coloring sure is sharp.

That said --- it is still a distant runner up to what will go down as being the best ship of 2002. The TIE BOMBER. The detail on this guy is great. Seriously, there is nothing I would change. See my thread in the review section for more on this outstanding Imperial craft.

Looking forward, I am unexpectedly eagerly awaiting the TRU Landspeeder. This vehicle is a HUGE improvement from the other versions. I especially like the way that the rifle mounts on the side . . . just like in the movie. Very cool. Even so, this will never top the Bomber, but it will be the third vehicle I buy this year. And prior to seeing the photos I had zero interest in this toy.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-28-2002, 07:48 AM
i dont like the ct vehicles more then the pt vechiles in the movies not the toys

plo koon 200
07-08-2002, 12:16 AM
Those new pics of the Gunship make me feel better about it. I can't belive a ship that size is going to be $40.

plo koon 200
07-08-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by anarky
only six months in--a bit early, don't you think?

I'm trying to see what is popular now and what is popular six months from now. I want to see how people's choice of vehicle changes over time.

plo koon 200
08-06-2002, 01:48 PM
I have the new X-Wing. What a piece of crap. Oh well I can't wait for the Republic Gunship and Imperial Shuttle. Those should be the two best vehicles of the year.

Chiesa
08-06-2002, 02:24 PM
I think the Jedi Starfighter is really cool!! But not really sure if people are with me on its popularity?? :)

I am still waiting in anticipation for the new Republic Gunship to hit the stores!! Yummy!!

Cheers :D

Prince Xizor
08-06-2002, 03:14 PM
The new Slave I is definetly awesome, and gets my vote.

And a close second is the Acklay (if we are counting beasts)

OriginalBryGuy
08-06-2002, 03:54 PM
I'll pick my fav when 2002 is over. We still have 4 months left!!!

DarthBrandon
09-29-2002, 10:57 AM
I would have to agree with OriginalBryGuy, I'm going to wait until the year is over to decide which is the best in my opinion. I will say that so far it's the Jedi Starfighter and possibly it will be the Gunship when the year is out.:D

bigbarada
09-29-2002, 12:26 PM
I would have originally said the TIE Bomber, but right now the Gunship is in the running for the greatest vehicle ever made since 1978.:)

So, I pick the Gunship. Awesome toy, and yes I do own one.

Battle Droid
09-29-2002, 01:34 PM
The Republic Gunship by far.

Darth Sidious
09-29-2002, 02:27 PM
Lets see...Although I do not have the Gunship, I know quite a bit about it and what it can do and it seems like the coolest. But out of the ones I have, it's either the TIE Bomber or the X-Wing. I REALLY like both of these. The X-Wing is huge, and the Bomber is just...cool. I have them fighting on my table right now, and they look awesome together. The Acklay is the coolest out of the beasts, although I wish it could stand better.

rynobot
09-29-2002, 02:48 PM
Gunship hands down, most value out of anything released this year.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-29-2002, 08:43 PM
I missed out on the Bomber (although a rerelease is rumored) and I haven't spotted a Gunship yet, so I'll have to go with a vehicle that I did get--the Jedi Starfighter. Speaking of which, if you live near an Ames, check them out because they still might have a few of them or Slave Is left for 40% off.

Nexu
09-29-2002, 10:07 PM
Gunship. :D

Prince Xizor
09-29-2002, 10:20 PM
Ok, I'm changing my pick. I got the gunship not too long ago, and it is a hundred times better than anything released this year.

Gunship gets my vote 100%

Val Da Car
09-29-2002, 10:59 PM
In my opinion...Gunship....Gunship....Gunship....now all I need are some pilots......can't paint all of my red clone troopers yellow...:happy:

jedihunter25
09-30-2002, 01:19 AM
Best Vehicle- so far, Tie Bomber but I don't have the Republic Gunship yet and the Imperial Shuttle does not come out till Dec.-but when it does come out I'm sure that it will be the top dog.

Best Playset- Arena Playset, why- because it's the only playset that comes out this year. From the boxed pictures I've seen- it looks pretty good.

bigbarada
09-30-2002, 01:55 AM
I used to own a vintage Imperial Shuttle and I must say that it doesn't hold a candle to the Gunship. Now assuming that the rerelease will be overpriced and stripped out, I don't think it can compete with the Gunship. The only thing the Shuttle has going for it right now is it's size (it's was the largest vintage vehicle, bigger than the AT-AT), the nostalgia factor and "the one that got away" syndrome (many wanted it, few ever found it; even fewer can afford a vintage one today).

As for play value, there is very little. But that is kind of the nature of the vehicle, it is not intended to be a combat ship, just a transport.

Judging by the vintage Shuttle though, I still pick the Gunship as tied with the AT-AT for greatest SW toy vehicle ever made.:)

mark2d2
09-30-2002, 12:32 PM
I still think it's the TIE BOMBER.

The gunship indeed does look pretty spectacular, but I still just can't get as excited about the new designs as the classic stuff.

plo koon 200
12-27-2002, 11:56 AM
My favorite is still the Tie Bomber.

jjreason
12-27-2002, 09:24 PM
Gunship. It's the only one I had to open to see put together. THis thread has given me hope that opening the TIE Bomber might make me happy as well, so that's on the list of things to do.

Aside: I usually open all my stuff, but have been saving ships boxed because they don't take up a third of the space that way. We'll be moving soon to a bigger house, then Ill have it all open and on display where it belongs. My wife can't wait...:D

eyEdeaD JEDI
12-27-2002, 09:50 PM
I think it has to be the Jedi Arena battle playset, I'm sure it's been released in some places, I've seen on other forums that people have it :D

Teeska Mon Eebon
12-28-2002, 12:38 PM
The Republic Gunship hands down

Val Da Car
12-30-2002, 09:19 AM
The republic Gunship is superior since it has more features and weaponry that Fett's ship, the star fighter and lastly the Clone Trooper Pilot is one bad mother (shut your mouth).... plus they get to ride in the gunship Apache Helicopter style!!!!

Darkross
12-30-2002, 10:40 AM
Tie Bomber get's my vote...although the SAGA Landspeeder looks cool too!

plo_koon
12-30-2002, 10:33 PM
I'm a fan of the new X-Wing personally. Good remake except that the POTF2 regular one is now looking too small in comparison.

Tycho
12-31-2002, 12:11 AM
Jango's Slave-One. It has more 'action fire-power' than the Gunship and is also lighter and easier to play with.

That is not to say that the Gunship isn't the most value I've ever heard of in a SW toy! It is! - and it's awesome, like a playset by itself!

I just feel that once my Gunship is totally set up, it's more like a diorama and Slave-One is something I am able to pick up and play with much more frequency.