PDA

View Full Version : Marmit=Tomy=Hasbro Japan?(the marmit discussion thread)

Lone Jedi
08-17-2001, 02:39 AM
http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=16&PID=5352

I just finished assembling the Marmit TIE Pilot (which took about 45 minutes), and I'm impressed with the detail. Anyone know where I can order the Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, and Boba Fett online? Bigbarada, I await your input. :) I tried to post a link to the topic in the old forums above, but I don't know if it'll work.

evenflow
08-17-2001, 07:46 AM
I am not sure where to get them, but i have to agree that they are awesome. Much better than the versions we get over here.

bigbarada
08-17-2001, 01:08 PM
I think brianstoys.com has them although for around $150 each you might want to shop around. I'd try entertainmentearth.com

I know that the Marmit company is re-releasing the Sandtrooper with a grey (white?) pauldron instead of the orange on the original.

I've also heard of plans for Darth Vader, Royal Guard, and an AT-AT Driver (**squeel of glee**)!!:D:D:D

My hopes for the future: Biker Scout, Snowtrooper and an Imperial Gunner.

bigbarada
08-17-2001, 01:11 PM
Hey, Lone Jedi, do you have a way to post pictures of your TIE Pilot here? I've been thinking about getting one for a while, and would like to see how your's turned out.:)

Lone Jedi
08-18-2001, 12:59 AM
Cool, I'll try EE.com. I already know to steer clear of Brianstoys.com. I read that too, Big B. A Marmit Vader would absolutely RULE, expecially if it's to scale with the other Marmit figures. I'll see if I can post a picture of my TIE Pilot, I'll have to ask a friend for help though. Big B, since you have experience with these kits, the TIE Pilot will be cake for you. I got mine at Actionfigureexpress for $64.95 plus shipping, worth every cent.

humsup
08-18-2001, 02:35 AM
LoneJedi, you are saying $64.95 plus shipping? That's the listed price online and its shipment worldwide? Curious.

But then, they are really quite expensive but if they really come out a Biker Scout, I'll buy it no matter what.

Lone Jedi
08-20-2001, 02:35 PM
Humsup, yeah it was $64.95 plus shipping. Big B, the pictures I have are too large in memory to post. I'll e-mail them to you instead.

bigbarada
08-20-2001, 09:37 PM
Have you e-mailed them already? Because I might have deleted them by accident, I cleaned out my inbox just before checking this message.

humsup
08-21-2001, 04:28 AM
Thanks for the confirmations. Will check out the site soon :)

bigbarada
08-22-2001, 09:13 PM
I got the e-mail Lone Jedi, thanks a lot!!:D

BTW it really is a nice looking figure, especially when compared to the POTF2 12".

Lone Jedi
08-30-2001, 12:04 AM
I recently got the revised Marmit Boba Fett (yellow shoulder pads and a duller red visor) from toycup.com. I took a blow to the bank account, but this one does not disappoint. I even posed him and got a cheap 18" display case for it. I totally agree, Big B, the Marmit series is to Hasbro's 12" series as POTJ is to Vintage. I think I've got Marmit fever.

bigbarada
08-30-2001, 12:39 PM
I just ordered that Marmit TIE Pilot today from actionfigureexpress. I couldn't believed the price, only $65! I tried buying one from Brian's Toys a few months back and they wanted $135 for a pre-opened opened one! Fortunately, my credit card got rejected so I had to cancel the order. I saved $70!!:D

I'll try to send pictures as soon as I get it put together.

scallion
08-30-2001, 10:29 PM
Hi!Greetings from Singapore! I got my marmit boba fett from ebay for USD103 (inc airmail shipping). In Singapore some shops are selling it for SGD250(approx USD150)..I know that Nobletoys.hk is selling some but its about USD150 excluding shipping..

Lone Jedi
08-31-2001, 12:14 AM
Welcome aboard, Scallion! Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. I shopped around online for Fett and most places were charging around $150 plus shipping. I got mine for $109 plus shipping.

Cool, Big B. Are you gonna order the Sandtrooper Sergeant in the future?

humsup
08-31-2001, 09:42 AM
Hi Scallion!!! My fellow countrymen!!
Do you know the Sandtrooper with white pouldron is already here? Visit CQ if you're free and I think it retails at S$165 each. Pretty much the same as the orange one.

Nice to see you here :)

bigbarada
09-10-2001, 08:14 PM
Well, actionfigureexpress.com has loused up my order twice so far. Some lame excuse about my credit card being declined. Yeah, right! I've heard that one before!:D

Actually, I'll give this one more try and see if the third time is indeed the charm.

