PDA

View Full Version : Will we see the mandalorian armor in Episode III?

maulrat22
06-27-2002, 09:22 PM
Now that we know that Boba Fett will be too young to wear his fathers armor, will anyone else wear the armor?

LTBasker
06-27-2002, 09:42 PM
Well it's been said in the EU way before the prequels that the Jedi fight the mandalorians during the Clone Wars. It's not really known if Lucas is gonna adapt that into E3 or not. It would be cool to see at least some Mandalorian forces taking on the Jedi for revenge on what happened to Jango, but Lucas has said that Jango and Boba were the some of the last of the Mandalorians, so it's just a wait and see thing. :(

anarky
06-28-2002, 03:02 PM
the eu stance now is that the mandaloreans were wiped out by the jedi prior to the clone wars, when jango was a young man

jaster mereel died with them--supposedly, for whatever reason, it's jaster's armor that boba wears as an adult and that's why some (including bad writers) think he's actually jaster mereel--perhaps jango's armor holds too much sentimental value?

jodo kast might be the son of a mandalore, but he seems too much of a pootnanny to be an actual mandalore

Tycho
06-29-2002, 05:48 AM
Read the Boba Fett book?

Aurra Sing ripped off Slave-One!

She has the armor, everything. Boba is ****ed. She captured him and turned him over to Dooku.

The Jedi, led by Siri Taichi have a bounty out on Boba (for live capture) as well!

Finally, Boba is enamored with Padme and fantasizes about her being his mother, of all things!

Whoa! Do you think this will have any bearing in E3?

On another EU story? What would happen in the EU?

What effects would this have for E3?

LTBasker
06-29-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Read the Boba Fett book?

Aurra Sing ripped off Slave-One!

She has the armor, everything. Boba is ****ed. She captured him and turned him over to Dooku.

Hope Lucas doesn't expand on that idea, it was pleasing having Zam in E2 than Aurra, especially since Zam was easier on the eyes. :D There is really no need to put Aurra anywhere, cause if they wanted to expand on her story, then I think they would've put her with Zam, so Zam could get Padme and Aurra could get Obi and Anakin.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-30-2002, 01:55 PM
Boba wears Jango's armor in ESB and ROTJ. In the arena, when Jango gets trampled by the reek, he gets a small dent in his helmet. Boba has this in the OT.

Tycho
06-30-2002, 06:49 PM
Possibly. The comic suggests BUT DOES NOT SAY that Boba wears Jaster Mareel's armor - the man that saved his father's life. Jango left the armor for Boba to grow into. He thought he might've been alive to train his son to use it, so he'd still need his own.

Wow, they would have made quite a team!

In any case, he could repaint the armor. I once thought that he'd get to be a military advisor to the Separatists because he knew what the Clones' strategies would be. If that was the case, maybe they'd give him an honorary rank of a sergeant and the red on the armor is like on the red clonetroopers - significant of a mid-level rank.

Seems like we've heard he'll be too young to fit in the armor in E3. But still, he could get the rank and wear it like Han keeps his bloodstripe?

Jabba John L. is neither wrong, nor is he completely proven right yet.

It could be conicidence that they both get a dent. Father and son due both die alike: trying to kill their nemesis, the Jedi.

Jango gets knocked in the head by the reek, which more importantly damages his jetpack and traps him in the arena with Mace.

Boba gets knocked in the jetpack itself by Han, while Boba's trying to exterminate the Jedi Luke Skywalker.

El Chuxter
07-01-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by anarky
supposedly, for whatever reason, it's jaster's armor that boba wears as an adult and that's why some (including bad writers) think he's actually jaster mereel

Originally posted by Tycho
Possibly. The comic suggests BUT DOES NOT SAY that Boba wears Jaster Mareel's armor - the man that saved his father's life. Jango left the armor for Boba to grow into. He thought he might've been alive to train his son to use it, so he'd still need his own.

The New Essential Guide says that Boba wears Jaster's armor, though I'm more fond of the Jango armor theory (I didn't miss the Reek trampling). I also suspect Boba will get his ship and armor back in the next BF novel, which has Aurra on the cover.

Tycho
07-01-2002, 12:33 PM
I'm looking forward to that book more and more now! :)

scruffziller
07-03-2002, 01:55 AM
Jodo Cast=Space OPIE