PDA

View Full Version : New He-Man found

evenflow
06-27-2002, 06:17 PM
I got 3 of the new He-man figures.

1. He-man
2. Man at Arms
3. Stratos

They are all pretty cool. He-Man's face isn't the best, but they are all still pretty cool.

Stikman
06-27-2002, 06:25 PM
How's the articulation?

BoShek
06-27-2002, 10:20 PM
Great, another line of figures for me to collect. If you are taking score, its these lines for me:

Star Wars
WWE
Simpsons
Transformers
G.I. Joes (both sizes)
Batman Animated/DC Direct/etc
Star Trek (dead at the moment)
*new* Muppets
*new* He-Man

evenflow
06-29-2002, 08:50 AM
6-points of articulation. The arms, legs, waist, and head.

Jayspawn
06-29-2002, 02:37 PM
Where did you get them at? How much did they cost?

evenflow
07-01-2002, 02:33 PM
I got them at a Collectible toy store in NJ at the Rt. 18 Flea Market. J & L Toys. They were 9.99 each. I couldn't resist. I will be picking up the cats too.

THE Slayer
07-07-2002, 03:32 PM
Whatever Company does these new toys, I can't remember right this second. should do a complementary line of thundercats toys, same style, which would look more like they did in the cartoon in my opininon, and the same size. But back to He-man I think the new take on the figs os great. I'm not so crazy about jungle storm he man or whatever, so I just won't buy that one.

JediTricks
07-07-2002, 07:38 PM
MOTU is made by Mattel, always was, it's their original license that they created from a halted Conan the Barbarian line, I believe. Thundercats, unfortunately, was not a Mattel line, the company that made them - LJN - is out of business now.

BoShek
07-07-2002, 10:06 PM
Is Merman out?

Jayspawn
07-08-2002, 11:40 AM
Merman will be coming out when the first waves hit.

evenflow
07-08-2002, 06:57 PM
I got the Deluxe He-man & Skeletor. Skeletor is pretty cool. I can't wait for the regular villians to come out.

THUNDERCATS would rock!!!!!!!!!

THE Slayer
07-10-2002, 07:37 PM
If ljn is out of business couldn't mattel pick up the license? There's a new cats comic coming out, who's doin it?

Does anyone know the official release date for the new motu toys I've only seen them at comic shops.

Dar' Argol
07-10-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
MOTU is made by Mattel, always was, it's their original license that they created from a halted Conan the Barbarian line, I believe. Thundercats, unfortunately, was not a Mattel line, the company that made them - LJN - is out of business now.

Yes the company is Mattle, BUT it is being sculpted by the Four Horsemen now. They are former employees of McFarlane toys:D. I'll see if I can dig up some pis:D

Ok, I'm back, I only got one pic:(. I have more in a ToyFare Mag I have, I just gotta let my camera batteries charge up first. But here you go:

JediTricks
07-11-2002, 01:52 AM
I've seen the designs from the Four Horsemen, it's not too bad, but I don't think it'll take like the original did. BTW, the cross on the chest has been thrown out because even though 20 years ago it didn't offend anybody, now Mattel thinks it might be offensive since it's very similar to the German Iron Cross. There's more on that in the RID thread in MISC though.

Slayer, it's not quite that easy, though LJN is out of business, it's possible that the license was auctioned off as part of LJN's liquidated assets. However, I hope someone finds the license and is able to USE it soon!

El Chuxter
07-15-2002, 02:05 PM
I picked up the basic figures (except Merman, who wasn't there) and the two cats (Panthor and Battle Cat) this morning at Wal-Mart. They also had the talking figures, but I'll wait on those.

Basic figures: $8
Cats: $12
Talking figures: $10 or $11, I don't recall

For those keeping score, it looks like Panthor is one per case (with three Battle Cats). In the regular figures, He-Man and Skeletor are very common, with one per case of the other fellows.

El Chuxter
07-16-2002, 12:10 PM
These things are incredible!!

I think in the battle of my wallet, the Simpsons just lost out big time. If Star Wars wasn't, well, Star Wars, it would've just lost.

I plan to get all of these! I don't know which is my favorite; they're all so cool!!

Jayspawn
07-16-2002, 09:52 PM
I just picked up He-Man and Skeletor at Wal-Mart today. These are awesome! This is looking to be a very promising line indeed!

(BTW El Chuxter, your avatar and signature kill me! LOL!)

JediTricks
07-17-2002, 02:50 AM
How about some detailed reviews; and also, how many found the original "Iron Cross" figure and how many found the new "asterisk" figures?

I definitely want He-Man and Skeletor, but I'm not sure about any of the others yet...

Jayspawn
07-17-2002, 12:17 PM
Here's my brief review of He-Man...

- Sculpt/ Detail: The sculpt of the figure itself is impressive. The muscles sculpt and armor are a work of art. As JediTricks mentioned about the symbols of the armor, I have the 'asterisk' version. The feet and loin cloth-thing are well painted and highlighted. He-Man's hair sculpt looks worlds better than the vintage one.

- Articulation: 6 points of articulation. He has ball-socket shoulder joints, that work very well. The legs don't articulate accept at the thighs, the legs articulate well. They can spread out and go up and down so he can fit in vehicles or Battle Cat (I'm assuming they are going to make him). He also has waist and wrist articulation.

- Playability: Mattle made a great figure that anyone can play with. He can be posed in a number of ways and hold his accessories very well. The best part is the fantastic detail and that you can actually play with the figure!

- Accessories: He-Man comes exactly what he should come with. The Power Sword, Shield and Axe. The sword is my favorite, it swivles at the base making an X just above the handle. The shield has a bar in the back that slips into He-Man's hand. The Axe is big and not a sissy weapon unlike the vintage version. There is a little loop in the back of He-Man's armor where you can store the sword or axe if he's not using it.

OVERALL: Wow! New Masters of the Universe figures! Detail! I'm beyond impressed by Mattlel's craftmanship. When I think of Mattel, I think of babie toys. This looks to be a very promising line and Mattel could really take this line off.

icatch9
07-17-2002, 01:43 PM
Rest asured that some toy company has the rights to Thundercats. With the resurge of all the popular 80's toy lines it won't be long befor we are bombarded with all the great old toys (i.e. Thundercats, Mask, Silver Hawks, M.U.S.C.L.E ect). Not that I'm complaining, but I like ice cream just not a gallon at a time :).

THE Slayer
07-20-2002, 08:21 PM
I found both the red cross version and asterik version of he-man at TRU, I've also seen the red cross at meijer. walmart I found empty pegs.
I thought more than just series one was going to be released, but so far that's all I've seen.
I think Mer-man is one of my new favorites.
The cats just look better in the boxes.

icatch9
07-22-2002, 08:38 AM
So, I wounder if the cross is going to be rare or is the * going to be rare? I found the cross at my TRU and they had 4 of HE Man with the cross and a couple of the Delux He Man's but no other characters. If it is a chase kind of deal it's good thinking on Mattels part. After all they came up with the idea of chase items, IMO. I mean treasure hunt hot wheels came out in 1995. That's way befor any other "chase" figure ever came out. Sure, others where hard to find befor 95', but I don't think a company ever announced they were doing short packs on purpose befor the TH in Hot Wheels.

JediTricks
07-22-2002, 02:58 PM
The show will have the asterisk, so the cross will eventually be rarer.

JetsAndHeels
07-22-2002, 07:50 PM
I got He-Man and Skeletor over the weekend. I had read about them in an article in ToyFare, but I didn't know they were out until my friend told me.
I am very glad these have been made. I used to have all the original He-Man toys, but like alot of my stuff from when I was a kid, they were either lost or damaged. This is my chance to get in on it again.
By the way, did anyone see the pic of the new Teela in that ToyFare article (I forgot which month it was)? That thing looks sweet. I can't wait to get that one.
All in all I am VERY happy with this new line of MOTU figs.

scruffziller
07-23-2002, 05:16 AM
What is with the pink hue added to the shield and sword?

