PDA

View Full Version : Something big on Aug 15????

Vortex
06-27-2002, 07:17 PM
Anyone else think something major is going to happen/show up in Aug or around Aug. 15 this year?

The only reason why I'm guessing this, is there's a big push of stuff for this release date. The 25th Ann. Speeder, x-wing, voice command R2, gunship, area playset, the wm bar exclusives, the star tours figs hit earlier that month, that 25th ann silver R2 you get when you buy SOMETHING or so much...who knows what else might come out of the woodwork in the next weeks or so...

I'm getting this gut feeling that there might be some suprise, news, or release of something coming out that day. Why else would they make a push like this so long after the movie?

You don't think he'd re-release the movie again for charity do you? A DVD announcement? Any thoughts???

JediDan
06-27-2002, 07:30 PM
O yeah I bet the official Star Wars AOTC DVD pre order campaign might start kicking in to order then. Ya just never know. ;) :)

LTBasker
06-27-2002, 09:30 PM
Betcha it's revealed that Darth Maul will come back with Jango Fett's head and Zam Wesell's arm and the waist of a Super Battle Droid. ;)

WesleySr
06-27-2002, 09:33 PM
hey LTB maybe Jango is coming back with a battle droid head???

Geonosian
06-27-2002, 09:47 PM
Maybe a pic of a Poggle figure...WHOOOOOOOOO.

Lord Tenebrous
06-27-2002, 09:51 PM
[waves hand]

This is not the date you're looking for.

[waves hand]

But you're going to buy all these items so stores don't get screwed again.

hango fett
06-27-2002, 10:05 PM
it probably is the AOTC DVD/VHS pre-order forms release date...ah! what do i know? :happy:
peace
hango

Darth Narcis
06-27-2002, 11:19 PM
i bet it will be revealed that qui gon jinn and jango fett and one and the same...... hmmm...............

Vortex
06-27-2002, 11:23 PM
Naaa, I'm guessing we'll find out that Amadala is really Ani's long lost older sister...(shudder)

Mandalorian Candidat
06-27-2002, 11:46 PM
You're all wrong. It's when Caesar reveals that he's really Deckard Smith who's really Rick McCallum. :eek:

Jedi Juice
06-27-2002, 11:50 PM
Everyone's wrong: That date is 11 days before I start school!

Jonna
06-28-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
You're all wrong. It's when Caesar reveals that he's really Deckard Smith who's really Rick McCallum. :eek:

No you're wrong, he is actually disquised to cover up the fact that he really is Sly!:sur:

QLD
06-28-2002, 01:20 AM
You know....I would have paid a pretty penny to find out Deckard Smith's registration info so I could contact him......

StoneyFett
06-28-2002, 04:54 AM
They will finally answer the question, which came first the chicken or the egg! Just kidding.;)

LTBasker
06-28-2002, 07:32 AM
Aug 15th...

The secret will be revealed...

[ship flies past screen]

"At last we will reveal our secret to the collectors, at least we will have another thing for them to complain about."

[Big Explosion]

"Reveal them all... all of them."

[Duel scene]

"Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

----HASBRO----

[Another ship flies by]

The answer will be revealed... August 15th.

icatch9
06-28-2002, 08:58 AM
I think that this is a date for these new toys to come out. I don't know if the movie will be released again. I mean it's still playing in my town. One this that could happen is that they have a new push for the movie. Maybe new adds on a "See it again!" kind of spin. To go along with the new toys or vis versa. If McCullum was in on this job we could get a movie with like 5 extra minutes of footage. That would get everyone else to see it again. Still I don't think they could keep a secret that big. AFter all we knew what was going to happen in the movie months befor it was out.

DeadEye
06-28-2002, 09:37 AM
It's exactly one week before I start school. :cry:

I really hate it when clothes stores do "back to school" commercials in July....for crying out loud, people, we just got out of school!

At least it'll be my last year. :D

Darth Detori
06-28-2002, 09:58 AM
a re-release isn't entirely out of the question either, it'd just be a little early. TPM was initially released on May 16, then the re-release was all the way on December 3rd.

Vortex
06-28-2002, 11:27 AM
Here's a thought...

What was the date Empire was released?

Jargo
06-28-2002, 02:23 PM
more likely it's to co-incide with the DVD release of the Ewoks movies and the droids cartoons. I just read a report at he private universe that mentioned this happening soon.

Ewoks Have There Own DVD Collection
Stormtim Thursday, June 27th 2002 - 09:47:46 PM

I have just recived news that Lucasarts are planning to release the old Ewok movie and Ewok and Droids cartoon on DvD's soon.
This is great news for young fans as they may not have had the pleasure to see any of these great cartoons in action even me a HUGE Star Wars fan haven't seen the Ewok movie Oh the shame, well nows our chance. If any more news arrive's you will be the first to know.

