PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Vanish Trick??

maul4ever
07-03-2002, 10:44 AM
WHY DOES OBI WAN AND YODA VANICH WHEN THEY DIE AND NOT QUI GON, ANAKIN, AND THE FALLEN JEDI IN EP2

anarky
07-03-2002, 10:59 AM
we all wanna know--and lucas will hopefully tell us in e3

we know liam neeson is supposedly back as qui-gon in e3

we know jedi couldn't vanish prior to aotc--eu be darned!

we know that yoda teaches obi-wan--and anakin probably vanished just because he was the chosen one

we know yoda and obi-wan mastered it between e3 and e4

and yoda is surprised when he hears qui-gon in aotc--check the book--page 276, i believe

maul4ever
07-03-2002, 11:01 AM
QUI GON IS BACK AS A SPIRIT OR AS A HUMAN?

anarky
07-03-2002, 11:05 AM
nobody knows yet--though this is supposedly a fact that he'll return, i'd still take it with a grain of salt--after all, it was "fact" that christopher walken would play the bad guy in aotc a couple of years ago

LTBasker
07-03-2002, 01:27 PM
It has been said that Qui-Gon didn't dissapear when he died because he wasn't prepared. Obi-Wan and Yoda both knew they were going to die...but from a certain point of view.

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 04:38 PM
So maybe Obi-Wans "Certain point of view" thing has legitimate origins! :D

Obi-Don
07-03-2002, 09:14 PM
This just one of the many things I wish GL would have left out or put in for all. Either they all can do this when they die or not at all. To me this ranks up there with the Midichorains[spelling?]

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 10:13 PM
"Midichlorians."

Yes...it's probably just a special technique. Yoda, the most powerful Jedi, knew all along how to do it, I imagine. But Obi-Wan was, I'd suppose, the only person he taught it to.

Beast
07-03-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Yes...it's probably just a special technique. Yoda, the most powerful Jedi, knew all along how to do it, I imagine. But Obi-Wan was, I'd suppose, the only person he taught it to.
I don't think that Yoda knew all along how to do it. The novel says that Yoda doesn't understand how Qui-Gon could be one with the force, and still maintain his personality. Or somthing like that, it's all on page 276. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-03-2002, 10:31 PM
How many pages long is Page 276 anyways? ;)

lunchymeatball
07-04-2002, 05:08 AM
"Midichlorians."

Good point.
It would make sense that should anything happen to either of them, they would take steps prior to their deaths to "watch over" the twins who are the last hope.

That sounds good to me. Yoda taught Obi Wan how to become a spirit should he die before Luke is trained.

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 08:57 AM
Well, we'll all find out in 3 long years. :D

2-1B
07-04-2002, 09:24 AM
DeadEye, what does Natalie Portman have to say about the vanishing trick? :confused: Couldn't she tell from the movie/book that Yoda was surprised at Qui-Gon's voice? :confused:

scruffziller
07-04-2002, 05:41 PM
OR MY DECLARATION OF THEORY. Qui Gonn didn't really die. He is a dark Jedi and will be back in EPS3 that is the big secret. HARD TO SEE THE DARKSIDE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 07:12 PM
Yes, Yoda actually didn't know about the trick as of AOTC. The best hint she knew of was when Ben said, "I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

And scruffziller, your theory has some plausibility to it. Since Dooku was a Sith, he could have corrupted Qui-Gon, who knew Obi-Wan was too much of a goody-goody to be corrupted--which was why he wanted to ditch Obi-Wan and train Anakin.

morecow299
07-06-2002, 10:05 AM
all of these ideas are possible
qui gon becoming a dark jedi can make sense from a certain point of view
it would be pretty cool too
i guess we'll have to wait and see

Jason B
07-06-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by morecow299
all of these ideas are possible

And some are just stupid. :p

Toad
07-11-2002, 12:09 PM
Yes, Yoda actually didn't know about the trick as of AOTC. The best hint she knew of was when Ben said, "I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

Who is "she"?

DarthBatman
07-12-2002, 12:42 AM
Um, Qui Gon's body was burned on a pyre... How does a Dark jedi survive that?

Beast
07-12-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by DarthBatman
Um, Qui Gon's body was burned on a pyre... How does a Dark jedi survive that?
Asbestos Underwear or Instant Dehydrated Sith Lord, just add water. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
07-12-2002, 06:18 AM
Ok, so maybe the novel mentions that Yoda is puzzled at how Qui-Gon could've been able to maintain his personality and become one with the Force, but does anyone have a copy of the script? The novel was not written by Lucas, and is wrought with the author's own personal exposition and a good deal of artistic license where the blanks needed to be filled in. A lot of people seem to think the novel is the be-all, end-all for answers, but I assure you that is not the case. In some cases, the movie adaptions border on EU. If I recall correctly, the novelization of ROTJ states that Ben Kenobi and Owen Lars are brothers. At this point, the script is the closest thing we will have to real answers to these kinds of questions, and even the information contained there is subject to change.

Nebulaz
07-13-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by maul4ever
WHY DOES OBI WAN AND YODA VANICH WHEN THEY DIE AND NOT QUI GON, ANAKIN, AND THE FALLEN JEDI IN EP2

They were better magicans?