El Chuxter
07-23-2002, 01:59 PM
JT, I'll post some detailed reviews when I get Mer Man and complete my collection. In brief summary, all figures (except Stratos, whose gimmick limits his arms) have ball joint shoulders and hips. They aren't all from the same body mold, so Beast Man is built completely different from Skeletor or He-Man. Paint has been excellent on all the figures I've seen. I'd give Stratos an A- and all the others an A+.

Seriously, the introduction of this line and promise of better Batman figures from Mattel and DC Direct has been the last straw when it comes to my buying Simpsons. Though I will still get Disco Stu and maybe a couple of others. :D

icatch9
07-23-2002, 02:12 PM
EL Chuck, does it simply come down to a $$ game when it comes to these things? I mean don't you still like The Simpsons figures? They haven't changed and the new characters look just like all the others. Or, is the line slowly dieing becasue all they have left is lame versions of the main characters and goofy background characters.

I agree the new MOTU line is amazing, but I am not going to stop buy Star Wars or Sports Pics because of them.

Just a question to find out how other people collect :)

El Chuxter
07-23-2002, 02:24 PM
Money and less interest. For the most part, they've used the main characters and the background characters I like. I still would pick up Gil, Homer as Bigfoot, Guy Incognito, or Senor Ding Dong if they made them, but Bouvier sister and Sideshow Bob resculpts? The next wave has only two unproduced characters in it (okay, three, but Rod and Todd are together).

And between Star Wars--which has gotten more expensive lately--MOTU, Simpsons, and the occasional McFarlane, I have to cut back a little or starve to death. I'd rather have Orko than Pointless Bart Resculpt #427.

Lman316
07-23-2002, 07:19 PM
I read this kinda late, but today I finally picked up a couple of these: He-Man and Skeletor.
But what I want to know is: what has already been released? When I was there today, all they had were: 2 He-Mans, 2 Skeletors, 2 Deluxe He-Mans, and 1 Beast Man. I would guess there are slim pickin's because of how late I was.
If anyone could tell me what other figures have been released so far, I'd appreciate it.

THE Slayer
07-23-2002, 09:17 PM
I've only seen, He-man both reg, and delux. Skeletor, both reg and delux, Beast man, mer-man, Man at arms, and the only other one w/o man in his name, stratos.
oh yeah, and the two cats, Battle cat and Panthor.
I think those are all that have been released as of yet.

El Chuxter
07-24-2002, 12:01 PM
There's also two bird-like vehicles that are available. I can't remember the name of He-Man's, but Skeletor's is something like Terror-Dactyl.

JediTricks
07-25-2002, 01:09 AM
I picked up He-Man (cross version, not asterisk) and Skeletor today, left behind the role-play sword, Beast Man, Man-at-Arms, both deluxes, Battle Cat, and Castle Grayskull (which explains the plugged holes in each figure's foot, it's commtech-esque... too bad the playset looks super boring and it's fifty bucks). He-Man and Skeletor rule, though I don't know why He-Man is on a regular card and Skeletor is on a tri-lingo card. I really like these figures, but I don't think I'll be getting ALL the other figures, maybe a few here and there but definitely not most of the ones from the first wave (at best, Stratos will be joining the crew if I hear he's good) simply 'cause they don't really suit my tastes. The articulation is very nice, the figures feel quite substantial. Both figures' accessories and especially swords are great fun, but I like Skeletor's original-concept Power Sword better.

The talking role-play sword and deluxe talking he-man are kinda lame simply because He-man's voice is really not so... "he-manly", but luckily I didn't buy either. ;)

This line kicks, I really like the paint apps and most of the materials (I don't like the slightly-translucent plastic for He-man's accessories, that's about the only prob), and the design is very top notch. These will make great kids' toys and great display toys, I'm sure; I hope they have a long run and make kids and collectors alike very happy.

Darth Nihilus
07-25-2002, 08:02 AM
Damn, I should check this forum more in the future. I missed a thread about my favourite childhood toyline.

At this stage I only have He-Man (cross version) as I have to try and import everything. JT from what I've heard about Grayskull it is one hell of a toy. The chips are for recognition, when you place a figure at the door it greets whomever it is standing there. If you already have a figure inside that is the same affiliation as another standing at the door it will say for example "Welcome He-Man, Stratos awaits you inside." I forget what the exact dialogue is. If you place a bad guy at the door, where the good guys are warned to step back, the Drawbridge will come crashing down on the bad guy's head. Inside the Castle is another recognition area. Here it will direct good guys to move a certain stone to reveal a chrome Powersword, the bad guys will be instructed to stand over a trap door. There are also plans to release add on sets for Castle Grayskull.

Now for my He-Man review.

The first time I saw the He-Man design was the 2up Mattel unveiled on their official website - I hated it. I thought it was too anime with it's wild hairstyle, oversized, over-detailed weapons and psychotic mass-murderer expression. How times and opinions can change.

After the 2up was unveiled pictures of the actual toy were released and it didn't seem so offensive. The hair sculpt is a lot cleaner and not so wild. Some of the unnecessary detail from the 2up was lost in the scaling down so that it didn't look like a Spawn offshoot (which might seem silly considering who made these). The figure grew on me and I decided that I would like to have one.

After orchestrating a trade I received it the other day and I am speechless. This is, without a doubt in my mind, the best He-Man figure ever made. The figure is made of a durable plastic, I know of people's gym equipment falling on these figures and they have come out unscathed.

The weapons are molded from a pearlised PVC, in a dark room with a limited light source they almost glow. In bright light they have a nearly metallic sheen to them. The details on the weapons are exquisitely sculpted that I am not bothered by whether or not I pose him with his axe or sword.

For the color scheme the Horsemen have opted for a more realistic approach. His harness is now brown to simulate leather, though they still bear the red armor plates running along the top straps. The edges of the breastplate are silver, whilst the rest of the area is now a textured gold. The symbol is still red. it and the plates are painted with a reflective deco. Instead of a plain orange belt, 2002 He-Man's belt is mainly silver with gold details added. The buckle is his symbol on a gold background. His 'shorts' are brown, as are his two-tone boots. On his arms I should add, he has silver cuffs.

While the face sculpt is still bland, though many times better than the original, doesn't worry too much. He-man is a generic superhero much like Superman and has no real 'face'. The rest of the detailing is near flawless. Muscles rip, veins tense, each hand clearly has four fingers and a thumb. His hair is now sculpted and as a result is much more detailed.

That said there are a few problems with this figure. First is his posture. Even though the 2002 figure tower over their classic counterparts they all have a very pronounced hunch, some poses aren't as effective as they could otherwise be. The sculpted hair is a seperate piece to the rest of the figure and as a result looks as though it could all too easily come off. Next, the harness and his 'fuzzy pants' are molded from a very flimsy plastic and feel as though they will break if you pull with little force. The weapons could also have been made a little more durable, the classic accessories were sturdier than these.

With the exception of these few and hardly fatal flaws, I love this toy. It could have done with a little more articulation, Marvel Legends have shown you can make a sturdy toy with multiple articulation, regardless you can still strike a few cool battle poses with the movement you do have. Incidentally the Horsemen wanted more articulation but Mattel vetoed that stating they wanted better durability.

I love this figure and I don't know how well this statement will sit on this board but it blows away anything done in the Hasbro Saga line this year.

For the completists out there, make sure that you not only look out for the symbol variations. With Battle Sound He-Man there are two variations available; one is Silver the other is Gold. The silver BS He-Man comes with The Diamond Ray of Disappearance commemorative video. Goldie comes with The Dragon Invasion.

On e-bay there have been regular figures packaged with other commemorative episodes but no one I know has seen these in stores yet.

