PDA

View Full Version : Brown Droid!!!!!

SuperBattleDroid88
06-29-2002, 09:01 PM
WHEN IS THE BROWN BATTLE DROID COMING OUT?!?!!?! :(
I really want him...
I know they're making 50/50 with the brown and white droids but when will they hit the stores?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!! :)

SBD88

Beast
06-29-2002, 09:05 PM
Rebelscum is reporting that the Deluxe Mace Windu w/ Reddish Batte Droid is starting to turn up in some areas. So I assume that the same will soon be true for the regular carded reddish Battle Droids. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SuperBattleDroid88
06-29-2002, 09:06 PM
OK!

Jargo
06-29-2002, 09:08 PM
Oh goodie! I've been holding off buying the battle droid waiting for the red/brown one to show. When the accessory sets showed up and the battle droid was brown I though maybe that was it. Along with the one that comes with deluxe Threepio. I was thinking maybe Hasbro decided to settle on the two and leve it at that. This is heartening news if the deluxe one and the regular basic one are going to be coming in brown too. How cool. I'll keep my eyes open for them now :)

Lord Tenebrous
06-29-2002, 10:07 PM
I still think it's fairly shoddy effort, as the final version of the battle droid was cream with a heavy brownish-red wash, not a solid red.

I've been doing my own work on a few 'cream', making them less dirty than the 'dirty' b.d. from the Episode 1 line, but with that two-tone distinction.

Jargo
06-29-2002, 10:26 PM
But there were both in the movie - cream and brown/red. The cream ones were mostly seen in the arena battle and the red ones were mostly seen as the battle spilled onto the plains outside the arena. It's almost as if the cream ones were finished and had the paint aplied and the red ones were unfinished and straight off the production lines without the time to spray them cream. That's how I see it. The cream ones start off looking fresh and then get really dirty with red dust and dirt from blast marks and such like.

Strange how the super battle droid didn't get the dirty effect applied. Wonder if they'll do that with the deluxe version?

They toyed with doing the battle droid in the same metallic colors as the super battle droid. That'd be cool to get sometime.

Strange that none ogf the episode two battle droids had any markings on them to denote security or command. Be cool to get an OOM - 9 and a security battle droid in red. And finally get a pilot battle droid that doesn't look like it's made from a dolly peg.
The mold for the deluxe version of the battle droid has the most class for a standard droid so they could re-use that but obviously resculpt the head so it doesn't detach. Then fire away with color versions. I'd buy them all if the sculpt was decent and the paint job was neat. Battle droids are so cool. I've already got way too many more than i probably should have for a sane person......

oh. :(

Beast
06-29-2002, 10:29 PM
Jargo, the Battle Droid that Mace Windu backlips over, after having to retreat from the Arena box had yellow markings on it. So they were there, just not as easily seen due to the red color of the droids. And there were blue pilot droids in the hanger where Dooku's speeder and the Neimodian shuttle was. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-29-2002, 10:30 PM
The red ones weren't in the arena? Man I was so used to seeing the red ones that I must've been seeing the cream colored ones as red in the arena. :eek:

187-Maul
06-30-2002, 04:24 AM
to be honest I totally dislike the brown BD's
they dhould've stayed at the white/cream color

Jargo
06-30-2002, 12:17 PM
I guess the whole battle droidd thing is just a case of them being in mixed quantities. Both were there. So it's cool that we get both colours as toys.

There were pilot droids in the hangar? I recall seeing geonosians milling around as Dooku took off on his speeder but don't recall seeing the droids. Were they in the Geonosian war room too? Love that setting. I'd love a playset of the war room with the big holo battle display and teeny tiny holo versions of the republic gunship and AT-TE's and spider droids. That'd be cool.

Sorry wandering into off topic wishful thinking :D

rebelscum just posted pics of the deluxe Mace brown droid variant. Not terribly brilliant pics but cool all the same and they say that these are showing up now. WOOHOO!!! :D

KingOfSting
06-30-2002, 08:48 PM
emperor jargo do you have pics or anything to back up your claim that both color droids were in AOTC? as far as i know only the red droids were there however i may have missed the cream colored droids...

Jargo
07-01-2002, 06:51 AM
Firstly i have to say sorry. I may have been wrong about the cream droids being in the arena. I checked my picture archive and the only pic I have is one with mace and a few droids in the background. They aren't brown and they aren't cream but somewhere in between. This is most likely what i saw that made me think there were cream droids in the arena.
Secondly i found a tiny pic of the foundry as we see it when Obi first sees it. if you look at the top left corner you can clearly see the cream droids on the production line.
Thirdly I included the pic of the blue tinted battle droid that they considered. like the concept drawings that Doug Chiang did for episode one. I love the blue coloration. Obviously with the supr batle droids being blue this would have been confusing in the melee of the arena battle which is why they went for brown/red.

It would still be cool to get a blue battle droid like this though. :)

But i was sort of right and sort of wrong all at the same time. The lighting in the arena was what made me think the droids were cream.

LTBasker
07-01-2002, 09:00 AM
That Battle Droid is actually pretty cool looking, not just blue colored like the SBD's but a metallic coloring too.

The cream colored BDs seem to be in very small supply, and there seemed to be more red in the factory also. Perhaps since the Trade Fed was getting their droids over-hauled and repainted to the Red coloring, or the Reds were there for ground attacks on Geonosis and the cream ones were mainly being manufactured for the Trade Fed ships.

El Chuxter
07-01-2002, 12:06 PM
I'm not trying to report my finding, per se, so I'll put this here rather than in Just Found, but I picked up a Deluxe Mace w/ Red Droid this morning. Any word on if this is the next Bloody Luke? I'm hoping it's not too terribly rare because, as much as I don't need a fifth Mace Windu, I'm anxious to get a red BD displayed!

LTBasker
07-01-2002, 12:08 PM
Nah, that's how they'll be shipping it now. IIRC, they're also doing the 50/50 thing with Mace due to his Battle Droid originally being released in cream color just like the C2 Battle Droid.

pthfnder89
07-01-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
And there were blue pilot droids in the hanger where Dooku's speeder and the Neimodian shuttle was. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The odd thing was that the Pilot Droids shown in the Hangar were normal cream colored ones with blue markings, exactly like the Pilot Droids in EP1. They didn't appear to have ANY redish tinting.

I don't think I'll buy too many of the red BDs when them are released. Most of my current droid army is composed of POTJ Security and Boomer Damaged Droids so the red ones won't mix very well.:(

Jargo
07-01-2002, 02:49 PM
Oh for a decent pilot droid. And a full sized federation droid fighter. PK droids, dwarf spider droids, hailfire tank droids.

Wonder if the destroyer droid will come with its deflector shield dome? That'd be a helluva huge piece of clear blue plastic. Probably come in two halves that you clip together if they packed it in. It'd be so frickin' cool though! :)

Brown droids - yes, I'm only really going for them so I know which ones go with which scenes if I ever have to pack them away. Trying to untangle millions of loose battle droids isn't my idea of fun. It's bad enough untangling stormtroopers and sandtroopers by the million. :crazed: