PDA

View Full Version : Post a picture of yourself!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Deoxyribonucleic
04-03-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
LOL! :) Wrong...here is the "sock trout" that I caught in my room the day I took the picture of myself. ;)

OMG!

Thanks for the laugh! :D

I certainly wasn't expecting THAT! (*pulling mind out of the gutter) Oiiii VAY!

still laughing

Kidhuman
04-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
LOL! :) Wrong...here is the "sock trout" that I caught in my room the day I took the picture of myself. ;)

That is a good one.....LOL.

TheDarthVader
04-03-2003, 10:23 PM
Thanks...(and now the back story) that was actually Mr. Sock, a puppet that I used to entertain my 3 year old neice with. He would eat junk like cookies and spit it out...and she loved it! I saw to it that he'd eat good things like fruits and veggies. Anyways, thought I'd add some humor. :)

HARDY
04-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Well heres a couple of pics of me, one with my master and one with my boys!!!!!!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/data/500/3900Me_and_Darth.jpg

HARDY
04-07-2003, 07:08 PM
im 6ft and this thing makes me look small im taking about darth not the strange beer belly close to me in the 2nd pic.....by the way who was just some guy joining in the photo!!!!!!

TheDarthVader
04-07-2003, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HARDY
[B]Well heres a couple of pics of me, one with my master and one with my boys!!!!!!

This reminded me of a nursery rhyme... Ba ba black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir. Yes sir...three bags full. one for my MASTER one for my dame...one for the little boy that lives down the lane. lol :)

Ha ha collector have you any pictures? Yes sir, yes sir... three albums full. One with my master, one with my boys...one with my gal and one with my toys. ;)

Dr Zoltar
04-07-2003, 11:41 PM
Here's me as of 9:15 pm PDT. Dr. Zoltar the geek boy in all his finest.

Too bad my cheap computer video camera makes it look like I live in the land of beige.

mabudonicus
04-08-2003, 11:47 AM
Land of Beige:)????Naww, it's just "Zoltar-tatooine uncertainty".... I think he's the 3rd zoltar that's been released

sith_killer_99
04-08-2003, 08:03 PM
Taken Jan 28th 2002

Proud new dad. (last year):)

DarthChuckMc
04-08-2003, 08:14 PM
That's cool SK99...I wish my kids were still that small....now they're regular ol' smart*** kids.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-08-2003, 08:29 PM
awwwwwwwww :)

now that's a fresh brand new baby. Congrats SK99! :)

Kidhuman
04-08-2003, 09:06 PM
That was a cute wittle bitty baby. I want one.

RooJay
04-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Congratulations Sith Killer! :D
You have much to be proud of; she's beautiful! When she's old enough to enjoy movies, I'm sure she'll make an excellent addition to our little club here!;)

r2dee2
04-09-2003, 09:27 PM
Congratulations to you sith_killer_99 and your wife, for your new bundle of joy :D Thanks for sharing your beautiful picture with us!! :D :cool:

Kidhuman
04-10-2003, 03:17 PM
My wedding picture, Simpsons style............

Deoxyribonucleic
04-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
My wedding picture, Simpsons style............

"Don't let it be the boy. Don't let it be the boy. Don't let it be the DOH!!

Why you little..."

Great pic Kid :D

Kidhuman
04-11-2003, 12:54 PM
Thank you DN....

RooJay
06-16-2003, 04:00 PM
Hey! I'm sure no one cares, but since I really did enjoy this old thread and I just so happened to come across a decent pic of myself (I seldom seem to photograph well), I thought I'd post and bring this baby back from the dead!
Here's a pretty decent pic of myself with my girlfriend (3 years together this wednesday!). That'd be me - second from the right. The three big goons in the pic are my cousins - pretty surly lookin' bunch, but they are my family.
Enjoy, and lets see any new pics the rest of you may have!

r2dee2
06-16-2003, 05:27 PM
RooJay...nice pic:)! Your girlfriend has a nice smile too.

r2dee2
06-16-2003, 05:45 PM
I may have posted a pic before, but I'm sure it's long gone, so here's a recent one taken last week of my hubby and I on our
34 th Anniversary (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/mikedeeanniversarycropeA_5.jpg)

sith_killer_99
06-16-2003, 08:23 PM
34th? How can that be? Dee, you can't be more than 29!:)

RooJay
06-16-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by r2dee2
RooJay...nice pic:)! Your girlfriend has a nice smile too.

Thank you!
You're right, she has a beautiful smile!;)

Yours is not a bad pic either!

I'm suddenly wishing I had taken my digital camera on that little walk I took about half an hour ago - there's a movie filming a couple blocks down from my house, and I was just thinking it would've been interesting to get some pics of Robin Tunney, Rory Culkin, and Philip Baker Hall to share here...;)

bobafrett
06-17-2003, 12:08 AM
r2dee2, what, that picture has no Star Wars toys in the background. Hee Hee. Barry, I mean, very nice picture.

bobafrett
06-17-2003, 12:12 AM
Oh, and RooJay, nice picture of you and your cousins, and your girlfriend.

mabudonicus
06-17-2003, 12:11 PM
Ahh, somebody blew the dust off this old saw, eh??
The new additions are nice, good to keep up to date, after all...
In a week or so I've got a pic of me and JJreason and Sethquinn in front of my favourite pub which will go right up here... just starting the hype;)

Jedi Leanne
06-20-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Anakin2121
Quite a thread we've got going! I guess I'll chip in. :)

I've viewed pretty much all of this thread and I think you should win the award of Cutest Forumite. You really look like Orlando Bloom. :p

Anakin2121
06-20-2003, 09:14 PM
Thank you...I guess. :)

Deoxyribonucleic
06-21-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by plasticfetish
Oh, that really bugs me. I always thought that I was the cutest forumite. I mean after all ... look ...

Garsh, and here this whole time when I would go to our local toy hangouts, I thought this was you and I'd carry on and on and on to you.

Now I wonder who this guy IS???

Deoxyribonucleic
06-21-2003, 05:39 AM
holy shinoly, it posted the same thing twice LOL

Kidhuman
06-21-2003, 11:57 AM
PF......I didnt know you looked like the Drunk Care Bear.

mabudonicus
06-23-2003, 11:52 PM
This is a pic of a few Canuckleheads from this forum in front of my fave brewpub

PS- bad scan I know, and I'm freaking out over Zutton out of a clearance bin, but whatcha gonna do??

plasticfetish
06-24-2003, 02:47 AM
Mmm ... ale ... mmmmm.

bobafrett
06-24-2003, 09:12 AM
Okay Day, here is a picture of me with my Imperial officers hat on, cubs jersey, and Stormtrooper armor. Myself and Darth Vader were off to the Cubs game last Sunday. We even made the news.

Exhaust Port
06-24-2003, 10:15 AM
I'll follow Bobafrett's picture of him on a bus with a picture of me literally on a bus.

Buses rule!

dr_evazan22
06-24-2003, 05:48 PM
I don't really remember what photo I posted before, but I found a better one. It's one of the ones you see every day but forget all about.

QLD
06-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Well, the last picture I posted was when I got engaged. Here is one from the wedding in April.

bobafrett
06-25-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
I'll follow Bobafrett's picture of him on a bus with a picture of me literally on a bus.

Buses rule!

Dude, you literally are on "the bus". LOL. Too bad I'm afraid of heights, otherwise I'd try to top that picture!

dr_evazan22
06-25-2003, 09:34 AM
Congrats on the nuptials Mr Pants!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-26-2003, 11:57 PM
Well some time ago, I posted a picture of my twin brother and said that as soon as I find one of myself that I would post it here.
Nearly a year later, I come to keep that promise.

The reason that it took so long was first of all, I had not in my possession a scanner or digital camera until Christmas. I then planned to take some elaborate photos of my collection with my head popping up in them, but that never materialized. So here is a regular old picture of myself (and my big sis!). Sorry for the graininess.

