PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Smith/Endor Soldier?

c_richards
07-02-2002, 01:58 PM
I thought I would throw this out and see what everyone else thinks.

Do you think the Endor Rebel Soldier looks like a slimmed down Kevin Smith (Silent Bob)?

I have shown this figure a lot of my friends, and they all agree that the face sculpt on this guy bears a very striking resemblance to the famed Director/Actor/Marvel Comics Writer.

As a matter of fact, a lot of my friends are starting to call this guy Kevin Smith in Endor Gear.

Just a thought!!!

MTFBWY!

Jonna
07-02-2002, 02:00 PM
I like the comment that someone made about the face looking like Tom Green.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-02-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by c-richards
Do you think the Endor Rebel Soldier looks like a slimed down Kevin Smith (Silent Bob)?
I mean, I know the coat is green, but it never struck me as "slimy." :D
You wrote "slimed" instead of "slimmed."
And no, he doesn't look like Kevin Smith.

c_richards
07-02-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
I like the comment that someone made about the face looking like Tom Green.

I had not heard about that one. :) Tom Green as an Endor Trooper...

"An Ewok's up my bum...an Ewok's up my bum"

c_richards
07-02-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL

I mean, I know the coat is green, but it never struck me as "slimy." :D
You wrote "slimed" instead of "slimmed."
And no, he doesn't look like Kevin Smith.

Opps....sorry about the typo.... consider it another language I speak.

pthfnder89
07-02-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by c_richards

I had not heard about that one. :) Tom Green as an Endor Trooper...

Yeah, the Tom Green theory was pretty prevalent when the Trooper first came out. Some people here are still convinced that he does, but that's just because they're all hopped up on mouse droid fumes...:D:D:D

c_richards
07-02-2002, 02:16 PM
I still think he looks more like Kevin Smith than Tom Green. Of course, you need to see Kevin Smith when he looks "normal" (like on Leno) and w/o the glasses! :)

brentfett
07-02-2002, 02:17 PM
I think it's supposed to be John Knoll from ILM.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-02-2002, 03:08 PM
My vote's with Tom Green (the 'actor' not the polygamist). It sooooo looks like him it's not even funny.

I don't see how you look at it and picture Kevin Smith, cr. I don't think the rebels would ever use a trooper who has to wear a XXXL uniform on a mission so important. ;)

c_richards
07-02-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
My vote's with Tom Green (the 'actor' not the polygamist). It sooooo looks like him it's not even funny.

I don't see how you look at it and picture Kevin Smith, cr. I don't think the rebels would ever use a trooper who has to wear a XXXL uniform on a mission so important. ;)

That's why I initially said slimmed down! :) You are right though, at his current stature, Kevin Smith would easily be blaster fodder for the Imps!

Dar' Argol
07-02-2002, 06:14 PM
I am not obsessed!!!!

But he does look like Tom Green:D

Here take a look for yourself:Endor Tom Green Soldier (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=95141)

Of course JarJar would disagree:rolleyes: :D

Here we go again, beatin a dead horse!!! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=92783#post92783) :D:D:D

Beast
07-02-2002, 06:24 PM
Dar' Argol, for the love of god man, it is not Tom Green. I won't even get started on who it's supposed to be. Geez, could you beat that dead horse anymore? Oh, and where is the SSG chatroom? :D :crazed:

Oh, Dar' Argol. I am not sure if they are the same scale or not, because I haven't seen them in stores yet. But there is a Johnny Knoxville figure in the MIIB toy line. J.K. plays Scrad and Charlie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
07-02-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Oh, Dar' Argol. I am not sure if they are the same scale or not, because I haven't seen them in stores yet. But there is a Johnny Knoxville figure in the MIIB toy line. J.K. plays Scrad and Charlie. :)

Wha!?!?!?!? Johnny has made his plastic appearance?!?!?!?!? Finally someone to kick my Tom "Endor" Green's butt!!!!:D :D

Hey Jar, you got any pics of said figure????

:D

Oh BTW Jar, . . . . . . . . . . . . . .beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat:rolleyes: :D

Beast
07-02-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Wha!?!?!?!? Johnny has made his plastic appearance?!?!?!?!? Finally someone to kick my Tom "Endor" Green's butt!!!!:D :D Hey Jar, you got any pics of said figure???? :D Oh BTW Jar, . . . . . . . . . . . . . .beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat :rolleyes: :D
I do, but it's not a close up picture, and it doesn't look alot like him. But I will post it, and you can look for it in stores. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=113439

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
07-02-2002, 07:35 PM
Johnny Knoxville rules!!
When does the Jackass movie come out??
And I also agree the Endor Soldier looks exactly like Tom Green, not Kevin Smith.

tagmac
07-02-2002, 08:37 PM
I have to agree that it looks like Tom Green. I've thought that ever since I got the figure.

Dar' Argol
07-02-2002, 11:40 PM
JarJar, thanx for the pic:D. I'd have to remove that other head though, and repaint him, and maybe add a cast to his foot:D:D:D Then he can really kick Tom "Endor" Green's butt!!!!

Seems like the Tom Green'ers have it here. I'll see about doing a Kevin Smith comparison:D

LTBasker
07-02-2002, 11:41 PM
He does look like Tom Green, but that's because they made him look nothing like they were supposed to.

Someone mentioned him looking like the guy who plays Zed in MIB and MIB2, I'd have to agree. Looks like Tom Green and a slimmer version of the guy who plays Zed.

MikeAndTheBots
07-02-2002, 11:43 PM
Hm, I might pick up an extra one of these for the custom Jay and Silent Bob Star Wars style figures I've been waiting to make. At least I'll have a head for SB. But it does look more like Tom Green than Kevin Smith, I just need a white guy with brown hair and a goatee.
edit: LTB, Zed is played by Rip Torn if I'm not mistaken.

Dar' Argol
07-03-2002, 12:56 AM
JarJar is gonna LOVE me for this one:D he he he.

For those who are having a hard time deciding, here is the ultimate comparison. Tom Green vs. Kevin Smith. Who looks more like our friendly neihborhood rebel???

Sorry, I couldn't find a good pic of Kevin without his glasses

:D

JetsAndHeels
07-03-2002, 12:58 AM
Definately Tom Green. I dont see any resemblance to Kevin Smith. Maybe if Kevin's hair was lighter and his face was a little bit thinner, it would look more like the figure, but I just dont see it.
Thats Mr Green, in plastic form.

jjreason
07-03-2002, 02:11 AM
The face is stupid. Show me a soldier in ROJ with a hipster goatee like this freak, and I'd still be asking why they didn't do the cool, blonde bearded Willie Nelson looking guy. Way cooler. Do we know what the variant second face on this figure will be? Are their pics? Im going to check the archive here.......

jjreason
07-03-2002, 02:18 AM
Im back. The other face looks a little rounder. Maybe if you search high and low and can get both variations, you could have one Tom Green and one Kevin Smith (complete with size xxxl uniform!).
I will buy an extra one and try to transplant RockNRoll's head onto him. Only then will my Endor squad be in balance.

Rogue II
07-03-2002, 07:58 AM
I stick by what I said in the last "Endor Soldier Looks" like thread:

Brendan Shanahan of the Detroit Red Wings.

brentfett
07-03-2002, 09:11 AM
I still say John Knoll. What the heck, they made a Sacul, right? Maybe this is the beginning of a trend.

Rogue II
07-03-2002, 09:33 AM
:eek: Maybe all of these guys are really clones. <insert X-Files music here>

:crazed:

LTBasker
07-03-2002, 10:18 AM
Compared to Knoll's picture, they made the head too tall and he doesn't have the hair running from his bottom lip to his chin that the figure does.

pthfnder89
07-03-2002, 10:54 AM
You're all crazy! Stop sniffing mouse droids! ;)

c_richards
07-03-2002, 11:31 AM
I still say Kevin Smith.
Now I want a Jason Mewes Tantive IV defender
and I also want a Ben Affeck/Matt Damon Hoth Troop set and let's not forget a Chris Rock Yavin sentry!!!!!

