PDA

View Full Version : ESB Luke

Huckleberry Josh
07-02-2002, 02:45 PM
I just recently got the ESB Luke figure with the separated hand. I think that figure is a sweet figure. The detail , in my opinion, is great. I haven't been on here for awhile so this topic might have already been talked about. What do you guys think about this figure?

pthfnder89
07-02-2002, 02:53 PM
Bespin Luke has been talked about quite a bit here Huckleberry Josh, but it's alway good to hear a new opinion. Don't be surprised if the mods merge this topic into another thread though.

I love the Bespin Duel Luke. IMHO he's one of the best figures Habro has ever produced. I really wish they had simply started out with a regular plastic peg hand like the previous Bespin Luke instead of mucking around with the magnet buisness though. The magnets are strong on mine but the hand still pops off everytime I try to put his lightsaber in it. :(

I may spring an extra $5 for a plastic peg version.

anarky
07-02-2002, 02:55 PM
except for the button in his butt, one of the best figures

Forhekset
07-02-2002, 03:12 PM
Same here pthfnder. I have the magnet version loose and that plastic peg looks like it would fit soooooo much better. And now there's this "burned wrist" version that looks rather movie accurate...this figure has had way too many changes to it. A really cool figure though, one of my favorites.

pthfnder89
07-02-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
Same here pthfnder. I have the magnet version loose and that plastic peg looks like it would fit soooooo much better. And now there's this "burned wrist" version that looks rather movie accurate...this figure has had way too many changes to it. A really cool figure though, one of my favorites.

I saw several plastic pegged versions yesterday at Wal-Mart but I may actually hold off until I can find the "burnt" version.

You're right, it's cool and it's more movie accurate. :)

It's just wierd; why THIS figure? Why can't they seem to make a version they're happy with?:confused:

Forhekset
07-02-2002, 05:41 PM
Hasbro has some BS response as to why the Luke went through so many changes. It went something like, "All the changes are part of a process in which the figure is finalized." Well, how about finalizing the figure BEFORE it gets to the stores? That's how it works with most companies...you FINISH a product before delivering it...well, except in the game industry (why so many games need tons of patches right after being released). So I guess the game industry and Hasbro are the exceptions to the rule. :D

Yar Cydoh
07-02-2002, 09:41 PM
Yeah the Bespin Luke rules. I liked it so much I bought one to open and one to keep carded :)

LordNyax
07-03-2002, 03:03 PM
Yea I agree, Bespin Duel Luke is one of the best SW figs in a while. I have the burned stump variation of Luke which I opened ( I have another MOC) and a bloody stump variation MOC.
ESB Luke is awesome.
"I will never join you Dooku."- Obi- Wan Kenobi SW Ep.II AOTC

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-03-2002, 06:32 PM
i think the bespin duel luke is sweet i have flesh version and metal peg version yet to find bloody version yet though