PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think has the coolest custom avatar?

billfremore
06-29-2002, 08:37 PM
Tell me who you think...

LTBasker
06-29-2002, 08:45 PM
JarJarBinks' avatar is pretty cool, I'm kinda fond of mine too. :D

DeadEye
06-29-2002, 10:20 PM
/me

TeeEye7
06-30-2002, 07:37 AM
JediTricks and Jargo each have a long history of cool custom avatars through the years.....too many to count....too many to decide upon.

But.....

If you're asking about the most recent avatar:

Quite-Long Dong wins!

....too funny!

Eternal Padawan
06-30-2002, 07:50 AM
I like stillakid's "inkblot" avatar. Simple, yet original and cool. :cool:
Jargo's avatars are always cool, and the man changes them every other day.
I like SWAFMAN's "trapped in an Action Fleet box" avatar.

D'ar Argol likes Jonna's "Blue Alien CHICK" avatar...;)

Sadly, my own attempts at custom avatars continue to elude me because I haven't figured out how to switch any images I have from the .bmp... :(

sith_killer_99
06-30-2002, 08:21 AM
Oh, this is an easy one....

Caesar:eek:

What is up with those Ricky Avatars?

LOL

darthvyn
06-30-2002, 10:21 AM
Ricky?

"Lucas, you got some 'splainin to do...."

"whaaaaa, Ricky, my kids like jar jar...."

2-1B
06-30-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Oh, this is an easy one....

Caesar:eek:

What is up with those Ricky Avatars?

LOL

I have 24 total ! ;)
Out of all of them, I'd say the Ricky McStarPark custom job that Jargo did for me is my favorite. :happy:

mabudonicus
06-30-2002, 03:48 PM
QLD's is/was really funny, for sure. I have to say Jargo, simply due to the sheer number of Excellent pieces he did for general use here.
Caesar's series causes me the most tribulations, however- a lot of good ideas have been banished when I notice a new one up suddenly- the REAR VIEW shot is prolly the worst, IMHO.

DeadEye
06-30-2002, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry, but what's a little shameless self-advertisement?

I vote for me again. Jargo comes in close, due to his sheer variety, plus his cute dog. :D I would give Caesar more credit for all his avatars if he told me what his obsession was with Rick McCallum.

JediTricks
06-30-2002, 09:19 PM
I moved this thread to MISC since it didn't seem to be about movies. :D

EP, if you want, I can convert BMPs to the proper format. Just email me: jeditricks@sirstevesguide.com

MikeAndTheBots
06-30-2002, 09:20 PM
mine = win

Jason B
06-30-2002, 09:48 PM
Yes, EP, email them to me or him, and we'll convert them for you. ;) jw_bryant@yahoo.com
Jargo, just because he makes so many high-quality ones. :)

DeadEye
06-30-2002, 10:00 PM
Mine are nice too...aren't they?

Jason B
06-30-2002, 10:14 PM
No doubt. ;)

Jedi Juice
06-30-2002, 10:19 PM
How about mine? I have a unique avatar, don't you think?

Ok... maybe not.

Eternal Padawan
07-01-2002, 08:55 AM
I'd like to add Lord Tenebrous' Yaddle/Vader avatar to my list. Sadly, it was recently replaced.

JT and JasonB. Thanks for the offers. If I can find a spiffy one, I'll send it along, but I also want to figure out how to do it myself. You know what they say. "Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, TEACH a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime..."

hango fett
07-01-2002, 09:55 AM
mine is pretty cool....the one i have now...

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 10:05 AM
But you've had that one before! :p

Jonna
07-01-2002, 10:18 AM
I like Eternal Padawan's avatar!

HA!

bobafett07728
07-01-2002, 10:45 AM
I've always been a fan of Jargo's avatars.

darthvyn
07-01-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
JT and JasonB. Thanks for the offers. If I can find a spiffy one, I'll send it along, but I also want to figure out how to do it myself. You know what they say. "Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, TEACH a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime..."

you could probably find some sort of "test version" of photoshop on morpheus, or any file sharing system...

Jason B
07-01-2002, 05:03 PM
Close, VERY close. ;)
EP, all you do is hit File>Save as, and then choose either .gif or .jpeg. :) That works in MS paint, and many MANY other aps.

Mike Troxell
07-01-2002, 07:37 PM
Badly Drawn Boy is the ultimate cool. Therefore, I must have the coolest custom avatar.

Either that or Jargo. Probably him.

jjreason
07-01-2002, 07:56 PM
Hango's other Yoda one, where he's either pitching or catching the lightning out to the right is the best. Blew me away because he had it when AOTC was still super new aaaa(bootleg)CHOOO!!
Gezundheit!
Great job, Hango.
Honourable mentions - Caesar, Mabudon (Trent Reznor styles bustin out all over), Jargo, JediTricks. There are many others, you guys are talented.

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 08:18 PM
Oh yeah--I heard some people can type with an invisible font! If so, I must have been mentioned already! :D

Jedi Juice
07-01-2002, 09:32 PM
Haha, that was a good one!

