PDA

View Full Version : If Jango is so good why does he need Zam?

Mace Windex
06-30-2002, 10:53 PM
Anyone wonder the purpose for Zam Wessell even being in AOTC? If Jango is such a great bounty hunter why does he need to hire Zam to kill Amidala?
I'm a little, no, a lot confused.

MikeAndTheBots
06-30-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Mace Windex
Anyone wonder the purpose for Zam Wessell even being in AOTC? If Jango is such a great bounty hunter why does he need to hire Zam to kill Amidala?
I'm a little, no, a lot confused.
As a decoy almost. So if he got caught he wouldn't get in too much trouble. She got caught and had her arm chopped off then, he killed her for talking. Too much risk.

LTBasker
06-30-2002, 11:01 PM
Plus she's a shape shifter and can get into places easier. I'm sure someone would get suspicious of Jango if he tried to sneak into Naboo craft wearing just a Naboo cap on his helmet. :p

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I'm sure someone would get suspicious of Jango if he tried to sneak into Naboo craft wearing just a Naboo cap on his helmet. :p

:D

scruffziller
07-01-2002, 11:13 AM
YES THIS IS MY FACE!!!! So i have to wear a pilots helmet over it.

Jonna
07-01-2002, 11:31 AM
Why get your hands dirty when you can have someone else do it for you?

anarky
07-01-2002, 02:26 PM
exactly, jonna

tyrannus may also have warned jango of the possibility of jedi interference--after all, he and sidious are masterminding the whole thing--and jango, as the clone parent, is too valuable to kill

i'm still not decided on whether the sith expected the jedi to commandeer the clones or not--it's likely they planned for jango to be alive and well through the clone wars

Mace Windex
07-01-2002, 04:20 PM
i'm still not decided on whether the sith expected the jedi to commandeer the clones or not--it's likely they planned for jango to be alive and well through the clone wars [/B]

Sure they did. Sidious is playing THEEE sides! First, he is the unknowing, unassuming Palpatine. Next, he uses his pawns (aka Nute Gunray, the geonosans) to make like they will be led to take over the Jedi. Of course, that is Palpatine's ultimate goal, but he uses that build up to get the army approved. It's there, we might as well use it! The cool thing will be just how Palpatine turns everyone against the Jedi. Hopefully, EP III will tel

Jedi Clint
07-01-2002, 04:21 PM
Plan A was to kill Padme (leader of the opposition to the military creation act). Once the measure passed, it would no longer be an issue and acquisition of the Clone Army would have been a snap. I bet Palps thinks in retrospect that Plan B worked out peachy. ;)

anarky
07-01-2002, 04:34 PM
i agree to a point--but when padme is not assassinated, sidiotine allows anakin to be separated from anakin--i'm not sure whether the darths wanted obi-wan to discover kamino and jango fett and eventually follow them to geonosis

in any case, once that has happened, sidiotine manipulates the jedi into taking over the army--i'm sure he hopes that the jedi dispatched to geonosis will be killed before yoda arrives

Mace Windex
07-01-2002, 04:59 PM
Palpating WANTED Ani to be away from Obiwan. He has planned the entire thing! This guy is the MASTER of manipulation!

anarky
07-01-2002, 05:06 PM
exactly--i'm not disagreeing with you--it's easier to corrupt a headstrong young padawan away from his master--and with the girl of his dreams

the only point that i'm not sure sidiotine planned is whether he intended the jedi to find kamino--though i'm sure his backup plan was already in place long beforehand

zam was disposable, and so was jango--but i think jango was a little less disposable to the sith

Jedi Clint
07-01-2002, 05:26 PM
He dealt with the situation as it changed. He is an opportunist and he has amazing fore-sight. He is not omnipotent and able to control every action by every entity that could possibly factor into the machinations he uses to attain his goals. Part of the charm of his character is that he has an amazing ability to role with the punches. He can use his abilities as a cleric to manipulate on a grand scale, but I don't think he controls every detail to the equivalent degree of a deity. He has back-up plans for back-up plans.