You can call it Tom Green all you want, and I will admit, it does look a lot like that freak... but I've called mine Kevin Smith...so it's Kevin Smith.
:)

Rogue II
07-03-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
You're all crazy! Stop sniffing mouse droids! ;)

Funny you should mention that. Last weekend I managed to find an R4 figure in a bin at TRU. I figured I would open it this weekend to celebrate the 4th of July:crazed:

c_richards
07-03-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
Hm, I might pick up an extra one of these for the custom Jay and Silent Bob Star Wars style figures I've been waiting to make. At least I'll have a head for SB. But it does look more like Tom Green than Kevin Smith, I just need a white guy with brown hair and a goatee.
edit: LTB, Zed is played by Rip Torn if I'm not mistaken.

MikeAndtheBots...
You are right about Rip Torn playing Zed in MIB and now in MIB II

To get off the STAR WARS Endor Soldier topic for a moment....
I want to see Hasbro make a line of MST3K figures
the line-up could include:

Mike Nelson
Pearl
Bo-bo
Crow
Tom Servo
Gypsy
Cambot
Dr. Forrester
TV's Frank
Joel Robinson

I think they'd sell! :)

Mace Windex
07-04-2002, 01:39 AM
He is definately Tom Green. ANyone wonder why he is holding a lightsaber in the photo on the card?!?!

LTBasker
07-04-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Mace Windex
He is definately Tom Green. ANyone wonder why he is holding a lightsaber in the photo on the card?!?!

The picture that was used to get the Endor Soldier from before it was photoshopped had them on the ROTJ Death Star set (as a joke most likely for publicity shots) and they had "captured" Luke and some Soldiers had confinscated his weapons.

They photoshopped a background, they photoshooped a goatee, but they didn't photoshop the lightsaber out. Sad ain't it?

Beast
07-04-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by c_richards
To get off the STAR WARS Endor Soldier topic for a moment....
I want to see Hasbro make a line of MST3K figures
the line-up could include:

Mike Nelson
Pearl
Bo-bo
Crow
Tom Servo
Gypsy
Cambot
Dr. Forrester
TV's Frank
Joel Robinson

I think they'd sell! :)
I'm all for it, but I can't believe you forgot such major charecters as Dr. Larry Erhart, Brain Guy, Timmy, and Torgo! For shame!! :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

c_richards
07-08-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

I'm all for it, but I can't believe you forgot such major charecters as Dr. Larry Erhart, Brain Guy, Timmy, and Torgo! For shame!! :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
well...I can't remember them all...but I did do the best I could! :)

c_richards
07-30-2002, 06:13 PM
Looks like we have another "famous" face in the SW universe, according the the article posted on SSG today, July 30, 2002, http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=426

It appears that none other than Mr. "Cleveland Rocks" Drew Carry has been immortized in plastic as Qui-Gon. Of course the figure has a beard, and the hair is not only way longer, but darker, but I can see the resemblance in the face to Drew. What next, A Ryan Stiles Obi-Wan, or a Colin Mocharey Palpatine? How about a Wayne Brady Mace Windu? We already have Greg Proops (Fode and Beed).

We can always worry about a Mimi Ephant Mon.....

It never ceases to amaze me the "lack" of quality control at Hasbro! :)

Way to go guys!!!

Beast
07-30-2002, 06:17 PM
It doesn't look like a lack of quality control. It looks like some dumbarse opened a Qui-Gon figure, sanded off the beard and other stuff, and then re-carded it. Someone's playing Thrawn for a sucker, and he fell for it. Why am I not surpised. :rolleyes: :happy:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

c_richards
07-30-2002, 06:24 PM
He's not the only one that fell for it. I thought it looked pretty good! :)

I also have been the victim in the past of someone cutting the bubble on a Luke (Tatooine Hat) open, and removing some pieces. I didn't see the cut, and bought the figure thinking it as a packing error. Imagine my disappointment when I found out what had happened! :)

MTFBWY!

hango fett
07-30-2002, 06:40 PM
i say he is tom green. looks almost exactly like him....but i could be wrong...
h.

Jayspawn
07-31-2002, 01:16 AM
He doesn't look at ALL like Tom Green OR like Kevin Smith. I personally think he looks like Rip Torn aka Agent Zed from the "Men in Black" movies.

mightywhelk
07-31-2002, 05:00 AM
I hadn't noticed until my wife picked it up one day in TRU and said "Was Tom Green in Return of the Jedi?"

After I'd stopped laughing at her, I had to agree that it was a fair question to ask!