QLD
06-27-2003, 12:53 AM
Thanks Dr Evazan!

CloneTrooperMace
06-29-2003, 01:13 PM
(picture 1)Here is here is another Pic of StewartKitty (aka Princess).She's up here tree.(picture 2) Is my other kitty "Me Me" She's in the window trying to catch some flies.

Kidhuman
06-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Dude those pictures are so blurry. Need to retake them. Here is a pic of my new kitty and me. he is about 7 weeks old. Got him about 2 weeks ago.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-29-2003, 03:52 PM
Beach Party with a washed up Alien??? :eek:

CloneTrooperMace
06-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Dude those pictures are so blurry. Need to retake them. Here is a pic of my new kitty and me. he is about 7 weeks old. Got him about 2 weeks ago.

I know I have somestupid AOL digiCam I sucks!!Will I only payed $29 bucks :rolleyes: .BTW you have cute kitty

Kidhuman
06-29-2003, 05:55 PM
NIce pic Deoxy. I miss the beach. And thanks CTM.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-29-2003, 06:39 PM
NIce pic Deoxy. I miss the beach. And thanks CTM.

thanks Kidhuman :) My friend, who is taking the picture is the one who sculpted that lovely alien in the sand, he was a "he" as we made sure to make "him" anatomically correct...it was hillarious, people all over the beach kept stopping to look and their eyes would drift around and they'd start laughing LOL

Here's a more updated picture of me without my dreads anymore :( Alas, I had to join the real world of career hunting and I don't think many would take me seriously with my dreads, which is unfortunate!!

SirSteve
06-29-2003, 07:04 PM
A recent picture of myself and DMC from RUN DMC.

Kidhuman
06-29-2003, 08:50 PM
Aww Deoxy, I liked the dreds. Looks good either way.

Steve, where did you meet DMC. I used to see him when I was younger in Queens.

jjreason
06-30-2003, 01:08 AM
This is a pic of a few Canuckleheads from this forum in front of my fave brewpub....

Hey, wait a second... I look FAT in that picture!!! :mad: Oh, hang on a second... I am fat. Never mind the angry face.... :crazed:

A recent picture of myself and DMC from RUN DMC.

Man, that is CRAZY!!!!!! They were heroes of mine back in high school (still are, now that I think about it - opened my eyes to rap and hip hop).

SirSteve - I always envisioned you as older!?! You look younger than me in that pic!

2-1B
06-30-2003, 03:00 AM
Steve, where did you meet DMC. I used to see him when I was younger in Queens.

Did you happen to see him during "Christmas time in Hollis, Queens"? :crazed:

Don't worry Reason, you'll always be phat to me. :kiss: ;)

Kidhuman
06-30-2003, 08:31 AM
Actually It was the summertime. My dad drove a bus for a day camp and had to pick up kids in Hollis. So they used to be on the corner rapping all the time. This was way back in 1986 though.

Dr Zoltar
06-30-2003, 02:16 PM
Here's a pic of me from about a month ago. As you can see, I'm hard at work...or is that hardly working? If you look closely, you can see I'm checking my hotmail.

Exhaust Port
06-30-2003, 03:10 PM
Dr. Zoltar, you work in a very blurry office. ;)

It's nice to see others appriciate the scarrier things in life. Nice Cthulhu plush!

Dr Zoltar
06-30-2003, 03:41 PM
Dr. Zoltar, you work in a very blurry office. ;)

It's nice to see others appriciate the scarrier things in life. Nice Cthulhu plush!

Thanks! I work in a confidential environment so I had to blur out some of the stuff I was working on. And various phone sheets I have hanging up on my cube wall.

I have a few Cthulian items hanging around work. My cube buddy and I share horror books all the time. Unfortunately not in the photo is a shelf devoted to a bunch of star wars figures and legos. One day, a co-worker who calls them "dolls" replaced all the light sabers with cocktail umbrellas. It was so funny that I decided to leave them like that.

He thought he was being a smart *** until I got him addicted to the Playskool Star Wars line. Now he has those displayed in his cube as well.

Kidhuman
06-30-2003, 04:24 PM
Nice to rub an addiction off on to someone else. Peer pressure never dies out does it? :crazed:

Dr Zoltar
07-01-2003, 02:18 AM
Thanks kidhuman. I'm working on getting as many people as I can where I work into collecting. We once had a multi-site across the nation video conference with all of IT. The head of IT asked for submissions from each site to comment on a quirk or hobby of an employee. A co-worker sent in a blurb stating that I "collected Star Wars actions figures -- er, make that dolls." So now everyone in IT in my company knows I collect. As a thank you for being singled out, I sent the head of IT his very own figure. I never did hear back. But since I was not fired, I figured I did the right thing.

Exhaust Port, yeah that's one of a few Cthulhus I have hanging around my home and office. Just below him at the bottom of my monitor is a Cthulhu Statuette I picked up at the Lovecraft Film Festival in Oregon. There's also an octopus finger puppet there as well. Just a little protection from anyone messing with my cube.

I've attached a painting a friend did for me for my birthday a few years back. He did this off of memory after seeing a picture of Cthulhu only once.

Exhaust Port
07-01-2003, 08:28 AM
Awesome. After only seeing it once? That's impressive.

Dr Zoltar
07-01-2003, 09:46 AM
Yeah, he's one of those guys that just has a gift for art. He was never professionally trained, but can create impressive drawings in a matter of minutes. I did make him read "The Call of Cthulhu" so I'm sure that helped as well.

The Overlord Returns
07-01-2003, 12:56 PM
Well......I guess it's time for me to do this too....

scruffziller
07-01-2003, 01:25 PM
My brother and I in Chicago at the Sears Tower.

mabudonicus
07-02-2003, 08:36 AM
Hey, Zoltar, that Cthulu pic is SWEET!!! I've been motivated to draw some pretty strange stuff by Lovecraft... just wanted to mention it, since I've mentioned his work a few times in different places and no-one ever replies...... glad to know at least one other person cares, as he was truly an awesome horror author- sometimes I forget what the story is about and find myself marveling over his way with words

Exhaust Port
07-02-2003, 09:18 AM
...and marveling over his ability to make up words. His whole made up language is creepy.

Kidhuman
07-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Well......I guess it's time for me to do this too....

Ahhhh you had me going. Thought we might get to finally see the face behind the posts.

The Overlord Returns
07-02-2003, 10:26 AM
Ahhhh you had me going. Thought we might get to finally see the face behind the posts.

While I was just kidding about, I actually am told constantly how much I look like Jesse Custer (the comic book picture I posted is the hero from "Preacher", if you haven't read it, do so.).

I no longer have the long hair, but the shape of face and a penchant for not shaving are bang on.....

Kidhuman
07-02-2003, 03:30 PM
While I was just kidding about, I actually am told constantly how much I look like Jesse Custer (the comic book picture I posted is the hero from "Preacher", if you haven't read it, do so.).

I no longer have the long hair, but the shape of face and a penchant for not shaving are bang on.....

Let us be the judge of it. Post a pic. already.

El Chuxter
07-02-2003, 04:31 PM
My, how this thread has grown.

Here's a pic I found in an old crate. It's of my great-great-great-great-grandfather, Captain "Pegleg" Chuxbeard. I think he was a milkman or something. :Pirate:

Exhaust Port
07-02-2003, 05:07 PM
What? No parrot?

El Chuxter
07-02-2003, 05:28 PM
From the journals of Captain "Pegleg" Chuxbeard, Ye Olde Captain Aboard Her Majesty's Pirate Ship 'Barley'

A long sad story that be, aye. All the other lads in Pirateville had parrots, aye, they did. But me Mum got me not a parrot, not even a scurvy dog. All I had to keep me company was me pet lemur. And not even a scary lemur, no. It were the cutest lemur me ever saw, it were. And cute on the HMPS Barley ain't worth no salt, so when I became a man I put the lemur in a basket and left it on Mr T's porch with a note asking him to care for me baby, I did. And the last me heard of me lemur were a voice saying, "What's this jibba-jabba? That's one ugly foo' baby!"

