PDA

View Full Version : Post a picture of yourself!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

El Chuxter
03-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Did you try entering each word sepærately?

Jedi_Kal-El
03-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Ok, I got it to translate that time Chux. lol

CaptainSolo1138
03-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Andy Warhol :: Pop Art
Johannes Kepler :: Laws of Motion
Koyashi Onara :: 2girls,1cup

El Chuxter
03-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Awww, dude, don't go there. I was just being immature in naming her "dookiefart." (Okay, "dookie" doesn't translate very well, so I had to pick the more proper term for it.)

sergiurusu
03-18-2008, 01:35 AM
That's sweet sergiurusu! Was that the exterior of the Mos Eisley Cantina? A location in Mos Espa? Fill us in.

It's the Ep.1 Star Wars movie set (also briefly shown in AOTC) in the Tunisian desert, 20 km's from Tamerza oasis. It has been GREAT being there! :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
03-20-2008, 03:41 PM
It's the Ep.1 Star Wars movie set (also briefly shown in AOTC) in the Tunisian desert, 20 km's from Tamerza oasis. It has been GREAT being there! :thumbsup:Sounds like you were lucky!
From theforce.net (http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Going_To_Tunisia_Anytime_Soon_113311.asp):

Just a note for those Star Wars fans planning a trip to Tunisia.
I was personally scheduled to be there this weekend to make an appearance as C-3PO at the Mops Espa location (which would have been a really neat story), but decided to cancel due to the events of March 13.

In February 2008, Al Qaeda North Africa abducted 2 Austrian tourists from Matmata (location of the Skywalker sunken courtyard) and just last Thursday claimed responsibility. Their demand is for Tunisia to release all Al Qaeda prisoners or the tourists would be murdered. The same day, the US State dept. issued an "extreme caution" warning to American travelers to Tunisia. It is an awful situation for the 2 tourists and Kris Sanders (who was bringing R2) and I chose to stay home.
:shocked:

Jargo
03-20-2008, 09:19 PM
oh, like anyone is going to miss a couple of Austrians.

JediTricks
03-20-2008, 11:05 PM
That is utterly crazy Rocketboy!

Deoxyribonucleic
03-20-2008, 11:26 PM
One of these days...one_of_these_days!

sergiurusu
03-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Sounds like you were lucky!
From theforce.net (http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Going_To_Tunisia_Anytime_Soon_113311.asp):

:shocked:

Not at all, I'd go again tomorrow! The experience in unique, I'd trade any of my collectibles to be there again I didn't worry for a second. If you read all the articles about those tourists they say the tourists adventured at the Algerian border in the desert. They could have been killed by the own vehicles they were driving and no one to know.

bobafrett
04-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Okay, someone wanted to see a picture of me sportin a Tux, so here it is......

Me and my Fiance at my friend Bill's (not pictured) wedding.

bobafrett
04-06-2008, 09:46 PM
And here is one of me from last years Relay for Life cancer walk with a young lad who asked me to walk with him, just prior to the "Star Wars" themed lap.

We had a Darth Vader with the troops this year!

Tycho
04-06-2008, 10:09 PM
You look like George Clooney accepting an Academy Award in your tux, Frett.

That's not a bad thing, though. I'm not tying that in to Clooney being voted "sexiest man alive." I'll leave that to your woman to determine. ;)

I'm just trying to say it's a nice picture. It's actually two nice pictures.

bobafrett
04-06-2008, 11:13 PM
You look like George Clooney accepting an Academy Award in your tux, Frett.

That's not a bad thing, though. I'm not tying that in to Clooney being voted "sexiest man alive." I'll leave that to your woman to determine. ;)

I'm just trying to say it's a nice picture. It's actually two nice pictures.

Thank You!

El Chuxter
04-06-2008, 11:36 PM
George Clooney is the sexiest man alive.

All others are two or lower.

Slicker
04-06-2008, 11:52 PM
You do indeed look like a playa in that first pic Frett. Definitely good pics.

Here's one of me out to sea with the USS Nimitz behind me...

Deoxyribonucleic
04-06-2008, 11:57 PM
You do indeed look like a playa in that first pic Frett. Definitely good pics.

Here's one of me out to sea with the USS Nimitz behind me...

WOW, what's that in yer pocket sonny? woot woot woot :lipsrsealed:

Tycho
04-07-2008, 12:08 AM
San Diego is a major Navy-town, Slicker. We have a big thoroughfare street here named Nimitz Blvd. after Admiral Nimitz (WWII, Battle of Midway, bringing the fight to Japan in case anyone doesn't know their history).

Just think Slicker: you could wind up being stationed in San Diego some day. Then you could hang out with me and sniff Mouse Droids all the time! :crazed:

El Chuxter
04-07-2008, 01:05 AM
That looks like the packaging for your GIJoe figure.

"Aircraft Carrier-Based Anti-Cobra Laser-Guided Nuclear Torpedo Cannon
Code Name: Cruisemissle
with GIJoe Naval Gunner
Code Name: Slicker"

Slicker
04-07-2008, 02:23 AM
WOW, what's that in yer pocket sonny? woot woot woot :lipsrsealed:Wouldn't you like to know Sweet Pea?! :lipsrsealed:

It's actually another camera...

Just think Slicker: you could wind up being stationed in San Diego some day. Then you could hang out with me and sniff Mouse Droids all the time! :crazed:I actually have several friends that are going to San Diego to the base. I've thought about getting stationed out there but I really have no desire to go to the west coast for some reason.

mabudonicus
04-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Slicki, Elf asks what that thing is beside ya, I;m guessing it's a grappling-harpon type thingie or maybe a big-arse flare launcher.

Looking VERY top gun tho Bro.
\m/
:beard: Iso&Baws
code name "Tic Tac"

Tycho
04-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Slicker is hunting the Great White Whale.

However, just to clear up any misunderstanding, there is some misperception that Moby Dick and Slicker's Mom are one in the same incarnation. Not true.

Information that contradicts this though suggests that Slicker's Mom cannot swim.

Rocketboy
04-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Slicker's Mom can indeed swim. Its amazing how good you can swim with webbed feet.

Tycho
04-07-2008, 11:29 AM
RB, you're not one of those foot-fetish guys that causes you to know this, right? ;)

Rocketboy
04-07-2008, 11:33 AM
If anything I have the biggest anti-foot fetish out there. Feet are gross.
But when you get spammed with slickersmomhaswebbedfeet.com on a daily basis and she was featured on Ripley's Believe It Or Not! you learn a thing or two.

Slicker
04-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Slicki, Elf asks what that thing is beside ya, I;m guessing it's a grappling-harpon type thingie or maybe a big-arse flare launcher.
I'm pretty sure it's a recoil-less rifle for close in defense. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

mabudonicus
04-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Ahh top-u sec-koh-ret-oh undahstood Sliki-san ;)

Nuff Said :D

TeeEye7
04-07-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a recoil-less rifle for close in defense. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

Ya sure it's not one of those telescope thingies that you stick quarters in to see the view for a couple o' minutes, Slick?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-07-2008, 10:53 PM
My step-uncle (or whatever the hell he is) was stationed on the Nimitz for a while. Nice picture.

Slicker
04-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Ya sure it's not one of those telescope thingies that you stick quarters in to see the view for a couple o' minutes, Slick?Hmmm...that's a distinct possibility. I had never thought of that. I'll have to check it out next time I go by it. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
04-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm one of the three in my profile pic. I'll let you guys figure out which.

TeeEye7
04-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Although I'm sure you'd look pretty in pink, JJB, I don't think that's you in the middle.

I just wonder if you're faking us all out and you're really "that guy" (to the right) in the background! ;)

I have a feeling you're on the left of the photo.

