PDA

View Full Version : teemto with droid pics!

Kuzu
06-29-2002, 02:38 PM
just found these at rebelscum.com what do you think.

boss nass
06-29-2002, 02:43 PM
Great figure but he really needs a pod racer!! That would make this figure 10 times better!!

Kuzu
06-29-2002, 02:44 PM
heres a better shot of the droid.:)

Beast
06-29-2002, 02:49 PM
Very cool. He certainly looks much better then the prototype version that we have seen before. The detailing and paint job is vastly improved. And I love the droid and piece of podrace engine. That is just a great huge pack-in, making this figure well worth the 5.00-6.00 purchase. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
06-29-2002, 02:57 PM
Great. Now kids can re-create the cut "Teemto is run over by a scavenger droid" scene. :D

But it looks good. Hopefully the droid/pod isn't a slightly articulated statue.

Jayspawn
06-29-2002, 03:25 PM
Looks great! The figure and droid seem very well detailed. Can't wait to get him!

MikeAndTheBots
06-29-2002, 03:37 PM
wow that's one big droid, I thought he was just coming with a normal pit droid....

Jargo
06-29-2002, 03:55 PM
Hasbro I love you :D That's fantastic mate! Teemto has odd eyes but i can fix that. With the goggles over them they won't seem quite so mad and staring but this is a very very cool set. I'm salivating already, how long do I have to wait for this? Gonna go put this sucker on pre-order right now... :) :happy:

Jedi Juice
06-29-2002, 04:07 PM
Teemto es bueno. Haha, that's a pretty big droid to fit inside a bubble on the card.

Beast
06-29-2002, 04:15 PM
Here's a quick comparison of the prototype version (left) of Teemto with the completed version (right). Other then as EJ said, him having weird eyes, he looks alot better. Can't wait for him to be released. Good job Hasbro. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 04:33 PM
Wow, he looks a hell of a lot better, dam you Jargo, you beat me to comenting on the eyes, this is the Temto Pagalies (LSD Vision) figure, that is meant to be a regular sized pit droid but he's seeing it 10 times bigger with multiple legs and he thinks he can hunt it down all by him self!:crazed:

hango fett
06-29-2002, 05:24 PM
knowing my luck...i'll have him by episode III :mad: they are getting progressivly worse on there shipments to ohio.
yeah
hango

QLD
06-29-2002, 05:44 PM
Is it me, or does he look like something from Wallace and Grommit now?

Probably just me.

Darth Yambag
06-29-2002, 06:37 PM
I planned to pass on this fig, ...until I saw the pack in. The Scavenger droid makes the figure well worth buying. The pack ins like this and the Bespin wave are one of the few things Hasblah has done right.

Jargo
06-29-2002, 06:42 PM
"Nice bit o' Wensleydale Teemto. What's that? Oh no, it's the wrong trousers. And they've gone wrong!"

God I hope they fix the eyes. I'm going to be hunting through every single one to find one with eyes that don't look like glass eyes. The droid doesn't look articulated or if it is the joints are tiny like FX-7 but I doubt they will be jointed. It is just a pack in after all. Very nice addition to the collection though and the chunk of smashed pod will finally give my Watto something to put in his junkyard. :)

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 07:04 PM
Is the droid meant to be one of those from the deleated pod race lap 2?

MikeAndTheBots
06-29-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
I think so.

Beast
06-29-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Yes indeed, but since they restored those scenes to the movie for the DVD release, it's no longer really a deleted scene. :)

http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/salvagedroid/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Darth Vader
06-29-2002, 08:04 PM
Is the thing the scavenger droid is holding a engine of the podracer or what?

Jargo
06-29-2002, 09:50 PM
As teemto crashed out of the race I gues it's supposed to be part of his pod engine. I like how they made his chin scar more like a fresh injury from his crash :) In the movie he just has a scar but this on the figure looks like a gash.

I printed the pics off and I'm sitting here staring at them and thinking more and more how impressive this looks. it'd be worth buying a few to have a flotilla of scavenger droids hovering in the air above a crashed Sebulba and pod. definately one of the best pack in items with a figure ever IMO. I'm so happy that hasbro are producing my favourite pod racer and doing such a great job on him (apart from the mad eyes - please fix this hasbro ;) ) The wait for this to hit retail will be painful for me now I've seen these pics.