Okay, I couldn't make a decent looking parrot. So sue me!

mabudonicus
07-06-2003, 02:13 PM
Here's a pic of me and JediElf at a party we held before heading out west 2 years ago... this is more or less what we look like now, but JediElf doesn't really wear the nose ring much anymore, too tricky to get in and out, ya know?

Deoxyribonucleic
07-06-2003, 02:31 PM
Here's a pic of me and JediElf at a party we held before heading out west 2 years ago... this is more or less what we look like now, but JediElf doesn't really wear the nose ring much anymore, too tricky to get in and out, ya know?

ROCK ON!!!

That's a great pic Mabu, much clearer than the last ;) :)

jjreason
07-06-2003, 06:50 PM
...this is more or less what we look like now

Except you haven't shaved since this pic was snapped, you scruffy lookin' nerf herder...... :p

mabudonicus
07-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Thanks DNA!!!
and c'mon JJ... is the Federal database THAT slow;)?!?! I shaved as soon as it started getting hot, now I got me baby face again :)!!!!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-09-2003, 09:50 AM
This is me the morning after my all night grad party. Me and a couple of my buddies went to a nearby MacDonalds and after eating, I jumped into Ronald's Playplace.

http://www.geocities.com/omnimon_5000/ANGP_23.jpg

Deoxyribonucleic
07-09-2003, 11:19 AM
Heyyyyyyyy, fancy t' meet ya there HBH :)

Kidhuman
08-21-2003, 08:15 PM
Me and the lovely Sweetrain at a friends wedding

Jargo
08-21-2003, 08:31 PM
Here's me the gremlin helper and the stupid dawg I may have posted this before but this mess around made me laugh out loud when I saw what i'd done to the Gremlin and the dog. I just couldn't be arsed with doing me properly, I just thought it was funny.

Kidhuman
08-21-2003, 08:32 PM
Jargo your pic isnt working

Jargo
08-21-2003, 08:35 PM
Works for me. :) try it now. I was probably editing the link when you tried.

Kidhuman
08-21-2003, 08:42 PM
Its working now EJ. Pretty coolpick with the clown dog...LOL

mabudonicus
08-22-2003, 10:01 AM
yeah, nice pic Jargo.... kinda scary in some odd way :D

Patient Zero
08-22-2003, 12:21 PM
Here's me the gremlin helper and the stupid dawg I may have posted this before but this mess around made me laugh out loud when I saw what i'd done to the Gremlin and the dog. I just couldn't be arsed with doing me properly, I just thought it was funny.

I just knew it! It is all so clear now!

Deoxyribonucleic
08-22-2003, 12:34 PM
I just knew it! It is all so clear now!

OMG, where have you two been?? Well, I've seen Jargo here and there but not like usual!! AND GOJ, I've not seen you forever mate!!

Sorry to miss post in here, but I almost had a coronary seeing Jonna's post ;)

good to see the both of yas!!

Patient Zero
08-22-2003, 01:26 PM
OMG, where have you two been?? Well, I've seen Jargo here and there but not like usual!! AND GOJ, I've not seen you forever mate!!

Sorry to miss post in here, but I almost had a coronary seeing Jonna's post ;)

good to see the both of yas!!

Just a little drive-by posting, love! :Pirate: rrrrrrrrr!

Jargo
08-31-2003, 10:49 AM
I've been around yeah but my posting is being stunted because i'm active elsewhere on other forums. I've been cured of my star wars fetish and it's now simply one more area of interest. You're more likely to find me in the Muppets figures thread.

jeddah
09-02-2003, 10:14 AM
Did you guys ever get the Judderman adverts for Metz in the US? This is me and Jo (i'm the Judderman, she's The Crow).

jeddah

dr_evazan22
09-03-2003, 01:07 AM
Nice costume Jeddah!

plasticfetish
09-03-2003, 02:30 AM
That's one of the most frightening things that I've ever seen.

No, we don't have those commercials over here ... not that I know of. I've read about them now and know what they are and all I can think is that they'd give me nightmares ... or drive me to drink (some more.) We do have a similarly creepy telephone commercial over here. It features the comedian "Carrot Top (http://www.azstarnet.com/mda/postcardtel/mda_CarrotTop.jpg)" ... now that guy is creepy.

jeddah
09-03-2003, 03:52 AM
That's one of the most frightening things that I've ever seen.

No, we don't have those commercials over here ... not that I know of. I've read about them now and know what they are and all I can think is that they'd give me nightmares ... or drive me to drink (some more.) We do have a similarly creepy telephone commercial over here. It features the comedian "Carrot Top (http://www.azstarnet.com/mda/postcardtel/mda_CarrotTop.jpg)" ... now that guy is creepy.

Thanks, please remember it is a costume and required a lot of make over to hide my refined looks :D

Carrot Top: He got great bone structure though. :)Here's a link to the Judderman advert (http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/commercials/15)

enjoy

jeddah

darthvyn
09-03-2003, 11:31 AM
uhhhhh.... i don't think i ever want to see that commercial again, much less drink metz shnapps and get the "judders" :confused:

plasticfetish
09-03-2003, 12:28 PM
(yes, I'd guessed it was a costume. I'd hoped.)

Here's a link to the Judderman advert
Ah, ah, ah ... thank you, very cool. I was looking for something like that.
Yes, that's a clever commercial. I like the creepy penny arcade look. No we'd never see anything like that in this country ... puppets don't sell things here, they run for office.

Hmm ... checking the morning news and Carrot Top is on delivering his own special brand of prop comedy. Weird coincidence.
I sort of assumed his bones had been restructured just a little. (eh.)

... much less drink metz shnapps and get the "judders"
Judders ... "DTs" ... what's the diff?

jeddah
09-04-2003, 09:29 AM
Judders ... "DTs" ... what's the diff?

:D :D true. I thought that when they came out. OOh kids, drink Metz and feel cool when you feel hellish :D

Like a true geek, I have all the adverts on CD-Rom. As the weeks went by, I caught them now and again when I was videoing things on Channel 4. I gave them to a filmmaker friend who transferred them onto CD for me. I would love a soundtrack of the music to sample in one of my songs. I'm glad you liked the ad. I think it was inspired by Dr Caligaris Cabinet or the petrifyingly terrid childrens story book my parents used to read me as kid; Struwwelpeter

If you like this kind of dark coolness, try Edward Gorey's deliciously darkGashlycrumb Tinies (http://www.wishville.co.uk/gorey/)

Go on then, one more. The Crow (jo) looks better on this one :)

jeddah

stillakid
09-04-2003, 09:41 AM
If you like this kind of dark coolness, try Edward Gorey's deliciously darkGashlycrumb Tinies (http://www.wishville.co.uk/gorey/)

I'm disturbingly titillated. Does that make me a bad person? :eek:

I like that it had that Pooh Bear feel to it, yet with the cold harsh reality of twisted fate. I can almost here Eeyore now. :cry:

plasticfetish
09-04-2003, 11:34 AM
Yes, you are a bad person.
Bad person, bad person.

"X is for Xerxes devoured by mice."
I hate it when that happens.

Yep, I've seen those before.
I like Edward Gorey a lot ... I'm a fan of Charles Addams also.

RooJay
09-08-2003, 09:13 PM
Here's one of me and Gollum - (EDIT - fixed the problem with my upload) I SWEAR this is not what it looks like! :eek:

RooJay
09-08-2003, 09:39 PM
Here's one of me and Misty (my lady) with the real Gollum this time -

RooJay
09-08-2003, 09:45 PM
Here's another of me with my heroes (Wonder Woman, Batman, and I guess that'd be 'Superman" on the end there! ;) ) -

RooJay
09-08-2003, 09:51 PM
(Last one, I swear!)