JimJamBonds
04-09-2008, 08:15 PM
You are correct I AM pretty in pink! That however isn't me, that is my "boss" at the bar I work at. I'll give a hint I'm not the guy on the left. ;)

Kidhuman
04-09-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm one of the three in my profile pic. I'll let you guys figure out which.

The guy on the right. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
04-09-2008, 08:20 PM
The guy on the right. :thumbsup:

After consultation the judges will accept that however the correct answer is: The guy with the sticker on his jacket. :yes:

Kidhuman
04-09-2008, 08:27 PM
After consultation the judges will accept that however the correct answer is: The guy with the sticker on his jacket. :yes:

You are Roy Williams?

JimJamBonds
04-09-2008, 08:30 PM
You are Roy Williams?

Nope I'm JJB!
p.s. And yes that is Winnie the Pooh on my sticker!

Here is a blown up pic.
p.p.s. Thanks KH!

Kidhuman
04-09-2008, 08:41 PM
No prob JJ. I couldnt make out the sticker in the profile. I thought it was a name tag for an AA meeting

JimJamBonds
04-09-2008, 08:46 PM
No prob JJ. I couldnt make out the sticker in the profile. I thought it was a name tag for an AA meeting

That wouldn't have been a bad idea for last weekend. Everybody and when I say everybody I mean EVERYBODY that came down for that wedding works in one of several area bars. I wasn't joking when I said Chicago wasn't ready for us!!!

Dar' Argol
04-10-2008, 06:09 AM
Should have told me you were taking a picture, I would have gotten off the phone . . . . . . .

shhhhh . .. maybe they will believe that's me . . . .Muhahahahahaaha

bobafrett
04-10-2008, 08:36 AM
You look good for a guy who hangs out here in the land of Star Wars collectors.

Val Da Car
04-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Does one with the new padawan count?

Pictured edit for safe family viewing...yes he is a boy!!

TeeEye7
04-11-2008, 01:02 AM

Of course they count!! Congrats! :thumbsup:

I hope you, Mrs. Val Da Car, and Padawan Val Da Car are all doing well! :yes:

Tycho
04-11-2008, 03:23 AM
Congratulations Val Da Car!

He's a very cute baby. :thumbsup:

Dar' Argol
04-11-2008, 05:49 AM
Congrats Val Da Car! Perhaps our Padawan's will train together one day . . . he he he

bobafrett
04-11-2008, 06:19 AM

Pictured edit for safe family viewing...yes he is a boy!!

Awesome his first edited picture! Congratulations!

CaptainSolo1138
04-11-2008, 07:23 AM
Many congrats, VDC!

Would I be correct in assuming that's you bathing li'l VDC? If so, you bear a resemblance to Steven Page of the Barenaked Ladies (http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/d/d4/200px-StevenPageMassey.jpg).

Deoxyribonucleic
04-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Congratulations :)

DarthBrandon
04-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Congrats Val Da Car! Good luck with the sleepless nights.lol Been there done that, but it's all worth it in the end.

Val Da Car
04-12-2008, 02:28 AM
Many congrats, VDC!

Would I be correct in assuming that's you bathing li'l VDC? If so, you bear a resemblance to Steven Page of the Barenaked Ladies (http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/d/d4/200px-StevenPageMassey.jpg).

Yea, another sleepless night so far...and yes, that is me.

Back when I was thinner I looked like Christian Slater but moving up to Steve from BNL is an improvement!!:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
04-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Congradbulations!

Look forward to your first night of sleep sometime in 2009. Yeah, many have pointed that out already. I just wanted to make sure it was fully hammered in. I didn't believe it at first, either.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-12-2008, 02:39 AM
Congradbulations!

Look forward to your first night of sleep sometime in 2009. Yeah, many have pointed that out already. I just wanted to make sure it was fully hammered in. I didn't believe it at first, either.

I sense...frustration. ;)

plasticfetish
04-12-2008, 05:55 AM
And once they're old enough to go out on their own, you'll start having those sleepless nights all over again. ;)

Belated congrats Val Da Car!

CaptainSolo1138
04-12-2008, 11:35 AM
And the first night they DO sleep all the way through, you're in there every 45 minutes or so checking on them to make sure they're alright.

plasticfetish
04-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Oh god, that's true. For a long time I couldn't sleep if the kid wasn't making some kind of noise at night.

CaptainSolo1138
04-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Oh god, that's true. For a long time I couldn't sleep if the kid wasn't making some kind of noise at night.
And in the end you get even less sleep! I think it was Chux who, some time ago, posted about how he actually woke his daughter up because when he did the "eye-level" thing where you "make sure they're breathing" her couldn't see he moving. To anyone without kids that's probably the dumbest thing someone could do- waking up a kid once they're finally asleep- but I know I've done everything short of waking them up in an effort to "check on them"!

JimJamBonds
04-12-2008, 04:31 PM
And the first night they DO sleep all the way through, you're in there every 45 minutes or so checking on them to make sure they're alright.

That was nice of Mrs. Cappy to go in there and check on the little ones while you slept. :D

CaptainSolo1138
04-12-2008, 10:18 PM
That was nice of Mrs. Cappy to go in there and check on the little ones while you slept. :D
Bah. The thing about twins is that there can't be just one parent. Its not that I mind at all, but there's never a time when she says (or me for that matter), "No, you stay home/sleep in/don't worry about it. I've got it."

bobafrett
04-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Picture of me when I was all about 1 year and 5 months old!

bobafrett
04-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Series of pictures of me with a flower at about 2 years of age

bobafrett
04-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Picture of me my brother, my dad and my mom. Nice of my brother to get his hand in the way of my face.

Next is me and my best friend, my younger (and shorter) brother with beer bellies!

bobafrett
04-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Before and after I had brain surgery at age 8, the before picture I have hair, and my hospital friend who was in the same room with me.

bobafrett
04-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Me and my dad on a fishing trip and me and my brother in the bad fashions of the early 70's.

bobafrett
04-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Me and a frog and much later in life re creating the picture from my younger years.

bobafrett
04-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Me in my underwear, getting dressed (Deox's half naked picture much more attractive)

My brother and I in black and white

And my brother and I look out the window for Santa from my top bunk bed. I'm the one looking at the camera in amazement.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Me and a frog and much later in life re creating the picture from my younger years.
It's the evolution of the Jheri curl! :D

Tycho
04-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Haha. Great pictures BobaFrett. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

mtriv73
04-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Here's me and the youngling. It's amazing how fast lack of sleep can give you wrinkles.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-24-2008, 04:17 PM
I don't see any wrinkles, it's just the way the light is hitting you.

adorable youngling there, congratulations :)

dr_evazan22
04-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Went to a school reunion this past weekend.

I'm the guy.

bobafrett
04-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Dr. E and the ladies! Oh Ya!!!!!

Mad Slanted Powers
04-27-2008, 06:29 PM
The Evolution of Mad Slanted Powers!

These three pictures are age 4, age 5 and grade 1. We tried a different hair style for the age 5 picture. As you can see, I was missing some teeth in the first grade picture.

InsaneJediGirl
04-29-2008, 05:32 PM
The first picture is of me,age 4sih(?) at Christmas time, proving how mcuh of a geek at such a young age:thumbsup: The second is of me about to drown:p I had to one up DNA's baby picture.

bobafrett
04-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Woo Hoo, topless women! Um I mean girls..................averts eyes.

InsaneJediGirl
04-29-2008, 07:39 PM
You sick,sick little moo cow ;)

bobafrett
04-29-2008, 08:17 PM
A couple of pictures of me at Halloween last year. I'm a super Stormtrooper!

