PDA

View Full Version : How do they do it?!?!?

SuperBattleDroid88
07-02-2002, 07:32 PM
How do people on Ebay get these Starwars items before they are even released?!?!?!? For example....
The 25th annivesary R2-D2...
The accessorry packs...
The Brown Droid....
Those Star Tour prototypes....
That's all I can list at the top of my head but how can they get these already?
It always puzzled me.... :stupid:

hango fett
07-02-2002, 08:02 PM
they must have ties in with hasbro...or something to that effect..
hango

Exhaust Port
07-02-2002, 08:53 PM
Fell off the back of a truck.

hango fett
07-02-2002, 09:05 PM
that could happen too, exahust port :)
hango

rynobot
07-02-2002, 10:28 PM
Maybe they steal them from the warehouses. Most of the people that have them for sale are from the Far East.

Turbowars
07-02-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by rynobot
Maybe they steal them from the warehouses. Most of the people that have them for sale are from the Far East. That just might be, but I also think that the toys are released in China first, so those guys over seas charge us Americans an arm and a leg for stuff we can get in a months time. If we can just relax the toys would come to us. So to speak

Thunderstorm1
07-02-2002, 10:57 PM
I agree, patience is a virtue. they will arrive here soon, I do not think that Hasbro would not ever send anything to America unless it was a foreign exclusive and they seem to show up here too!

OriginalBryGuy
07-03-2002, 10:53 AM
Well, you also have to remember star wars figures ain't even made in the US...so it could go anywhere once it leaves the wearehouses in SouthEast Asia

LTBasker
07-03-2002, 10:56 AM
Salesmen Samples
Factory Leaks
Employees getting the product then selling it to someone else
Stealing them from the factorys

Salesmen samples are different from the final products though, they usually have some slightly different paint jobs or possibly even different accessories with them.

Geonosian
07-03-2002, 10:58 AM
Its wried I know???

Jonna
07-03-2002, 10:59 AM
Just remember how much of the first AOTC stuff was on ebay before it was released. I guess it is not that hard for a stockroom employee of a store to walk out with a couple.

pthfnder89
07-03-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Jonna
Just remember how much of the first AOTC stuff was on ebay before it was released. I guess it is not that hard for a stockroom employee of a store to walk out with a couple.

True but the AOTC merchandise that showed up early was mostly already sitting in the stores stockrooms. With figures like the 25th Anniversary R2, they haven't shipped to the stores yet.

Jaina Solo
07-03-2002, 11:19 AM
I think some of the Ebay stuff might be pre-sales, too. People who'll look at what's coming out and ask a lot of money for it, which some crazy person is usually willing to pay so they can have it "first".

'Course, if they're saying they already have this stuff in hand, you guys are probably right about where it came from.

Jedi Juice
07-03-2002, 04:37 PM
People just wanna make money.