Here's a pretty good one of me, and a halfway decent one of Misty (pun unfortunately intended. It's hard to center 'em when you take 'em yourself!) -

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-08-2003, 11:08 PM
Jeddah- NICE pics!! Your friend, Jo, looks SO MUCH like hte Crow, it's errie! as soon as i saw that pic, I just began singing, "Burn" by the Cure and other random songs off "The Crow" soundtrack. :D

Roo- your pics are awesome!!! Did Serkis ever kick into the gollum voice? Granted, he's prolly tired of doing it, but even if he just kicked into it for a sec, i'd giggle w/ nerd glee. You are quite lucky to have such a great lady to accompany you on getting pics of Gollum and w/ Mr. Serkis. Gives the rest of we male geeks hope that we too can find lovely ladies who accept us for the geeks we are. :D

RooJay
09-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Roo- your pics are awesome!!! Did Serkis ever kick into the gollum voice? Granted, he's prolly tired of doing it, but even if he just kicked into it for a sec, i'd giggle w/ nerd glee. You are quite lucky to have such a great lady to accompany you on getting pics of Gollum and w/ Mr. Serkis. Gives the rest of we male geeks hope that we too can find lovely ladies who accept us for the geeks we are. :D

I'm sure he did it several times that day, but I was never around when he did and would never conceive of asking him to.

You have NO idea how lucky I am - she actually begged me to take her to the San Diego Comic Con! :sur: :D

An interesting aside - I found out later that if I had come upon Mr. Serkis just ten minutes sooner, I might've also gotten to meet Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, and Dominic Monaghan! Of course, the place would've still been swarming with fans by that time, and I might never have gotten a chance to get so up close and personal with the wonderful Mr. Serkis.

LTBasker
09-11-2003, 12:27 AM
Hmm... I guess it's about time I updated my pics. Here's a couple. The first is from about a month ago, needed a shave and a haircut. The second one is post shave and a haircut.

Just my two bits. :p

mabudonicus
09-14-2003, 10:41 AM
Nice resculpt, Basker!!! (note to self, no making fun of LT anymore:D)
it's weird to see some of the younger faces transforming... not like us old guys, pictures of me have looked the same for YEARS... I just thought, mebbe I'll put up an OLD pic of me, in a new thread... mebbe "before and after" style

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-05-2003, 09:58 AM
I am not sure if I ever have posted a picture of myself with my twin brother Martin.

Here's a picture from a wedding rehearsal dinner the other night. Our sister Susan is sandwiched between us. For those Sir Steve's Fantasy Hockey Players, my bro is the fellow who runs Moe's Tavern, league champion last year.

And yes, my sister was sloshed that night.

mabudonicus
10-05-2003, 10:22 AM
hey man, which one's you??? I could guess you'd be to yer sister's left..... is that right???
open bars can be a dangerous concept

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-05-2003, 03:50 PM
hey man, which one's you??? I could guess you'd be to yer sister's left..... is that right???
open bars can be a dangerous concept

Thanks mabudon, forgot to say. You are right . . . or is it left? I am to my sister's left, sans the tie. I am the elder twin btw, seven minutes, and the sexier and smarter one . . . as if you guys couldn't tell already. :p

Anyway, my older brother got married over the weekend. I was a groomsmen. I might post a pic or two of that happy occasion.

billfremore
10-06-2003, 01:43 PM
I don't think I've ever actually posted a pic of myself here...

So then, cheers!

Jargo
10-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Y'know when your partner just doesn't listen and keeps on yacking on and on about those stupid trivial things and it all gets too much? Well that happened....

So that's what Bilfremore looks like. Aha... it all fits now.

2-1B
10-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Jargo, it's too bad you weren't wearing your Weequay mask when that picture was taken or else you might have been spared. :p

Dr Zoltar
10-19-2003, 10:26 PM
I don't think I've ever actually posted a pic of myself here...

So then, cheers!
Whoa! You bear a striking resemblance to one of the doctors on 'Scrubs'.

mabudonicus
10-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Jargo, steady......... is THAT what happens when you're typing the "rant" posts???
You could save time and energy with some new "eye-beam recognition software" from IBM... it converts the furious energy of most deadly eye-lasers into readable text, and.......
Okay, fine. SOMEONE will buy it.
At least that pic explains the whole "orange" business ;)
And billfremore... I've said you sound like barry white... that pic just makes everything a bit more confusing....

2-1B
10-20-2003, 11:53 AM
My bad, I thought Jargo was getting shot in the face . . . not shooting energy from his eyes. :crazed:

JetsAndHeels
10-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Looks like Jargo has the Superman heat vision thing going on there. Cool pic.

billfremore
10-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Whoa! You bear a striking resemblance to one of the doctors on 'Scrubs'.

Which one? I don't seem to recall anybody there who looked like me.
Especially with a beer shaped growth on their hand like me, it's a very distinctive deformity. :D

And billfremore... I've said you sound like barry white... that pic just makes everything a bit more confusing....

Indeed :crazed:
Especially the part about me sounding like Barry White.

Dr Zoltar
10-20-2003, 04:08 PM
In that particular photo, you look like a grinning John McGinley (Dr. Perry Cox) -- except he has longer and curlier hair.

SirSteve
10-20-2003, 04:16 PM
Just a reminder... there is a photo upload option in your User CP.

scruffziller
11-01-2003, 01:22 PM
I've attached a painting a friend did for me for my birthday a few years back. He did this off of memory after seeing a picture of Cthulhu only once.
Makes you wonder if GL got his idea for squidhead from Cthulhu.

bobafrett
11-02-2003, 10:31 PM
Heres a picture of me from Da Bears game that I went to on November 2nd. You can see the "new" Soldiers Field in the background.

BTW, the Bears Won that game! :D

JediTricks
11-03-2003, 10:22 PM
Heres a picture of me from Da Bears game that I went to on November 2nd. Wow, look at all the people; which one's you? :D

bobafrett
11-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Wow, look at all the people; which one's you? :D

I'm the one facing the camera! :happy: :p

Exhaust Port
11-04-2003, 08:59 PM
Hey, it looks like you photoshopped yourself in there! ;)

bobafrett
11-04-2003, 09:14 PM
Hey, it looks like you photoshopped yourself in there! ;)

No, I was at the game! For those of you who haven't been to the old, and now new Soldier Field, it's incredible. The New stadium has a whole different look and feel on the inside. When you walk outside and see the old pillars, the the new metal and glass structure coming out and over, it looks rather strange. Even with all the space they added, hey have 5,000 or so less seats.

Some of both inside and outside can be seen at:

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=bobafrett&album_id=160927

JetsAndHeels
11-05-2003, 09:51 AM
Cool pics Bobafrett. Didn't the Bears end up winning that game?

bobafrett
11-05-2003, 03:10 PM
Cool pics Bobafrett. Didn't the Bears end up winning that game?

Sure did, 20 -7 was the final score. The Chargers brought in Doug Flutie and he got the team down the feild for the only score by San Diego.

Thanks!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-07-2003, 03:35 PM
Here is a recent pic of myself as Peter Griffin (The Family Guy) for Halloween at OU this year. Enjoy! :D

James Boba Fettfield
11-07-2003, 03:39 PM
It works, you are Pea.....tear.......Griffin!

Good costume and I love the chin effect.

bobafrett
11-08-2003, 01:01 AM
You need to stuff a few pillows in your gut area, otherwise it's a pretty darn good job!

Lord Malakite
11-08-2003, 03:03 PM
You'd also make an excellent Pat from SNL Guyute. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-08-2003, 06:15 PM
LM- oddly enough my friend, you are not the first person to say that. :D

Kidhuman
11-08-2003, 06:22 PM
You'd also make an excellent Pat from SNL Guyute. :D

LMAO....first thing I thought of when I saw the picture.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-08-2003, 07:29 PM
Here is another pic (shows off the fake belly a bit more) yes, its' fake! i havea towel stuffed in my shirt! :D

Anakin2121
12-01-2003, 04:36 PM
I think it's time I contributed here.