Lobito
07-02-2002, 03:24 PM
Sure they did. Sidious is playing THEEE sides! First, he is the unknowing, unassuming Palpatine. Next, he uses his pawns (aka Nute Gunray, the geonosans) to make like they will be led to take over the Jedi. Of course, that is Palpatine's ultimate goal, but he uses that build up to get the army approved. It's there, we might as well use it! The cool thing will be just how Palpatine turns everyone against the Jedi. Hopefully, EP III will tel

Exactly!! I'm sure that Count Dooku is not aware that Palpatine is Darth Sidious, he is manipulating everyone to set his rise to Emperor.

anarky
07-02-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
I'm sure that Count Dooku is not aware that Palpatine is Darth Sidious, he is manipulating everyone to set his rise to Emperor.

interesting idea--i'd not thought of that--it could make for some intriguing possibilities for e3

excellent work, l

Mace Windex
07-04-2002, 10:17 PM
I'm sure Dooku knows who he is. I just don't get why Dooku became bad anyway? What does he get for helping Sidious? Also, if Yoda was his teacher why did he go astray?
Hmmmm

Obi-Don
07-04-2002, 10:45 PM
Zam was nothing but the fall guy or gal in this case.

I think Dooku has his own plans and saw this as a way to get them done. I don't think he knows what he is getting into and who he is dealing with.

jjreason
07-07-2002, 03:02 PM
Dooku knows full well Palpatine is Darth Sidious. How else can you explain his chat with the incarcerated Obi Wan on Geonosis?

"Hundreds of senators are now under the influence of a Dark Lord of the Sith known as Darth Sidious."

Zam is expendable bait used to lure the Jedi to Geonosis via Kamino. If Obi Wan never went to Kamino to find Jango, how else would the Jedi council have learned that the army was already created? They were only voting on whether or not they WOULD create an army. If the vote had taken place and they had not known about the prepared clone army, they would have likely started enlisiting soldiers.
Palpatine wanted the Jedi council to know about the prepared army so that he could put them into play legally through manipulation. This way Palpatine has the army of his dreams at his fingertips with the minimum amount of waiting. Nicely planned out.

Lobito
07-08-2002, 03:41 PM
Dooku knows full well Palpatine is Darth Sidious. How else can you explain his chat with the incarcerated Obi Wan on Geonosis?

"Hundreds of senators are now under the influence of a Dark Lord of the Sith known as Darth Sidious."

I dont know...i still have doubts about this one. Dooku tried to convince OB1 to join him against Darth Sidious but OB1 refused. Then he planned to kill OB1 giving the Genosians a show in the Arena. Dooku could have told OB1 that Sidious is Palpatine...maybe in that way OB1's opinion could have changed. Also...Jango said Tyranus hired him to make the clone army, but how come they dont have the army operational?? I think sidious planed this part without the knowledge of Dooku. Playing both parts with none of his pawns knowing of it. Thats just my opinion.

jjreason
07-08-2002, 11:24 PM
To make the army operational before it was legal would have revealed the army to the Jedi. An investigation would have been done into who placed the order and who authorized it. The longer Palpatine could keep it secret, the better. Im sure he could have dealt with the fallout should it have been revealed, but he didn't have to.
He engineered the removal of Kamino from the Jedi archives for the same reason.
Basically, he chose the army he wanted and got it put together without detection - without a doubt at some fantastic cost to the Jedi order or republic gov't. How he hid or deferred these costs is an interesting side-point, maybe one that could be discussed in this forum separately.
Dooku was playing on Obi Wan's attachment to Qui Gon Jinn. Asking Obi Wan to join him was a ploy to gain his trust and possibly use him to further the Sith cause. Of course Obi Wan could sense this was not the way to go, and told Dooku to pound sand. Dooku know doubt contacted Sidious and informed him of the capture of Obi Wan Kenobi. The discussion would be a familiar one:

"Master, we have captured Kenobi."
"Good. Destroy him."
"If he could be turned, he would be a powerful ally."
"I agree. If he will not turn, he can then be destroyed."
"Of course, my master. As you command."
"Everything is progressing as I have foreseen."

Not in the movie, but not hard to imagine. I think that for Palpatine to have Dooku's unwavering support, he would have to trust him enough to reveal his identity. There can be no doubt that Dooku is completely aligned with the Sith order. The implications of having his amassed separatist forces pitted against the clone army is simply to throw up smoke and mirrors around the real alliance between Dooku and Palpatine. The conflict is simply a tool to further Palpatine's cause.
The two leaders are on the same side, not opposite as their armies would have you believe. Palpatine chose Dooku to solidify and amass an enemy to the Republic great enough to warrant the creation of his "Grand army".
Of course, that's all speculation. It's just the way that makes most sense in my mind.