The first is me working on a 12" bike

The second is me standing in front of a fully armed and operational bike rack!

The third is me an my double chin, which I have hopefully managed to lose with my recent weight loss.

Tycho
04-29-2008, 09:49 PM
You have an Imperial Officer's hat as well?

Deoxyribonucleic
04-29-2008, 10:42 PM
The first picture is of me,age 4sih(?) at Christmas time, proving how mcuh of a geek at such a young age:thumbsup: The second is of me about to drown:p I had to one up DNA's baby picture.

And a good one up it is! :thumbsup: You are so cuuuuuuuuuute :) My cuz would be lovin' you with those ninja turtles pjs arlright! :yes:

Mad Slanted Powers
04-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Well, I was going to continue posting more pictures, but since I had already posted the 3rd grade picture in another thread, I couldn't get it to show up as a thumbnail like the other attachments. So, I just used iWeb to put all the pictures on one web page.

The Evolution of Mad Slanted Powers (http://web.mac.com/madslantedpowers/iWeb/Mad%20Slanted%20Powers/Evolution%20of%20MSP.html)

The grade 7-12 pictures are just scans of my student ID cards, so they aren't as good quality. Age 18 and Age 20 (sporting a beard from a summer in Alaska) are from my college meal cards. Age 21 through 29 are old driver's license photos. Age 36 photo was taken with the built-in camera on my iMac shortly after getting my new computer.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Damn you and your long eyelashes! Girls will kill for those things you know!

Mad Slanted Powers
04-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Damn you and your long eyelashes! Girls will kill for those things you know!
That sounds like what my sister used to say!

Sometimes they can be a nuisance when one hooks on another when I blink. There is this one on my left eye that sort of sticks down rather than curl up like the rest. It catches on other eyelashes or annoys me hanging down in my front of my eye.

Once when I was about 5, my brother and some neighbors were lifting weights in the basement. I tried to squeeze between whoever was lifting and the ping-pong table. The end of the barbell took out a few eyelashes I think. There was a little blood.

Dar' Argol
04-30-2008, 05:52 AM
A couple of pictures of me at Halloween last year. I'm a super Stormtrooper!

The first is me working on a 12" bike

The second is me standing in front of a fully armed and operational bike rack!

The third is me an my double chin, which I have hopefully managed to lose with my recent weight loss.

lol . .. I have that same shirt . . .and you have my old job!

bobafrett
04-30-2008, 05:57 AM
lol . .. I have that same shirt . . .and you have my old job!

You can have it back if you want it, the job that is. The monkeys who run my store can't seem to get the bikes I need ordered, so now my bike rack looks lame and empty. They keep promising me that they are going to hire another bike builder, so I don't get so stressed. Can't wait to see what the bike rack will look like when I get back after my wedding.

Tycho
04-30-2008, 06:19 AM
MSP, you're 12th grade picture looks like Clark from Smallville!

JediTricks
05-01-2008, 09:14 PM
The first picture is of me,age 4sih(?) at Christmas time, proving how mcuh of a geek at such a young age:thumbsup: The second is of me about to drown:p I had to one up DNA's baby picture.Both got an "awwww" out of me, but especially the TMNT one.

mabudonicus
05-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Here's a pic of me and our doggie Sashie on April 20th- she is normally impossible to photograph (SUPER alert and highly suspicious since she's kinda half wild animal)so this is a RARE picture but I wanted to post it to show off doggie

Sasha rocks :D

TeeEye7
05-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Sasha rocks :D

Indeed!

If you ever had intruder trouble in your house, it looks like she'd take care of it with some faver beans and a nice chianti on the side!

She's beautiful, mabs!

Does she have a taste for Lanny?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Here's a pic of me last weekend in our English offices before I received my Master's Degree. :thumbsup:

Tycho
05-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Congratulations, but meaning no disrespect (I had to wear a cap & gown for my college graduation, too) - don't those look like the dorkiest outfits?

I did my best to refuse to smile in my graduation pictures. I tried to look as solemn and serious as I could, but they caught me with a grin or two.

I wasn't going to walk through the grad ceremony at all - but it was important to my family. I'm glad I did it, looking back, as it wasn't too long after that my mother died. I know that she was very proud at my graduation and it was worth it to make her happy, even if I did look a bit silly in that get-up.

TeeEye7
05-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Here's a pic of me last weekend in our English offices before I received my Master's Degree. :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your accomplishment, JMG!

I'm envious. I never finished my studies for my Master's (I was working on that when I attended the University of Madrid). I'm sorry I never followed through even though time and, of course, money became an issue.

Is there a PhD in the future for you?

bobafrett
05-13-2008, 09:08 PM
The other day I was looking at the grayish ploom on top my head, and it looked even more gray than it has before. I said to myself "God I look old like George Lucas"

Tycho
05-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Haha. You DO look like George Lucas. That is not a bad thing though.

2-1B
05-13-2008, 10:43 PM
I disagree, I think he looks like Jorg Sacul.

Tycho
05-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Caesar, I would ask for a recent picture of you. I need to do something with it. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Caesar, I would ask for a recent picture of you. I need to do something with it. :D

:eek:
Say what?

El Chuxter
05-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Oh, there are so many inappropriate responses to that one. Tycho, you left yourself wide open with that post. lol

Tycho
05-18-2008, 12:30 AM
I know. I know. I was thinking of doing some work with Photoshop.

I still haven't taken the time to complete my masterpiece of JediMasterGuyute eating human babies.

Jargo
05-18-2008, 03:21 PM
i've stopped taking pictures of myself coz i'm going grey and my hair is receding and i look older than I want to look. from this point on I will rely only on ten year old photos. i will become a recluse like howard hughes and therefore remain young-ish in the eyes of the world. i will conveniently forget my real age and make up some random year of birth like 1976 because it was a nice summer that year. then in a few years I'll retcon again to 1980. by the time I die i'll be in negative years.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Congratulations, but meaning no disrespect (I had to wear a cap & gown for my college graduation, too) - don't those look like the dorkiest outfits?

I did my best to refuse to smile in my graduation pictures. I tried to look as solemn and serious as I could, but they caught me with a grin or two.

I wasn't going to walk through the grad ceremony at all - but it was important to my family. I'm glad I did it, looking back, as it wasn't too long after that my mother died. I know that she was very proud at my graduation and it was worth it to make her happy, even if I did look a bit silly in that get-up.

I still haven't taken the time to complete my masterpiece of JediMasterGuyute eating human babies.

Oh, no worries dude, we felt more or less like Hogwarts wizards than dorks in our outfits. There were constant Hogwarts jokes being tossed around before and after the ceremony.

Now, why would you NOT smile in your grad pictures? I was happy as hell I completed both of my degrees.

and they taste of chicken!

Congratulations on your accomplishment, JMG!

I'm envious. I never finished my studies for my Master's (I was working on that when I attended the University of Madrid). I'm sorry I never followed through even though time and, of course, money became an issue.

Is there a PhD in the future for you?

Many thanks!!

Money was somewhat of an issue with me. I've always had to take out loans at some point, but I landed an Assistantship, so I was teaching freshmen comp and taking classes, so they paid for my tuition. I just had to cover general fees, books, etc. Luckily, I was also paid every two weeks for teaching, so that helped.

And I think i'd like to go head to a PhD, but not right away. The Master's program was pretty grueling, especially last fall where I taught two courses, took three myself, and prepped for my MA exam, which was a test over 22 texts from Chaucer to Toni Morrison. It was hell. I'm looking for a teaching position right now, but a PhD is more than likely going to happen in a few years, mainly because I can get a lot more money and tenure if I have that damn "Dr." in front of my name. :whip:

TeeEye7
05-18-2008, 06:51 PM
TENURE

.....that golden word! Especially in the academic world as you know. It almost has the same meaning as "kevlar" ;)!

