PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Darth Vader Fgure! Not Yet Made

plo koon 200
06-29-2002, 10:09 PM
What Darth Vader figure do you think would be th best ever made? I think one with and burned up skin and robotic parts would be cool. What do you think?:eek:

MikeAndTheBots
06-29-2002, 10:15 PM
Remoavble hand, 2 piece removable helmet, metal lightsaber w/ removable blade, good articulation, and a great sculpt. I'm probably forgetting stuff...

plo koon 200
06-29-2002, 10:22 PM
And soft goods. That is number two on my list.

Rogue II
06-29-2002, 10:40 PM
And don't forget working lights on his chest and breathing sound effect. Just kidding.

rynobot
06-29-2002, 10:47 PM
enough articulation so he can fly his fighter and sit in his bombad chair.

Yar Cydoh
06-29-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
Remoavble hand, 2 piece removable helmet, metal lightsaber w/ removable blade, good articulation, and a great sculpt. I'm probably forgetting stuff...

I'd love that. :)

Sith Lord 0498
06-30-2002, 08:13 AM
1) Removable hand

2) Movie-accurate removable helmet

3) Movie-specific suit (a lot of them seem to blend the ESB and ROTJ versions of the suit)

4) Detailed injuries on Anakin's head

5) Metal lightsaber than fits in Vader's hand better than the Bespin Duel figure's does

6) Soft goods cape (BUT NOT CLOTH!!! -- it just never looks good b/c it's about as able to be miniaturized as water)

As for accessories...

Perhaps an interchangeable head with several different helmets like the ones on the POTJ "Emperor's Wrath" and "Dagobagh" Vader figures

Forhekset
06-30-2002, 02:18 PM
I'd like to see a series of 3 "Final Duel" figures, done like so:

1) Darth Vader w/ ball-socketed shoulder joints, knee articulation, soft goods cape, removable top helmet piece, removable hand, metal sabre hilt possibly (the metal ones look cool, but the plastic ones have way more detail). Basically enough articulation so that Vader can be posed into all sorts of different fighting stances as well as kneeling, etc. He could come with one of those cool blueish consoles that are in the Emperor's throne room as an accessory.

2) Luke Skywalker w/ same articulation as Vader, soft goods cloak, removable hand, extra hand w/ "battle damage" from skiff fight, metal sabre hilt possibly. Could come with another blue console, or any other cool accessory from the Emperor's throne room.

3) Emperor Palpatine w/ good articulation including knee articulation so he can be posed sitting or standing, soft goods cloak, Luke's sabre hilt, force lightning effects, POSSIBLY some ingenious way for Vader to be able to hold the Emperor over his head as he prepares to throw him to his doom. Perhaps some small crevices in the Emperor's back that Vader's hands could fit into, but made so that you wouldn't really notice them when not in use. Palpy could come with his chair on a small base and possibly a window backdrop to go behind the chair.

These might have to be deluxe figures to include so much stuff, but they'd be well worth the money if they ever got made. Maybe the throne room accessories could somehow all fit together similar to the bar pieces from the upcoming Cantina packs.

hango fett
06-30-2002, 04:36 PM
heres an idea. start a new trend with the lightsabers! have them have a magnetic hilt, and have a holster on vader/qui-gon/obi-wan/luke/anikan. that would be awsome!
peace
hango

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-30-2002, 05:32 PM
Removable hand should somehow show wires.

DeadEye
06-30-2002, 05:59 PM
Yes...they could like be very fine little painted hairs...

Nothing like wishful thinking. :D

Jek Porky 2002
06-30-2002, 06:10 PM
If Hasbro where to make a new figure of Anakin from ROTJ, would you prefer him as a holodram, like we see him in the film, or as a proper Jedi with lightsaber?

hango fett
06-30-2002, 06:11 PM
right on deadeye!
hango fett

Thunderstorm1
06-30-2002, 06:14 PM
I say Both!
In the same package would be real nice, but we know that would never happen!

Lord Tenebrous
06-30-2002, 07:41 PM
I'd prefer an updated version of Vader w/ removeable helmet. The Flashback Anakin was good enough. :)

Hasbro could do a deluxe with Vader with removeable helmet and head, and then include a funeral pyre and Jedi spirit. I'd accept the reissues from the POTF2 basic and Cinama Scene releases.

Jargo
06-30-2002, 07:46 PM
I can't see what's wrong with the ones we've already got of Anakin jedi. Vader with removable helmet could be improved on though. With a two part helmet and soft goods cape and iner robe, plenty of articulation, Saber with removable blade and a peg to attach it to his belt. I'd go for that.

MikeAndTheBots
06-30-2002, 07:52 PM
Shouldn't they have packaged Anakin with one of Luke's many non-ROTJ lightsabers since that was originally his saber?
But I don't think we need another one, I still need to hunt down those two (removable helmet Vader and flashback Anakin).

hango fett
07-01-2002, 07:02 AM
they just need for him and luke to bwe released in a final duel set...them with really good articulation and stuff...........
hango

I_Deus
07-01-2002, 07:41 AM
I would love a line of figure that had a "realistic" feel to them. Skin actually felt more like skin. That would be cool.

that would be magnificant even..

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 08:12 AM
In a few years, it'd probably happen...but by then I'd be too old for toys! :( Oh, wait...I am already!
Most people stopped when they were 11 or 12...but I didn't! :D

hango fett
07-01-2002, 08:20 AM
same here, deadeye! i'm 15 1/2 and still going strong!
peace
hango

I_Deus
07-01-2002, 08:26 AM
I'm twice your age!! Actually, my mother is 50 something and still collecting!!!

mrmiller
07-01-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by I_Deus
I would love a line of figure that had a "realistic" feel to them. Skin actually felt more like skin. That would be cool.

