PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't Palpy fight back?

scruffziller
06-28-2002, 08:32 PM
I always wondered why Palpy didn't try to figt off Vader when he picked him up. Did the stream of force lightning make him inopperative at that time?

Beast
06-28-2002, 08:37 PM
Palpy's in his late 80's, and Vader is also alot stronger then Palpy, even though he had just lost a hand. Plus Palpy doesn't seem like he's much of a fighter, he always gets others to do his dirty work. Maul, Dooku, Anakin/Vader. But he did keep pouring on the force lightning, instead of shutting it off. So he was fighting back, from a certain point of view. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
06-28-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Palpy's in his late 80's, and Vader is also alot stronger then Palpy, even though he had just lost a hand. Plus Palpy doesn't seem like he's much of a fighter, he always gets others to do his dirty work. Maul, Dooku, Anakin/Vader. But he did keep pouring on the force lightning, instead of shutting it off. So he was fighting back, from a certain point of view. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
I still thought Palpy was stronger, it just seemed funny that Palpy looked paralyzed in that stance when he was picked up and the force lightning just kept going. But he didn't seem to grab around to his head and grab or try to force lift himself out of that shaft. His energy was probably all going to the force lightning.

LTBasker
06-28-2002, 11:22 PM
Well he was also probably concentrating on the force for the lightning and was letting his anger for Luke cloud his senses and so when Vader grab him it overtook Palpy and he couldn't think due to all his concentration on the force lightning.

Exhaust Port
06-28-2002, 11:32 PM
Or maybe Vader was giving him a Force wedgie which caused Palpytine to freeze with pain. Every guy knows a kick to the Johnson will bring even the mightest to their knees.

JediTricks
06-29-2002, 12:56 AM
It's the element of surprise, even more powerful than the Force itself. :D Look at Qui-Gon's death, Maul's death, Zam's death, Jango's death, Greedo's death, Porkins' death, Biggs' death, the Tauntaun's death, Zev's death, K-3PO's death, Dak's death, Boba's death, Jabba's death... "SURPRISE!!! You're dead." :dead:

;) :D

Exhaust Port
06-29-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
"SURPRISE!!! You're dead."

I don't know if you meant the reference but it's a little Faith No More off of the Epic album. It would have made a great song to play while the Emperor was making his final descent into the void. :)

Obi-Don
06-29-2002, 06:23 AM
He did fight back once he figured out what was going on with the lightning. I think that he wasn't expecting what Vader did and was shock that Vader would choose someone else over him.

darthvyn
06-29-2002, 10:09 AM
well, vader also then died after that... it's not like luke's chopping off his robotic hand did that... palpatine was fighting back, as we see when the electricity shows vader's skull through his armor...

scruffziller
06-29-2002, 01:23 PM
THe force lightning is what shorted out Vader's breathing circuitry.

MikeAndTheBots
06-29-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
I always figured that it didn't short circuit his breathing but it just took the life out of him so basically he let himself die at the hands of his son rather than die from Palpy's tourture.

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 01:49 PM
I would have thought that he would have choaked vader or shut of Vader's macinery using his mind powers!

scruffziller
06-29-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots

I always figured that it didn't short circuit his breathing but it just took the life out of him so basically he let himself die at the hands of his son rather than die from Palpy's tourture.
By listening to the breathing you can hear that he is just struggling to breathe on his own because there is no longer the machine working.

MikeAndTheBots
06-29-2002, 03:44 PM

By listening to the breathing you can hear that he is just struggling to breathe on his own because there is no longer the machine working.
As I said before, I thought that was just because his body got even more messed up by the lightning so he was winded and slowly dying. I guess you're right though, but I mean our views are pretty much the same...

Jayspawn
06-30-2002, 03:12 AM
Palpatine couldn't fight back. He was a little busy being blasted at the time.

DarthBatman
07-06-2002, 02:30 PM

I always thought that this is what killed Vader, too.