Marmit TIE Pilot, you will be mine!

Lone Jedi, if I can actually get an order to work with AFE then I'll consider getting the Sandtrooper Sergeant.

Ook
09-11-2001, 02:36 AM
Okay, why on Earth the huge price difference between the TIE Pilot and the Sandtrooper?

I just saw this thread, and about wet myself at the news that a Marmit could be had foe $65! I'd pretty much written off ever owning any of their incredible SW figs. But why are some so cheap and others (the ones I want) so expensive!? :confused:

I want a Sandtrooper sooo bad... How much did www.actionfigureexpress.com sell the orange trooper for? The new sergeant is a hundred bucks. :( Anyone own either Sandtrooper? How are they?

Any Marmit SW info will be much appreciated. And how have everyone's dealings with actionfigureexpress been? Reliable company??

Lone Jedi
09-11-2001, 04:19 AM
Vadersfist, I think Actionfigureexpress is selling the TIE Pilot at a clearance price, their regular price is something like $85 (still cheaper than the Stormies/Sandies). Their service is pretty good. I got my order in 2 days because it's based in CA (LA area I think). I don't have either Sandtrooper yet, so I can't help you there.

Sorry to hear your ordering problem Big B, hopefully things will work out. Aren't they releasing a Black Shoulder Sandtrooper next year too?

Ook
09-16-2001, 04:46 PM
Thanks, LJ. :)

Lone Jedi
09-17-2001, 01:37 AM
I finished assembling the Stormtrooper, Orange Sandtrooper Captain, and the White Sandtrooper Sergeant this week. One word sums them all up: AWESOME. The Sandtrooper Captain is by far the most challenging of any of the Marmit kits. The Sandtrooper Sergeant is much easier because his backpack and fingers come pre-assembled, and there are no shoulder or hip pouches to glue on; I don't care for the new helmet design though. The elastic straps are still a pain in the neck for the backpacks for both Sandies. Bring on the AT-AT Driver, ERG, and Vader!

logam
09-17-2001, 10:46 PM
I'm very happy for you guys, because here in Mexico those figures are up to 200 USD, can you believe that?

Laserbrain
07-02-2002, 06:43 PM
:confused:

I'd like to confirm this somehow...

I just read of the possibility of the toy company of which Marmit is copyrighted to, Tomy, was called Hasbro Japan prior to E1 or sometime in 1999.

If this is indeed true....Ultimate Stormtrooper, anyone?

JediTricks
07-03-2002, 02:35 AM
I know that Tomy and Hasbro are not the same entities, Tomy is its own toy company and is the authorized seller for Galoob and Hasbro Star Wars toys in Japan.

I think Marmit is also their own company totally separate from Hasbro and Tomy, but I'm not 100% on that.

AmanaMatt
07-04-2002, 01:31 AM
What is happening with the At-At Driver and others?

Any release dates on the At-At driver?

Thanks.

Super Serg
07-04-2002, 11:49 AM
At-At Driver?

How About Word On Vader!?!?!?
**drooool**

I'm working on an ULTIMATE Vader now & would hate to hear
that a Marmit 1 is right around the corner.

*SS*

Laserbrain
07-04-2002, 06:33 PM
Serg....you wouldn't....

....yes....yes you would....

But how are you ever going to extend the legs and arms of a body to make a Vader tall enough? It's got to at least be 13.5" or 14"...

Bent Wookie
07-07-2002, 03:05 PM
SS, I'd wait a bit if I were you. Word is that Marmit has one planned for later this year or early next. And you can bet your freaking bottom dollar that it will be the best Vader any company's ever done! I can't wait for this one. Vader is my Boba Fett. :)

Err, did you say you were <I>working</I> on one? Um, scratch that...no, there's no Marmit Vader. Whatever gave you that Idea?? ;) There's nothing to see here. Move along... :D

Exhaust Port
07-07-2002, 03:47 PM
Found this today. They are selling a preorder for a Marmit Darth Vader. $150? I don't care how realistic they are, a 12" plastic figure is not worth that. Hasbro's electronic version was $40 it a pretty good reproduction.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTS5

derek
07-07-2002, 06:42 PM
that pre order on EE has been there forever!:) probably over a year.

Exhaust Port
07-07-2002, 10:01 PM
I guess I'm a little late in the game. :) That would explain their statement that the expect it to be released this month. Boy, preorders are annoying.