I shutter to think what some of you might do with a "real feel skin" Padme. :eek:

=MATT=

LTBasker
07-01-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by mrmiller

I shutter to think what some of you might do with a "real feel skin" Padme. :eek:

=MATT=

Scary. :eek:

Since they've done Ultimate 12" figures for Luke and Jango, why can't they do that with a 3 3/4" figure? A 3 3/4" Ultimate Vader set would be sweet.

I_Deus
07-01-2002, 10:19 AM
FEEL REAL PADME ! WOO HOO!!!
a little twisted? yes!

How long before we have these action figures moving on their own!!!! That would be great! Shouldnt be too hard to do either.
A microchip or two and we have Jango beating the crap out of
Jar-Jar!

bigbarada
07-01-2002, 11:36 AM
Here are the things NOT to do with a new version of Removable Helmet Vader:

No action gimmick, at all! None whatsoever! Zero! Zilch! (well, you get the idea)

No preposed action stance! (ie: no 25th Anniversary or Bespin Duel or Emperor's Wrath type poses)

Not scene specific! (We want a Vader that can be used for any scene of all three movies, so packing him without a hand and lightsaber is unforgivable - who started this whole scene specific trend anyway? They should be shot!)

Here is what to add (stuff that is possible with current toy technology):

Soft goods capes (although cloth gets dirty and frays at the edges, so use that super-soft, fabric-like plastic that is starting to be used on 12" military figures)

2-piece removable helmet (Dagobah Vader and FX-7 have proven that Hasbro can get the details right when they put some effort into it)

Removable hand with wires showing

Metal hilt saber with removable blade and put the magnet on his belt, not in his hand

Multiple points of articulation: ball socket shoulders, bending knees, elbow articulation, wrist articulation, along with the standard six point that we normally get

plo koon 200
07-03-2002, 09:46 PM
Well said and don't forget to not only have a removeable helmet but removable armor and real feel skin.

bigbarada
07-03-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by plo koon 200
Well said and don't forget to not only have a removeable helmet but removable armor and real feel skin.

Um, no. I think it would serve us to keep the requests within the bounds of reality and good sense. Just take a look at Deluxe Jango to get an idea of how easily Hasbro can screw up removable armor.

Also, never in my entire life have it ever had the urge to take off Vader's helmet and pinch his cheeks. I don't see what real-feel skin could possibly add to the desirability of a figure. And if you enjoy feeling-up your action figures then, quite frankly, you need help.

Darth Detori
07-04-2002, 08:57 PM
ok, ok, I gotta say it:

what's the big deal with soft goods???

personally I think it looks rediculous and out of place. if the whole thing is plastic, then why have soft pieces? all of the soft good figures I've seen/have just look, well, weird. Especially JSF Obi-Wan. so much so that I changed his cloak to an accessory set one. But still, I mean with plastic you can replicate flowing effects and they can make it hang in a way that looks appropriate. Bespin Vader (saga); his cape was great! (despite falling off). I just don't see the need for soft goods.

well anyway, my ideal vader:
two-piece removable helmet of course, realistically scarred face, removable hand with details, detailed metal saber w/removeable blade, magnetic waist so that the hilt can hang there as well, ball-jointed shoulders, heck ball-joints everywhere! or whatever you call it when you have two joints where one swivels and the other rotates (or something). both hands in a good position where he can both hold his saber and do the choking grip. and if that ain't enough, he could have, I don't know, a plank or perhaps the railing where he throws off the emperor. oh, and maybe extra hands that are open so that he can throw off the emporor.

bigbarada
07-04-2002, 10:26 PM
People like soft goods (meaning cloth accessories) on figures since they don't interfere with the figure sitting down like the plastic ones tend to do. Kind of hard to fit Vader into his TIE Fighter or Ben into the landspeeder if their legs are immobilized by a plastic cloak.

I've been looking at the plastic used for many of the LOTR figures and for some 12" military toys and think that a super-soft molded plastic cape and cloak would be just as versatile as a cloth cape or cloak. This way you could have the realistic look and durability of a plastic cape along with the unobtrusiveness of a cloth cape.

Rogue II
07-04-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
People like soft goods (meaning cloth accessories) on figures since they don't interfere with the figure sitting down like the plastic ones tend to do. Kind of hard to fit Vader into his TIE Fighter or Ben into the landspeeder if their legs are immobilized by a plastic cloak.

I've been looking at the plastic used for many of the LOTR figures and for some 12" military toys and think that a super-soft molded plastic cape and cloak would be just as versatile as a cloth cape or cloak. This way you could have the realistic look and durability of a plastic cape along with the unobtrusiveness of a cloth cape.

Yes. Love the soft goods. Compare POTF2 and POTJ Lando. POTJ is WAY better.

I think the cape on the gunner station Vader ok.

I'm still waiting for the soft good Ben. We're going on our 2nd Landspeeder. For the meantime, I may have to track down an accessory pack with a robe in it.

plo koon 200
07-07-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
If Hasbro where to make a new figure of Anakin from ROTJ, would you prefer him as a holodram, like we see him in the film, or as a proper Jedi with lightsaber?

How about a hologram with softgoods.

Rogue II
07-08-2002, 07:09 AM
We already have the Ghost Anakin from the Cinema Scene.

I would like to see General Veers with a mini-hologram Vader.