PDA

View Full Version : An interesting scene opporunity missed?

LTBasker
06-30-2002, 07:22 AM
I was watching the E1 DVD tonight and got to thinking that since Anakin was so filled with fear, does anyone think it would've been interesting if when they were leaving the Council room that when he sees Eeth Koth he freezes up and gives him a dirty look due to his resemblance to Maul?

I know Anakin didn't see all of Maul's head, but he could have at least seen the front horns and recognized the species from Eeth's front horns and with the fear built-up inside him (and with the fact he was almost Tatooine road-kill thanks to Maul) he could've had a slight grudge against Maul's species.

I just thought it would've been an interesting addition to the scene as just a small connection to how he feels about the other Jedi in E2.

Jek Porky 2002
06-30-2002, 11:33 AM
It could work I suppose, or he could sort of flinch as he walks past and then give him a dirty look.

JediTricks
06-30-2002, 10:37 PM
I thought Maul's horns were covered by his hood, thus the only similarity between Eeth and Maul wouldn't be visible to young Ani at that time.

Nebulaz
07-03-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I thought Maul's horns were covered by his hood, thus the only similarity between Eeth and Maul wouldn't be visible to young Ani at that time.

the tattoos are both similar on their faces.

JediTricks
07-04-2002, 03:41 AM
IMO, not really, Eeth's are faint and not that intricate, black on light tan skin; Maul's tats on the other hand are very intricate and red on black skin.

Beast
07-04-2002, 03:49 AM
Not to mention, Anakin never got a really good look at Maul's face anytime in the movie. Maybe at the end when he's hiding in the cockpit of the Naboo Starfighter. But early in the movie, he dropped to the ground, and then quickly ran off when Qui-Gon told him to. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-04-2002, 03:52 AM
That's true, he could've seen Maul without the cloak in the hangar before taking off and then seen Eeth during the funeral scene and doen the scene thing there, but I think it would've just ended up being treated like a "yipee!" scene.

Obi-Don
07-04-2002, 03:27 PM
The thing that bothered me about that,is these guys are masters in the force and should know that a child would be afraid. He has left his mother,the only life he has known and now in front of the most powerfull people and well know in the galaxy. I know I would be on edge to,who wouldn't.

Nebulaz
07-05-2002, 02:25 AM
Well if the dark side clouds all, i guess it clouded their sight as well.

RooJay
07-10-2002, 11:32 PM
I was actually a bit surprised to find out that Maul and Eeth Koth were supposed to be of the same species; they resemble each other very little in my opinion. I doubt Anakin would've really noted the slight similarities anyway.

Still, it would've been nice to see a few more of the Jedi Council members interacting with the main cast.

Nebulaz
07-11-2002, 01:30 AM
Not trying to offend you but do you look like Shaq or Mike tyson?
Just because they're of the same species doesnt mean exact similarities.

RooJay
07-11-2002, 05:03 AM
Not offended at all, but we're talking about alien races not humans, which both Tyson and Shaq obviously are (goats and gazelles both have horns and fur, does that make them the same species in your opinion? Those two species of animal have more of a similarity in features than Darth Maul and Eeth Koth.).

AdmiralPiett
07-11-2002, 05:42 AM
Did any of you ever consider what would've happened if Watto had bet and lost both Anakin and his mother? I wonder where his mother would've stayed as he trained or if she would've been involved in his life at all. just a thought.
Piett

Nebulaz
07-11-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
Not offended at all, but we're talking about alien races not humans, which both Tyson and Shaq obviously are (goats and gazelles both have horns and fur, does that make them the same species in your opinion? Those two species of animal have more of a similarity in features than Darth Maul and Eeth Koth.).

I do see your point, but when you think about horns on gazelles, they do have different patterns, angles, lengths and so forth that distinguish them. Same with goats the extermities of their horns, help tell the difference. But yes I do agree that EK and DM arent exactly similar in appearences.

RooJay
07-11-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Nebulaz
I do see your point, but when you think about horns on gazelles, they do have different patterns, angles, lengths and so forth that distinguish them.

HEY! Just like Eeth Koth and Darth Maul!;)

Jedi Knightrider
07-11-2002, 07:21 PM
They could be different races of the same species (going with your "do you look like Shaq or Mike Tyson point, which I feel is rather presumptuous.) It's also hard to tell what Maul would look like without the tatoos, and what exactly are tatoos, and skin, if there is any skin showing at all. I agree that Anakin probably wouldn't have made any connection between the two.

RooJay
07-11-2002, 07:43 PM
That's very true, though a bit beside the point; it has been established by Lucasfilm that they are indeed the same species. I was simply making the point that they do not look as such, and Anakin, in all likelyhood, would never have made that assumption.