Ook
07-08-2002, 06:03 AM
SSG has had a pic in the archive for quite a while.

http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=27922

God, I wish I could afford to collect Marmits. Actually, I wish they'd just retail them over here. :mad:

Ook
07-08-2002, 06:11 AM
Well, I know that "Marmit" somehow gets away with using Hasbro package designs....

http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=11088

Exhaust Port
07-08-2002, 09:53 AM
I'm not really wowed by the Marmit Vader. The 14" electronic Vader looks amost as good for a fraction of the price. The Stormtrooper and Tie Fighter Pilot were an amazing revelation after what Hasbro put out. Man the Hasbro ST really sucked.

I haven't kept track of the foreign items until I saw the Marmit line. If these were sold domestically how dramatically lower would the price be? Would they be in the $30-40 range as the Jango figure is or higher? I know there is no way of knowing for sure unless it happened but how have other Japanese toys that eventually got sold domestic faired in the past? I just can't believe that their plastic is anymore expensive in Japan.

Ook
07-08-2002, 10:03 AM
SSG lists Vader's retail at $69.99. I assume that's the Japanese price in U.S. dollars.

BTW, I would defintely collect them at that retail price! And I wonder if these guys will ever do organic characters. So far, they've all been armored/helmeted characters. I wonder if their aliens would look as good......?

Bent Wookie
07-08-2002, 11:11 AM
He does look a little off now that I've seen that pic. But looking at the head shot, I think it's just a prototype and not anywhere near the finished piece. I do hope that price stays the same though. It's actually lower than most of the others--a trend I'd like to see continue.

As for domestically issued foreign pieces--most have been a big hit. The EVA figures from Kaiyodo have been a smash, and my local comic shop is always sold out of the Devilman stuff.

I bet if Diamond or another company got these figures issued in the U.S. these would be huge hits! Wouldn't you spend 10 to 20 more for an accurate Stormtrooper or Tie Pilot? I know I would! Of course, these are kind of model kits so they're not ready to go right out of the box. But when you're done--

*In Crocodile Hunter's voice* Ain't that a beauty! :D

N-2PF
07-08-2002, 12:04 PM
Looking at the headshot I see the broken egg is part of the helmet. That means: He has no face!

Laserbrain
07-08-2002, 03:48 PM
I think the reason you're not wowed is cuz the image isn't a promo piece with a better lighting. Still looks killer ta me...

Laserbrain
07-08-2002, 03:57 PM
"Original by Hasbro, new style by Tomy Japan"

C'mon, man...is it really that hard to import the dang things?

Sell 'em for $40 a pop and they got a goldmine...

Bent Wookie
07-08-2002, 04:34 PM
is it really that hard to import the dang things?

I don't know where you get your delusions...Laserbrain...

;)

Sorry, I had to to say it... :D

I'd actually pay around $50 each for them. $40 would be nicer, but... ;) Heck, even if they retailed for Japanese retail, you could save on the insane shipping!

So what are you waiting for Diamond?? :)

whpn
07-10-2002, 11:32 PM
The pictures in the archive of Vader are of a Bootleg that was available in Taiwan around 18 months ago. It is not a Marmit. The confusion arose when one was sold on ebay as a "Marmit Prototype". The doll pictured is only 12" tall and the head was made from an existing figure kit mold. The lightsaber is molded into the hand with the blade inserted into a hole.

Definately not Marmit quality. I owned one but sold it.

Super Serg
07-11-2002, 07:20 AM
WHPN is exactly right. That's a converted Kaiyodo model kit that
was sold as a Marmit proto. & trust me, if Marmit did a Vader like
they did the Boba... you guys would DROOOL! Just compare the
Hasbro version Boba to Marmits & they're lightyears apart... just
imagine a Vader..... I'd EASILY pay $150 for an accurate
representation that'd be 14" tall & have prop like proportions.
*sigh*

*SS*

Bent Wookie
07-11-2002, 11:39 AM
SS, don't say that too loudly! Marmit might be listening! ;) No I think $69.99 is very nice thank you. :) Of course if that is what it WILL take to get them to make it, I guess I'll pony up the cash...

Super Serg
07-12-2002, 08:15 AM
This has got to be 1 of the saddest days in my collecting history!
I just got word from a reliable source in Japan that says that
Marmits Vader has been postponed indefinitely! AND there might
be a chance that there will be NO MORE S.W. Marmits!

OK, here is the story. XYZ says that Vader is postponed forever. Hasbro likes what it did with ultimate Jango and decides that it can do a good vader. So Marmit cannot do it. Anyway problems with Vader, Hasbro said Marmits version was not good because pieces always were falling off and it was not good to play with. XYZ says July 2002 date was accurate 3 months ago when Marmit last visited the store, but this is the latest "street word".

