PDA

View Full Version : So that's what other collector's look like.

Darth Nihilus
06-28-2002, 07:54 AM
I finally ran into two other collectors as I was doing my browsing tonight at the Saga figs. I made two selections and moments later these two fellas in their mid-teens start browsing. I step back to allow them a better look and they rifle through the pegs. After searching with some fervor they make a couple of selections of their own. But it is one of mine they show interest in - the only Obi-Wan Starfighter Pilot I have seen in my town. They asked if there were any more, of which there wasn't. I did find out though that they are my local rivals and some mates of theirs are also big collecters. They also asked me about the Unleashed figs and I suggested that if they wanted to better know what's available and what's coming that they should check out this site. I feel pretty confident that they were only collectors and not scalpers. Fairly nice kids.

On a side note - in addition to my lone Obi-Wan the shop I went to had put out several cases of late wave figures. There must've been about ten Vaders, seven Lukes, five Hans and about five Chewies. In SW unrelated news I picked up a second Storm Jet from the RiD toyline from the same shop.

Yar Cydoh
06-28-2002, 07:02 PM
Five Chewies?! Wow they must have been saving those up for empty pegs. I think that's what the Wal-Mart did down near me. But they only had two Chewies. There might have been more but I ran off when I got the second Chewie. And I also picked up a Obi Wan Pilot and Han Solo.

chubbychicken
06-29-2002, 02:48 AM
7 lukes???.......=*( i swear if i saw that hear i would rop and cry...in happiness that is haha LUKE IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND HERE!

Darth Nihilus
06-29-2002, 10:07 AM
What I couldn't understand is this, these cases looked as though they had only been put out that night, so for that many Vaders, Lukes, Hans, Chewies, FB Jango's (one entire peg) and GR Mace's (another entire peg) there had to be at least 3 or 4 cases put out, and there was only one Obi in that lot? Or three if say a couple had been bought already.

The Lukes were all the plastic peg variety.

One thing I noticed with Han too, though this is probably already old news, is that the grey droid caller version is packaged slightly differently to the white droid caller Han. The right hand on my white version faces downwards, while in the grey ones it faces upwards.

Yar Cydoh
06-29-2002, 11:12 AM
Which is harder to find? The white "droid caller" or the grey?

hango fett
06-29-2002, 11:20 AM
i was looking at the figures yesterday at my local wal-mart and there where these guys there...probably in there late teens. they started to make fun of them so i quietly slipped away to the isle behind it. they were saying things like "i'm going to kill you with my light sword!" that just made my blood boil more after not finding anything new AGAIN! if they don't like the stuff and want to make fun of it, go somewhere else. and the other thing that made me go to the next isle was the fact that i was holdong a "windtunnel" luminara in my hands.....
peace
hango

QLD
06-29-2002, 12:27 PM
Well, I make fun of all of the other toys that I think suck, so I can't say a whole lot.

LTBasker
06-29-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Yar Cydoh
Which is harder to find? The white "droid caller" or the grey?

It appears the white "droid caller" is that hardest to find, but not very hard to find. In the end it'll probably be the harder one to get due to the grey obviously getting more shipping time until the production of the figure runs out.

Jedi Juice
06-29-2002, 04:03 PM
Last night I stopped at a Walmart to check if I could find Palp or Puhr and the pegs were full of FB Fetts, Mace's, Vaders, and a few Luke's. (I originally bought those online because I couldn't find them in a store). Anyway, there was another guy with his wife looking for figures and when he saw the Bespin Luke he almost died! He was so excited to finally get one, it made me happy that I already had one so I could let the guy take it. Anyway, that's my story.

Darth Nihilus
06-30-2002, 09:16 AM
I almost relented and let them have Obi-Wan, but after what they told me about their mates grabbing everything they could get their hands, I decided I wouldn't take my chances on seeing another one pop up. Besides, their collectors like myself, enjoying the thrill of the hunt. I also checked and saw my hidden HD Anakin still sitting there after 4 or more weeks.

Oh and all the Hans had grey callers.

JediDan
06-30-2002, 11:58 AM
Yes so far the Han w/white caller is the hard find. So far I have found about 5 Han Solos and only one of them was white. I have also noticed that we're finally starting to see the Bespin wave in Minneapolis area and they are already pegwarmers. Mostly metal peg Lukes but I did find a couple flesh peg Lukes. Also the Jango (Final Battle) with fireball pointing upwards is a very hard find also. I have only found 3 of them out of about 30 or so.