PDA

View Full Version : Vaders Skull!!!

GNT
10-04-2001, 10:22 AM
Collectstarwars.com (www.collectstarwars.com) has a picture up of Vaders skull,both front and back without the helmet on, so if you haven't seen it or want to see it check it out right here (http://www.collectstarwars.com/images/EWvader_unmasked.jpg)

pretty interesting, But I thought Vader was part Human, part Machine and not a skull!

Thoughts???

JediCole
10-04-2001, 10:34 AM
Looks almost like a Halloween PEZ!
Though in answer to the question of Vader's part human/part machine status, the Force lightning from the Emperor caused Vader's skull to glow blue-white through his helmet, the effect the figure is seeking to reproduce. As we saw when Vader's helmet was removed, his head is, more or less, intact. Obviously at least one of his arms is a machine, however.
An additional thought on that picture:
How many licks does it take to get to the glowing skull center of a Vader Pop? The world may never know...

master jedi
10-04-2001, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by JediCole
How many licks does it take to get to the glowing skull center of a Vader Pop? The world may never know...

It's three licks I tell you. 3!

This picture makes me want the figure even more.

JediCole
10-05-2001, 11:14 AM
I knew it! Master Jedi is really Mr. Owl! Looks like you fell for my cunning plan. (Incidentally, Sith Worm is really Alexander the Great, I know because I tricked him into taking a AlexandertheGreatAlizer test that he thought was an AtillatheHunAlizer test!)

JediTricks
10-05-2001, 12:59 PM
But Mr Owl is a big jerk, he steals that kid's Tootsie-pop and takes a huge bite out of it!

;)

master jedi
10-05-2001, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
But Mr Owl is a big jerk, he steals that kid's Tootsie-pop and takes a huge bite out of it!
;)

But in this case I take the Tootsie-pop. Or should I say the Tootsie-Vader. :) :p

Jedi Learner
10-05-2001, 03:13 PM
I remember George Lucas saying somewhere that Vader's arms and legs are bionic (hence his towering size and immense physical strength). His torso and head, I guess, are pretty much original equipment. There is an animation cel drawing on the Behind the Magic CD-ROM of Vader's skull (used to create the X-ray effect as Vader is being shocked) which indicates that even his skull and neck vertebrae have some mechanical elements.

P.S. Mr. Owl IS a big jerk.

JediTricks
10-06-2001, 10:33 AM
In the animated skeletal structure sequence of ROTJ, you can see SOME natural upper arms, I believe, but it's clear his lower arms definitely are cybernetic. I think one arm is more robotic than the other too.

Starfig873
10-06-2001, 12:21 PM
Which could lead back to my theory that Annie gets his hand cut off sometime in Ep.II or III. But it is just a theory....

Mandalorian Candidat
10-08-2001, 12:05 PM
Darth Spicolli to Emperor Hand: "That was my skull!"

Lobito
10-08-2001, 03:14 PM
This reminds me of a MOTU figure named "Scareglow" anyone remember this guy??