PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy Deleted Scenes

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 01:16 PM
When they finally get round to making a DVD of the origional trilogy, which scenes would you like to see put back in?

I can't think of many at the moment but there is one, all of the Wampa's attacking the base and Lando on the outside of the falcon on bespin.

LTBasker
06-29-2002, 01:21 PM
I'd like to see the original Cantina sequence revamped and put in, along with the scenes where Luke sees the fighting in the sky with his electrobinocs and then goes to Anchorhead and talks to Biggs. They definitely have the footage in their vault since they put it on Behind the Magic, don't know if they could revamp it enough though. Some of it's in black & white I think.

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I'd love to see those scenes, but I'm glad they're not in the films, I don't think that the begining scenes would have worked as well with them in!

saladin
06-29-2002, 04:45 PM
they just better not screw them up to bad.

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 05:59 PM
What is there to screw up, all they have to do is clean up the picture, it's not like that scene needs thousands of special effects although nowing GL, he'll probably end up CGing the treadwell and making it do all kinds of stupid things "that I wanted to do but never really had the chance" he always says that.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-30-2002, 02:25 PM
I wanna see Tosche Station, the wampas, Luke's bacta mask, and Han's extended torture sequence!

LTBasker
06-30-2002, 10:18 PM
I want to see when 3PO takes the warning sign off the door while chasing after Han and Leia in the corridor then the Snowtroopers run in there afterwards only to get mauled by a bunch of Wampas. :evil:

JediTricks
06-30-2002, 10:24 PM
Put back in? ZERO, none, nada. I wouldn't like to see any more scenes added into the films themselves, they were cut for a reason.

I would like to see all the deleted scenes on their own though. Especially the ROTJ sandstorm, the rest of the ANH "rebel hangar" scene, the Toshi station bits, the alternate cantina sequence...

Master Goeweins
06-30-2002, 11:43 PM
I would love to see the Wampa attack sequence, since that has always been the sequence I was most intrigued with. The sandstorm would be great too.

But I agree, maybe on their own. I was pretty unhappy with the festering poo doo Jabba in ANH.

Jek Porky 2002
07-01-2002, 05:59 PM
I didn't meen put back in the movie, I meant in a special section, so they can be viewed indevidually on the Special Features menu, like TPM.

JediTricks
07-02-2002, 04:05 AM
OH! ALL of them, every scrap of deleted/unused footage they can lay their hands on, no matter the condition or missing elements. Even "Little Flash Gordon" and the whistling through Death Star scenes. As long as you're saying Lucas isn't trying to "revision" the films once again, then I'm there.

Master Goeweins
07-02-2002, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I think the best thing about the DVD format is the ability to see all that was ever envisioned for a film without losing the original film that you loved so much. I mean, it was the "original" film that got us to purchase the DVD in the first place.

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 09:12 AM
I still don't see how all the snowtroopers got killed by wampas. They had blasters, after all... :rolleyes:

And of course Lucas always says "I wanted to go back and fix that but never had the chance" or "This is how I really wanted it to look." With so much CG, did Lucas always want the Star Wars saga to look uber-cartoony?

Rogue II
07-03-2002, 12:23 PM
I'd like to see the all of the scenes already mentioned, especially the Hoth scenes. I also heard there were several scenes deleted from ROTJ involving Vader, Royal Guards, and some of the Imperial Officers. Those sounded interesting.

They could also add the footage of General Madine and more of the battle around Death Star II. Can't get enough of those space battles.

Also, in ANH did they film Leia's torture?

I don't think they should be added into the films, just put on the DVD so we can see them.

scruffziller
07-03-2002, 05:57 PM
EVERYTHING!!!!! INCLUDING NOT JUST ALL 3 VERSION BUT A WAY YOU CAN MIX AND MATCH THE VERSIONS OF THE MOVIES WITH THE DELETED SCENES. IF GL is stopping, he better well go out with a bang, not a bomb and give us the ULTIMATE I MEAN THE ULTIMATE SW DVD COLLECTION!!!!!

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 08:36 PM
Well, yeah...that's what he's planning...

Supposedly he's releasing all 6 on DVD in 2006...it'll be called the "archival edition" and be a 15-disc set!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Rogue II
07-03-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Well, yeah...that's what he's planning...

Supposedly he's releasing all 6 on DVD in 2006...it'll be called the "archival edition" and be a 15-disc set!!! :D:D:D:D:D

That sounds expensive.

LTBasker
07-03-2002, 11:41 PM
Yep, $1,000!!! And the majority of the features will be available to DVD-Rom owners only, anyone caught getting material that doesn't have DVD access will be tossed in the brig and to assure that nobody gets it without a DVD-Rom, spyware will be imbedded in the features that you download so they can monitor EVERYTHING on your computer.

Beast
07-03-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Yep, $1,000!!! And the majority of the features will be available to DVD-Rom owners only, anyone caught getting material that doesn't have DVD access will be tossed in the brig and to assure that nobody gets it without a DVD-Rom, spyware will be imbedded in the features that you download so they can monitor EVERYTHING on your computer. No LTBasker, that's a bad LTBasker!! Don't start spreading hysteria and mass paranoia. Geez, you know how gullible some Star Wars fans are. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 10:00 AM
Thanks, Jar Jar. For a second, I almost thought, "I'd better start saving up that thousand now!" :p

Jek Porky 2002
07-04-2002, 05:21 PM
I don't know, $1,000 or 2,000 sounds like alot of money to me, and if it's mostly going to be DVD-ROM access only, it'd be a bit of a waste!

Joke, I'm not really that gullible!

odb
07-06-2002, 04:58 PM
scenes to be added/completed, Luke and Biggs' meeting in Anchorhead, the snowtroopers with the Wampas, the Falcon and X-wing landing scenes from ROTJ, the B-wing attacks in ROTJ.

But they'd have to be seperate extras not cut back into the films.