& here's MORE! ABC is XYZ's friend & XYZ's source:

Now... as for marmit. ABC took me to a new comic shop in the Tokyo 'burbs on monday. Now this guy seemed to be in the know... like he had an inside source... and the news wasnt good. He said that Vader wasnt turning out as well as they'd hoped because they were struggling to keep him to a certain price point that was dictated by hasbro. Marmit basically said that if they couldnt release him with all the details they wanted (and for 20000), he wasnt gonna get released at all. Hasbro want him kept below 12000, which would be about US$160 market price. Marmit's current costing puts him in the Toys McCoy Indy range. He showed me a photo of a prototype Marmit Vader. Watermarked with a Hasbro rubber stamp. And it rocked my world. It looked like a photo of the real costume. Period.

NO!!!
My Marmits are my pride & joy & I thanked Hasbro for giving them
the opportunity & us the GREAT product. If this happens, I will
FOREVER hate Hasbro!

If anyone here works for Hasbro or knows someone who does,
PLEASE confirm this & tell them the mistake that this could be for
them!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!

*SS*

N-2PF
07-12-2002, 09:06 AM
Your wish finally came true:

Originally posted by Super Serg

I'm working on an ULTIMATE Vader now & would hate to hear
that a Marmit 1 is right around the corner.

*SS*
Now it's your turn.

Super Serg
07-12-2002, 10:28 AM
:D
I wouldn't say "wish".
I certainly didn't want "never".... just didn't want to spend a butt
load on my custom & find out a month later that Vader was comin
out. I'd save my money for a Marmit Vader ANY day.

I PRAY that this ain't true.
Hasbro CAN'T be that crazy!

Sure Jango was a step up...(step up because they copied from Marmit)
But put the Marmit Boba & the Hasbro Jango side by side & Hasbro
is still 10 steps behind.

Don't make the fans suffer because of this!!!

*SS*

corporal AMF
07-12-2002, 11:53 AM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Believe me, Marmit could've done magic with their vader.........That would have been the best 12" (or 14") figure of them all, (military, sci fi,...etc) I would have paid those 130 for it, Vader is the best looking figure of the SW universe, and Hasblo denies us that possibility?
ARRGHHHH.................!!!!!

Not another clumsy Vader, with big Gloves, poor detail and a lousy body:(

Bent Wookie
07-12-2002, 12:07 PM
:confused: Isn't this more for Lucas to decide than Hasbro? I mean look at all the product out for Star Wars that isn't Hasbro affiliated! And Marmit is a Japanese release for the most part, so how exactly would that cut into Hasbro's overall sales? Marmits are for the most discerning collectors who have the extra cash to buy them. There are thousands more fans who don't even know Marmit exists. So how can Hasbro dictate to them what they can and can't do?

I apologize if I'm way off base here. There may be some license agreement that I'm unaware of, but it would seem to me that Lucas should have the final say here. And if he lets them do it, there's not a thing Hasbro can do to stop Marmit!

AmanaMatt
07-12-2002, 02:54 PM
I certaintly hope this does not happen....I stopped collecting the Hasbro stuff and sold most of my 12" stuff because the Marmit kits are just incredible; I've paid on average $100 each for my Marmits (with Boba a tad more), but they are worth every dime, IMO!

Well, if the worst case scenario comes true, I'll always have current Marmit ones....They can never look crappy because they are identical to the real deals.

Super Serg
07-12-2002, 03:34 PM
Bent,
Hasbro owns the worldwide licensing rights to Star Wars action
figures & the like, so if Marmit wants to do S.W. figs, they have to
go to Hasbro & work the deal out.

I could only PRAY that this isn't the case.
I'd be eternally grateful to Hasbro if they let Marmit continue doing
what they were doing for the collectors.

*SS*

Laserbrain
07-13-2002, 02:07 AM
Serg...can you email me? Paaaaleeeze....I beg of you....

USDOCL31@hotmail.com

thanks!

Darth Cruel
09-05-2002, 12:57 AM
It is still a dream for me to own one of the marmits. But of course being an avid 12" collector means that it will have to happen eventually. I am really looking forward to it. It is nice to hear all of the positivity about them after all of the disappointment with Hasbro's 12" line. I once heard that the Marmits were going to be discontinued. Can anyone confirm or debunk this?

Old Fossil
09-09-2002, 08:50 PM
I sacrificed a week's worth of groceries last year and bought an orange pauldron Sandtrooper off Ebay. It is the only 12" figure I own that I keep on display. The assembly was quite a challenge, since the instructions were in Japanese, so much of it was touch and go; but I finally finished it. It is truly one awesome piece.

