PDA

View Full Version : What figures have you made?

evenflow
08-16-2001, 07:44 PM
1. Nomi Sunrider
2. Guri
3. Leebo
4. Jodo Kast
5. Teebo
6. Paploo
7. Boshek
8. Ellors Madak
9. Kir Kanos
10. Carnor Jax
11. Death Trooper
12. Wald
13. Baron Fel
14. Ak-Rev
15. Saurin
16. Gardulla the Hutt
17. Diva Shaliqua
18. Luuke
19. Yaddle
20. Fozec
21. Yarua (Wookie Senator)
22. ET Senator
23. Arica
24. K-3PO
25. Ponda Baba (Mechanical arm)
26. Gargan
27. Gen. Madine
28. Luke (Shadows)
29. Imperial Dignitary
30. Hand Maiden
31. Lowbacca
32. Davin Felth
33. Anakin Solo
34. Jacen Solo
35. Jango Fett
36. Yareal Poof
37. Luke (from his wedding)
38. Winter
39. Indiana Jones
40. Darth Bane
41. Mara Jade (wedding)
42. Vima Sunrider
43. Tott Doneeta
44. Depa Billaba
45. Givins
46. Oppo Racisis
47. Ulik Quel-Droma
48. Biggs (Academy uniform)
49. Leia (Pregnant)
50. Herat
51. Jorus C' Boath
52. Wokkling
53. Hoover
54. Bubo
55. Dice Ibegone
56. Jedi Training Remote
57. Uzay Blue Stars
58. Quilon Vos
59. Xanatos
60. Jainia Solo
61. Yuuzhan Vong Warrior
62. A'Sharad Hett

humsup
08-17-2001, 12:09 AM
1. Tusken Raider 12"
2. Death Star Trooper 12"
3. Imperial Officer 3.75"
4. R2-R9 (re-paint of EPI R2-D2)

currently in the process of making the Rebel Fleet Trooper 12". The uniform and stuffs are pretty much up except for the helmet...that's a tough one. :)

pthfnder89
08-17-2001, 02:21 PM
Jacen, Jaina and Anakin Solo, Jedi Master Luke, a random dark Jedi who looks pretty cool, and a random woman made from a slave Leia who is one of my favorites, but she still doesn't have a name.

I also made the entire set of dark Jedi from Dark Forces, Jedi Knight several years ago. Some turned out really well, some just plain sucked.:(

PloKoon2385
08-17-2001, 08:57 PM
This is my list, I just started about 3 months ago so remember that!
Wedge's Droid
Master Micah Giett
Jango Fett
Assorted droids
Leebo
C-3PX
Captain Dorja
And some more that I can't remember.......

Obi-Don
08-18-2001, 07:37 AM
Mara Jade
Jedi wookie[no name]
two dark jedi[no names]
jedi Ithornain[spelled right?]
jedi cap. tarpl.
done allot of lightsabers with some cool handles.

evenflow
08-20-2001, 10:28 AM
I will be updating my list soon, I am working on three figures. There is a Wookie Jedi named Lowbacca, just incase you didn't know.

Obi-Don
08-20-2001, 10:37 AM
Yeah I know about Lowbacca and I plan on making one , But I also like making different ones that I can add into my own universe.If you or anyone else knows where I can find a picture of Lowbacca I would be greatful.The wookie I made or just painted is grey with tan and black streaks.I thought this would be different and it did come out look pretty good.

evenflow
08-20-2001, 04:14 PM
I know that the Guide to star wars characters has a picture of Lowbacca with a little background to his character.

Fulit
08-23-2001, 07:57 PM
My little list is so lame in comparison:

1. General Dodonna (with Rebel Insignia jacket instead of trench coat)
2. Captain Antilles
3. Repainted Wicket black and white
4. Re-posed '95 Stormtroopers (cut and reglue)
5. Beedo (so simple it shouldn't even count)
6. Battle Droid with molten-metal lightsaber damage.
7. Baniss Keeg (this was challenging)

As you can see, most of mine are simple repaints. I like to take Battle Droids and other army builders and make them more interesting.

Jargo
08-24-2001, 09:44 PM
Same here.
I just took the advice of someone who posts here (I forget who it was) and used acetone to take the blacl laquer off the death star droid and reveal the silver. You gotta be careful it doesn't take the silver off too. I then painted some orange enamel paint over the whole figure and then rubbed the orange off to leave just tiny bits in the grooves and a vague rustiness to the silver. Then I mixed silver grey and black enamel to paint the eyes and painted his midriff a sort of orangey grey with silver wires. With the black traces that I left of the laquer, He looks so cool. I'm really proud of how he turned out since I checked him against source photos. For a 4 inch figure I'd say he's spot on.