Don't know the validity of this but it could be a possible answer to the puzzle. I know he said Lucasarts instead of Lucasfilm but that's an easy mistake to make when reporting something in excitement. :)

pthfnder89
06-28-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
Here's a thought...

What was the date Empire was released?

The Empire Strikes Back was originally released on my very first birthday; May 21st, 1980.:)

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
more likely it's to co-incide with the DVD release of the Ewoks movies and the droids cartoons. I just read a report at he private universe that mentioned this happening soon.

Don't know the validity of this but it could be a possible answer to the puzzle. I know he said Lucasarts instead of Lucasfilm but that's an easy mistake to make when reporting something in excitement. :)

I hope it's true. I remember the Ewoks movies vividly from when I was a kid, but I barely remember the cartoons at all (other than remembering that I watched them religiously:D) I know all of these are usually panned by hard core fans but they're almost as big a part of my childhood as the OT itself and I'd love to own them on DVD.:)

Vortex
06-28-2002, 02:28 PM
Well that shoots that theory...

El Chuxter
06-28-2002, 02:38 PM
Sly? Who's Sly? This isn't the Bothan you're looking for. Move along, move along. :sur:

I doubt the news of an Ewok DVD just because of the recent article over at starwars.com. It's McCallum, so a grain of salt is required, but it says after Episode III to see TEEEEEEEEEK digitally.

Jargo
06-28-2002, 02:55 PM
I can't watch the Ewok movies, the marauder pirates scare me....
Teeeeeeeeek smells of wee wee Teeeeeeeeek smells of wee wee Teeeeeeeeek smells of wee wee Teeeeeeeeek smells of wee wee Teeeeeeeeek smells of wee wee Teeeeeeeeek smells of wee wee Teeeeeeeeek smells of wee wee Teeeeeeeeek smells of wee wee Teeeeeeeeek smells of wee wee Teeeeeeeeek smells of wee wee Teeeeeeeeek smells of wee wee Teeeeeeeeek smells of wee wee :) :) :) :)

The Forums > Toy Collecting > Hasbro Saga wastes are not to be travelled lightly, tell me young Chuxter, what brings you out this far?

Don't seem to recall ever seeing any droids cartoons. Very intersting......

I think we better get indoors. The McCallums are easily startled but they'll be back. And in greater numbers. :)

Vortex
06-28-2002, 03:01 PM
Laughing my @$$ off over here...wee wee...that's great.

You're worse than my Westie. If he gets excited or scared watch your pant leg and shoes.

great gatzby
06-28-2002, 05:22 PM
No big surprise that all this stuff is scheduled for August. August is the start of the holiday season for many retailers. They get it in August so that they have time to get a read on what to order heavy on for X-mas

LTBasker
06-28-2002, 05:36 PM
Maybe FAO's gonna announce their upcoming Exclusive X-wing: The original vintage mold, no electronics, no pack-in (not even the R2 button because that'd be a pack-in character) and just genericly painted with a price tag of $500.

Obi-Don
06-29-2002, 06:50 AM
Aug. the 15th....Hum.....the day before the 16th....Hum......there just might be something there.

Obi-Don
06-29-2002, 06:51 AM
Just kidding,I hope its the gun ship for release. I want this bad!

Vortex
06-29-2002, 10:51 AM
obi-D...the gun ship is slated for release on the 15, as is quite a few other things. You'll get your wish.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-29-2002, 12:02 PM
Maybe it's the day Osama bin Laden releases his new "greatest hits" DVD! Includes new "suicide" footage. :D

thespar
07-01-2002, 04:25 PM
It is when Geogre will admit to the Star Wars Hollyday Specail.

Lt Kettch
07-01-2002, 06:40 PM
Maybe that will be the day when Hasbro finally dabbles back into the realm of Expanded Universe and many fans around the world can finally have their dream fulfilled when the go to their local Star Wars vendor and find pegs and pegs filled with Wedge Antilles w/ Lt. Kettch figures!

Forhekset
07-01-2002, 10:08 PM
August 15th is when Hasbro will announce to fans worldwide, "No more stupid gimmicks and gelatin-like Force effect blobs! No more buttons protruding from the backsides of your toys! From now on, all figures will have superb articulation and great accessories/pack-ins." Oh wait, I'm dreaming again. :D

Lt Kettch
07-01-2002, 10:23 PM
Ah, but what a dream it is :)

Geonosian
07-01-2002, 11:22 PM
Maybe the day Hasbro announces Poggle the Lesser, Coleman Trebor and Anakin with Plastic robe.