PloKoon2385
07-02-2002, 12:06 AM
Hi! I've been dormant for quite a while. I don't know why I was gone for so long, but alas I am back. So did you miss me? :D Probably not..... Anyway...... I like mine. It says PloKoon23 in Jedi symbol font... Yah...ok.... but I like a lot of other people's too! Jargo had the best of the best!

2-1B
07-02-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Oh yeah--I heard some people can type with an invisible font! If so, I must have been mentioned already! :D

Hmmm . . . 0 mentions from other forumites + 3 self nominations = 3 mentions. Yep, you've already been mentioned ! :rolleyes:
:D

mabudon and Deadeye, the McCallum thing is really just a goof, when I started I was surprised he hadn't been used before, so I gave it a try and it was met with everything from laughter :D to disgust. :mad:

Since I agree that if something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing, I just keep plugging along, littering SSG with Ricky's mug . . . taking occasional breaks.

Feel free to send me any new pics you see of the Ricker, I'd be glad to incorporate them into my arsenal. When OriginalBryGuy posted his Celebration 2 pics, I asked and received permission to borrow his two shots of RMc. Shout out to Bry for the donation, you've seen his offerings in my two latest "McCallumtars."
The current one (black and white shot of Rick near a camera [get him away from there! :eek:] was borrowed from IMDb. :)

Eternal Padawan
07-02-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Jason B
Close, VERY close. ;)
EP, all you do is hit File>Save as, and then choose either .gif or .jpeg. :) That works in MS paint, and many MANY other aps.

See, I tried that before, since bigbarada suggested it in another thread, but when I hit SAVE AS in Paint, it links to My Pictures and the only save options are:
Monochrome Bitmap
16 Color Bitmap
256 Color Bitmap
24-Bit Bitmap

There's no .gif or .jpeg to choose. :(

El Chuxter
07-02-2002, 10:55 AM
EP, I don't think you can save a file from Paint in any non-bmp format. Do you have access to any other programs? If not, you might have to e-mail the bitmap. :(

2-1B
07-02-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan

See, I tried that before, since bigbarada suggested it in another thread, but when I hit SAVE AS in Paint, it links to My Pictures and the only save options are:
Monochrome Bitmap
16 Color Bitmap
256 Color Bitmap
24-Bit Bitmap

There's no .gif or .jpeg to choose. :(

Did you try switching it from My Pictures to another location?
When I mess around with avatars, it opens in a photo studio thing that wants to save it as a .psf
But when I click Save, I move My Pictures to Drive C via a drop down menu and save it there as a .jpg

Sorry, I don't know much about computers - just a thought I had. :(

pthfnder89
07-02-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye

You've had some really nice ones DeadEye, but we've got some very creative avatar makers here.

Jargo - definitely his are consistantly my favorites

Who had the muscle-bound Yoda standing in front of the flag, It was Master Yoda right?That one always cracks me up.

LTBasker - your Clone-redshirt is really well done

JarJarBinks - I miss his JarJar Maul avatar...:cry:

I've been meaning to ake a new one for myself for a while now but I'm just too lazy...:D:D

master jedi
07-03-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

Who had the muscle-bound Yoda standing in front of the flag, It was Master Yoda right?That one always cracks me up.

Almost got the name right but I'm glad you like it.

SWAFMAN
07-03-2002, 03:04 PM
WaveL pic2pic is a free and easy app to convert image formats. if you can't find a free d/l site, email me & tell me the max size attachment you can receive via e-mail & maybe I can send it to you.

pthfnder89
07-03-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by master jedi

Almost got the name right but I'm glad you like it.

Heehee, sorry about that Master Jedi. I have the attention span of a 4 year old on a sugar high unfortunately. I'm absolutely horrible with names.

good shot jansen
07-03-2002, 04:02 PM
swafman definately has the best custom avitar! the guy loves action fleet, so he go's and puts himself into an action fleet box to be displayed through the cellophane for all the world to see what a cool action fleet he really is!

:)

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 04:53 PM
I really ought to read the Paint Shop Pro 7 manual to better understand creating avatars from scratch! :D

scruffziller
07-03-2002, 05:04 PM
I think I do now. WIth the statement of course.

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 05:06 PM
I would agree with you if I were an RPG fan...

SWAFMAN
07-03-2002, 09:19 PM
:) thanks, GSJ!!

I appreciate the folks who take the time to find new avatars a lot. That shows initiative & creativity. I've been lazy in that respect. I guess I just figured, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But all the new ones many forumers find all the time are cool.

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 10:21 PM
At least someone appreciates my work, then! :)

master jedi
07-04-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

Heehee, sorry about that Master Jedi. I have the attention span of a 4 year old on a sugar high unfortunately. I'm absolutely horrible with names.

No need to be sorry. I've noticed that there have been a lot of people creating similar names to mine so I guess it would be easy to get confused.

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 04:03 PM
You guys should like my new self-portrait. :)