I've posted this one in the "girl help!" thread. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7094

And here's a new one. I'm on the right-- the only level-headed one. ;)

Anakin2121
12-07-2003, 12:24 PM
And another! This is from this past Friday, the 5th.

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Cool photos Sir, which Army unit are you in if that's not giving away too much.

I've only heard of the Navy Seals and the Rangers. LOL :D

QLD
12-13-2003, 11:02 AM
I am pretty positive that they are in ROTC, they look a little young for full fledged military.

Anakin2121
12-13-2003, 11:06 AM
I am pretty positive that they are in ROTC, they look a little young for full fledged military.

Yep. College ROTC. We're in Ranger company, though, and our training is identical, and I mean identical to what Army Rangers go through.

scruffziller
12-13-2003, 12:52 PM
Here is another pic (shows off the fake belly a bit more) yes, its' fake! i havea towel stuffed in my shirt! :D
Hey where did you get that TRAINSPOTTING poster!!!!:p

Hellboy
12-17-2003, 08:58 PM
Whoa..... Anakin 2121 Banned. :sur:

Was it really Deadeye again? Maybe the pictures weren't such a good idea. :stupid:

scruffziller
12-19-2003, 09:53 AM
Whoa..... Anakin 2121 Banned. :sur:

Was it really Deadeye again? Maybe the pictures weren't such a good idea. :stupid:Yea I think it was, I think I recognized him from another pic in this thread.

I posted a comparison below, you be the judge!!!:D :p
The small pic is more difficult to see but I think it is enough.

JON9000
12-19-2003, 11:30 AM
Deadeye managed to hide himself for quite some time... not like when he was posting under the thinly veiled alias of Deadeye Knight, or Berretta whatever.

bobafrett
12-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Wow, R.I.P. the founder of this thread, ol' Deadeye. I knew you not, for I came to this thread after your time. This is one of my favorite threads though!

Hellboy
12-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Well now that Anakin2121 (a.k.a. Deadeye) has been exposed again was it ever determined if he created the username Jedi Leanne as well? I remember thinking her (his ?) comments seemed a bit suspect at the time.

jjreason
12-19-2003, 05:54 PM
Okay, that's my cheesy title to go along with the cheese I had to put up near the end of Return of the King (yes, it's great - but there's no denying the cheesiness) :D

Here are my spawn on the lap of an old man. With any luck there'll be no memories that need repressing......

kool-aid killer
12-19-2003, 06:42 PM
You have nice looking children, JJ. I cant help but laugh at the "memories that need repressing" line because just yesterday my brother went to talk to Santa (again) and my mother had jokingly told him to tell Santa how he had been a bad boy minutes ago. Well my brother goes up and he must have told him that he was scared he wouldnt come to our house due to his recent behavior and he started to tear up. Next thing we know Santa is trying to cheer him back up and his aides are looking very sad too. It was funny (at least i thought so, one aide wasnt too pleased) seeing it all unfold.

JON9000
12-19-2003, 07:14 PM
Well now that Anakin2121 (a.k.a. Deadeye) has been exposed again was it ever determined if he created the username Jedi Leanne as well? I remember thinking her (his ?) comments seemed a bit suspect at the time.

Jedi Leanne was Deadeye, no doubt in my mind. JediBrian was Deadeye as well. JediBrian yelling at Amy, saying she wasn't a girl, then posing as Jedi Leann to fool everybody. I especially enjoyed Deadeye's replying directly to himself as Anakin2121. :rolleyes:

scruffziller
12-20-2003, 08:52 AM
Jedi Leanne was Deadeye, no doubt in my mind. JediBrian was Deadeye as well. JediBrian yelling at Amy, saying she wasn't a girl, then posing as Jedi Leann to fool everybody. I especially enjoyed Deadeye's replying directly to himself as Anakin2121. :rolleyes:
Evidently JediBrian is still registered. In the IGNORANCE IS BLISS thread JediBrian said he was banned once before, so it has to be him.:p

JON9000
12-20-2003, 10:56 AM
Evidently JediBrian is still registered. In the IGNORANCE IS BLISS thread JediBrian said he was banned once before, so it has to be him.:p
JediLeann is still registered as well...

scruffziller
12-22-2003, 01:04 PM
JediLeann is still registered as well...
We ought to e-mail her/him and say What's up DeadEye.

2-1B
12-24-2003, 02:40 AM
Deadeye managed to hide himself for quite some time... not like when he was posting under the thinly veiled alias of Deadeye Knight, or Berretta whatever.

He registered the anakin name almost a year ago but some of us have known for many, many, months.

It took some of you long enough to figure it out. lol

When he bumped up this thread again, I couldn't believe that he wasn't called out earlier, but it was pretty funny to watch ! :classic:

stillakid
12-24-2003, 09:18 AM
He registered the anakin name almost a year ago but some of us have known for many, many, months.

It took some of you long enough to figure it out. lol

When he bumped up this thread again, I couldn't believe that he wasn't called out earlier, but it was pretty funny to watch ! :classic:

Who is this Deadeye guy and what's the story behind him? :confused:

Kidhuman
12-24-2003, 03:44 PM
Dead eye finally got caught.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Who is this Deadeye guy and what's the story behind him? :confused:

Deadeye was a poster back in the day, before my time at least. Rumor has it he posted a link to a uh, very naughty site and was thus banned. He's come back over the years posting under different names and aliases and whatnot. Seems he gets his jollies over posting wacky stuff and he even replies to himself. Man, i thought i was lonely and a dork. :D

bobafrett
12-29-2003, 01:40 PM
Now back to this topic. A most recent picture of me, with one of my eBay purchases.

r2dee2
12-29-2003, 01:50 PM
Now back to this topic. A most recent picture of me, with one of my eBay purchases.

Nice pic Bobafrett and LOVE the tie :cool:

Tycho
12-29-2003, 02:51 PM
Nice - and nothing against the tie, but I thought he'd be holding a TIE Fighter for some reason, LOL.

It just took me by surprise.... :crazed:

r2dee2
12-29-2003, 02:59 PM
I posted this before, early on in this thread, but the picture was hosted by my previous webpage, so just for posterity, here it is again :D . It's a favorite of my Star Wars KITTY (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/Aut_4754mavenwithwicket_7F.jpg)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-29-2003, 07:39 PM
About Deadeye:

I saw his AIM address in his profile so I talked to him. He said he was never Lambchops, Jerk Jerk Stinks, or Hardcore Gamer, only Deadeye, Anakin2121, Leatherneck and something else (don't remember). I don't know whether to believe him or not.

Tycho
12-29-2003, 07:46 PM
I posted this before, early on in this thread, but the picture was hosted by my previous webpage, so just for posterity, here it is again :D . It's a favorite of my Star Wars KITTY (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/Aut_4754mavenwithwicket_7F.jpg)

Awwww. I love kitty pictures. I have 2 myself. They sort of avoid my Star Wars collection, plus I don't have any plush stuff (minus my SW Buddies, which I have put away for the time being).

But mixing the Hailfire Droid and cats together is a lot of fun - for me anyway. Like I said, they avoid my Star Wars toys. I think the new Slave One contributed to the enforcement of that.

bobafrett
12-30-2003, 09:37 AM

Awww, the kitty is cute! Took me a little while to find it amongst the Star Wars Ewoks. I have two cats myself, both of them I got from friends of mine who moved into places that don't allow pets. I'll post a picture when I find one.

I just looked at the picture of myself, and noticed a glassy eyed look. This was due to my Neices waking up earlier than I expected Christmas morning, and I was sleeping on the floor right by the Christmas tree (since my son got the couch that night). Good thing Santa got there before I went to bed, while I was downstairs watching American Chopper (I think that's what it's called).