My only complaint is the looseness of the helmet. The foam thingy allows for wonderful poseability: he can look up, down, sideways, all kinds of angles, but turn him upside-down and the head falls off.

I wish I had the dough for a Sandtrooper Sargent to go with him. I have to keep the Hasbro 12" version stored away, it's too embarrassing to have out with the Marmit there to put it to shame.

A Marmit Vader... ye gods. If I spend another wad of money like that on a Star Wars figure, I think my normally indulging wife might take her Barbies and the cats and leave me to my toys, and the bills. I shall treasure my Sandtrooper forever...

Exhaust Port
09-10-2002, 10:34 AM
Man, I just check AFExpress and no Tie Pilots! Darn, my absolute fav. figure and I missed out. They only have the AT-AT Driver from what I see which is still an awesome figure. $100 is a bit too high for me.

AmanaMatt
09-10-2002, 03:30 PM
That AT At driver is still a preoder, to my knowledge. I dunno what the delay is....but it'll be worth it.

I pretty much sold off my Hasbro 12" collection when I picked up these bad boys. The difference in quality is light night and day.

The Stormtrooper is truly a marvel (as are the others, but as this is the first one from Marmit....), when I compared this to the Hasbro one, I immediately sold off my Hasbro one.

I'd rather own one $100 Marmit that 5 $20 Hasbro ones, but that's just me.

Even as good as the Deluxe Jango Fett from Hasbro is (and it is the only EPII one I own), the difference between that and the Marmit Boba Fett are noticeable, and that is why I'd pay more for the Marmits, more money, but you see the difference is quality.

bigbarada
09-30-2002, 01:10 AM
I'm not all too impressed with the 12" Jango Fett either. Sure it is a vast improvement, but there is something seriously wrong with that helmet.

I don't want perfection, I just want........ well, actually I do want perfection.:)

Well, from what I've seen the AT-AT Driver is available and looks awesome. Too bad I can't afford him right now. The good news though, is that the AT-AT Drivers are not really the most popular characters in Star Wars (even though they are some of my favorite Imperials) so they should be around for a while.:happy:

Old Fossil
09-30-2002, 07:21 AM
Something seems off with that Marmit AT-AT Driver. Is his head too big, or his body too small?...

bigbarada
09-30-2002, 12:06 PM
The helmet is actually a little too small when compared to the actual prop costume. I think, if anything, it just sits too high on his body, but that can be fixed easily enough.

If anything, I would say that I don't really care for those hands, but it is movie accurate since these guys weren't actually running around with blasters.

Turbowars
03-02-2003, 10:22 PM
;

mini-rock
03-02-2003, 10:39 PM
I don't. They just don't appeal to me. I had tried at one time, but got rid of the ones I had. It's all Hasbro now.:)

derek
03-03-2003, 08:23 PM
Does anyone have these over priced Marmitt figures?

i have the sandtrooper and boba fett and am seriously thinking of getting a few more, like a regular stormtrooper or two.:)

i think the main reason they are "overpriced" is because they are imports, and probably made in a limited quantity.

hasbro could easily make figures like these and sell them for no more than $30 and still make a nice profit.

mini-rock,

why'd you get rid of your marmits? what was wrong with them? was it because they made your hasbro stormtroopers look like john goodman is wearing their armor?:crazed:;)

AmanaMatt
03-05-2003, 02:20 PM
I own every single Star Wars kit that Marmit has put out. In fact, I am soo impressed with these that after getting them, I sold almost all of my Hasbro 12 ers.

THe reason, compared to the awsome Marmits, the Hasbro 12 ers look awful. The difference in qualty is laughable.

I have to disagree with the above post, as I really do not feel they way Hasbro currently operates, I do not think they can even come close. With recent releases, the Umtilate Jango at $50 was as close to Marmit quality as Hasbro has ever done, but honestly, really comparing the U.J. up close and personal, the detail was still quite lacking in overall comparison.

Well, for people like me, I'd rather buy one truly awsome 12" Marmit kit a year for a $100 than 5 of Hasbro's 12"ers for that money, but that is just me.

