PDA

View Full Version : About those AOTC "Preview Figures"

JEDIpartner
10-02-2001, 10:47 AM
The vendor has printed this as of today...

"Due to a misinterpretation of information on the part of the supplier, Kenner's listing for its Star Wars Episode II Preview Figures (OCT013365, SRP: $8.00) was inaccurate. The six figures that will be available beginning in December 2001 will actually be Classic characters: FX-7, Amidala in Black Gown, Rebel Trooper, Imperial Trooper, Snaggletooth, and Eeth Koth. Kenner apologizes for any inconvenience."

I KNEW this was too good to be true!!!

JediCole
10-02-2001, 02:29 PM
December did seem more than a trifle too early for the release of preview figures. Though LucasFilm has made no secret of almost every top secret aspect of the poorly named upcoming next installment of the Star Wars saga.
JEDIpartnr, I take it from the item code with the "OCT" prefix that the vendor in question is Diamond Comic Distributors. Their product codes are unmistakable.

JEDIpartner
10-02-2001, 03:15 PM
Yeah... that would have been Diamond... and the rumours ran rampant on just about every toy vendor's site, including Previews, about these figures being "sneak preview" figures. Apparently they get their bad information from the same place...

Oh, well... no big deal. Just a few more months and we will be there.

I can wait... REALLY!!!

GNT
10-03-2001, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I can wait... REALLY!!!

I cant either :)

master jedi
10-04-2001, 01:23 PM
Well I can't wait so much I'm about to wet myself. Seriously.