Tycho
05-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Now, why would you NOT smile in your grad pictures? I was happy as hell I completed both of my degrees.

I was glad to get my degrees I guess - or maybe relieved was the proper word. As I finished college, I was at the point where I did and still read an awful lot - about what I want to research and learn about. Then I form and write my own opinions about it, and don't really want to "report or regurgitate someone else's theory." However, I settled into a pattern of adding (without being instructed to do so) whether or not I agreed or disagreed with various authors of my college texts and even my professors and the points they were making. I earned very high grades in college, but maybe that was because I was such a pain in the neck, my teachers wanted to make sure I never had to repeat any of their classes. ;)

But I don't know if I would be smiling unless I took over my entire university and reformulated the curriculum and indoctrinated everyone else in my own standards - especially in my specialized disciplines.

I was really at a point where few people could teach ME anything, but I wanted to instruct everyone else, while I was constantly teaching myself even more. I swear I need to become dictator of my own little island or something.

BTW, I was a teaching assistant just once - for a political science course that I was asked to help out one of my favorite professors with. I hated grading papers - just hated it. And as much as I think I'd like some aspects of teaching - like getting to lecture a captive audience - I couldn't do it for a career. No way.

bobafrett
05-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Heres a picture of me when I was about 28 or 29, holding my son. We were up at the Porcupine mountains in the U.P. of Michigan.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-19-2008, 07:42 PM
I was glad to get my degrees I guess - or maybe relieved was the proper word. As I finished college, I was at the point where I did and still read an awful lot - about what I want to research and learn about. Then I form and write my own opinions about it, and don't really want to "report or regurgitate someone else's theory." However, I settled into a pattern of adding (without being instructed to do so) whether or not I agreed or disagreed with various authors of my college texts and even my professors and the points they were making. I earned very high grades in college, but maybe that was because I was such a pain in the neck, my teachers wanted to make sure I never had to repeat any of their classes. ;)

But I don't know if I would be smiling unless I took over my entire university and reformulated the curriculum and indoctrinated everyone else in my own standards - especially in my specialized disciplines.

I was really at a point where few people could teach ME anything, but I wanted to instruct everyone else, while I was constantly teaching myself even more. I swear I need to become dictator of my own little island or something.

BTW, I was a teaching assistant just once - for a political science course that I was asked to help out one of my favorite professors with. I hated grading papers - just hated it. And as much as I think I'd like some aspects of teaching - like getting to lecture a captive audience - I couldn't do it for a career. No way.

Ah, see, my teaching assistant experience is a bit different than most T.A. folks. I actually didn't assist any profs as I just taught classes on my own. I arrived at the university in August in 06, about 10 days before classes and the next week for five days, we were put through a crash course of teaching methods, policies, textbooks, etc, and that following week, we were tossed out to teach for ourselves. It was incredibly spooky and that first class was incredibly nerve wracking. But, within a few weeks/month or so, I fell into a groove. I taught comp I and comp II, with comp II being more advanced methods of writing. Essentially, we would just examine different texts and how the author constructed them, for what purpose, to what outcome, etc. It's difficult to physically change a student's writing style that they have used for X amount of years, but at I can at least give them new ways of expressing their ideas. My main focus was research and evidence. If you have a thought on something, you NEED fact to back it up, plain and simple.

We also watched some movies and did some reviews, just for a change of pace. My kids gave me pretty solid feedback and my advisor seemed to really love my teaching style. I just hope all that positive feedback equals a job somewhere. hehehehehe :thumbsup:

TE7 said: TENURE

.....that golden word! Especially in the academic world as you know. It almost has the same meaning as "kevlar" !

hahaha seriously, I've seen/heard of some profs who can literally get away with pretty much anything due to their tenure. I'm always like, "man, that's BS!" but then I remember how cool it will be when i'm older and am able to do anything I want in a class, if i have tenure. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
05-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Heres a picture of me when I was about 28 or 29, holding my son. We were up at the Porcupine mountains in the U.P. of Michigan.That pic makes you look 50 feet tall, you Paul Bunyan mofo.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-19-2008, 09:47 PM
When I was in grad school for math, we had a lead instructor for the course who gave us a syllabus to follow. She would write the test, or would have each of the TA's teaching the course to submit some possible test questions.

CaptainSolo1138
05-19-2008, 09:59 PM
My collecting days have long since passed, so I decided to give my figs to a couple people who will appreciate them more. A couple things of note: Hannah was absolutely hoarding the R2s and Hayden loves Lando. They kept that up all day.

And isn't amazing how quickly your living begins to resemble a daycare once you have kids?:D

Deoxyribonucleic
05-19-2008, 10:11 PM
That is the best picture ever! :love:

CaptainSolo1138
05-19-2008, 10:40 PM
That is the best picture ever! :love:
Thanks, 7ox. I know they have zero idea who they are, but I'm amazed at how much they enjoy playing with them (Did you know: Chewie drives a Fisher-Price fire truck. My kids are already on par with Timothy Zahn!)

Rocketboy
05-19-2008, 11:56 PM
(Did you know: Chewie drives a Fisher-Price fire truck. My kids are already on par with Timothy Zahn!)Don't diminish their achievements - they are well past any EU.

But don't they have any respect for continuity? Armored Vader was never all kissy-face with Queen Amidala!

bobafrett
05-20-2008, 05:24 PM
My collecting days have long since passed, so I decided to give my figs to a couple people who will appreciate them more. A couple things of note: Hannah was absolutely hoarding the R2s and Hayden loves Lando. They kept that up all day.

You could have just sent them along to me! ;)

And isn't amazing how quickly your living begins to resemble a daycare once you have kids?:D

Ah yes, I remember when my son was that young, seems like just yesterday. Now he's 17, and I wish I could get him to at least clean the dishes. Since I still have my toys, my house looks m,ore like a Toys R Us.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Great picture! Hayden the Lando aficionado is gonna be a serious pimp. :D

El Chuxter
05-20-2008, 07:47 PM
But don't they have any respect for continuity? Armored Vader was never all kissy-face with Queen Amidala!

Haven't you read A Sith Lord Grow in Brooklyn, that masterpiece by I P Frehley and Hugh Jass? Vader dug her up and keeps her preserved corpse in his bedroom for the next eighteen years.

(Don't worry. There's nothing beyond kissing her and making her breakfast. Vader's not a necro.)

2-1B
05-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Caps, I like how they won't touch the AOTC Padme, they just have her laying face down.

I gotta wonder why you bought that in the first place, though ???

Tycho
05-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Caps, I like how they won't touch the AOTC Padme, they just have her laying face down.

I gotta wonder why you bought that in the first place, though ???

Doesn't she come with a chain?

Who does not like chained women?!

CaptainSolo1138
05-20-2008, 10:02 PM
The main reason I bought it is because I found it at Kohl's a month before the street date.

Tycho nailed point number two. And I'd nail NatPo where she makes number two. ZING! ZAP! POW!

2-1B
05-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I'd nail NatPo where she makes number two. ZING! ZAP! POW!

In that order ?

Tycho
05-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Well you don't know where she's been!

