PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pepsi!

bandontherun
06-30-2002, 10:44 PM
I thought they were going to continue the SW cans. All I see is regularly-packaged Pepsi. Is this just in my area, or is it nationwide?

Master Goeweins
06-30-2002, 10:50 PM
It appears to only be in Japan for the moment. I wish it was otherwise. The pictures of the cans that I have seen are even better than the Ep.1 cans. That was a fun thing to collect.

Except for when I got looks and comments from Circle K staff when I was picking the perfect can from the coolers.

scruffziller
07-01-2002, 12:01 AM
Just wait till the cans come in a collector's case.

Geonosian
07-02-2002, 12:15 AM
Hell yeah.

bandontherun
07-15-2002, 12:54 AM
I hope they come out soon.

And an Unleashed Kit Fisto figure would be awesome Geonosian.

2-1B
07-15-2002, 12:58 AM
I'm still procrastinating in draining my TPM cans.

Beast
07-15-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
I'm still procrastinating in draining my TPM cans.
Warning, do not put off draining them much longer. All of my Pepsi and most of the Mountain Dew cans that were on display in closed off bedroomn leaked. The sugar ate thru the bottom of the can. The Diet Pepesi and Pepsi One were fine though. Luckily nothing got ruined, but it's still a pain in the arse. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-15-2002, 02:57 AM
Thanks buddy, but I checked them recently and they are all in top shape! :)
I'd like to find someone to accept a dare and try a sip of Mountain Dew, but so far - no takers. :D I bet the Pepsi in those cans is wretched. Then again, Pepsi is wretched to begin with so that's a pretty safe bet. :dead:

More realistically, I should just empty the cans and recycle them.
I got the Pepsi promotional card set, and it features all 24 cans plus all the info they contain.

Beast
07-15-2002, 03:05 AM
If I lived closer I would take you up on the dare. I got sprayed in the face by the soda when I was emptying the cans that didn't leak. It wasnt that bad tasting, but it definatly wasn't good either. And no knocking Pepsi, Cherry Pepsi kicks arse. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
07-15-2002, 10:57 AM
Our problem in the USA is that they are wasting too much time on that no-talent Britney Spears. If I see one more commercial with her stupid lip-synching face in it I am going to buy Coke products exclusively.

2-1B
07-15-2002, 11:04 AM
JP,
it was actually Coca-Cola who hired Brit to do Pepsi ads. ;)
They were banking on the idea that good folks like yourself would boycott the rival out of disgust.
Here, have a Vanilla Coke on me! :happy:

InsaneJediGirl
07-15-2002, 12:28 PM
I agree with JP.:D

If I see one more Pepsi commerical with Britney Spears in it,I'm going to rip my eyes out Event Horizon style.:crazed:

Master Goeweins
07-15-2002, 12:35 PM
DRAIN YOUR CANS! Some of my cans leaked all over my shelves while I was away, and that was no fun at all. My friend's cans did the same as well, but he was home at the time and saved it from ruining his stuff. This is a common problem, not just a random event. I didn't want to empty mine and got it.

Thumb Wars
07-15-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Warning, do not put off draining them much longer. All of my Pepsi and most of the Mountain Dew cans that were on display in closed off bedroomn leaked. The sugar ate thru the bottom of the can. The Diet Pepesi and Pepsi One were fine though. Luckily nothing got ruined, but it's still a pain in the arse. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

i still have all of my cans full with no problem. i was hoping that they would do another run for aotc. but it took me a bit to find all of them. then my stupid cat knocked down my anakin can and i had to find another. that took a while.

by the way, jarjarbinks, do you like thumb wars??? i thought it was hillarious!!

Dar' Argol
07-15-2002, 10:54 PM
Hmmmm . . . . . . . all of my cans are full too. But when I recently unpacked them I found my Jabba can to be half full and there was dried soda on some of the other cans, But the most perplexing thing is that there is no hole in the Jabba can. I turned it every which way to try to get it to leak angain and it didn't. Oh well:rolleyes:

MikeAndTheBots
07-15-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Hmmmm . . . . . . . all of my cans are full too. But when I recently unpacked them I found my Jabba can to be half full and there was dried soda on some of the other cans, But the most perplexing thing is that there is no hole in the Jabba can. I turned it every which way to try to get it to leak angain and it didn't. Oh well:rolleyes:
Same thing happened with my Watto can. It ruined one shelf of my book shelf so I was pretty mad. I had to empty each can one by one. You know how each one had a word on them, well what did it say when you put it together?

Dar' Argol
07-15-2002, 11:33 PM
I had a list somewhere of all the words, but I was never able to make anything out of it:(. I know they were put there to torture me!!!!

Master Goeweins
07-16-2002, 12:53 PM
That was how it happened with mine. My guess is that the seal at the pop top broke a thin line. Still I could not get and more soda to come out until I opened it. The pressure made a fine mist come out of the can until the pressure was gone.

Thumb Wars
07-16-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
I had a list somewhere of all the words, but I was never able to make anything out of it:(. I know they were put there to torture me!!!!

so did anyone ever figure the words out?? i started to notice them about the 7th can i got, but i was never able to make anything out of it.