Jargo
08-25-2001, 09:40 AM
Emperor Jargo's RA-7:

Obi-Don
08-25-2001, 03:18 PM
Thanks Evenflow I will look and get back with you.

evenflow
08-29-2001, 05:31 PM
Hey, no problem. Anything to help out.

I updated my list with a new custom. He is a character from Shadows of the Empire, Spero.

AmanaMatt
08-29-2001, 08:22 PM
well, my list is also kinda weak next to some of these customizing masters, but here goes:

Sandcrawler droid - similar to how Empeor Jargos looks. I ended up repainting the whole thing, which turned out well

Luke xwing: (simple boil and pop w. some repainting)

Han in Stormtrooper gear: using commtech body of Stormtrooper, commtech head of Han (though I love the new POTJ Han) and the neck thingee from the Stormtrooper Luke that came in the game with Vader discounted for like $6 at Kaybee - gotta say, this is my fav custom...damn stormtrooper body with friggin neck pin almost ended me! Drummled out Stormie head for a pseudo helmet that Han can hold at least

Rebel trooper - I used the helmet and vest on original POTF2 version, head of Rick Olie, arms and upper torso from Prune Face, with legs and lower torso from Commtech Han... then repainted the whole thing

Battle Droid (pilot) - simple repaint, which to an amateur like me is an adventure onto itself!

Emperor's Wrath Vader w/ added bommer-type electricity - not really a custom, but heck if the bommer thingees don't make this fig really look sweet...Hasbro should have included this type of accessory w/ fig

General Leia - Drummled out a pseudo helmet on the Speeder Bike version that Leia can hold and added her poncho. This sorry POTJ Leia should have come with these...what a sucko fig by itself

Failed attempts: (poss Ep II spoiler)

new Royal Guard using the POTJ Chancellor Guard...boy, were the parts of these two figs not interchangeable. The POTF2 Guard's head was like the size of the POTJ ones entire torso... (now that I saw an Ep II pic, I'll just wait)

evenflow
09-06-2001, 11:24 AM
Well, once again I have to update my list.

63. Spero
64. Sish Sadeet
65. R-3PO

Jargo
09-08-2001, 09:53 PM
Just had a little fun making this Aqualish figure. He's sort of shy looking but i really like his simplistic look. All it took was Nute gunray's body, Ponda's head and hands and Maul's cloth skirts. He has a helmet visor sort of accessory that I got from a spiderman figure but that isn't with him in this pic. What do you think (bearing in mind I'm not very experienced at customising) And aint superglue fantastic stuff?

GNT
09-10-2001, 04:56 AM
EMPEROR JARGO your aqualish youth figure is cute :D :rolleyes:

Emperor Howdy
10-02-2001, 03:03 AM
Sitting on a park bench,

Eyeing little girls with bad intent.......Aqualish.

Snot running down his nose,

Greasy fingers smearing shabby cloooo-othes....Aqualish.

Jargo
10-13-2001, 09:47 AM
I've added images of the other figures I'm working on to my website. IMPERIAL JUNKYARD. (http://website.lineone.net/~jargoboy/imperial-junkyard.html)
I'm not a fan of Jedi so most of my stuff is just scene fillers. Plus I like to imagine characters from parts of the galaxy we just don't get to see. The ordinary aliens going about their business as it were. I'm just starting out in this customising game so my stuff is mostly just parts swapping. I'm hopint to invest in some sort of Dremel to improve my skills. :)

evenflow
10-15-2001, 06:24 PM
I have been busy lately and sadly, have not had time to customize. I should soon start again.

OC47150
10-23-2001, 08:39 AM
I created a Dagobah R2 and a Tatoonie R2 earlier this month. I'm working now on a generic Rebel technician (using a peg warming old Obi Wan with the robe trimmed to a waist coat) and a generic Imperial officer.

I intend to do more customizing but just don't have the time. I'm waiting for that new Ep. 1 jedi to come out early next year before I start working on my Quilan Vos figure again.

Jargo
10-25-2001, 05:54 PM
It's weird, I've been looking around my home town for cheap crappy custom fodder. Stuff like the JP3 figures. And nowhere has them at bargain bin prices. Either everything is still at full whack months after no-one wants them, or as soon as the hullabaloo dies down the stores are binning them. I can't find diddly and I syure as hell aint paying full price for custom fodder.
So it looks like my planned Malastarian customs are gonna have to wait along with my rodian customs. :( I aint a happy bunny.

evenflow
10-26-2001, 08:34 AM
It's true sometimes its tough finding cheap stuff. When i see it though, i always stock up. You never know when you may need an arm or a leg. :)

OC47150
10-26-2001, 08:54 AM
You think that's bad. There is a KMart in my area that still has Jurrasic Park Lost World figures are regular price!!!

evenflow
12-11-2001, 02:10 PM
Well, it has been a very long time but i finally got started customizing again. :D I just finished Talon Karrde.

1. Nomi Sunrider
2. Guri
3. Leebo
4. Jodo Kast
5. Teebo
6. Paploo
7. Boshek
8. Ellors Madak
9. Kir Kanos
10. Carnor Jax
11. Death Trooper
12. Wald
13. Baron Fel
14. Ak-Rev
15. Saurin
16. Gardulla the Hutt
17. Diva Shaliqua
18. Luuke
19. Yaddle
20. Fozec
21. Yarua (Wookie Senator)
22. ET Senator
23. Arica
24. K-3PO
25. Ponda Baba (Mechanical arm)
26. Gargan
27. Gen. Madine
28. Luke (Shadows)
29. Imperial Dignitary
30. Hand Maiden
31. Lowbacca
32. Davin Felth
33. Anakin Solo
34. Jacen Solo
35. Jango Fett
36. Yareal Poof
37. Luke (from his wedding)
38. Winter
39. Indiana Jones
40. Darth Bane
41. Mara Jade (wedding)
42. Vima Sunrider
43. Tott Doneeta
44. Depa Billaba
45. Givins
46. Oppo Racisis
47. Ulik Quel-Droma
48. Biggs (Academy uniform)
49. Leia (Pregnant)
50. Herat
51. Jorus C' Boath
52. Wokkling
53. Hoover
54. Bubo
55. Dice Ibegone
56. Jedi Training Remote
57. Uzay Blue Stars
58. Quilon Vos
59. Xanatos
60. Jainia Solo
61. Yuuzhan Vong Warrior
62. A'Sharad Hett
63. Spero
64. Sish Sadeet
65. R-3PO
66. Talon Karrde

mark2d2
12-19-2001, 06:58 PM
Jargo --- very cool Aqualish. I love the timid, almost submissive pose. It's Ponda Baba's browbeaten younger brother . . . Anyway, we seem to be oddly in sync. Many months ago, for my very first batch of customs I made a whole slew of Aqualish. As I found a mess of them for $1.99, and they are perhaps my favorite under-utilized species....

First, I made Senator Bonda (totally made up name.) Just stuck Ponda's Head onto a Rune Haaku body. Thought about changing the hands, but it seemed messy, difficult, and I liked the pose they provided.

Next, I gave him his own version of a guard. I simply used a classic Darth Maul Body --- the original release --- and popped on Ponda's Head. This one turned out really cool, and I'd like to find a cloth version of the maul body to do another, so he could fly ships and stuff. For an accessory, I gave him one of those things that all the Skiff Guards came with. He looks pretty damn cool. Definitely the best of the lot, I must say. He can also wield a light saber quite well....

Now really inspired, I made an Aqualish spy -- using the body of Garindan -- minus the cape -- I found a great generic grey imperial-officer-style uniform. Of course he's forever holding his comlink, but that just makes it look like he's always got news to report. As a finishing touch, I gave him a yellow vest, from Ceremonial Luke. He's currently armed with Commtech Greedo's blaster. I'm pretty proud of this figure, because he really does look like he could be a real background character from the films.

My final attempt turned out, well . . . kind of lame. I decapitated an extra Boba Fett and slapped Ponda's Head on him. It looks, well . . . kind of silly. To recognizably Boba Fett's body, I guess. Maybe if I just paint a couple of te armor panels differently . . . I don't know . . .

Jargo
12-19-2001, 10:14 PM
If you go to my website using the link in my signature, under one of the main links you should find a page with a couple of my customs on it. can't remember which ones off the top of my head but i know there's a swoop bike there too. Not terribly impressive but I think the less flashy the job the better the job :)

incidentally, I just noticed that all my POTJ Imperial officers suffer from an affliction known as 'lower arm drops off too easily'. This means that customising is going to be a doddle with this one. Now i just need to find some nicer looking lower arms to replace the crooked ones that come off........

I've not done any customising for a while, my freighter crew are in flux right now awaiting final coats of paint and details like accessories. I did a few other aliens and I finally got my Ree Yees figures to play with exept I have no decent bodies to put the heads on right now :( I'll wait for a large episode two figure i think Maybe one of the senators or something.