I'll also have to see if I have a picture of me holding a TIE fighter, if not I have plenty of TIEs to choose from! lol

scruffziller
12-30-2003, 01:21 PM
Ultra cool TIE BF!!!!!!:D

bobafrett
12-30-2003, 01:30 PM
Ultra cool TIE BF!!!!!!:D

Thanks, it came from the Land down under! One of my favorite ties :D to this day!

mabudonicus
01-29-2004, 01:13 PM
I put a new pic up in my profile... it's me rocking out last winter... got my "urban" look going, andin tasteful black and white ;)
(it looks like I'm really straining, I think the guitar was sort of out of tune:))

JediTricks
01-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Nothing personal Mabs, but that is pretty much exactly how I didn't picture ya. ;)

mabudonicus
01-29-2004, 10:01 PM
Cool :D
I figured I'd put up a pic that didn't feature my long hair [I]OR[/] me making a "sign of the horns" \m/

Keep 'em off guard, y'know???

Next time I'll put up a funny one, maybe me in my Lanny costume ;)

Kidhuman
01-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Nice pic Mabs. Look just like the punk you are.:D :D :D :p

Kidhuman
02-11-2004, 10:28 AM
A little tatste of a SW christmas......

bobafrett
02-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Is that one of your kids Kidhuman? Very cool, a dad who buys Star Wars for his kids. Now I'm off to find the figures I bought for my son, who never plays with them, they are mine now I tell you, all mine!

mabudonicus
02-11-2004, 10:39 AM
The expression says "You wanna open this one, right Dad??" ;)

Kidhuman
02-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Well, its my step-son Bobafrett. And take those unclaimed toys and play with them!!

And no Mabs......Iam a MOC collector. It was more of the "can I open it or do I have to collect them like you" look.

Jargo
02-11-2004, 08:26 PM
Most current pic of yours truly. this is me messing around with muppets figures and sculpey which aren't in shot. I just liked how I messed with the saturation and contrast. Though if you have your screen brightness up high this'll look poopy bad.lol

mabudonicus
02-12-2004, 08:17 AM
KH- ROFL,I knew there was something about that look :)...

Nice pic Jargo, the 3/4 view is good and natural, lookin sharp bro :D (PS I like the "indie" effect)!!!

stillakid
02-29-2004, 02:57 PM
I don't know who this is, but at the very least, he must be a Trekkie... ;)

http://content.collegehumor.com/news/dancing.gif

Hellboy
02-29-2004, 06:27 PM
OMG that was hilarious lol

I haven't laughed that hard since I saw the video of that SW kid going crazy with Maul's saber.

dr_evazan22
04-03-2004, 12:32 PM
I recently got a new digital cam for my B-day, so here I am in all my :beard:ed glory :stupid: .

The friend who took the shot took forever to take it, so I was fairly annoyed. Well, annoyed isn't the right word, but I had grown impatient waiting for her to snap the pic, as I'm not too fond of just standing there waiting for a pic to be taken.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-08-2004, 08:06 PM
I recently got a new digital cam for my B-day, so here I am in all my :beard:ed glory :stupid: .

The friend who took the shot took forever to take it, so I was fairly annoyed. Well, annoyed isn't the right word, but I had grown impatient waiting for her to snap the pic, as I'm not too fond of just standing there waiting for a pic to be taken.

I know that feeling! :ermm:

Great pic and it's nice to put names to faces on these boards! :D

darthvyn
04-08-2004, 08:55 PM
I don't know who this is, but at the very least, he must be a Trekkie... ;)

http://content.collegehumor.com/news/dancing.gif

OMG... i just threw up in my mouth a little...

Kidhuman
10-08-2004, 10:47 PM
ANy newcomers wanna post a pic?

Rocketboy
10-08-2004, 11:33 PM
One is myself (in the Velvet Revolver hat) and the occasionally active CaptainSolo1138.
The other is CaptianSolo's brother, also know 'round here as Slicker.

Darth Mina
10-08-2004, 11:50 PM
This is me :kiss:

bobafrett
10-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Well being as my computer is still down, and I'm having to use the public libraries computer, I am unable to post any more pictures..........for the moment (bwa ha ha ha ha)

I love pictures!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-13-2004, 09:30 PM
There are some new pics of me up on my yahoo thing, but those aren't pics i'm proud of. lol I"ll post some more after Halloween here at OU, which is bound to be nuts as usual. :crazed:

LusiferSam
10-22-2004, 12:41 AM
Due to a number reasons (too many to list) I thought I'd same this picture of me. Its my right eye. I might post the left later, but the right is a start. As I can't start out on the right foot I can a least out on my right eye.

dr_evazan22
10-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Why couldn't you have started out on the right foot? Regardless, it's a good start. Keep'em coming!

Slicker
10-24-2004, 03:39 PM
Thank you for posting a picture of me Rocketboy. And I'm single for all you fine ladies out there in the Virginia Beach area.

Who am I kidding. If your a single lady in the Virginia Beach area you will not be on this site.:cry:

CaptainSolo1138
10-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Thanks Rocketboy for posting the pic! But next time find one in which I'm drinking REAL beer :D And to Slicker, my dear seamen, I'm finally posting. Get off my back :p

Kidhuman
01-15-2005, 12:54 AM
There are some new pics of me up on my yahoo thing, but those aren't pics i'm proud of. lol I"ll post some more after Halloween here at OU, which is bound to be nuts as usual. :crazed:

Still waiting Mr. Halloween man

JEDIpartner
01-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Morgan and Samantha with their favourite uncle... :)

Kidhuman
01-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Adorable kids JP.

JEDIpartner
01-17-2005, 10:53 AM
They are the BEST! My sister-in-law is able to stay home with the kids and they are growing up so nicely. They are well mannered and take direction quite well. The middle child, Jake (not pictured) is a little Star Wars freak in his own right. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Still waiting Mr. Halloween man

Yeah, most of those pics aren't really suitable for the youngligns, Mr. KH. drop me an IM and i'll give you a link to the pics though. lol

Here are some pics of from over Winter Break. The one with the snowman is from the huge snowstorm when we got over two feet of snow. We had a huge mound at the end of the driveway and i got some spraypaint and made the snowman. Dad added a hat and woola!

The other two are the before and after shots of my haircut. I hadn't gotten it cut since about May and finally bucked and got it cut in December. I was also sporting the :beard: I think i'll make KH and Chux proud with my mighty beard. Enjoy! :D

jjreason
01-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Nice, JMG. Here's (a very low quality rendering - sorry) me during the reclaiming of the family room closet by my wife. In this picture I've just purchased about 20 new rubbermaid bins and am in the long and arduous process of trying to figure out exactly which gun goes with which figure. About 30 hrs later, the job was finished. Almost.

Note to Mabudon - check the hair, Bro! I'll be in your league by this time next year!!! :cool:

Sith Lord 0498
01-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Here's one of the most recent pics I have of myself. Clearly, it's from my wedding this past summer, and that's my wife Michele. Cutie, isn't she? Plus, she was exposed to the "big secret" (re: all Star Wars room) on our second date and never held it against me once...well except when I complain we don't have much money saved and then come home with a bag full of figures!! :D

I threw in a pic of our wedding cake too. How 'bout those two for bride and groom toppers?? :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Nice pics, Sithlord! It's always a rare treat when you meet somebody (especially a lady) who won't nag and kill ya over toys.

The top of that cake is STELLAR. Awesome! :D

Kidhuman
01-17-2005, 10:25 PM
JMG...proud of ya sporting the rugged look. :beard:

JJ....That gun was with the wrong figure. Get some zzzz's my friend

Sith Lord...great pics. Loved the cake topper.

jjreason
01-17-2005, 11:06 PM
JJ....That gun was with the wrong figure. Get some zzzz's my friend...