Darth Nihilus
07-25-2002, 08:05 AM
The talking role-play sword and deluxe talking he-man are kinda lame simply because He-man's voice is really not so... "he-manly", but luckily I didn't buy either. ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The voice in the Deluxe He-Man is John Erwin, the man who voice He-Man/Adam in the original series. Likewise Alan Oppenheimer provided Deluxe Skeletor's line.

El Chux, He-Man's bird is Battle Hawk. Heh, you might not want to hear this but I'm trading all the Simpsons stuff I have for these figs.

JediTricks
07-26-2002, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Darth Nihilus

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The voice in the Deluxe He-Man is John Erwin, the man who voice He-Man/Adam in the original series. Likewise Alan Oppenheimer provided Deluxe Skeletor's line.

El Chux, He-Man's bird is Battle Hawk. Heh, you might not want to hear this but I'm trading all the Simpsons stuff I have for these figs. You sure? I heard these again today and they still sound much wimpier than A) expected and now B) remembered.

Darth Nihilus
07-26-2002, 05:24 AM
You sure? I heard these again today and they still sound much wimpier than A) expected and now B) remembered.

I can't speak for the sword but the Deluxe He-Man is voiced by Erwin. It was only a one shot deal as there are new (as yet uncredited) actors for the new series. But again yeah, The figure is definitely John Erwin, it was confirmed by Mattel.

evenflow
07-26-2002, 08:52 AM
I finally got he villians, Mer-Man is awesome. Skeletor is pretty cool too.

Darth Nihilus
07-26-2002, 11:53 AM
Soon they will all be mine, oh yes they will and when finally I do have them - wave 2 will be out.:(

JetsAndHeels
07-26-2002, 02:48 PM
The newest issue of Toyfare (#61) has an article about the upcoming He-Man cartoon. It is scheduled to begin on Friday, August 16th at 4pm eastern. The first couple of episodes will be intros to set up the characters and the storyline, much like the JLA series did. The series will air on Cartoon Network.
It also mentioned that the toys were delayed until now to coincide with the release of the new (old) cartoon.

Lman316
07-26-2002, 06:07 PM
I really like these figures - they're great. I love the fact that they're not out of scale, podgy, over-muscled figures anymore. They're just a better scale and an overall better figure.
The only thing that's bothering me a little is the use of gimmicks. I think they take away on some figures. I have no real problem with He-Man, Skeletor or Man-at-Arms (and I can't count Mer-Man because I don't have him yet, and haven't even seen him). But I think Stratos' gimmick takes highly away from him, as he can only flap his arms up and down; Beast Man's is okay, but those arms are useless for anything else (I was playing around the other day, and I wanted Beast Man to carry Man-at-Arms, and he just kept dropping him because his arms aren't made for that).
But the sculpting is A+, the paint app. is A+, articulation is A+ (especially if you're comparing these to the old versions) and I think playability is good. I will buy more, probably all (can't wait for next wave, and a chance to grab a Mer-Man), so I'm gonna have to get some money secured to buy these.

End...:happy:

Darth Nihilus
07-26-2002, 09:44 PM
You might not like Mer-Man then, the articulation on his right (I think) arm is limited so that he can make a stabbing motion with his trident.

THE Slayer
07-27-2002, 12:13 PM
I don't think this was pointed out, but I think it was brought up. Skeletor ( I have) only seen on tri-ling card. He man on both, the Tri-ling card is the asterik version and the english card is the cross.

Darth Nihilus
07-27-2002, 01:06 PM
Actually Slayer my 'cross' He-Man came on a tri-lingual card. The figure was sent to me from Canada. There have been a number of card variations floating about. Mostly it's the english/tri-ling languages, or differing age recommendations 3+, 4+, 5+. If that's your kind of thing there's a list one fan is compiling of the card variations.

http://www.pktoys.com/heman.htm

El Chuxter
07-27-2002, 07:12 PM
I just found Mer-Man, and his arm (its actually the left one) is severely limited. Other than that, top notch just like the rest.