LTBasker
06-29-2002, 09:54 PM
I wonder how many variations of him we'll get...

Teemto with bloody gash
Teemto with non-bloody gash
Teemto with green gash
Teemto with such a gash his head is gone
Teemto with chin lopped off
Teemto...etc, etc, etc.

Kuzu
06-29-2002, 09:57 PM
when teemto chrashed the jawas took his parts,these guys took away parts of Cleg Holdfest's racer,after sabulba took him out.

Kuzu
06-29-2002, 10:07 PM
also hope Hasbro willl do more racers really want a Cleg Holdfest.:)

Jargo
06-29-2002, 10:13 PM
One question just occured to me - why do all the pics but one I've seen of Teemto have his arms up in the air? Is he incapable of putting them down, fixed in a mexican wave of one? Is he drying his underarm deodorant? Dancing at a rave? Just seems odd that four out of the five pics I've seen have him waving his arms in the air like he just don't care :D

LTBasker
06-29-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
One question just occured to me - why do all the pics but one I've seen of Teemto have his arms up in the air? Is he incapable of putting them down, fixed in a mexican wave of one? Is he drying his underarm deodorant? Dancing at a rave? Just seems odd that four out of the five pics I've seen have him waving his arms in the air like he just don't care :D

He's trying to scare the droid off. :D As if he needed any help with those eyes... :eek:

Jargo
06-29-2002, 11:07 PM
"Ooh - big spider. SHOO, SHOO!!! Huh? damn these new contact lenses. They lied, they lied to me when they said these'd make me look like Jay leno......."

:rolleyes: sorry... :(

TIE Pilot
06-29-2002, 11:15 PM
I like him! Although there are other pod racer pilots I would have rather seen made before Teemto.

I'll still buy him just to get the droid.

187-Maul
06-30-2002, 05:31 AM
I'm definetly buying him but I won't know where to put him
oh well I just need more space for loose figs then I can't put in my dioramas...

Jek Porky 2002
06-30-2002, 12:12 PM
I'd rather have seen Mawhonic and then Teemto, but as long as we get him soon, I don't mind.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-30-2002, 12:55 PM
He's really cool!
I'll buy em!!!!! :)

thespar
07-02-2002, 11:57 PM
He has his hands up so can catch are eye when we are out shopping.

Darth Narcis
07-03-2002, 12:08 AM
hes one of the coolest figures i have seen in a while.....

pthfnder89
07-03-2002, 12:52 AM
I'm really excited that Hasbro is willing to put out that scavenger droid even though he they never even made it into the film. I wonder if we can expect anything else from the DVD to pop up....

Beast
07-03-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
I'm really excited that Hasbro is willing to put out that scavenger droid even though he they never even made it into the film. I wonder if we can expect anything else from the DVD to pop up....
Well, they did make it into the film, from a certain point of view. They restored some of the extra pod race scenes, including that one. As well as adding the Coruscant Air Taxi scene, back to the movie for the DVD. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
07-03-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Well, they did make it into the film, from a certain point of view. They restored some of the extra pod race scenes, including that one. As well as adding the Coruscant Air Taxi scene, back to the movie for the DVD. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hehe, fair enough, fair enough.:)

Jonna
07-03-2002, 11:01 AM
Great accessory! Wonder why I never saw this thread before?

anarky
07-03-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
One question just occured to me - why do all the pics but one I've seen of Teemto have his arms up in the air?

just before the race, isn't he posing like that for the crowd?

this figure looks awesome--every so often hasbro does something that makes me feel bad for all the bad things i say about them

of course, by the time this hits shelves, it will have magnetic hands, force effects, quick-draw action, and all sorts of other crud

unless he's collection 2

evenflow
07-03-2002, 05:15 PM
Every once and a while Hasbro does something right. I like.

corporal AMF
07-03-2002, 11:51 PM
He's not teemto..........If you hear the DVD Fode.(or beed) says he's Tito Puente...:p :p :p