PDA

View Full Version : Bowcaster in JKII.....

yukface27
07-01-2002, 08:37 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Wookie Bowcaster Blaster in Jedi Knight II is extremely lame and inaccurate? I mean, the Bowcaster shoots metal rods that are laced in energy to go extreme speeds, right? So why the heck does the Bowcaster in JKII shoot those little energy balls? The Bowcaster is supposed to shoot like a real crossbow, where you have to load a new rod after each shot. They should have just made it accurate to how it should be, stuck a scope on it, and made it into the snipering weapon for the game. I'm usually not this over critical when it comes to stuff in the Star Wars universe, but this really ****ed me off for some reason. Anyone got any feedback?

Boba Rhett
07-01-2002, 09:31 PM
Yeah, It's basically useless as it is. :( I think I maybe was forced to use it like twice.

LTBasker
07-01-2002, 09:58 PM
I dunno, seems pretty accurate to me. It's great for shooting around corners and plus it's stronger than the Stormtrooper rifle and quicker than the disruptor plus more accurate than the flechette and repeater so when you have to snipe quickly you can just line up your cross-hair and if you use the secondary fire it's much more accurate and stronger.

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 10:41 PM
Exactly. It's the ultimate weapon (besides the lightsaber:D) and useful in basically every situation.

yukface27
07-02-2002, 03:19 AM
Ok, that's fine and dandy that it is a good weapon, but it's not realistic to how it would be in the movies and such. It's BS. Come on, does anyone see where I'm coming from?

DeadEye
07-02-2002, 09:05 AM
No, not really. :)

LTBasker
07-02-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by yukface27
Ok, that's fine and dandy that it is a good weapon, but it's not realistic to how it would be in the movies and such. It's BS. Come on, does anyone see where I'm coming from?

I don't recall it ever being fired in the movies, and if it was actually, then it sure did fire blaster bolts. Don't think they used weapons that propelled shrapnel into an enemy in SW that was a gun. Only stuff like that was the Ewok's bow & arrows.

If you read that in the EU, then it's really not canon info.

yukface27
07-02-2002, 03:23 PM
I read about how the bowcaster works in the, "Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology." I just think the little balls that the bowcaster shoots are lame as hell. It might be a good weapon, but they should go with the energized bolts, and make it the sniper rifle for the game. Damn, I wish I was a game programmer.

DeadEye
07-02-2002, 08:59 PM
Chewie fired the bowcaster in ROTJ, and its bolts were the same as those from a blaster.

There is already a mod for JK2 that gives the bowcaster the same bolts as the E11, which is what it really fires.

pthfnder89
07-03-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Chewie fired the bowcaster in ROTJ, and its bolts were the same as those from a blaster.

There is already a mod for JK2 that gives the bowcaster the same bolts as the E11, which is what it really fires.

Exactly. Theres a really good shot in ROTJ when Chewie fires at an escaping Biker Scout. It looks exactly like any other blaster bolt; it's red not green like the JK Bowcaster.

My personal least favorite weapon in JK2 is the E11. It's just wildly innaccurate and it gets me killed more often than it helps. I don't use it whenever possible. (and once you get the lightsaber, lets face it, who wants to go back to blasters;):D)

MikeAndTheBots
07-04-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

My personal least favorite weapon in JK2 is the E11. It's just wildly innaccurate and it gets me killed more often than it helps. I don't use it whenever possible. (and once you get the lightsaber, lets face it, who wants to go back to blasters;):D)
I love the e11. But I agree, once I got the saber the only blaster I used was the sniper rifle (always forget the name).

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 04:03 PM
"Tenloss DXR-6 disruptor rifle."

I always used the disruptor and the lightsaber. The alt-fire on the repeater is good for smashing Reborn when you get sick of dueling.

I like the automatic fire on the E11!!! It allows for great stormtrooper turkey shoots! :D:D:D:D

LTBasker
07-04-2002, 04:15 PM
I mainly use the lightsaber, cause it's much more of a defense as well as an offense than it was in JK. If you get sick of dueling against reborn, then just use choke to hold them then use saber throw to kill'em, they can't raise their saber to block it.
Shadowtroopers are different though, they require you to use force speed cause you gotta get them before they force push you and break the force choke concentration.

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 05:17 PM
I hate those darn Shadowtroopers.

pthfnder89
07-08-2002, 11:15 AM
I hate those darn Shadowtroopers.

Eh, I never really had a problem with them. Some Force Speed and quick saber action always seems to do them in quickly.

The only Jedi I ever had a real problem with was Desann at the end. He took a bit of time.:)

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 11:41 AM
Desann was easy. Tavion was harder, because she'd Force push me off of Cloud City and/or cut off my head. :D

pthfnder89
07-09-2002, 11:57 AM
Desann was easy. Tavion was harder, because she'd Force push me off of Cloud City and/or cut off my head. :D

Yeah it was a poor choice IMO to make Tavion so difficult and then put her right in the middle of the game. She seemed out of place.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 12:11 PM
I know, especially since your Medium stance was no match for her Fast stance.

MikeAndTheBots
07-09-2002, 04:40 PM
God Tavion was hard when I first tried against her. Not only does she have fast, but her push and lightning were more powerful than yours. And her saber throw always made me mad. Then I just used speed a ton and slashed her to death. Desann was easy.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 05:57 PM
I just cut the pillar and let it fall on Desann's head. :D

MikeAndTheBots
07-09-2002, 10:37 PM
I just cut the pillar and let it fall on Desann's head. :D
Exactly. I actually did it by accident. I threw my saber and he pushed me or the saber or something so I moved and it came toward me, knocking the pillar down on him. That was also about 15 seconds into the fight.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 10:44 PM
The fight with Desann was underwhelming. I was disappointed by it, especially after his apprentice put up such a good fight.

MikeAndTheBots
07-09-2002, 10:52 PM
The fight with Desann was underwhelming. I was disappointed by it, especially after his apprentice put up such a good fight.
The first thing I said after the column fell on him was "That's it?!?!". It would have been cooler if there was something else, something afterward. Like you need to make your way through the temple again and the reborn and shadowtroopers are more numerous so you need to kill them or something, then you find out Desann wasn't dead and go into a duel with no stupid columns or no Jedi power up thing in the middle. His powers should be toned down a bit since in a small room he'd demolish Kyle.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 11:16 PM
I thought the fight with Jerec was a better climax. Desann should've died in a cutscene, like Jerec.