You know, I didn't do too bad! After all was said and done (including vehicles, playsets, you name it) here was the final score:

MISSING IN ACTION:

- one Saga Snowtrooper Imperial blaster (but I have an extra thin handled one, so it's here somewhere)

- one set of electric blast effects from a Saga Battle Droid that must have come in a trade

- one Commtech Chip for a Battle Droid and one Commtech Chip from a Destroyer Droid (but I have an extra Battle Damaged Destroyer Chip and an extra Chip from Darth Maul - again, these must have shown up as part of trades and weren't checked closely enough by yours truly)

- one of the small Jawa blaster pistols for my Jawa that came with the Reek beast (no explanation for that one, maybe I left it in the box??????)

Everything else was there, from capes to missiles to the really small little lamp that came with Flashback Yoda!!!

Sith Lord...great pics. Loved the cake topper.

No kidding, very sweet Sith Lord. To think my wife wouldn't marry me in a kilt and yours let Ani and Padme into the building! :cool:

Jargo
01-18-2005, 01:38 PM
not coming here much anymore. thought I'd say hello to those who know me and actually give a damn. here's me about two days ago. Put a few pounds on since my last pics. could do with getting more exercise. things is ticketyboo in Jargo land. hope all is well with you guys.last pic is a self portrait done very late at night with paint shop pro and under the influence shall we say...:classic:

sith_killer_99
01-18-2005, 06:26 PM
EJ, nice to see you're still alive. What you rack up 5,000+ posts and then just disappear? ;) I hope that dosen't happen to me. :( :p :D

BTW, LOVE that last pic it has a sort of "Clockwork Orange" look to it. :)

Rocketboy
01-18-2005, 07:11 PM
I threw in a pic of our wedding cake too. How 'bout those two for bride and groom toppers?? :pI was wondering how that would look.
I'm doing the same thing in May (but I may use a Han - he has a more dressed up look).

Did anyone notice what they were? What were their reactions to it?

Kidhuman
01-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Jargo, good to see you my old compadre. Like the pics, especially the one where you went supernova

Sith Lord 0498
01-18-2005, 08:31 PM
I was wondering how that would look.
I'm doing the same thing in May (but I may use a Han - he has a more dressed up look).

Did anyone notice what they were? What were their reactions to it?

No, not very many people noticed them. It's too long of a story to get into, but suffice to say that our wedding was far from what we had planned it to be (close family members on both sides really stabbed us in the back) and our general feeling was that we probably could've gone shopping during the reception and most people probably wouldn't have noticed that let alone our decorations. Oh well. At least "I do" went right :)

Anyways, getting back to your question... My close friends and parents weren't surprised at all. Actually, they were more surprised that Michele let me get away with that and using "Across the Stars" in our musical selections (not the bridal dance song though).

Truth be told, her imagination ran away more than mine. Just picture a military style wedding but instead of the couple walking under raised swords...LIGHTSABERS!!! Even I looked at her like she'd gone :crazed:

You might want to try the idea I had but didn't think of until it was too late. Shop around at stores that sell doll clothing or even the Barbie/Bratz dept. at TRU and see if you can find a suit or tuxedo that would fit a 3.75 inch figure. Give Anakin the proper attire yourself.

If your cake top is broad enough, you could use Rabe as a flowergirl, maid of honor, whatever. Squeeze Padme's flowers/broccoli into her hand. It all depends on what you're allowed to get away with.

And now I'm wishing I'd be able to do all this before... :(

Sith Lord 0498
01-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Since everyone seems to like the cake toppers, I thought I'd post a pic of Michele's 21st birthday cake. She used to be a big Scooby-Doo fan plus I was already moving far along with her seduction to the Dark Side (now she even thinks to herself in Yoda and Obi-Wan dialogue sometimes :p ). Well, put one and one together and...well, see for yourself...

BTW, for my fellow NEPA forumites, consider this a free advertisement for Wegman's cake department up here in Wilkes-Barre. I gave them the original drawing but they enlarged and colored this thing FREE-HAND!!!

Oh yeah, and here's a pic of me back in 1999 when I was a high school senior. Hmm...must've been after a week of finals...

Rocketboy
01-18-2005, 11:16 PM
At least "I do" went right :)And that's all that really matters.

Anyways, getting back to your question... My close friends and parents weren't surprised at all. Actually, they were more surprised that Michele let me get away with that and using "Across the Stars" in our musical selections (not the bridal dance song though).I wanted to use Across the Stars as the bridal dance, but there is that slow, quiet part that doesn't seem like it would work too well. On a related note - CaptainSolo1138 used the Imperial March as his bridal party introduction song. It was pretty sweet.

Truth be told, her imagination ran away more than mine. Just picture a military style wedding but instead of the couple walking under raised swords...LIGHTSABERS!!! Even I looked at her like she'd gone :crazed: I keep joking that I'm going to find an Artoo builder, hire him, and have Artoo as our ring bearer.

Sith Lord 0498
01-19-2005, 05:48 AM
I wanted to use Across the Stars as the bridal dance, but there is that slow, quiet part that doesn't seem like it would work too well. On a related note - CaptainSolo1138 used the Imperial March as his bridal party introduction song. It was pretty sweet.

Same reason we didn't use it. Too quiet in the middle and at times too dramatic.

That Artoo idea's pretty cool though! :)

mabudonicus
01-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Note to Mabudon - check the hair, Bro! I'll be in your league by this time next year!!!
Noted, man, looking good... must be a lot easier for you to blend in now.... BTW you'll look awesome once you get past the mullet phase

Jargo- Looking good Bro, glad to "see" you here, if only briefly :) ....

Man, now that this thread's back I guess a current picture should be posted, it's been awhile :beard:

dr_evazan22
01-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Sith Lord - Nice pics! Congrats on the nuptials!

Jargo - Nice to see you around.

CaptainSolo1138
01-20-2005, 11:14 AM
On a related note - CaptainSolo1138 used the Imperial March as his bridal party introduction song. It was pretty sweet.

I freakin' rule! Thanks, Rocketboy. Looking forward to your wedding. You must talk the other half (or whine, as I did) into having a Star Wars element at the wedding. It doesn't have to be obnoxious, just a tip of the cap.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-23-2005, 11:16 PM
alright, got three new pictures. I had to get a suit (the second I've ever owned) for my college senior pics this week and when/if i have any job interviews. so, alas, here are a few pictures. One of which is just me in the suit and the other two are me in the suit with my Life Aquatic red hat. If you don't get the red hat/understand it, see the flick today! enjoy.

bobafrett
01-25-2005, 08:09 PM
alright, got three new pictures. I had to get a suit (the second I've ever owned) for my college senior pics this week and when/if i have any job interviews. so, alas, here are a few pictures. One of which is just me in the suit and the other two are me in the suit with my Life Aquatic red hat. If you don't get the red hat/understand it, see the flick today! enjoy.

I MUST SEE THE FLICK.........JMG, you look kinda like Fred Durst with that red hat on......... :eek:

InsaneJediGirl
03-26-2005, 10:32 AM
This is a picture about...4-5 years ago.My hair is long in the pic,but for some reason really doesnt look like it. Took me long enough to finally upload one,stupid file size:D

http://www.boomspeed.com/tffadmin/Autumn2.jpg

bobafrett
03-26-2005, 11:07 PM
This is a picture about...4-5 years ago.My hair is long in the pic,but for some reason really doesnt look like it. Took me long enough to finally upload one,stupid file size:D

http://www.boomspeed.com/tffadmin/Autumn2.jpg

Cool, good to see another face on here! I'm going to attach a picture of me and my mom. My mother is battling cancer, and lost all her hair. I shaved my head, and we took some pictures together.

Kidhuman
03-27-2005, 01:11 AM
About time IJG.....

