PDA

View Full Version : South Park DVD's - Season Boxsets!!

Beast
06-28-2002, 09:14 PM
I don't have much info on these yet, but the rumor that Warner Bros. was working on boxsets of the series has been around a while. As I am sure most of you know, they had been releasing themed sets, which caused fans of the show to see red. A while back, they were some rumblings that this was true, but today on the South Park Studios website, it was confirmed.

*!*South Park Season One to be RE-Released on DVD*!*

On November 12th 2002 the first season of South Park will be re-released, each one of the three discs in this set will come with a directors commentary by Matt Stone and Trey Parker.

Hopefully the original version of "Cartman gets an anal probe" will be included. As well as the 2 original shorts that started the series, "Jesus vs. Frosty" and "The Spirit of Christmas". :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RAVAZ
06-28-2002, 09:44 PM
That would be awesome!

Eternal Padawan
06-29-2002, 04:43 AM
Tee Hee. The Spirit of Christmas.

"C'mon Kringle. I'll buy you an orange smoothie."

"Ooh!" :D

Nuts to them rereleasing all the episodes after I already bought them. They oughtta put in a voucher to exchange the discs I already bought. I don't care if it was Rhino or not...it's just WB sucking more money out of my already thin wallet. jerks. :mad:

Beast
06-29-2002, 06:03 AM
Well, it's not like the Rhino versions were that great. Plus we are getting audio commentary. If I were you EP, I would dump those on Ebay to someone that doesn't know there is a new set coming yet. That's what most DVD-philes do when there is a new release. Though, I am not sure if the introductions from the Rhino versions will be included. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 06:37 AM
Yeah, great I'll definatley buy them, but if there anything like The Simpsons they'll but it back to December, then about a fortnight before release they'll put it back to January and then February!

Post 500

QLD
06-29-2002, 01:01 PM
I can really do without Trey and Matt introducing the episodes anyway.

I would like them to do this.....but for some reason I feel no urge to buy them.

SWAFMAN
06-29-2002, 01:59 PM
I saw what I think was the new season opener last night at midnight on comedy central. an instant classic!!!!!!
cartman telling about his encounter with the guy in the alley just about put me in the hospital from hysterics, and the ending was as perfect as it was unexpected. for me, at least.

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 04:42 PM
I saw a funny one last night, the one where all the rich people meove into south park, but they're all black and it's made to look like the Klu Klux Klan, hilarious!

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 04:43 PM
Sorry I phrased that wrong, the way the towns people act is meant to look like the KKK.

JediTricks
06-30-2002, 07:13 PM
I believe what JP2002 is referring to is an ep from last season where that the townspeople of South Park are all prejudiced against all the new black people in town not because they're black, but because they're all rich folks.

But if you watch the show, you probably already knew that. ;)

Jek Porky 2002
06-30-2002, 07:16 PM
Thanx JT, I was getting a bit muddled with my words then, that was what I was meant to say.

Beast
07-13-2002, 09:29 PM
TVShowsonDVD.com has a definate release date of 11/12 for the first season boxset. The same day as the 4-disc and 5-disc LOTR's set. The price will be 39.98 MSRP. Wow, that is going to be a real expensive day. :eek: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
08-08-2002, 06:36 PM
Warner Bros. announced full specs for the first season boxset that comes out on November 5th. The price has been confirmed to be $39.98. This info is from DVDtoons.com. :)

Warner Bros. announces the bonus features for the upcoming South Park: Season 1 Set...

Mr. Hankey! Mecha Streisand! Cartman's Mom! And more. It all started here, in South Park's groundbreaking first season. Still going strong in its sixth season, South Park continues to be Comedy Central's highest rated and most recognized original series ever.

Irreverent audio commentary for all thirteen episodes from South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
Jay Leno's South Park guest appearance as formerly seen only on "The Tonight Show."
Music Video: Two classic Christmas music videos that haven't been unwrapped since their original airing in 1997:
Cartman: "O Holy Night"
Ned: "O Little Town of Bethlehem"
Priceless on-camera intros to all thirteen episodes from Parker and Stone, who are as popular with the fans as their animated characters.
The original on-air promos for the show's debut - relive the insanity that made South Park an instant hit.

South Park Season 1 is scheduled for 11/12, and will retail for $39.98

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
08-10-2002, 05:49 AM
Here's the DVD case art for the Complete First Season boxset. Looks really nice, but I hope that they hurry the releases along. I don't want to see another slow release pattern similar to the Simpsons' DVD releases. :( Though, judging by Warner's release pattern for their Friends season boxsets, we should get one every 4 months or so, hopefully less. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the pic Jar Jar, it looks really nice!

By the way, about The Simpsons box sets, is there any new on season 3 yet? I guess you'd be the man to know as you're into DVD's.

Beast
08-10-2002, 11:00 AM
Agreed, the set does look really nice. Hope that they keep the same style of box art thru the seasons as well. I was a little disapointed when they changed the cover art for the M*A*S*H discs. :(

I haven't heard any concrete news on the 3rd Simpsons' set yet, thanks to how long the 2nd was delayed. I'll keep my eye out for info though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
08-10-2002, 12:31 PM
I may pick this up, but I have seen the first season sooooooooo many times, I am not sure I will find it amusing any more.

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Hope that they keep the same style of box art thru the seasons as well. I was a little disapointed when they changed the cover art for the M*A*S*H discs. :(

I hate it when they do that, they did it with the Simpsons Season 2, they kept the fronts the same which was good, but they changed the side, which is the part on display when you put them on your shelf, if a company such as Fox decides they are going to be making a whole series of DVD's they should think very carefully at first, how they are going to style them, so that they don't have to change eventually, leaving people's collections scarred.

QLD
08-10-2002, 01:39 PM
I haven't even seen the Simpsons Season 2 yet. I need to get that. Is it any good? Come to think of it, I haven't even opened season one yet.....

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 02:43 PM
I don't suppose that anyone's really interested, but Futurama Season 2 is released in Region 2 in November, I can't wait, this Autumn is going to be sooo cool for DVD's!

Beast
08-10-2002, 03:01 PM
There is a rumor that the states may get a Region 1 release of Futurama next year. I hope so, since it originally wasn't going to happen because of how much money a show can make in syndication. But then the show got cancelled before it reached the required number of episodes of syndication, and they were talking that it wouldn't be avaliable either way. :(

Family Guy is supposed to be coming to Region 1 also later this year. And King of the Hill is rumored for Region 1 next year. I hope so, I like to see TV shows get released on DVD, since in syndication they cut them to show more commercials. I just wish Columbia would release the 2nd Season of All in the Family. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 03:12 PM
I thought Futurama has een alowed one more season, just to see if it can save itself, maybe it's just a rumour though.

Jek Porky 2002
08-26-2002, 05:32 PM
I've just found out that The Simpsons Treehouse Of Horror will be released on the 28th October, it will have 4 Hallowe'en related Episodes, most likely 4 Treehouse Of Horrors, although I hope they do put in at least one that is not a Treehouse Of Horror Episode, and also it will have a 2 minute featurette about Kang And Kodos, I guessed that's who it would be about.

But the real news is that, the web-site I was on (can't remember the name), said that Season 3 will be released in the UK on December 2nd, could this be true? Surely it's way too soon after Season 2 (5 months), or are they making up for lost time, with the constant schedualing of season 2, Jar Jar do you know anything?

Jek Porky 2002
08-26-2002, 05:35 PM
Just in case you don't believe me, the site is:

The Simpsons Archive
www.snpp.com