PDA

View Full Version : Filming not finished?

jawaboy
10-03-2001, 11:16 PM
Samuel L. Jackson on Jay Leno's show tonight stated that he just got back from England not too long ago for filming Star Wars. He stated that he has to go back to England to resume more filming for Ep. II in the near future. Is there a major plot change going on here?

Co Jo-Da
10-03-2001, 11:27 PM
Could be anything from a re-shoot to a new scene, who knows...

JediTricks
10-04-2001, 08:59 AM
I thought pick-up shots were all finished, but I bet it's true and Lucas has even more pick-up shots on the schedule. Who knows, maybe one of the digital camera's harddrives went bad and they lost a major scene. Yikes, that'd be really possible!

Rollo Tomassi
10-04-2001, 09:17 AM
I've read repeatedly this is how G.Lu shoots. He shoots, he edits. He shoots, he edits. Constantly going back and forth til he gets it the way he likes it and the way JT hates it.:rolleyes: ;) :)

I think they were adding new scenes in three weeks before the movie came out last time, so it's not worrying me...

JediTricks
10-05-2001, 12:19 PM
Ep 1's pick-up shots ended months before the movie's release.

Jargo
10-05-2001, 04:07 PM
But if the final pick up shots are 'in the can' in November, then that is months before the film release. :)

Rollo Tomassi
10-06-2001, 09:12 AM
According to my old Star Wars Insider, Rick McCallum said they were scheduled to go back in February for a third round of pick up shooting on Episode 1 but G.Lu said they didn't need to. However, it WAS on the roster, the same way it is for this one. "...keep the third week of March open..." or something like that.

JEDIpartner
10-08-2001, 10:43 AM
Uncle George is famous for these last minute changes and re-shoots. It could also be that Uncle Rick was so far up Uncle George's A** that he got distracted and forgot to film something!

Jargo
03-06-2002, 02:40 PM
*pulling 'about to barf' face* That's too gross to comprehend.....oh, wait...

Well, they were still filming last month weren't they? I read some report about Chris lee doing pick up shots for the Geonosis scenes. Something like that. I bet they'll still do a few shots between now and April with the last rounds of editing. reaction shots and the like. Maybe the odd line of dialogue. Who really cares as long as it reaches the screens on may 16th?

AreTwo-DeeTwo
03-06-2002, 03:45 PM
No..no..no..nooo...you've got it all wrong. What happened is this: George invited a bunch of his people to come watch the finished version of the film. Rumor is that Leonardo DiCaprio was there to. George was all proud and beaming thinking "Ha. This is it. I am finally done with this film. Can't wait to go to Hawaii. Just got to show it to everyone and I am outa here. Yeah baby, yeah!!!"
While viewing the film it looked incredible. But in about 8 different scenes throughout the movie the microphones picked up Rick McCallum cussing and caring on about what not. Apparently Rick was practicing for one of his upcoming public appearences and wanted his cuss words to sound just right.
George was stunned since he had never heard anything but "George you are the greatest man ever, honest," come out of Rick's mouth.
Reshoots were then in order. That my friends is the story of how the Ep2 reshoots were born :)

derek
03-06-2002, 10:38 PM
if i recall correctly, the scene where anakin and palpatine meet at the end of episode 1 was filmed in march of '99, just about a month and a half before release.

SithDroid
03-07-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by AreTwo-DeeTwo
No..no..no..nooo...you've got it all wrong. What happened is this: George invited a bunch of his people to come watch the finished version of the film. Rumor is that Leonardo DiCaprio was there to. George was all proud and beaming thinking "Ha. This is it. I am finally done with this film. Can't wait to go to Hawaii. Just got to show it to everyone and I am outa here. Yeah baby, yeah!!!"
While viewing the film it looked incredible. But in about 8 different scenes throughout the movie the microphones picked up Rick McCallum cussing and caring on about what not. Apparently Rick was practicing for one of his upcoming public appearences and wanted his cuss words to sound just right.
George was stunned since he had never heard anything but "George you are the greatest man ever, honest," come out of Rick's mouth.
Reshoots were then in order. That my friends is the story of how the Ep2 reshoots were born :)

LOL

Hopefully GL won't use Leonardo DiCaprio in the next Episode. Where did Leo's career go anyway. Oh well, I never cared for him anyway.

Jedi Clint
03-07-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid

LOL

Hopefully GL won't use Leonardo DiCaprio in the next Episode. Where did Leo's career go anyway. Oh well, I never cared for him anyway.

Do you REALLY want to know????

The answer is but a Click (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=46412) away! ;)

SithDroid
03-07-2002, 12:30 AM
LOL

What's up with his freakishly Frankenstein looking head?

Jedi Clint
03-07-2002, 12:35 AM
He he.....Sorry about that, he didn't have a complete head when I found the picture of poor little Arnie with his face all twisted in desperation and pain, so I had to "reconstruct" it. Did you notice the tear?

JEDIpartner
03-07-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by derek
if i recall correctly, the scene where anakin and palpatine meet at the end of episode 1 was filmed in march of '99, just about a month and a half before release.

Yeah... the's the one! That scene was filmed at the last minute and that is why you see so many ILMers in the shot and someone else playing Mace and Bibble. They figured that those characters were in the background so it wouldn't matter and they wouldn't need those actors to return.

2-1B
03-07-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Yeah... the's the one! That scene was filmed at the last minute and that is why you see so many ILMers in the shot and someone else playing Mace and Bibble. They figured that those characters were in the background so it wouldn't matter and they wouldn't need those actors to return.

They were wrong, it did matter ! How sloppy, I can't believe they used digital effects EVERYWHERE in the movie without pasting Sam and Ollie's heads onto those stand ins' bodies. Inexcusable.

The TPM novelization does not include the "your career with great interest" line, perhaps because it wasn't filmed until much later? :)

mabudonicus
03-07-2002, 02:45 PM
How far out-to-lunch the whole TPM fiasco really was. I mean, that line was a total no brainer, and one of the only bits of irony-laced foreshadowing in the whole film. It blew my mind when I found out that it was an afterthought(whereas the medicleariens were part of the film since 76?)
The shooting for TPM wrapped in March (or at least the last minute second unit type stuff), and word has it that the prints were barely dry when the film premiered, so it's totally likely that AOTC is still being worked on, at least at the editing stage.
Woooooooooo!!!!!