Take a tip from Hayden. He did one thing right: he put on a helmet ;)

2-1B
05-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Cappy's son tapped NatPo ? Good on him. :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
05-21-2008, 07:15 AM
I always knew that kid was ahead of the development curve!

jedi master sal
05-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Have you seen what's tapping NatPo recently??? He looks like a homeless guy.

http://www.defamer.com.au/2008/04/natalie_portmans_new_boyfriend_loveable_hippie_or_ serial_killer-2.html

JEDIpartner
05-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Me and my best pal, Jess, yesterday afternoon...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Had this pic taken of me at work today. hehehehe They had the mask on display in the toy department, so I got this kooky idea for a sign and whala, here you go. :thumbsup:

InsaneJediGirl
06-19-2008, 09:55 PM
So this is the reason nothing is ever stocked at Wal-Mart?Wasting Sam Waltons dime by playing around with toys?! :p ;)

bigbarada
06-21-2008, 02:53 AM
Here I am in England a couple of weeks ago (olive-green shirt) at the O2 Arena in London. The guy on the left is Ricky, he's a Matt Hughes fan from Ireland and one of the regulars over on Matt's forum.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-21-2008, 10:50 PM
So this is the reason nothing is ever stocked at Wal-Mart?Wasting Sam Waltons dime by playing around with toys?! :p ;)

hahah hey now, I was on my lunch when I had this taken. The planning for it however, was TOTALLY done on the clock. hehehehe :thumbsup:

mabudonicus
07-13-2008, 09:35 AM
NOW we need an all new sculpt, SA rebel pilot ball joint neck, detachable hose for SURE

I couldn't BELIEVE my original underoos fits her so well, tho I do believe the underwear got used to polish silver in the early 80's IIRC

Oyes all new sculpt with bubes

CaptainSolo1138
07-13-2008, 11:57 AM
That's awesome.

The shirt is alright, too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Damn, that must be Snowspeeder pilot gear, since she looks cold.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Picture my buddy took of me while we were hunting in Dayton last thursday evening/friday morning. I was pretty giggly about finding some actual new damn product!

bobafrett
08-08-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm digging your choice of baseball hat!

CaptainSolo1138
08-08-2008, 08:38 AM
I'm digging your choice of baseball hat!So does Prince Fielder.*

*He thinks it looks like its blueberry flavored!

scruffziller
08-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Had this pic taken of me at work today. hehehehe They had the mask on display in the toy department, so I got this kooky idea for a sign and whala, here you go. :thumbsup:

Whoah it's the 3rd member of Daft Punk!!!

Here is a recent pic with me and the family. I'm on the right with the Harley shirt.

Tycho
08-11-2008, 03:55 AM
Everyone ELSE in your family looks happy...

scruffziller
08-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Everyone ELSE in your family looks happy...

I dare not smile, because I look ultra goofy. I had Bell's Palsy back in 2000 so I can't really make a decent smile.

Tycho
08-12-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm sorry. And no insult was intended. But it sounds like you knew that. I was the one who didn't know the rest.

scruffziller
08-12-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm sorry. And no insult was intended. But it sounds like you knew that. I was the one who didn't know the rest.

No offense taken. I do wish I felt like I could smile more regardless because it is the one thing that WILL improve a person's appearance by like 40% I thought I heard one time. I should try anyway in photos regardless of how goofy I look. I could get my own Sly Stallone style grin going on. I thought his smile was so cool looking like it got all the ladies. I always wondered how he did that. Then I found out that that quadrant of his face has been paralyzed from birth.

CaptainSolo1138
08-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Here's a couple from June. The first is Mrs. Solo and I with Charlie Brown and Schroeder at Cedar Point (she was absolutely frightened, hence the nervous laugh) and the second is me on Skyhawk (again, at Cedar Point) next to my brother-in-law and his girlfriend (Mrs. Solo opted for a chocolate Frozen Banana over the ride, that's why she's not there).

bobafrett
08-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Awww, Charlie Brown and Schroeder are all grown up!

CaptainSolo1138
08-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Awww, Charlie Brown and Schroeder are all grown up!My wife an I are little people, you insensitive bastard!:mad:

Kidding. But now that you mention it, it does strike me odd that these children loom over six feet tall.lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Dude, Schroeder's Jheri curl is intense!

bobafrett
08-12-2008, 03:01 PM
First one I'm "Barry" the bee, from the Bee Movie!

Second is my wife and I, and yes I am wearing a Hawaiian (sp?) shirt!

El Chuxter
08-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Cappy, has your wife always had a pathological fear of giant bald children with hydroencephalitis?

CaptainSolo1138
08-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Cappy, has your wife always had a pathological fear of giant bald children with hydroencephalitis?Should I be ashamed that I had to Google that, even though the answer is obvious?

She thought they were creepy looking, and she felt that Schroeder was standing "inappropriately close" as his wrist was placed firmly on her behind. I, on the other hand, thought it was hilarious that she was afraid of a college student in a mask who was only trying to cop a feel.

JimJamBonds
08-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Here is a picture of myself and three other fellows that was taken on Saturday while we were involved in a local night club's annual golf outing. I'm the guy in the black polo.

p.s. We won (just like last year)

bobafrett
08-25-2008, 05:51 AM
Are the two guys in the red shirts twins?

JimJamBonds
08-25-2008, 08:20 AM
No but its funny that you ask that. Those two fellow's came to the course each on their own and it was quickly realised that they both had the same shirt on.

mabudonicus
09-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Pretty much self explanatory, my mom brought like 40 damn pounds of the stuff over, only 5 individual fruits, this one was the most impressive (and no it was NOT in any of "those" pics, before you ask)

Still haven't fully finished eating this sucker

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Crap, man!!! Nice shirt, too. :D

scruffziller
09-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Here is a picture of myself and three other fellows that was taken on Saturday while we were involved in a local night club's annual golf outing. I'm the guy in the black polo.

p.s. We won (just like last year)

The big guy on the right side of the pic(your left), he looks like a party animal.:D

stillakid
09-14-2008, 01:16 AM
Not exactly a picture of myself, but a snapshot into what I'm achieving!

My book rankings as of tonight at 11pm on Amazon.com:

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #23,922 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/ref=pd_dp_ts_b_1))Popular in these categories: (What's this? (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_help?ie=UTF8&nodeId=525376))
#1 in Books (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_1_1) > Business & Investing (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/3/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_1_2) > Industries & Professions (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/2624/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_1_3) > Sports & Entertainment (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/16233461/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_1_4_last)

#3 in Books (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_2_1) > Business & Investing (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/3/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_2_2) > Industries & Professions (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/2624/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_2_3) > Performing Arts (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/271615011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_2_4_last)

#6 in Books (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_3_1) > Entertainment (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/86/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_3_2) > Movies (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/4484/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_3_3) > Industry (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/4496/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_3_4_last)

Tycho
09-14-2008, 02:25 AM
Hey Congratulations Stillakid! I'm very glad for your book's success!

I am still unpublished but I will be meeting with agents and editors at that writers' conference at the end of the month to help me get professional guidence and land the best publishing deal possible.

It still is accurate to describe the situation as "no one has actually read my work to critique it yet." And that is why I'm paying for the opportunity to force it upon the people. They've received my advanced submissions by now, and I look forward to their reviews - and potential offers - when I meet everyone at the conference.

CaptainSolo1138
09-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Not exactly a picture of myself, but a snapshot into what I'm achieving!Because I know nothing about the book industry, is this success showing in your wallet yet or are you still paying back fees and stuff?

Congrats by the way. I'd never be able to find the patience to write a book.

El Chuxter
09-14-2008, 02:44 PM
#1 in Books (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_1_1) > Business & Investing (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/3/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_1_2) > Industries & Professions (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/2624/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_1_3) > [B]Sports & Entertainment (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/16233461/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_1_4_last)

Sorry, m'man, but it looks like (since you posted that) you were beaten by The Other Hollywood: The Uncensored Oral History of the Porn Film Industry.

In internet sales, porn always wins. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Ha! You said oral! :D

Tycho
09-15-2008, 02:13 AM
That really eats it!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-15-2008, 08:30 AM
Not exactly a picture of myself, but a snapshot into what I'm achieving!