I highly, higly recommend fans of Stormtroopers to buy the Marmit one, as it is DEAD ON to the actual costume, and in some ways, is my favorite.

derek
03-05-2003, 04:48 PM
I have to disagree with the above post, as I really do not feel they way Hasbro currently operates, I do not think they can even come close. With recent releases, the Umtilate Jango at $50 was as close to Marmit quality as Hasbro has ever done, but honestly, really comparing the U.J. up close and personal, the detail was still quite lacking in overall comparison

i didn't compair jango to the marmit boba fett.:( and the jango fett figure was way overpriced. he didn't use any more plastic than dengar. hasbro was just sticking it to us with that one. he should of been $19 in a regular size box.

and i agree, marmit figures rule. they make hasbro's stuff look horrible, but i do think hasbro could easily duplicate marmit stuff if they wanted to.

the only real difference between a marmit stormtrooper and a hasbro stormtrooper is the material the armor is made of and the scale. as cool as the marmit stormtrooper is, it's really just properly scaled hard plastic armor, as opposed to soft rubber over sized hasbro armor. with all hasbro's resources, they could produce marmit quality stuff, for about $30 a figure, meesa thinks!:crazed:

sith_killer_99
03-05-2003, 05:14 PM
with all hasbro's resources, they could produce marmit quality stuff, for about $30 a figure, meesa thinks!

We should be so lucky.

mini-rock
03-05-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by derek
mini-rock,

why'd you get rid of your marmits? what was wrong with them? was it because they made your hasbro stormtroopers look like john goodman is wearing their armor?:crazed:;)

LOL! No, I just feeel that even though the Marmits were of better quality, that it wasn't much more than what Hasbro makes at a fraction of the price. Money isn't even the issue though, I'm just happier with the Hasbro stuff. Who know's, I could always change my mind in a day or in a year, and have 'em all shipped to my house within a week. IF change my mind.:)

derek
03-05-2003, 07:23 PM
I could always change my mind in a day or in a year, and have 'em all shipped to my house within a week

no, you will send them to MY house...............end jedi mind trick........... ;)

mini-rock
03-05-2003, 07:31 PM
I WILL send them to your house. DAMN my weak mind!!:crazed:

Ook
03-20-2003, 04:45 PM
I don't know if this is old news. I skimmed over this thread again. About the Hasbro/Marmit connection, here's how RebelScum describes their affiliation, "These are kits being made by Hasbro Japan Ltd.". I guess they do own Marmit.

http://www.rebelscum.com/marmit.asp

JediTricks
03-21-2003, 04:03 AM
I'm pretty sure that assumption is wrong. Marmit's Japanese website (http://www.marmit.co.jp/) has licenses that Hasbro doesn't have here or there. They even have company investing info on one of the pages that has no Hasbro affilates. Also, Hasbro Japan doesn't sell toys in Asia so these would have to be figures put out for Tomy.

Ook
03-21-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I'm pretty sure that assumption is wrong. Marmit's Japanese website (http://www.marmit.co.jp/) has licenses that Hasbro doesn't have here or there. They even have company investing info on one of the pages that has no Hasbro affilates. Also, Hasbro Japan doesn't sell toys in Asia so these would have to be figures put out for Tomy.
Okee day, boyo!

mm74md
03-24-2003, 08:56 AM
I know there are tons of people who love these kits, but I need to display my frustrations with my first kit.

I put together my Sandtrooper kit this weekend. Let me just say, it isn't worth it. Where are the instructions? What a pain in the butt. Not only was it very difficult to get some of the armor on, but many things were damaged during assembly.

1) The black body suit ripped in many locations. Thankfully the armor covered them up

2) The smaller pouch on the utilty belt broke off

3) The little handle on the rifle broke

4) One of the hands broke while trying to insert the rifle in the hand. Thankfully there are 2 sets of hands

I can't believe something that normally costs $100+ breaks so easily. I thought these were action figures, but they seem more like models to me.

jpak001
03-24-2003, 10:00 AM
mm74md ,
Yeah, I had the exact same things break on mine too. But I think the figure does look way better than the Hasbro ones when put together. The "trigger finger" hand is pretty weak IMO, not sure why they made that in two pieces. That and the brittlle plastic of his rifle were the only dissapointments to me.

I wonder if the Fett has these same issues?

derek
03-24-2003, 03:59 PM
1) The black body suit ripped in many locations. Thankfully the armor covered them up

heat the armor up befor putting it on. the instructions show a hair dryer being used to soften up the armor.:) you'd be amazed at how easy the armor goes on the body after sticking it in boiling water.

4) One of the hands broke while trying to insert the rifle in the hand. Thankfully there are 2 sets of hands

i bet it was the 3 fingers on the hand that grip the trigger, right?
marmit only recently started sending that hand in one piece. on the other sandtroopers you had to glue the fingers on yourself.

if you guys got the white pad trooper, be glad you didn't get the orange pad version. his backpack comes in about 10 pieces.

AmanaMatt
03-24-2003, 04:54 PM
Warning to all who put these together: know what should be done, because if you are not careful, they will break.

That being said, I have not had a single issue, partly because when I put these togerhter, even on a simple one like the At-At Driver, I take my time, to avoid problems from occurring.

