PDA

View Full Version : All Users Online: (MERGED)

187-Maul
07-03-2002, 08:09 AM
what happened to the "All Users Online" thing at the bottom of thge main-forum page?

Jason B
07-03-2002, 08:30 AM
It's gone?
Yep it's gone. ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
07-03-2002, 11:35 AM
I guess Deckard Smith is coming back on-line but wanted complete anonymity. :confused:

Beast
07-03-2002, 01:47 PM
I think Sir Steve loaded a new version of the forum software, and hasn't loaded the extra features yet. It really needs to be brought back. It's so much easier to send PM's, or contact a Mod if you can actually see their names at the bottom of the page. Now it's such a pain, because you have to dig up one of their posts to send a PM. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
07-03-2002, 04:04 PM
I'm glad I'm not going crazy. I noticed it was missing yesterday and it was starting to bother me.:D

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-03-2002, 06:14 PM
And I thought someone hacked into the system.

Tycho
07-03-2002, 06:21 PM
At the bottom of the main forums page (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/index.php?s=) it used to list who's online.

This made it easy to private message people and find them, or their last post.

I'd like to see this feature return. I've only noticed it's been gone for a few days now.

I did post this in the comments forum, but don't know if many people go there, as it was my first post in that section that I can remember.

What do you guys think about bringing this feature back?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-03-2002, 06:26 PM
I sure would like it back.

Tycho
07-03-2002, 06:27 PM
Whoops. I posted a thread about this too. Ummm. Maybe I'll just leave it for now and let another moderator delete or merge it so they see how interested we all are in this issue too.

I did state the demand to "BRING BACK the users online feature in the subject. *hint* (187-Maul can you still edit the title of your post to make it ask for the feature to be brought back? Hit "edit" under your original post and just add the words to the front of the title).

But I have no control over this. I can't recall if I mentioned it to Steve or not, as there were other programming issues I had sought his attention on.

Anyway, the text of my message was:

At the bottom of the main forums page (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/index.php?s=) it used to list who's online.

This made it easy to private message people and find them, or their last post.

I'd like to see this feature return. I've only noticed it's been gone for a few days now.

Please bring this back! Thanks - Tycho

Beast
07-03-2002, 06:28 PM
I concur with the honorable representitive from the Mouse Droid Federation. A commission must be appointed. :D

Yes, it needs to be brought back. It's such a pain when you want to PM someone, and you have to browse around looking for one of their posts. This way, if they are on-line you can just shoot them a PM.

I think the only reason it's missing, is due to Sir Steve loading a new version of the forums software. I hope it's coming back, it just made navigating the forums so much easier. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
07-04-2002, 12:35 AM
I'm like 99% sure that no new version of the software was loaded. I don't know why it's gone, but last time it left, it was because WO was using up too much system resources.

If people are in your buddy list, it'll tell you when they're online whenever you pop up your buddy list or go to your user control panel.

Jargo
07-04-2002, 03:04 PM
The who's online was dumped for taking too much server bandwidth but the users online surely can't drain that much? It only lists the users and there hasn't been that many people online lately. Plus it doesn't auto update while you view the page like the who's online function did.
I can see why the who's online went but the users online is one of the friendly aspects of the site. You come in and know who's here and stick around if there's people who are buddies. If you come in via the main index like I do it's welcoming. I only ever visit the user cp section if I have a PM or want to change an avatar. Plus i don't really use the buddy thing. Can't see the point when the users online was much better.
If i whinge anymore I'll melt :rolleyes:

Please bring back the users online feature. :)

JediTricks
07-05-2002, 11:48 PM
It'll come back soon, but it's not as simple a display system as you might think. It's a pretty heavy draw compared to other features.

Beast
07-08-2002, 01:33 AM
It's back, It's back, hooray it's back!!! :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
07-08-2002, 01:38 AM
Let's all thank ourselves and special thanks to JediTricks, who no doubt had something to do with this.

And a hearty thank you goes out to SirSteve, who's likely most preferred thankyou is that we all shut-up about this now ;)

But I'm glad it's back too! Yippee!

Jason B
07-08-2002, 02:28 AM
It seems bass-ackwards to me. :confused:

JediTricks
07-08-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Let's all thank ourselves and special thanks to JediTricks, who no doubt had something to do with this.

And a hearty thank you goes out to SirSteve, who's likely most preferred thankyou is that we all shut-up about this now ;)

But I'm glad it's back too! Yippee! I had absolutely nothing to do with it, so thank me not. :D Steve did though...

Jason, what's the problem? I'm not seeing it.