PDA

View Full Version : What does the E stand for in WWE??

JediDan
07-02-2002, 05:50 PM
I'm not into wrestling but have noticed that the WWF has recently changed to WWE. What's up with that? Is it still the same just new name?

Jedi Clint
07-02-2002, 06:05 PM
Entertainment

They lost a law suit for the initials WWF to the World Wildlife Foundation.

JetsAndHeels
07-02-2002, 06:11 PM
Pretty sad, IMO. I know when I hear WWF I always think about the wildlife fund and all those little bears and animals.......
NOT!!
But its all the same really. Same wrestling, same lame storylines (as of late). Just a different name.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-02-2002, 09:41 PM
And their slogan is- Get the "F" out!

mabudonicus
07-03-2002, 06:33 PM
Yeah, the slogan cracks me up. The branding is pretty tough, though. I STILL see Hulkster when I hear those 3 letters.
I thought the (being a Canadian, natch) that it stood for "Eh, you're suing us for HOW much?!?" :)
It did always make me laugh that things on such "opposite faces o' the coin" had the SAME acronym. A few times I got tricked by "paid for by the WWF", and thought that maybe they really did care :( ....

scruffziller
07-03-2002, 07:23 PM
Yea years ago I saw a sticker that had shown a Panda bear on it with that and had WWF on it little did I know there was something behind it.

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 07:41 PM
A bear might be a formidable wrestling opponent! :p

Obi-Don
07-03-2002, 09:53 PM
It should stand for ENOUGH of the crap lets wrestle.

JediDan
07-04-2002, 02:26 PM
What took them so long so sue them??? WWF (wrestling) has been around for years and then all of a sudden the wildlife thing wants to sue them!!! :rolleyes: Something just doesn't make sense. Oh well, I like the slogan "get the F out" LOL :D Thanks for letting me know aboutthe change.

JediTricks
07-05-2002, 10:53 PM
World Wildlife Fund has been around a long time too, this case was basically about the now-WWE breaching a 1994 agreement between the 2 organizations last year.

Lman316
07-06-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
World Wildlife Fund has been around a long time too, this case was basically about the now-WWE breaching a 1994 agreement between the 2 organizations last year.

As I understood it, the WWF was tired of the WWF using their name, and they sued. The WWF didn't want to be associated with the WWF or their brand of product. So, the WWF became the WWE :p.
But I will tell everyone why it happened, and why it took so long for it to happen, when it could have happened years ago. The simple fact is that I stopped watching.
Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but I'm serious. I feel that I was the reason that wrestling got so popular. It was still on the fence as I thought about watching a few years back, and as soon as I did, it took off. And I didn't like WCW, so look what happened to that. And then, this year, when I found WWF storylines to be boring, stupid and just plain crap (not to mention all the other stuff I was finding wrong with it), I just stopped watching.
Within the first week that I stopped watching it, they got hit with the name change. And soon, they'll fall as WCW once did. All because of me!
First wrestling, soon the world! :crazed:

End...