Ook
03-24-2003, 06:33 PM
Here's a page with the instructions in English. I'll be sure to be very careful assembling this guy.

http://www.thebrainwerks.com/maw/marmitmain.html

jpak001
03-24-2003, 07:55 PM
That page is pretty sweet, thanks for the link!

I keep telling myself that I cant afford them, but I have a feeling these two sandtroopers wont be my last Marmits....

mm74md
03-26-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by vadersfist
Here's a page with the instructions in English. I'll be sure to be very careful assembling this guy.

http://www.thebrainwerks.com/maw/marmitmain.html

Darn! I put this puppy together with my teenage nephew while visiting family. No computer & no internet sucks sometimes. I didn't get any instructions at all with mine.

And yes, these do LOOk great!

mm74md
03-26-2003, 01:54 PM
Ok, I am much happier now that I have instructions. I have fixed him all up and now I will say....Well worth the $44.99!!!!!

Thanks again vadersfist for the instructions!!!

Ook
03-28-2003, 09:54 PM
UPS brought mine yesterday. I looked at those instructions and realized they're for the orange trooper. There are some graphical instructions on my sergeant's sheet that I can't interpret. They show a square in the middle of the chest armor indicating something you're aupposed to do.... If anyone find's the sergeant instructions in English, please LMK....

jpak001
03-28-2003, 11:58 PM
Hey vaderfist,
I think that square in the chest armor is for the Velcro. Mine came with a little square of velcro that (I'm guessing) your supposed to glue or sew one piece on the inside chest armor, and the other on his bodysuit.

That was the only thing I could think that square was for. I didn't use the velcro on mine though, it doesn't really seem like he needs it IMO.

Ook
03-29-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by jpak001
Hey vaderfist,
I think that square in the chest armor is for the Velcro. Mine came with a little square of velcro that (I'm guessing) your supposed to glue or sew one piece on the inside chest armor, and the other on his bodysuit.

That was the only thing I could think that square was for. I didn't use the velcro on mine though, it doesn't really seem like he needs it IMO.
Yeah, it actaully says that on the instructions on that site. I missed it.

What kind of glue do you use on the elastic bands that go on the backpack & armor? It says to use vinyl glue on soft plastic parts, and super glue on hard plastic....?

jpak001
03-29-2003, 03:15 PM
I only used super glue on mine, seems to work just fine! :)

On the white pauldron Sandtrooper, you only need to glue the straps on the soft plastic armor since his backpack is already put together (like Derek has said).

You also need to attach straps to his backpack, but you don't need to actually glue the straps to his backpack. Just feed the rubber straps through the top and bottom bar of the 'pack, then glue the strap back onto itself (making a loop). The rubber doesn't bond instantly, so you'll need to hold it in place for a few minutes.

At first I didn't like the rubber straps it came with and was going to wait until I could find some military straps to use, but I got impatient and ended up doing it this way. Worked out great for me!:D Plus I got an extra for customizing purposes, so I can always do the military strap idea if I still want to = it's all good:)

Ook
03-29-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by jpak001
I only used super glue on mine, seems to work just fine! :)

On the white pauldron Sandtrooper, you only need to glue the straps on the soft plastic armor since his backpack is already put together (like Derek has said).

You also need to attach straps to his backpack, but you don't need to actually glue the straps to his backpack. Just feed the rubber straps through the top and bottom bar of the 'pack, then glue the strap back onto itself (making a loop). The rubber doesn't bond instantly, so you'll need to hold it in place for a few minutes.

At first I didn't like the rubber straps it came with and was going to wait until I could find some military straps to use, but I got impatient and ended up doing it this way. Worked out great for me!:D Plus I got an extra for customizing purposes, so I can always do the military strap idea if I still want to = it's all good:)
Did yours come with elastic and rubber straps? Mine did. So you used the rubber ones for the backpack and the armor?

jpak001
03-29-2003, 03:54 PM
Mine came with rubber and elastic straps. The strap assortment was a little confusing... pretty much just had to guess what goes where.

I used the "rubber bands" on the backpack (had to cut them too), and used the elastic everywhere else. I'm not sure if this is what I was supposed to do, but it seems to have worked out so I'm happy!

Ook
03-29-2003, 04:18 PM
Thanks, dude. I'll glue 'im today! :)

jpak001
03-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Right on man, good luck!

Ook
03-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the tips, jpak. He's all set, and looks incredible! This guy is by far the best figural representation of a stormtrooper I have ever seen.