My book rankings as of tonight at 11pm on Amazon.com:

[/B]#6 in Books (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_3_1) > Entertainment (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/86/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_3_2) > Movies (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/4484/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_3_3) > Industry (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/4496/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_3_4_last)

#6 is currently "An Empire of Their Own: How the Jews Invented Hollywood"- Stilla, I never would have thought that you'd write this! :whip:

stillakid
09-15-2008, 06:42 PM
#6 is currently "An Empire of Their Own: How the Jews Invented Hollywood"- Stilla, I never would have thought that you'd write this! :whip:

Funny. :)

Only a Jew could write that without being kicked off the island no matter hwo true it might be. I don't think Catholic qualifies.

bobafrett
09-23-2008, 07:20 PM
A few pictures of myself. The first (providing this place puts them in the order I download them) is me cutting apart a stackbase for Wal-Mart, to be used for an endcap base that gets smashed.

Next is me driving in my car,

Third is me driving in my car, holding the new Metallica CD,

Fourth me driving in my car rocking to the new Metallica album, or why I try to never smile showing my teeth.

bobafrett
09-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Forgot the pictures:

Tycho
09-23-2008, 11:01 PM
BobaFrett looks like a cop - especially with those sunglasses. (With his hair shorter. With it longer, he looks like George Lucas.)

But with the wild expressions, he reminded me of the Highway Patrol movie Super-Troopers!

"Do you have any idea of how fast you were going?"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Over the past few weeks I grew a skeezy little French-looking beard. I've tried before but given up after a few days . . . I shaved a few minutes ago, and here's the before and after.

You can also see my Colbert poster, unmade bed, and roommate's side of the closet. :D

El Chuxter
09-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Dude, you realize someone is gonna use that "skeezy" pic of you as an avatar, right?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2008, 12:52 AM
I'll allow it. :D

plasticfetish
09-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Oh... really?

Lord Malakite
09-26-2008, 03:31 AM
That pic is so wrong. As in creepy french pedophile wrong. :p

bobafrett
09-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Oh... really?

OMG! I'm dying from laughter, that's halarious! I almost fell out of my chair!

Mad Slanted Powers
09-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Reminds me of that Monty Python sketch where they are talking in French about the flying sheep.

CaptainSolo1138
09-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh... really?
Maybe the best post ever on SSG.

TeeEye7
09-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Psssst! John should have been holding a white flag.............

Kidhuman
09-26-2008, 12:11 PM
That is awesome PF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2008, 01:04 PM
DUDE that is AWESOME!!! :D

That has got to be the greatest avatar in the history of time.

Blue2th
10-02-2008, 01:35 PM
DUDE that is AWESOME!!! :D

That has got to be the greatest avatar in the history of time.

Oui oui monsieur!

stillakid
10-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Not quite a SCUBA TROOPER yet.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Our area is having another Big Read program, where a library or other community group chooses a book from the NEA's list, so the community can all read, discuss, and learn about it together. I was their Kick Off Event's Atticus Finch for To Kill a Mockingbird, so they asked me to be their detective Sam Spade for The Maltese Falcon this year.

CaptainSolo1138
10-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Not quite a SCUBA TROOPER yet.
I think a better caption would be (in your case, at least:D), "In the swamps of Naboo hunting the elusive "redeeming quality of the prequels".

Rocketboy
10-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I think a better caption would be (in your case, at least:D), "In the swamps of Naboo hunting the elusive "redeeming quality of the prequels".Don't encourage him.

stillakid
10-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Don't encourage him.

:) I get that a lot.

Okay, how's this? "In the Swamps of Naboo fruitlessly searching for a plot that makes any sense."

mabudonicus
10-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Bel-Cam- failry accurate, tho you DO look a tad more "softboiled" :D

Wonder if "that kind of dame" walked in shortly thereafter

JetsAndHeels
10-05-2008, 08:17 AM
I just returned from my trip to Gettysburg. It was my first visit, and will no doubt be one of several. I toured the battlefields, saw the downtown areas, and took in the museum. I got alot of good stuff, both just to have, and also to use in my history classes.
A bonus for me was I finally found a 3X5 Alamo flag that I had been trying to find at retail for quite some time.

On the way up I stopped at Manassas, Virginia...the site of the first battle between the 2 sides.

I included one pic of me here by a cannon...I love those cannon!!

Many of you on here are my friends on myspace...I have added pics from my trip on my page if you would like to see them.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Bel-Cam- failry accurate, tho you DO look a tad more "softboiled" :D

Wonder if "that kind of dame" walked in shortly thereafterYeah, the Depression era boiled-ness is getting closer everyday, it seems. :770Dowdrop: :(

Well, it was at out local library, so she was "either a desheveled mother trying to corral her standard issue screaming, runny-nosed kids, or a dame trying to fit back into the university life she left years ago." (that's as good a narration in Hammitt's style I can come up with in the morning ;) ) But in actuality, the "next" dame would've been the one taking the picture (a library employee). :yes:

El Chuxter
10-06-2008, 12:03 AM
If there are such things as ghosts, you have been in the midst of them, J&H. Gettysburg is a beautiful town, but the battlefield park is creepy. Okay, "creepy" is a bit too strong of a word, but it's definitely a very solemn place.

Tycho
10-06-2008, 12:48 AM
JetsAndHeels: that is an awesome trip you described (that you already told me about going on -before you left) but I'm so envious!

It's the perfect adventure for a history teacher, too.

Glad you found your flag. I know how much you love The Alamo.

But Gettysburg and Manassas are cooler! (in their own way - I understand the valor shown at The Alamo, but Texas' independence just doesn't inspire me as much as the great War Between the States.)

JetsAndHeels
10-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Chuxter: We drove around the battlefield some on Thursday night. That was quite an experience, seeing the eternal flame in the dark sky, and also just the feeling at night was different than the feeling during the day.
Going down into the cellar of the Farnsworth House and standing out in front of the Jennie Wade home was a bit chilling also.

Tycho: I had a great time, and like I said earlier, I will definately go back. And I love my flag!! I will take a pic of it to post...I am proud of it for some reason. :)
My next little trip I am planning is to drive to Limestone, Tennessee. I am going to visit the national park there in Greene County and visit where Davy Crockett was born. It's not much to see, but the park looks beautiful from the pictures I have seen and that man is my hero.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-06-2008, 09:59 AM
I've seen lots of specials about the "Ghosts" of Gettysburg and i agree, that place has to be ripe with the paranormal there. I took a trip to GB when I was in elementary school and several of my pictures had odd happenings going on. It was pretty kooky. :thumbsup:

Tycho
10-06-2008, 01:43 PM
You're right! It was especially "paranormal" when JetsAndHeels was there! :D

Do you ever notice how when there's a large concentration of SSGrs at like a convention or something, the Ghostbusters are always there following us around?

JetsAndHeels
10-06-2008, 04:10 PM
You're right! It was especially "paranormal" when JetsAndHeels was there! :D

You're right....I am definately not normal. All those posts I make about dreams and the sounds I make in the shower...wait, that is you. :)

Blue2th
10-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Finally a face to the character. Me practicing

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Either you're the world's tiniest man or that picture is just really small! :eek:

Blue2th
10-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I'm having trouble figuring out the Photoshop my sister downloaded for me. Tried to get photos up another way and failed more than once, but I'll get the hang of it eventually.

consider it a sneak peak of the freak. :grin:

cookiemonster
10-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Me and the Wife (Teresa)
http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff353/gnomecookie/FAMILY%20PHOTOS/100_1294.jpg

Walker Texas Ranger.
http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff353/gnomecookie/FAMILY%20PHOTOS/100_1078.jpg

Black Beard, Arrrgh!!! and me Favourite Pirate Wench.
http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff353/gnomecookie/FAMILY%20PHOTOS/pirates.jpg

El Chuxter
10-07-2008, 09:58 PM
My daughter is in the room and is far more interested in your avatar, CM. (Or, as she is chanting, "Cookie Elmo! Cookie Elmo! Cookie Elmo!" All Sesame Street characters are still called Elmo to her.)

cookiemonster
10-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Well at least I made someone happy tonight, lol.

bobafrett
10-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Cookie monster, in your Texas Ranger shot, I think you look something like Tom Arnold!

