PDA

View Full Version : Did Jango loose a gun?

Jayspawn
06-30-2002, 04:09 AM
This is pretty trivial, but maybe worth chatting about. Ok, think back to Episode II. During the fight scene between Obi-Wan and Jango Fett on Kamino. Obi-Wan runs out the door with his lightsaber, Jango Fett pulls out 2 guns and fires at him. Jango takes off before Obi-Wan can get to him, then flys to a nearby tower and fires a missle at him, knocking Obi-Wan off his feet.

Now...

Jango had 2 guns. During his fight with Obi-Wan, Jango struggles to get one of his blasters back. Where did the other one go?

- Jango holds up Anakin with one blaster in the droid factory when he says "Don't move Jedi."

- Jango shoots the Jedi off the balcony at the arena on Geonosis with one blaster.

- Jango decides to take on Mace Windu with one blaster.

I'm guessing he lost one of them on Kamino during his fight with Obi-Wan somewhere. Thoughts?

Beast
06-30-2002, 04:11 AM
You can see one of Jango's blasters go flying during the fight on Kamino. There is even a very brief shot of the gun laying in the rain on the landing pad, I believe. I don't see why Jango wouldn't have had a few spare blasters on the Slave 1, if it has a full armory with extra backpacks and armor. I need to see the movie again, are you sure he only has one during the Arena battle? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-30-2002, 07:16 AM
I'm fairly sure he originally pulls out two guns in the Arena which can be seen in publicity pics and he loses them when he gets trampled by the Reek but is only able to find one.

On Kamino I do believe he also lost one during the fight when Obi-Wan anchored down the grapple line and sent Jango crashing into the landing pad.

DeadEye
06-30-2002, 09:48 AM
He only had one at the arena. After he shot Coleman Trebor and did the cowboy twirl and holstered the blaster in his right holster, there was no blaster in his left holster.

BlahBlahBlah
06-30-2002, 07:32 PM
I think it's right after Jango's jetpack takes off and explodes, that he stands up and grabs his blaster that fell in the rain. I'm pretty sure his other was holstered at this point. Obi Wan runs up and does that big kick, sending Jango over the edge and his blaster flies from his hand.

That's the way I remember it. Could be wrong though. He definately uses only one blaster in the arena.

DeadEye
06-30-2002, 07:49 PM
Maybe he simply chose to use only one blaster in the arena, favoring accuracy over speed. :)

Darth Sidious
06-30-2002, 09:07 PM
He also shot the Reek with one blaster. I think he did lose one, or maybe he was just not using one. If I see it for a 4th time Ill look.

DeadEye
06-30-2002, 09:46 PM
I insist that at the arena he only had one blaster the whole time. When he stood beside Hertius Dooku his second holster was empty.

Jedi Clint
06-30-2002, 10:20 PM
You are correct DeadEye. Jango lost his second blaster when Kenobi kicked him over the edge of the landing platform.

DeadEye
06-30-2002, 10:51 PM
It's cool being right all the time! :D

Sorry for boasting.

:cry: