picked up massif and acklay tonight

when i opened up the acklay
i was shocked to find that
his face hadnt been painted
its mouth is but the eye and face regions are white
what can i do ??

The Darth Vader
06-29-2002, 07:00 AM
Perhaps you can write or call the Hasbro company to request the problem or consult the store to get a new one or refund.

Darth Sidious
06-29-2002, 10:12 AM
Yeah, write Hasbro. My Dooku didnt have his green saber and they sent me a $3.00 off coupon on any figure, just because of the saber. Im sure that saber didnt cost $3.00. They'll help you out. :)

QLD
06-29-2002, 11:29 AM
I will not be surprised when I buy a SW figure and inside the package is a big rock. It's the way they have been operating lately.

The Darth Vader
06-29-2002, 07:20 PM
I still think you can just get a new one at the store where you bought the Acklay figure.

rynobot
06-29-2002, 07:38 PM
Just mail back to Hasbro and they will send you a new one back. I did this with a Mace Windu that had an arm that kept falling off, and they sent me a brand new figure.

LTBasker
06-29-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I will not be surprised when I buy a SW figure and inside the package is a big rock. It's the way they have been operating lately.

Mmm.... Yoda, you seek Yoda!!!

Or the Red Clone Trooper... ;)

bigbarada
06-29-2002, 09:03 PM
My Acklay has the same problem, as did the one that I saw advertised on Brian's Toys (I bought mine from Wal-Mart). I don't think it's that his face isn't painted; but overpainted with white "highlights." Just another example of Hasbro showing an amazing looking proto but dropping the ball with the production version.

I'm planning to just buy some paint and fix mine myself.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-29-2002, 09:05 PM
Just exchange it...

bigbarada
06-29-2002, 09:08 PM
I don't think exchanging it will work since they all seem to have the same problem, unless there are people out there who aren't recieving 'white faced' Acklays.

Aeros Kahn
06-29-2002, 09:31 PM
i took it back to exchange it today and they
didnt have any more there so that option was out

i think ill write hasbro and see if i cant get a coupon for so
much of a figure
cuz then ill use it to buy another acklay
that will hopefully be painted correctly
and i can still keep this white one
then theyll look different from each other

oh and about the white highlight thing
my acklays right eye is perfectly painted dark green
and the other is completely white like its never been touched
and there are lil specks of green paint around the face
it looks like the airbrush ran out of paint or something

bigbarada
06-29-2002, 10:28 PM
The white is paint, the head is molded in green. How do I know? Well, I took my fingernail and scraped off the white paint on his face and the plastic is green underneath. It would seem that your Acklay had the white highlight paint sprayed over his eyes.

mtriv73
07-01-2002, 08:33 AM
I got an acklay this weekend and had the same problem. His face was all white and his body was this flourescent green. It looks like they forgot to paint on the darker green shown in all the photos. Is everyone finding them like this?

JEDIpartner
07-01-2002, 08:44 AM
No... there are no fluorescent green Acklays here. The plastic has not been painted... it is moulded in dark green. I have no idea what YOU got, dude, but it's not the Acklay! :crazed:

also... not to be a total prat, but why the heck is everyone making mountains out of anthills? Get some paint or take it back... it's not that tough of a situation.

LTBasker
07-01-2002, 08:55 AM
Chip the paint off a little to what it looks like on the box then just paint in smaller details, the head doesn't look like it needs alot of paint detail for the head.

bigbarada
07-01-2002, 11:21 AM
That's what I plan to do, although I haven't decided if it would be best to scrape off the excess paint or repaint the entire area.

Jonna
07-01-2002, 11:27 AM
Don't know. Mine is perfect. Must have been a fluke!

Jason B
07-01-2002, 05:13 PM
It's head isn't supposed to be white? :confused: I just picked one up today (Onlt one they had) and it's head is all white.
I have another problem though, it won't stand up. :( Also, it looks like the legs are reversed on it, but I know they aren't. The legs are all numbered. It seems to me that legs L3 and L2 should be switched around. (the numbers are on the back side of their first joint.) If you look at the ball joints on the body, you'll see what I mean. The sides are the exact opposite of each other. Maybe its just me though. ;)

Aeros Kahn
07-01-2002, 11:16 PM
ooo i see what you mean bigbarada
i wonder why they used soo much highlight

and jason...

same thing here about the legs
something looks wrong with them
mine has to have been put together wrong

this was my favorite creature in the movie
and my biggest want from the saga line
and its screwed beyond belief :cry:

bigbarada
07-01-2002, 11:26 PM
Yep, I'm truly disappointed with this one, such a cool beast, such a cool prototype, such a let down of a figure. Oh well, I should have guessed it.:frus:

I had troubles with the legs as well, but eventually found a configuration that worked. Just play around with it for a while and study the picture on the box, he will stand on his own eventually.

Aeros Kahn
07-02-2002, 01:34 AM
hasbro emailed me
they said they sent a return label for me to send it back
but what troubles me is that they said
if i send it back and they dont have it in stock
theyll send me an atem of equal or greater value
i dont want another reek lol
so im keeping whitey and looking for another

Jason B
07-02-2002, 07:03 AM
Yes, I got mine standing up on its own. I'm pleased with it though. I just wish it's head is positioned different, right now it's looking straight down at the ground. :)

LTBasker
07-02-2002, 07:27 AM
If you use the Acklay in an Arena diorama and it has trouble standing, there a chance of using a Battle Droid to put under it as a stand for it but "disguised" as just a destroyed Battle Droid?

bigbarada
07-02-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Aeros Kahn
hasbro emailed me
they said they sent a return label for me to send it back
but what troubles me is that they said
if i send it back and they dont have it in stock
theyll send me an atem of equal or greater value
i dont want another reek lol
so im keeping whitey and looking for another

I tried that once. I bought the AT-AT when it first came out and the AT-AT Commander figure had two giant splotches of black paint on his face. I sent it back to Hasbro and they sent me an AT-AT Driver in exchange.:frus: I see the Reek as being one of those massively overproduced items, so your chances of getting another one of them is much greater than getting a corrected Acklay.

My Acklay stands just fine except when the temperature outside surpasses 100 degrees (which is everyday). So I have just started resting him on the "elbows" of his back legs for added support.

Dave_Cameron
07-16-2002, 09:12 PM
I haven't had any trouble with my Acklay. It's been standing up fine since Day one. The thing you have to remember is that the Acklay's legs do cross one over the other as it walks. I think that's why Hasbro configured the joints in such a fashion.

Jayspawn
07-16-2002, 09:56 PM
The only problem I've had with the Acklay is him falling down. The body is a little heavy and and legs slide easily. Blah! If only he wern't stuck in the looking down position.

Battle Droid
07-16-2002, 10:21 PM
My Acklay's face is fine, very detailed with Black eyes and nose.

Jason B
07-16-2002, 10:30 PM
I really dislike the looking-down thing too. And why does it make no noise?

Battle Droid
07-16-2002, 10:45 PM
Yeah it should've been electronic, that noise it made in the film was wicked!