Blue2th
10-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Pics of my band and I at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, playing for a private company party. I'm the one on the far left.http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18343&d=1223740534http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18344&d=1223740702

Though somebody died earlier that day when their balloon hit some high tension wires.
Lots of wind, but we were playing inside a tent.

cookiemonster
10-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Cookie monster, in your Texas Ranger shot, I think you look something like Tom Arnold!

Actually Frett I think your right, I do, and I didnt even know who he was until I looked, weird, lol.

Tycho
10-12-2008, 12:13 AM
CookieMonster, you look like a fun-loving guy to hang out with. Thanks for sharing.

Blue2th: rock on! We need to go to a Queensryche concert together. You're in a ROCK band, right? I'd enjoy seeing you guys play.

You're in New Mexico, right? My cousin is a lawyer in Albequerque. That's why I know how to spell that.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-12-2008, 12:20 AM
You're in New Mexico, right? My cousin is a lawyer in Albequerque. That's why I know how to spell that.Yet you spelled it wrong anyway. lol

Blue2th
10-12-2008, 01:39 AM
Blue2th: rock on! We need to go to a Queensryche concert together. You're in a ROCK band, right? I'd enjoy seeing you guys play.

You're in New Mexico, right? My cousin is a lawyer in Albequerque. That's why I know how to spell that.

Yes sir, Rock band. Though this version does the not so heavy Beatles, Stones, Kinks, Bowie etc. with a drum machine (Ringo in a box) and heavier stuff with a real drummer.

We just call it "Burque" for short sometimes I forget how to spell it. :)

cookiemonster
10-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Thank you Tycho, and yup I like to have a good time.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-12-2008, 09:53 AM
I remember it by pronouncing it "al-boo-kwayr-kwee," or by staring at the Running With Scissors cassette tape holder. It's one of a few cities I wouldn't mind moving to at some point. I don't know if any of my photos of there actually have me shown in them.

Blue2th
10-12-2008, 10:57 AM
That's pretty much how it's pronounced BCJ.

BTW Tycho, tell your cousin if he likes to go out and see live music at a club to go see "Shindig"
Lots of interesting material you might not otherwise hear from a typical cover band.

I've not seen Queenryche in a long time. Waiting for them to come back through here.

Tycho
10-12-2008, 08:42 PM
This particular cousin of mine is a very tightly wound religious conservative. It nearly drives me nuts when I talk to him - but sometimes it's interesting - when I've prepared myself to deal with him.

He's like 30 years older than me, but I think he still does like classic rock. It reminds him of the tunes he jammed to in Vietnam. :rolleyes:

My cousin and John McCain would probably get along just fine, though The Mac is likely 10 years older than my cousin is.

Blue2th
10-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Well then he's probably better off listening to the guy next to us in the Gondola Club playing what sounded like Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra, we were stealing all their customers who were walking over to hear us.

Not too long ago we played one of those what seemed like an up and coming GOP party in a million dollar+ neighborhood, but hey as long as they pay us (we charge a lot) with some of that disposable income. lol

El Chuxter
10-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Albuquerque: where the air smells like warm root beer, and you can eat right out of the ashtrays. It's okay. They're clean.

(Yeah, BCJ beat me to it sorta, but I still couldn't resist.)

Blue2th
10-13-2008, 01:14 AM
How did I miss that? Ha!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZsIQk7o-p0

JEDIpartner
10-14-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm standing on 42nd Street in front of the Port Authority on Sunday night.

bobafrett
10-14-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm standing on 42nd Street in front of the Port Authority on Sunday night.

Nice hat J.P.!

JEDIpartner
10-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm back full into hat mode again. LOVE 'EM! :love:

mabudonicus
10-15-2008, 11:14 AM
nothin wrong with hat mode, I am usually hatted up by default

sometimes I wear THE hat

JEDIpartner
10-15-2008, 12:51 PM
The "party" hat?

bobafrett
10-15-2008, 11:14 PM
The "party" hat?

No, more like the "Cat in the Hat". :p

JEDIpartner
10-16-2008, 10:47 AM
LOL!!! Love it!!

Tycho
10-25-2008, 06:38 PM
In spite of the setback with me not having my kidney transplant as planned, I had a great time having adventure after adventure with my friend from SSG, BobaFrett.

I got permission to post all these pictures. I'll put a few up at a time. I'm definitely going to use the best one for my new default pic on MySpace. It rocks! (nice shot 'Frett). You guys will know which one I'm talking about.

Anyway, here's some new pics. Hope it's not the last you'll see of me.

These were taken on the USS Midway. BobaFrett and I were piloting real fighter jets. The ship has simulated flight training.

Exhaust Port
10-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Ooh airplanes, awesome! Are both those pictures of you in the T-2 Buckeye? Looked like a great day to be out and about.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Awesome! You look like the pilot Tycho in the third picture. (I could have said you look like a maverick, but I hate Top Gun and everything to do with that word's current usage! :p )

bobafrett
10-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Tycho and I had a great time, he is quite the host. We also went to Sea World, but most of the pictures there are of the Shamu show that I took.

Here are a few of my own.

Tycho
10-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks 'Frett.

Here's a picture of BobaFrett with me and some of my family - my cousin Gloria and her baby, my youngest cousin, Channah. This was also taken at SeaWorld, San Diego.

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Very cool pics, Tycho and Frett.

Here are some pics from my trip to Gettysburg.

bobafrett
10-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Nice picture Josh! I forgot we had that one taken!

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Here are a few more, including one from my stop at Manasses, Virginia.

The brick building is the old Farnsworth House. It is rated one of the most haunted attractions in the US, plus it is original to the battle. You can see multiple bullet shots all along the wall.

Tycho
10-26-2008, 07:31 PM
JetsAndHeels, what is the picture with the statue, in your first round of pictures posted, to the right of you pretending to fire the cannon?

Those are really nice pictures and having the Civil War interest that I do, I am very envious of your trip to the historical sites there.

In your second post, you say the pics are taken in Manassas. But that one shot on a mountain top totally reminds me of the site they filmed for Little Round Top in the movie Gettysburg (with Jeff Daniels). Is that shot actually from Pennsylvania or is the topography just similar at the other battle site?

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Tycho,

The pics of the Stonewall Jackson monument are from Manasses. The rest are all from Gettysburg. What you saw in the other 2 was actually from where I stood at the peak of Little Round Top..that is what you are seeing in that pic with the statue that you asked about.

I enjoy the Civil War era too, but honestly it is not my #1 historical interest...I think you know what is.

Tycho
10-26-2008, 07:37 PM
But Jackson didn't fight at Gettysburg (Little Round Top). He died before then.

So I think we're making a mistake about which picture we're talking about.

Jackson's statue has him on his horse.

There is another statue, in the first group of pictures that you posted, of a man standing on his own feet. There is the symbol of a cross on the base of the statue. Who is that? and where was it?

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2008, 07:39 PM
But Jackson didn't fight at Gettysburg (Little Round Top). He died before then.

I am aware of that.

So I think we're making a mistake about which picture we're talking about.

Jackson's statue has him on his horse.