Frett I admire your family values. A big arsed :beard: to you.

mabudonicus
03-27-2005, 08:02 AM
Hey IJG, that is some mad photo-posting skills ya got there (I talked to her for about and hour and a half as she tried to get the pic up :D)
Looks like you were pretty eager to get the shot so you could put laughing boy down :beard:

And frett, MAN, you got a bit o' Vin Diesel going on, such a sweet gesture on your part with the added bonus of makin you look almost dangerous, good man!!!
double :beard: :beard: to you!!

bobafrett
03-27-2005, 08:53 AM
Thanks guys, I continue to keep my head shaved until something positive happens with my mom. I have a bad arse scar on my head from surgery, I tell everyone it was from surviving a beat down by a wookie!

JetsAndHeels
03-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Bobafrett, that is a great gesture you made for your mother. I know she really appreciates what you did. I wish nothing but the best for her during her illness. With you by her side, no doubt she will beat it.

Well here are a couple of new pics of me. It's been so long since I have posted any. These are from me in Chapel Hill. The first one is of me at Kenan Stadium, and the second one is of me with UNC quarterback Darian Durant.
Enjoy.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/s_mccracken/detail?.dir=5ce0&.dnm=7bd7.jpg

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/s_mccracken/detail?.dir=5ce0&.dnm=ff6b.jpg

vader121
03-28-2005, 07:55 AM
Here's me last year. It's a closeup shot but it's all I have right now.

file:///H:/My%20Stuff/Me2004.jpg

vader121
03-28-2005, 07:57 AM
I guess never mind. :(

JetsAndHeels
03-28-2005, 11:50 AM
I guess never mind. :(

Why don't you upload that pic to yahoo photos and then make a link.
That is how I have my photos arranged online.
I am sure there are other ways, but for me that is the easiest.

hestep99
03-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Just joined

www.geocities.com/hestep99 (http://www.geocities.com/hestep99)

DarthChuckMc
03-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Here's a few of me and the soon to be misses.

CaptainSolo1138
03-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Did she lose a bet, DCM? :D Congrats on the "soon to be" part. It can be a pain in the butt getting there, but the wedding day is well worth it.

InsaneJediGirl
03-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey IJG, that is some mad photo-posting skills ya got there (I talked to her for about and hour and a half as she tried to get the pic up :D)
Looks like you were pretty eager to get the shot so you could put laughing boy down :beard:

Hey Mabs,the funny thing is the minute you logged off it uploaded into the database.Must have not liked me chatting it up on AIM:D :crazed:

Cool to support your mom bobafrett,it was a great idea to shave off your hair too:)

bobafrett
03-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Here's a few of me and the soon to be misses.

Very nice young lady DarthChuckMc , I hope you two are happy for many years to come!

Hestep99, which one is you? I mean there is a picture af a guy and a gal, and since you are new, I know not which of the two you are. :cool:

Kidhuman
03-29-2005, 12:34 AM
DCM, very nice. Glad to hear you guys are getting married. Been a while brother man, we need to hook up on MSN soon. Angela said Darcy is very beautiful. Best of luck to both of you

hestep99
03-29-2005, 08:49 AM
I'm the dude
but my girl is also into star wars and collecting.

Thank goodness, I'll be needing her on 4/2.

bobafrett
03-29-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm the dude
but my girl is also into star wars and collecting.

Thank goodness, I'll be needing her on 4/2.

Always good to have a partner who is interested in the same thing as you. Makes it easier to display the "collectibles" in more than 1 room :D

Thanks for getting back to us with your answer!!

JON9000
04-01-2005, 09:58 AM
I cannot seem to get the manage attachments function to work. I get the old error message every time.

JediTricks
04-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Which error message?

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 04:15 PM
And here I thought JT was finally showing his mug 'round these parts

JON9000
04-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Just your run of the mill: the you are looking for cannot be displayed. The site may be experiencing technicla difficulties...

I get this when I hit the upload button. :(

JediTricks
04-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Email me a sample of the photo you're trying to upload and I'll see if it's a problem. My email addy is in the header's navbar on the off-chance you don't know it. (let's face it, it's my username at the site name, not too hard to remember after you've heard it once. ;))

Slicker
04-12-2005, 02:41 AM
I just took a new picture of yours truly. Enjoy:kiss:

Kidhuman
04-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Dont look so serious dude, ease up. :beard:

CaptainSolo1138
04-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Here's a pic of me on my wedding day (the smile indicates it was pre-ceremony :D ).

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Me and the girl. That place seemed familiar, it felt almost as if..............we were being watched:)

Kidhuman
04-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Dude thats hilarious. Wicket in the corner.

Slicker
04-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Dont look so serious dude, ease up. :beard:Note the time though. I was kinda tired but couldn't sleep and had to be up at 4:45. I'll get a better one up when I get a minute.

Rocketboy
04-12-2005, 10:11 PM
I just took a new picture of yours truly. Enjoy:kiss:
Here's a pic of me on my wedding day (the smile indicates it was pre-ceremony :D ).
Ah, jeez!
Who opened the Ark?

;)

CaptainSolo1138
04-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Ah, jeez!
Who opened the Ark?

;)
But notice who hasn't posted a pic yet......... :p

Rocketboy
04-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Alzhiemers, huh?

Go back a some pages, kiddo. I posted you, me, and Slick.
:D

Deoxyribonucleic
04-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Here's some updated pics of me and my girlfriend. She and some good friends who are also in the pictures made the site for me...great, wacky buddies! :crazed:

http://www.geocities.com/whatbeametaphor/classic_blue.html

stillakid
04-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Here's some updated pics of me and my girlfriend. She and some good friends who are also in the pictures made the site for me...great, wacky buddies! :crazed:

http://www.geocities.com/whatbeametaphor/classic_blue.html

What the...?! :(

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://

bobafrett
04-21-2005, 09:53 PM
I got through, if but only for a moment, but now the moments gone. I get the same messsage now.

mabudonicus
04-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Jiminy Cricket DNA, it is working but it seems like the pics are between 1 and 10 MB, I am typing this as it loads, been almost 10 minutes and nowhere near halfway done...

Oh, and I didn't get to say it yet, but WELCOME BACK :) !!!!

UPDATE- 3/4 of the pics loaded- I can see why you weren't super-eager to spend as much time online lately ;) and that's all I'm sayin about that :beard:

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Not working again.....

CaptainSolo1138
04-22-2005, 10:06 AM
I got it to load most of the way yesterday, butit quit about 3/4 of the way through and that unavailable message came up. Is this a frequent Geocities prob?

Deoxyribonucleic
04-22-2005, 12:08 PM
HOLY Mother rikafrakmuthafrookaricka..... yeah, I was wondering if it was going to be a problem...it took me about 5 minutes to download it completely but now since it's all in my cookies it downloads fine...I'll just take the pictures from it and post 'em here...sorry all ROFL! :crazed: ;)

stillakid
04-22-2005, 02:53 PM
HOLY Mother rikafrakmuthafrookaricka..... yeah, I was wondering if it was going to be a problem...it took me about 5 minutes to download it completely but now since it's all in my cookies it downloads fine...I'll just take the pictures from it and post 'em here...sorry all ROFL! :crazed: ;)

I finally got all the pix to load, but I don't know who anybody is...except that guy on the right. I think he owes me $20 bucks. :D

RooJay
04-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Here's one of me with C-3PO himself, Mr. Anthony Daniels at a recent private appearance at Pixar!

RooJay
04-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Here's another of me - with my good friend Mister Incredible at a recent trip to Disneyland.

RooJay
04-24-2005, 08:28 PM
One more - this time, me and the love of my life, Misty looking rather sharp at my grandparents' recent anniversary party. Please don't mention her tanlines...she knows! ;)

JediTricks
04-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Rooj, you can attach multiple images to 1 post, you know. Not that you have to here, but you could.

QLD
04-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Here are a few pictures of me at CIII:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rmartin999/album?.dir=/5eba