PDA

View Full Version : Episode VII

Jek Porky 2002
07-01-2002, 05:17 PM
O.K I dont know weather this will work or not, but I was thinking that between us, we could write our own Star Wars; Episode VII- ???? ???? ????. Basically just write your ideas below this and then we'll pick out the best and somehow put them all together.
Here's a few to get us started:
aroound 4 years after battle of endoor
Luke is full Jedi
The Galaxy has undergone massive change
Formation of the New Republic
Chancellor Mon Mothma
Liea ready to start Jedi training

that's about it for now, hope to here some of yours!

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 05:38 PM
The critically-acclaimed John Rassick series is already well-established as Episode IX. :D

Jek Porky 2002
07-01-2002, 05:52 PM
I don't mean we write THE Episode VII, I meen our own version.

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 08:33 PM
Like I said, I've already done that! And read my sig and you'll know we can't improve upon such a perfection! ;)

Sorry. Couldn't control myself. :D

Jedi Juice
07-01-2002, 10:47 PM
I'm glad the SSG forums don't have any conceded members....... just messing!

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 11:40 PM
I was just messing too...so there! :D

(And it's "conceited." I think. :p)

Jedi Juice
07-02-2002, 01:26 AM
Well, sunny beach, it sure is "conceited." Oh well, at least we were both messing around.

jjreason
07-02-2002, 03:42 AM
4 years after I'd like to delve a little deeper into a new evil developing.
There has to be political intrigue, corruption in the senate, commerce guilds, trade federations, banking clans etc. clammering for tax benefits, you get the picture. Everything old is becoming new again (we're doomed to repeat our history). The New Republic is experiencing growing pains, and it's up to Luke Skywalker to re-establish the Jedi order (I know it's been done, but it kind of HAS to be, right?) to maintain peace.
I want to know more about Chewie and Kashyyyk. Could we go there to expunge small rebel contingent that has managed to hang on?
Last, we need a figure of evil. Maybe a sith holocron falls into the wrong hands (hang on, Im going now!), those belonging to Ginn Nosare who is force sensitive but was refused acceptance into the Jedi program.
Ginn doesn't understand why, as his younger brother Pik was accepted. Pik is not as gifted as Ginn at first sight, but has a truer heart.
Jealous Ginn travels to the academy for a visit and talks to his brother, who of course starts to listen to his brother's now-sith-influenced ideas. Ginn asks Pik to come with him and train. Pik struggles with the courses laid out in front of him, but stays in training with Luke.
By the end of the show, the jealous Ginn exposes himself and attacks Luke who easily defeats him and kills him. This affects the younger Pik strongly. Pik is visited by the ghost of Ginn and is instructed to continue with the training in order to become stronger. When he is fully trained, then he can break away from the order and avenge his brother.
I like watching someone struggle morally. I wonder what Pik will do?

JediTricks
07-02-2002, 03:54 AM
I actually had a concept for a 7,8,9 series of films. It can be found in this post from November (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=18542#post18542) (it's in an old thread about 7,8,9), but it's been posted before that too:

I know I've said this before, but personally, I'd like to see a sequel trilogy about Leia. The prequels are the "Anakin" trilogy, the classic trilogy is the "Luke" trilogy, so I'd like to see one about Leia. If Lucas had started this back in '97, he could have still used the same actors, but I think it'd be pushing it to start here. My idea was that Leia could be an important New Republic ambassador and her Force powers begin really growing, but since Luke has become very reclusive with his Jedi trainees, Luke has cut himself off from Leia and Han, and Leia begins growing powerful with the dark side. Thus, Han would have to make the effort to seek Luke out, and they'd have to work together to save Leia from destroying herself, the new republic, and the galaxy WITHOUT killing her. I picture Leia first showing her dark tendencies during an ambassadorial mission which turns out to be an ambush, and Leia simply cuts the enemy forces down with her dark powers (and a handy purple lightsaber ;)).

jjreason
07-02-2002, 04:31 AM
That's pretty good. All is not lost, I thought the Final Fantasy movie was well done. It proved an important point - actors are optional! If GL would allow people to continue on with these characters in movie or TV format, it should be done CG. It would be way too hard to get used to new actors in these roles. CG has it's limitations, but they're getting harder and harder to see, especially in "blended" shots like in LOTR. Those were nearly seamless to me, and I watched that movie on a HUGE screen. So many opportunities; part of me hopes he turns over the reigns after epIII to new blood and stays on in a supervisory role.

Exhaust Port
07-02-2002, 08:53 AM
I would like to see anything that would make for some great figures and ships. Huge space and planetary battles with immense armies fighting it out. I guess there would need to be a plot too. :)

lunchymeatball
07-02-2002, 09:10 AM
To see the New Republic falling to the same traps of greed, power and wealth. Ultimately ending in the destruction of Coruscant, with the new republic emerging as tyrannical as the Empire.
A discovery of another Sith dominated planet for the new Jedi order to do battle with (I will have my pitch battle between Jedi and Sith)
A universal turning point where the decision between good (peace'n' harmony) and evil (war that involves the whole galaxy) is made.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-02-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
If Lucas had started this back in '97, he could have still used the same actors, but I think it'd be pushing it to start here.

I don't know about that JT. If Lucas did stick with Carrie Fisher they'd have to CG off all those pounds and have someone else do her voice. She sounds a lot like Lucille Ball did after smoking all those Virginia Slims for 30 years. ;)

jjreason
07-02-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

I don't know about that JT. If Lucas did stick with Carrie Fisher they'd have to CG off all those pounds and have someone else do her voice. She sounds a lot like Lucille Ball did after smoking all those Virginia Slims for 30 years. ;)

She was not looking like Leia in Jay and Bob Strike Back, that's for sure....maybe one of Leia's twin older sisters Patty and Selma, but not Leia.

They either need to stay away from these characters or use CG. On the other hand Mark Hamill hasn't aged a bloody day, he could still be a pretty good mentor-Luke. He hasn't really had a ton of other jobs, he might agree to do it! Let's give him a call!

JediTricks
07-03-2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by jjreason
That's pretty good. All is not lost, I thought the Final Fantasy movie was well done. It proved an important point - actors are optional! If GL would allow people to continue on with these characters in movie or TV format, it should be done CG. It would be way too hard to get used to new actors in these roles. Glad you liked my idea. I guess you're right about CG actors, but I don't know if Lucas could even get the actors back for the voice roles... and IMO the voices of the actors are vital to me.

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I don't know about that JT. If Lucas did stick with Carrie Fisher they'd have to CG off all those pounds and have someone else do her voice. She sounds a lot like Lucille Ball did after smoking all those Virginia Slims for 30 years. ;) In '97, Carrie hadn't put on the extra weight yet. Her voice was pretty harshed, but I think that could have either been retrained or "fixed in post-production". :D

pthfnder89
07-03-2002, 02:39 PM
They either need to stay away from these characters or use CG. On the other hand Mark Hamill hasn't aged a bloody day, he could still be a pretty good mentor-Luke. He hasn't really had a ton of other jobs, he might agree to do it! Let's give him a call!

I agree Mark Hamill really does look pretty good for his age, but I wouldn't quite say he hasn't aged a day. But anyone who saw him 20 years ago and then saw him today would recognize him immediately. He looks very much like his old self.:)

And he actually does work a LOT. It's just that almost all of it is behind the scenes. He's an incredible prolific voice actor; he's done voice work on just about any cartoon series you can name from the past 7 years, and lots of video games as well. He's truly a GREAT voice actor, which (as much as I love the guy) you just can't say about most of his on-camera acting.:p

I'd like to expand on Kenners never-produced Atha Prime storyline. For those who don't know the story, Kenner created an entire backstory around a new villain named Atha Prime, who used clones to attempt to take over the galaxy after ROTJ. The storyline is promising and the designs Kenner made were awesome, totally fitting to the Star Wars universe. (even more so than a lot of stuff from the Prequels I think ;)) It's too bad it never took off.

ToysRGus has some good info on it at http://www.toysrgus.com/images-conce/concept-luke.html

Mandalorian Candidat
07-03-2002, 03:39 PM

She was not looking like Leia in Jay and Bob Strike Back, that's for sure....maybe one of Leia's twin older sisters Patty and Selma, but not Leia.

LOL!! **rolling on the floor**

jjreason
07-03-2002, 08:03 PM
That would be super great if the original actors would agree to voicing the new stories, but I wouldn't count on it. They only need one man - John Lithgow - to do them all!!!!
I would like to see it go a number of ways, the suggestion of offering a weekly anthology series of separate stories in the SW universe might be the most satisfying. That way they wouldn't be tied in to big convoluted storylines.
IMO It's the villains that suffer in the EU, they just can't match the Sith/Empire. Keep anything new within that time frame, or related to them somehow. Sssssi Ruuk and Yuzhan Vong just don't feel the same somehow.