And those 2 pics (the one with him on the horse, and the one of the base of the monument with his name) are the ONLY ones from my stop in Manasses. Now if you want to see more from there, I have them.

There is another statue, in the first group of pictures that you posted, of a man standing on his own feet. There is the symbol of a cross on the base of the statue. Who is that? and where was it?

It is at Little Round Top. It signifies the stand that the Maine regiment made in holding the Hill (from the movie).

Tycho
10-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Is that a statue of Col. Chamberlain then? He was a totally heroic son-of-a-bh!

His ordering that downhill bayonette charge when his men ran out of ammo - and his resulting victory - is legendary in military history. The man ought to have at least one statue.

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Is that a statue of Col. Chamberlain then? He was a totally heroic son-of-a-bh!

I did not see a name on this statue, but it is for the dedication of him and his men from Maine.

Slicker
10-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Nice pictures y'all.

Tycho, you are probably the only person I know that can rock suspenders! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-29-2008, 08:48 PM
New pic from this evening. Rockin' the :beard: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
11-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Here are some more Civil War type photos, Tycho.

I am not in any of these, but they are from today's events and re-enactment at Fort Branch, NC (this is located about 40 minutes from my apartment).

There was no actual field battle at the place, but the local re-enactors enjoy getting together and putting on a show. It has become somewhat of a tradition each November.

Fort Branch was a Confederate fort that sat on the banks of the Roanoke River. Due to the Confederates' position at the top of the river wall, their cannon were able to wipe out any approaching Union forces rather easily (I included a pic of how the cannon were positioned so that they are aimed right at the river).

Fort Branch was never taken during the entire course of the Civil War.

JetsAndHeels
11-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Pardon the double post, but here are some more, both from the camp and the battle.

TeeEye7
11-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Very cool pictures, J&H! I especially like the camp photos with the period dress.

We have reenactments in my area, too:

http://www.forttejon.org/

I love all of us history nerds here at SSG! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
11-01-2008, 05:38 PM
That is a cool website TeeEye7. I am looking at it now.

Here is the website for Fort Branch if anyone is interested:

http://www.fortbranchcivilwarsite.com/

I like the Civil War, but it is not my absolute favorite. I absolutely love the Revolutionary War and the battle for Texas later in the early and mid 1800's.

I actually joined up with the 6th NC Regiment (a Revolutionary group) to do re-enactments. I am a member but have not been in an actual event yet. They do things all over the place, and with my teaching schedule it makes things complicated. The guy who runs the group has been nice enough to let me pick and choose though, so hopefully it won't be long before there is one I can participate in.

Tycho
11-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks for posting more pics, JetsAndHeels. I will be taking a closer look at them shortly.

In the meanwhile, I have also started my own Revolutionary group - only our Revolutionary War has not yet happened. In fact, you may contact me because we are still looking for a few more people to join us. I know the position of Deputy Total Universal Dictator is still available, for example. A qualified applicant will better know what he is doing moreso than God, Himself.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-09-2008, 09:38 AM
My enlistment in a crack commando unit yesterday for our city's Founder's Day parade (I was the loony helicopter pilot). :foracrimetheydidn'tcommit:

Mad Slanted Powers
11-09-2008, 11:30 AM
My enlistment in a crack commando unit yesterday for our city's Founder's Day parade (I was the loony helicopter pilot). :foracrimetheydidn'tcommit:

I always knew you were Howling Mad. :iwantatrashbag:

Tycho
11-09-2008, 02:50 PM
That is great Bel-Cam Jos! I loved the A-Team and own Seasons 1-4 on DVD.

I have to pick up Sn5.

What a great bunch of characters. The dude playing Hannibal really looks like him!

The costumes were dead-on! I bet you guys were a hit.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-09-2008, 05:02 PM
That is great Bel-Cam Jos!

What a great bunch of characters. The dude playing Hannibal really looks like him!

The costumes were dead-on! I bet you guys were a hit.We all said the same thing; and the irony was that "Hannibal" shaved off his mustache that he said he hadn't cut since around the '80s! In order to play an '80s-era character, he had to remove his 'stache. Our "B.A. Barracus" was great, and everyone wanted him to pity them, fools! I got to make fun of him, especially his fear of flying and his mowhawk. Some parade goers even sung the theme song to us.

I couldn't get the toy theme song out of my head the last few days:
"They're the A-Team (soldiers of fortune)
They're the A-Team (helping people in need)
You can pretend you are Hannibal,
Murdock, or Face.
Or maybe BA Barracus;
You know each one is an ace.
They're the A-Team."

[edit] p.s. I just noticed that my posts in this thread were 1984 and 1986, or something that fit the decade theme of the parade. Radical, dude! :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
11-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Stepmum sent me this picture from over the summer.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-19-2008, 07:07 PM
In the mail, got recognition that we won a trophy (but I see no way that I or my fellow Teamers will get an actual trophy :( ) in the parade, coming in 2nd (the Thriller dance group was great and deserved to win, but we were better than the Go-Gos, IMHO). Category was Best Interpretation of Theme. Woo hoo!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-19-2008, 10:29 PM
My lady took this of me when we were driving to cols for the Halloween Smashing Pumpkins show. I had always wanted to drive with a "driving scarf" blowing in the breeze, so I tossed on the rorschach scarf to do just that. I added the hat for a nifty, old timey style! lol :thumbsup:

bobafrett
11-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Me in a weird mood.....

Tycho
11-21-2008, 02:14 PM
My lady took this of me when we were driving to cols for the Halloween Smashing Pumpkins show. I had always wanted to drive with a "driving scarf" blowing in the breeze, so I tossed on the rorschach scarf to do just that. I added the hat for a nifty, old timey style! lol :thumbsup:

When dressed like that, you look like a rabbi for some reason.

TeeEye7
11-23-2008, 11:38 AM

Funny things, impressions. Mrs. TI7 is Jewish...I'm a Lutheran kid...and I've been to temple plenty, bar mitzvahs, bat mitzvahs, weddings, funerals, parties through the years. Been around many a rabbi. I sorta see what Tycho means but never got that impression.

My impression of JMG was totally different. I see JMG in that photo as a jazz musician. It's the scarf/hat combo that makes him look :cool:, Daddy-O!

Tycho
11-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Maybe he's a rabbi that plays jazz music at bar mitzvahs?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-23-2008, 04:25 PM

hahhahaha one of my buddies said the EXACT same thing!

Funny things, impressions. Mrs. TI7 is Jewish...I'm a Lutheran kid...and I've been to temple plenty, bar mitzvahs, bat mitzvahs, weddings, funerals, parties through the years. Been around many a rabbi. I sorta see what Tycho means but never got that impression.

My impression of JMG was totally different. I see JMG in that photo as a jazz musician. It's the scarf/hat combo that makes him look :cool:, Daddy-O!

lol Thanks!! I was going for that Daddy-O "old timey" look!

Maybe he's a rabbi that plays jazz music at bar mitzvahs?

lol maybe some day...... :thumbsup:

bobafrett
11-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Was doing a little house cleaning, and came across my "Mullet" picture! Gotta love the mullet!

stillakid
11-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Stepmum sent me this picture from over the summer.

You're stepmum looks exactly like you! :eek:

Tycho
11-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Was doing a little house cleaning, and came across my "Mullet" picture! Gotta love the mullet!

That looks like an old Richard Marx album cover.

LTBasker
11-24-2008, 02:50 AM
Latest pic - not much of a happy expression, mostly due to it being such a pain to get a self-pic.

Tycho
11-24-2008, 08:54 AM
You look like you're a CSI Detective in some movie. I'm not sure which movie star. Someone younger. Maybe John Cusack?