PDA

View Full Version : Did Senator Palpy seem paler in AOTC than in TPM?

scruffziller
06-30-2002, 08:30 PM
I think in AOTC the dark side is starting to take it's toll on Palpy.
He seems whiter in the skin than before.:rolleyes:

DeadEye
06-30-2002, 08:47 PM
Yeah. That's pretty noticable. He also have mottled skin with age spots. :p

LTBasker
06-30-2002, 09:26 PM
Since he's the Supreme Chancellor and theres the whole Separitists thing going on, I get the feeling he would've been going in the senate chamber more than before and it didn't look too sunny in there. ;)

scruffziller
06-30-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
I think in AOTC the dark side is starting to take it's toll on Palpy.
He seems whiter in the skin than before.:rolleyes:
I should clarify that the reason that Palpy looks the way he does in ROTJ (and Vader as well) is that being vessels of the Dark Side as they were has significant physical effects, one making you look as white as a ghost. Basically their bodies are being destroyed.

DeadEye
06-30-2002, 09:52 PM
Exactly. The evil power eats away at their bodies and makes them decay.

therock0603
06-30-2002, 10:18 PM
Or maybe he's just getting physically older.... hmmm, makes sense to me.

chewie
07-01-2002, 01:39 AM
Dark side aging apparently doesn't do too much physically to a person. Palpatine in RotJ looks pretty much like my grandmother who is in her late 80s. If anything, it seemingly only rots teeth and may induce albinism.

Beast
07-01-2002, 01:47 AM
Well, Palpatine in TPM is supposed to be 52 years old, according to his charecter profile on the Behind the Scenes CD-rom that came out for TPM. So that would make him 62 in AOTC's, and 65-66 in EIII. Which places him at 84 in ANH, around 87 in ESB, and somewhere between 88-89 in ROTJ. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-01-2002, 04:17 AM
Thanks Binksy :)

Deadeye, if the Dark Side was making him "decay", shouldn't he have been long dead by ROTJ since he's already rotten in AOTC ? :confused:

If anything, it makes him stronger . . . not much stronger than Mr. Burns :D , but still stronger than your average 90 year old. :)

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 08:22 AM
Well...it made him decay but the evil power kept him alive. After all, in ROTJ all we saw were his face and hands...he could have been covered with dead flesh, had synthetic legs and a fake butt, faulty kidneys, and more! :D

darthvyn
07-01-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
If anything, it makes him stronger . . . not much stronger than Mr. Burns :D , but still stronger than your average 90 year old. :)

but Mr. Burns is "innnnvincible...."

for all your questions about the dark side, just look to my signature!

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 10:03 AM
Darthvyn, I agree with your sig completely! :D

As for Mr. Burns..."Invincible." "No, in fact even the slightest breeze could--" "Invincible! Sorry about you, Smithers. How many eggs did they say it laid in your brain?" "Frankly, sir, one is too many."
:)

darthvyn
07-01-2002, 12:15 PM
"hysterical pregnancy?"

"uh, yeah..."

"Juvenile diabetes?"

"a little bit, yeah..."

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 02:20 PM
Yes! I've always said--everything you need to know about life, you can learn from the Simpsons. :D

anarky
07-01-2002, 02:30 PM
if palpatine had a fake butt, did he still have to go to the bathroom--or did he sit in his throne all day because the pain from the constipation prevented his moving?

scruffziller
07-01-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Thanks Binksy :)

Deadeye, if the Dark Side was making him "decay", shouldn't he have been long dead by ROTJ since he's already rotten in AOTC ? :confused:

Well maybe not so much age wise but the Albinism for certain, just look at Vader, I know you think the helmet being sheilded out of the light did that but it wasn't. But also look at one of Qui-Gonns apprentices that turned to the dark side on that Scholastic book I think it was Xandievr, Xaster, something like that, he is white as a ghost!
That is possibly why Maul chose that full body tatoo, he knew the risks of usin the darkside and wanted to preserve his look. And what about Palpy's assistances they look chalk white too. The ones following him out of the shuttle.

darthvyn
07-01-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by anarky
if palpatine had a fake butt, did he still have to go to the bathroom--or did he sit in his throne all day because the pain from the constipation prevented his moving?

dude, ninja's would TOTALLY wail on a guitar and make his chest and butt explode! HARD!

WOOO HOOOO!!!! post number

TOOSEVENDYSICKS!!!

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 07:27 PM
Palpatine's throne might have had a built-in toilet...that's why he never got out of it! :p

Whoo! Post number ATEAYTYSEVEN!

Lobito
07-02-2002, 03:15 PM
Well maybe not so much age wise but the Albinism for certain, just look at Vader, I know you think the helmet being sheilded out of the light did that but it wasn't. But also look at one of Qui-Gonns apprentices that turned to the dark side on that Scholastic book I think it was Xandievr, Xaster, something like that, he is white as a ghost!

Qui Gonn's apprentice is called Xanatos. The only two guys that does not have the albinism effect are Darth Maul and Count Dooku. Now by the look of it...K-3PO is a sith droid!!:eek: :D

scruffziller
07-27-2002, 08:17 AM
Here is the proof I had been searching for.
Read this about Palpy in the Expanded Universe about what it says about his body.

Palpitine Expanded Universe (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/palpatine/eu.html)

tagmac
07-28-2002, 12:08 AM
"....and I will even learn how to stop people from dying."

I think that link has also explained that line, as many have suggested Anakin will learn in Ep. III.

2-1B
09-30-2007, 01:16 PM
He was able to run around pretty well in ROTS, no youth lost there.