Oh yeah, I'll try to get a picture of my customised Y-wing. It's only painted up dirty but it makes a difference let me tell ya! :p

evenflow
01-11-2002, 08:27 AM
67. Garm Bel Iblis

I finally got another one done.

bigbarada
01-11-2002, 02:53 PM
I've been working on a 12" Barada for what seems like ages. However, I have run into a major snag, the head I made from sculpey is too big so it looks like I'll have to start all over again.:cry:

Oh well, I might as well make the head I have done into a bust.

Jargo
01-11-2002, 03:21 PM
Cool work BB, I don't recall the character having a deformation in the shape of a huge thumb though :p No seriously it's really cool.

I don't know if we have anything like sculpey over here. There's a substance known as Fymo which is like a hard putty. You have to cure it in the oven on a low heat for about twenty minutes. Is this similar do you reckon? It comes in various different colours and in small blocks about half the size of a cigarette pack. I used to do a lot of stuff with it way back when I was making set models for theater productions.
If it's the same stuff then i may get some more and have a go at molding something myself.

What's the difference between sculpey and super sculpey? :)

bigbarada
01-11-2002, 07:35 PM
Sculpey is grey and leaves a powdery residue on your hands when you work with it. Super-Sculpey, the stuff I used on the Barada head, is flesh colored and much cleaner to work with. I don't know the real differences other than Super-Sculpey is more expensive.

Thanks for the compliment on the failed head, I was really happy with how he came out. Too bad I'll have to start over from scratch.:cry:

Jargo
01-12-2002, 03:37 PM
It's not the same stuff then. We also have something over here that is kind of like recycled paper pulp turned into modelling clay. It's totally useless for anything other than sitting in the packet unopened. Don't know why I mentioned that.......

Sounds like a kind of resin you use to me. Resin is cool. Is there a suppliers address for this sculpey/super sculpey at all? Sounds like stuff I'd like to try. Been after something to make large molded pieces for my dioramas out of that isn't heavy as hell - you're gonna tell me it is heavy now, aren't you? :(

bigbarada
01-12-2002, 06:11 PM
Uhh, well yes it does get pretty heavy when you make large pieces. The Barada head I made was too heavy for the 12" body and he kept toppling over, so I was going to try and find a way to cast it in plastic. However, you can lighten the clay up considerably by using an aluminum foil core. This helps cut weight down and saves on the expensive Sculpey which is $10 per pound!:eek:

RollaJedi
01-13-2002, 01:01 AM
I have made:

-Odan-Urr 'Jedi Knight' (from Tales of the Jedi: Golden Age of the Sith)

-Massassi Warrior (from Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War)

-Gank Killer 'Bounty Hunter' (from Dark Empire Comics)

-Gorc 'Dark Jedi' (from Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight Video Game)

-Cthon 'Subterranean Cannibal' (from Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter novel)

-Sloth 'Lotney Fratelli' (from the 1985 movie, "The Goonies")

You can see any of them at:
www.rollanet.org/~rjedi (http://www.rollanet.org/~rjedi)

evenflow
01-18-2002, 04:24 PM
I have to say, great work on Barada's head. Really nice. :)

DagMarus
01-31-2002, 09:54 PM
I made a VERY crappy Kyle Katarn and Fett with no helmet. And I cut my hand on each.

bigbarada
02-01-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
I have to say, great work on Barada's head. Really nice. :)

Thanks, I was quite proud of it, being it was my first attempt at sculpting something like that. Too bad it is too big and thus useless for a 12" figure.:(

mark2d2
02-19-2002, 03:35 PM
In preparation for the impending TIE BOMBER release -- I just made a new Aqualish pilot figure with bendable knees. I used the body from this strange speeder pack-in version of Darth Maul I got ages ago on clearance. And gave him an orange flight vest. (The Decapitated Ponda's Coat.) I left the hands. Darth was gripping his handle bars -- and now Ponda will be able to grip those groovy controls. (Check out the new detailed BOMBER pics on Rebelscum.)

Darth Ovori
02-19-2002, 04:15 PM
I wonna see more pictures... The ones I've seen thus far are cool...

ACPin
02-26-2002, 09:10 AM
Yeah! More pictures of your customs. Why not post them for all of us to see? :D

In fact, I'll start some threads from each of the movies so that all you have to do is reply to the thread and attach the image of your custom figures! :cool:

Evenflow,
Since you started this thread, can you post pics of your customs in the appropriate threads?

ACPin
02-27-2002, 11:52 PM
I'm locking this thread now since new threads for the various customs have been established. Please post your customs in the appropriate threads. :cool: