PDA

View Full Version : Teaser Trailer will be out in November.

Co Jo-Da
10-04-2001, 12:42 AM
With many sources saying that the Teaser Trailer will be out in November but which movie will it be released with?

Anyone...Anyone...Anyone...

Rollo Tomassi
10-04-2001, 10:14 AM
I've heard Harry Potter will be the lucky film...

What I want to know is when somebody is going to leak a shot list from the trailer. I seem to remember a fairly accurate one circulating by this time back in '98. It was the first time I saw "Every Saga has a Beginning..." etc. and getting goosebumps. I want a shot list!!!!

SirSteve
10-04-2001, 11:18 AM
I heard the theater will be able to attach it to whatever movie they wish to. This way, people won't be going to see a particular movie just for the trailer and leave. I bet Steven Segal didn't mind when TPM trailer was attached to his movie...

;)

GNT
10-04-2001, 11:38 AM
Wasn't it going to be attached to a movie called "Monsters"?

master jedi
10-04-2001, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by GNT
Wasn't it going to be attached to a movie called "Monsters"?

That's what I've heard.

JediTricks
10-05-2001, 01:20 PM
That's Disney/Pixar's "Monsters Inc.", perhaps an apropos film to include Ep 2 with since they both contain tons of CGI. ;)

jawaboy
10-05-2001, 03:39 PM
Doesn't "Fellowship of the Ring" come out in November also. This would be a great film to debut the trailer with.

Rollo Tomassi
10-05-2001, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
I heard the theater will be able to attach it to whatever movie they wish to. This way, people won't be going to see a particular movie just for the trailer and leave. I bet Steven Segal didn't mind when TPM trailer was attached to his movie...

;)

Normally they send us trailers separately with an attachment sheet with a list of three or four movies the movie must be attatched to and then 8-10 more that we might put it on at our discretion. This is in addition to the trailers that come already attached to prints of movies(usually three trailers). Of course we never pay attentio to those lists at my theatre and add what we want to what ever movie we want. Nobody from the studio ever checks...

However, EPII might be a different story with Lucasfilm and/or Fox only sending us specific trailers for specific films like they did last time and requesting the trailer back when they send us the new one. Studios are cracking down on what we can "keep" and we are having to send back a lot more promotional stuff than we used to. An example is that giant Monsters Inc. standee. If we don't send it back (like say, I take it home with me) then we get a $1500 fine/recovery cost. And they are going to destroy the darn thing anyway. Lots of posters are supposed to be destroyed/returned when we are through with them, too. I can only imagine, G.Lu will be extra strict about such things and only send us one or two trailers and be very specific about what films to pu them on. I'll let you know in a month.

Co Jo-Da
10-06-2001, 12:43 PM
"Fellowship of the Ring" opens December 19, 2001 nationwide, not in November. So the Teaser won't premier with it, Harry Potter and Monsters,Inc sound to be the front runnings.

jawaboy
10-06-2001, 12:47 PM
I can't wait for the trailer to come out. I've already dumped my girlfriend in preparation.

derek
10-06-2001, 01:46 PM
the original trailer came out on "meet joe black", which was as far from star wars as you can get. i bet lucas does this again.

Co Jo-Da
10-07-2001, 01:34 AM
Oh God that's right, PLEASE not with SUPER TROOPERS...NO PLEASE, NO...

The 'Xir
10-08-2001, 05:19 PM
Well I'm not exactly sure what comes out in November, and if these films are actually close to release for this year but for now these are the best canidates for the Trailer to be in front of:

Wendy and the Lost Boys
Super Troopers
Stacked
Phone Booth
Black Knight
One Hour Photo
Joe Somebody
Life or Something Like It
Seven Spells
Dare
and probably the best canidate:
Shallow Hal
although if we see the trailer out in November I have a feeling it will come out towards the end of the month like Nov23th, Shallow Hal I think comes out Nov 9th!

Rollo Tomassi
10-08-2001, 06:37 PM
I heard Phone Booth was going straight to video because it's set in New York...

Jargo
10-08-2001, 06:55 PM
If the film is going to have a certificate for family viewing, then won't it be attached to a family film? George himself says he's making the movie for twelve year olds so he'll be wanting to grab the attention of those high earning twelve year olds. :) I hope it gets attched to Monsters inc. so I can have an excuse to go and watch a 'kids' movie. :) Actually, I can't remember the last time I went to see a movie period so it's as good an excuse as any.

master jedi
10-09-2001, 04:24 PM
If it's attached to a kids movie then my older sister (who hasn't seen TPM yet) will probably be seeing the trailer before me 'cause she's been going to a lot of kids movies lately.

Jargo
10-11-2001, 05:50 PM
Lucas has been watching Monsters inc. and as he knows the marketing guy he is going to attach the trailer to that movie. There's a report over at TFN which has more clarity than me right now :rolleyes:

The Bald Ewok
10-11-2001, 09:31 PM
I am sure that I am not the first nor the last but....'bout darn time!

Co Jo-Da
10-12-2001, 01:35 AM
TheForce.net Reports:

We've received word from a very credible source (we're talking 99.9% here) that George Lucas will soon officially announce that the "Star Wars: Episode II" trailer will be attached to copies of "Monsters, Inc."

So, hopefully that answers that...

Rollo Tomassi
10-12-2001, 10:58 AM
I just confimed that through my sources as well. He will announce it today. Now all we need is a shot list...

Co Jo-Da
10-16-2001, 01:19 AM
If what many people are saying is true, than the teaser is coming out on Nov. 9th and Monster's, Inc comes out on Nov. 2nd. What movie is the teaser going to be attached to?

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-16-2001, 07:20 AM
well, harry potter comes out on the ninth, so that and monsters inc will most likely be the ones

sorry about getting everyone excited over a false trailer...i got caught up in the desire to see it...

Co Jo-Da
10-16-2001, 12:30 PM
It's cool Ki-Adi Mundi's bro...I am really excitied too...

Jedi Clint
10-16-2001, 12:46 PM
I doubt anyone would fault you for being anxious to see something new KAM's Bro :).

Co Jo-Da
10-18-2001, 01:37 AM
TheForce.Net reports THREE (POSSIBILY DIFFERENT) Teaser Trailers. Check it out:

Trailer A: Monsters, Inc. - There is a trailer with Monsters, Inc. Your spies thus far have hit this right on the head. Look for this on the release date, the first few days of November However, it is the short teaser trailer, which shows some great stuff but is just the beginning.
Trailer B: Internet Download - There is a second trailer that will be available for download starting November 9th. We're not sure if it will be just with the DVD-ROM but we do know that that is true, at least initially. I would expect the full site to get it next though, so they can break the record download numbers. This is the favorite of the trailers so far amongst people that know.

Trailer C: Harry Potter - This is the long form trailer, and will premiere attached to Harry Potter. Why not capture the audience that fits perfectly the demographic that Lucasfilm is targeting this Thanksgiving. Also, since ILM did much of the work in HP, it only makes sense to showcase more of their amazing work. November 16th here in the US, no idea of the international schedule.

I JUST CAN'T WAIT...

Jedi Clint
10-18-2001, 02:01 AM
The first thought I had (in regard to this) was, "Great. How am I going to get the other 2 trailers?!?!"

Will trailer A be a shorter version of trailer B? Will trailer B be a shorter version of Trailer C? Will all three have exclusive content? Argh!

Co Jo-Da
10-24-2001, 04:00 PM
Episode II: Attack Of The Clones Trailor has been confirmed by George Lucas himself. It will show at ALL Monsters INC. movies by Pixar. Lucas, has decided to link his Episode II Trailor to Pixars movies at all movie theatres, which will show in 2 weeks. get your tickets now. I know I will be there!

Co Jo-Da
11-01-2001, 05:37 PM
With Monsters, Inc. opening tomorrow, I just wanted to say that "I HAVE MY TICKETS AND CAN'T TO SEE THE REAL TEASER." I hope every else is as excited as me;) .

Fulit
11-01-2001, 05:58 PM
Sometimes I love small towns. My friend has a friend that works in Conway (near LR) at the movie theatre, and at closing tomorrow we get to see the trailer for free, and they're even going to let us watch it more than once! yay for me!

Co Jo-Da
11-01-2001, 06:11 PM
That's very cool and thats why I have to watch CNN or Headline News to see the Teaser more than once for free.

Eternal Padawan
11-02-2001, 04:20 AM
Check out my "Breathing" thread. According to Disney/Pixar you WON'T be watching the trailer over and over...It has to stay attached to the print.