I used the elastic on the shoulder armor, and the rubber on the backpack. I surprised to find that the elastic bonds well with the plastic; it's on like a vise. I left too much slack though, and the things kept slipping off. I had to cut them and re-glue w/ less slack. I also broke the gun in two places, broke the fingers off the trigger hand and ripped the suit at the hand joint. Heh. Glued the gun, and I think I'll put a stitch in the suit. The fabric is getting in the way of the hand staying on. The hands aren't exactly anchored there, are they? Well, at least he displays well wo/ falling apart. It's pretty damn nice. Looks outstanding!

It reminds me of how much I wanted to get my own costume after seeing them all at the SWC cons. Man, I'd really like one. Wish I could get one in time for SWCIII!

Ronin
04-09-2003, 03:19 AM
My AT-AT Driver came the last days, did anybody notice Marmit missed out the red stripe on the backside of the helmet ?
I have all 6 Marmit figures but this is the first mistake i have ever seen. But it is a great figure anyway. I can't wait for the Vader !

Exhaust Port
04-09-2003, 09:03 AM
I got my first Marmit in the mail this last week, the Sandtrooper that was on sale. Looks awesome in the box! I know that's not where the Marmits shine but I'm a bit tight on room right now so that's where he'll have to stay. I'm really looking forward to setting this guy up properly.

Ronin
04-09-2003, 12:01 PM
For all you Marmit Fans out there ! Marmit Dewback Patrol: http://Spaceshop-online.de/NewsImages/DewbackPatrol.jpg

Exhaust Port
04-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Very nice Ronin.

Darth Cruel
04-25-2003, 07:34 PM
I got my Sandtrooper (white pauldron) for 64 dollars today. Did I get a good price? I am just starting on the Marmits (though I have wanted to from the start).

derek
04-25-2003, 08:33 PM
yea, that's a good price. they usually sell between $80-$120!:crazed: of course, they were being blown out for $45 a few months ago, but $60'ish is still good.

where did you get it?

are you gonna use the marmit body it came with, or customize it? i suggest the dragon body.:)

Turbowars
04-25-2003, 08:47 PM
you mean you buy these for $100 bucks and you still need to use a after market body. Man that suckss. I guess the armor is the best part of them. :confused:

derek
04-25-2003, 09:00 PM
the marmit body is OK, and it works fine with the armor, but i prefer using a dragon body on mine. marmit bodies don't have a head, and are not as articulated as the dragon, BBI or super joe figures i prefer.:)

.........and i didn't pay $100 for mine, except for boba fett.;)

i got my five sandtroopers for $45-$60.:cool:

Darth Cruel
04-25-2003, 10:59 PM
I got it on Ebay. 56.00 plus 9.00 shipping (so I guess that is 65.00). I like the dragon body idea, derek. I do want mine to have a face.

sergiurusu
08-04-2012, 03:50 AM
I know this is an old thread but thought some might be able to help

I recently got a 1:6 Marmit AT-AT Driver which came without the decals. They were simply missing from its box. It seems the Marmit AT-AT Driver comes with two sets of decals. If someone who has this figure and decides to sell the extra set of decals please let me know. See below how the decals should look like (picture from ebay):

Please help a fellow collector! Your help would be most highly appreciated!

Thank you

sergiurusu
08-16-2012, 05:51 AM
I recently received a superb 1:6 Marmit AT-AT driver in box. It is a very accurate figure, Marmit even knew somehow the screen used armor was light gray and not white as we thought it was till recently. And finally my Marmit AT-AT Driver is complete with original decals/stickers (the original ones must have slipped outside the box), thanks to a good member who helped me by sending a set of original stickers for chest box and back armor. Here it is:

jonthejedi
08-18-2012, 03:25 AM
I forgot what a beautiful figure Marmit made. Congrats, Serg. I have a Marmit Sandtrooper somewhere packed away. I've seen your awesome collection...where is he going to be displayed?

sergiurusu
08-19-2012, 12:56 AM
I forgot what a beautiful figure Marmit made. Congrats, Serg. I have a Marmit Sandtrooper somewhere packed away. I've seen your awesome collection...where is he going to be displayed?

Thanks, it is already on display next to the Marmit Stormtrooper.

sergiurusu
09-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Partial display including the newly acquired Marmit figures:

jonthejedi
09-14-2012, 04:42 AM
Looks awesome, Serg. Where are the 1/6th scale power(gonk) droid & Imperial droids from...which line?

sergiurusu
09-15-2012, 02:18 AM
Looks awesome, Serg. Where are the 1/6th scale power(gonk) droid & Imperial droids from...which line?

Thanks Jon. They were custom made, the Gonk was made from scratch, and the astromechs from Hasbro 12" droids :)