Can't wait for Orko!! :D:Pirate:

BoShek
07-27-2002, 08:07 PM
Anyone know if Fisto and Mossman will be made? I read that a whole bunch, from Mech-a-neck to Whiplash, are planned but I have not read anything or seen pics of my favorite two figures.

JetsAndHeels
07-27-2002, 08:42 PM
Try www.He-Man.org for pics and info on the new toys. They have pics of Teela, Whiplash, Mekanek, and others.

thespar
07-27-2002, 10:40 PM
just foubd some of the he-man down here include the dexule he-man and skeltor and he-man.org is a good site

Darth Nihilus
07-27-2002, 11:14 PM
Do you guys post there as well?

BoShek
07-28-2002, 10:41 PM
I know about that site. I was wondering if anyone here had any info.

Darth Nihilus
07-29-2002, 12:59 AM
There's been no word yet from either Mattel or the 4 Horsemen as to whether or not Fisto or Mossman will be remade. Perhaps Comic Con will reveal something.

Jayspawn
07-29-2002, 01:05 AM
A resculpt of Moss Man would be sweet! I loved that figure, that fuzz was so cool!

JetsAndHeels
07-29-2002, 04:34 PM
I would like to see MossMan remade as well. However, after seeing the new Teela figure, I am definately getting that one. That thing is too sweet!!

El Chuxter
07-29-2002, 04:44 PM
This is just complete curiosity, nothing more, but why does everyone want Moss Man remade? If you go to your local close-out store, I'm sure he's still warming pegs! (Seriously I remember seeing him in giant numbers as late as 1994!)

I could pass on Moss Man, Stinkor, Leech, any of the characters who were completely gimmick.

Beast
07-29-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
I could pass on Moss Man, Stinkor, Leech, any of the characters who were completely gimmick.
Weren't all the figures in the He-Man line, completely gimmicked? Twist and punch action, cyclone action, chomping action, etc. etc. etc. That's how I remember the line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
07-29-2002, 05:09 PM
The new Masters figures kick MAJOR booty! I also can't wait to get a new Moss Man AND Stinkor! Those two can't be released soon enough, in my opinion. While I wouldn't mind having the original versions, I'm really dying to see the redesigned versions! I also can't wait for Buzz-Off, Clawful, Man-E-Faces, Ram Man (coming soon, I know! Just not soon enough!), and Roboto!

I'm I alone in hoping that Mattel manages to secure the license for Thundercats, and letting the Four Horsemen run wild with those figures too? Hopefully in the same scale and style as the new MOTU too.

THE Slayer
07-29-2002, 07:55 PM
Actually that's what Mattel would do if they were smart. In my opinion, right now, Thundercats has more mass market appeal than MOTU, Thundercats has been replaying on cartoon network for a few years and I have a few small cousins who know all those characters etc, It'd be smart to bust them out with the new he-man stuff just for overall appeal to both people like me, a 80's child, and younger kids who still remember them. I'm sure that will change when the new MOTU is airing 3 times a day though.

Darth Nihilus
07-31-2002, 02:24 AM
I got Battle Sound Skeletor yesterday. So here's my thoughts:

Another great Horsemen sculpt. The new Skeletor is more menacing than his classic counterpart, the yellow and green highlights used on his face don't seem as comical, in fact the green gives it am appearance of rotted flesh.

The vac-metallised armor has a demonic face carved into it. the red paint used though can come off a little too easy. I also can't help but wonder how the armor would've looked with a purple duco. The detailing on his shin greaves is excellent and the horned collar is a nice touch. Though I did feel the horns protruding from his hood were a bit much.

Another nice touch to the sculpt is that Skeletor is smaller in build compared to He-Man, though the electronics on this figure necessitated the torso be top-heavy. Another problem I have with this figure, which may just be with mine, is the leg joints being loose. To get him to stand he has to lean back, it still doesn't take away from the aesthetic.

Another thing I don't like about this figure is the weapon loop on the back of the collar. Accessories can only sit horizontally which looks wrong. Not that you're likely to use it too much as all his accesories can be held in his hands. Which leads to another problem.

The swords, they don't seem to stay together too well, I spent ages trying to get them to stay together and even now they're tentatively hanging on together. For those that don't know, Skeletor has a sword that splits apart, one side the hilt is colored purple and engraved with dark paraphernalia, the other half has a bronze hilt and is vaguely fashioned in the likeness of a falcon. The Havoc Staff is an awesome accessory though, a long purple staff ending in a pearlised ram's head adorned with bronzed horns. It can also be used to aid Skeletor in standing it is so long.

There are two main selling points on these deluxe figures (Skeletor and He-Man) and that is the commemorative episodes they come with and the voice chips embedded within. Deluxe Skeletor comes with the episode "The Problem with Power". As for the sound chip only one line is stored on it followed by a 'clang' sound. This is activated by a very inconspicuous black button on his side, unlike the Hasbro Saga gimmick buttons which interfere with the figure's sculpt, you won't notice much the button that activates Skeletor's line (Eternian will be mine! Heheheh! clang). The 'clang' can also be activated by twisting his waist. For the voice chip Mattel commissioned original voice actor Alan Oppenheimer to record the line, problem is that the sound reproduction isn't that good and I wouldn't have known who voiced it had I not known prior to possessing the figure.

It might seem as though I've torn into this figure far more critically than my regular He-Man, but the truth is that BS Skeletor's flaws are minimal and take away nothing in my enjoyment of the figure. The sculpt is amazing and the figure looks fantastic. In my books, on an overall scale he loses a couple more points than He-Man, but not by much. Another job well done.

Off topic, if anyone here is going to the Comic-con this weekend and may be able to do me a favor, could you please PM or e-mail me?

Thanks

El Chuxter
08-06-2002, 12:05 PM
ARRRRRGH!!!!

I thought I had 'em all, and there's a second Battle Sounds He-Man! It seems to be shipping in equal numbers with the first, and is a little too different to be a variant, methinks (though I'm no expert on variants).

The original BSHM had silver metallic armor; the new one has gold. (Second version looks much better.)

The original shipped with "The Diamond Ray of Disappearance" on VHS. The new one ships with an episode with the word Dragon in the title.

To buy or not to buy, that is the question. :(

Beast
08-06-2002, 04:34 PM
El Chuxter, I think it's the planned variant for the first assortment of figures. Just like the next wave will have a variant Mechaneck. Just another way to sell extra figures, to die hard fans. Hmm, I wonder if they will make one of the Samurai figures as a variant, just to tick people that are mad having to buy them now. :evil: :D

Oh, hit the jackpot today. I mentioned in the other thread that all I could find at Wal-Mart was 1 Skeletor, and TRU had like 8 Skeletor's yesterday. I had to pick up my DVD's today, so I stopped at KB Toy Store, to find 2 measly He-Man's. Finally ended up stopping at Target. They had 5-6 He-Man's, 5-6 Skeletor's, 2 Stratos', 2 Man-At-Arms', and 2 Beastman's. I grabbed a Beastman, and will likely pick the others up later. Still no Mer-Man. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Nihilus
08-07-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
ARRRRRGH!!!!

I thought I had 'em all, and there's a second Battle Sounds He-Man! It seems to be shipping in equal numbers with the first, and is a little too different to be a variant, methinks (though I'm no expert on variants).

The original BSHM had silver metallic armor; the new one has gold. (Second version looks much better.)

The original shipped with "The Diamond Ray of Disappearance" on VHS. The new one ships with an episode with the word Dragon in the title.

To buy or not to buy, that is the question. :(

It depends on whether or not you want the cartoon and/or you think the paint job is worth it. I don't know if they are still doing it but Toybliss.com actually gave customers the choice of which one they wanted to order. Though they didn't mention the different armors they listed it as w/Diamond Ray... or w/The Dragon Invasion.

There was a thread started on He-Man.org a while ago on where new toys were being sighted, so if you're having trouble finding what you want I hope this helps.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?threadid=16327