PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Captain Antilles' figure made?

Tycho
10-04-2001, 01:24 PM
I want the captain!

He should have elbow articulation and wrist articulation, so he can hold a normal pose, a rebel blaster rifle, all as well as hold his hands to his throat when Vader chokes him.

Lobito
10-04-2001, 01:46 PM
Me!!! I will love to have Cap. Antilles.

master jedi
10-04-2001, 04:55 PM
I've wondered for a long time why they keep making resculpts and not working on the ones they haven't made.

Starfig873
10-04-2001, 08:08 PM
Yes! He'd be an awesome figure...at least he'd add on to the death toll in figure form. But yes, he is a needed character.

Jargo
10-04-2001, 08:34 PM
Now that I have some little faith that hasbro can actually make a figural representation of a human and not make it look like a manekin of a norse legends hero, I say yes - bring it on and give it the same care you took with the rebel fleet trooper. he would look fine commanding a detachment of troopers or simply hanging around......... :)

Rollo Tomassi
10-05-2001, 10:21 AM
"hanging around" HAH! Your sly British wit floors me!! Ooooh...I gotta sit down after that one....

What were we talking about? Oh yeah. Capt. Colton Antilles of the Alderannian Defense Fleet Ship Tantive IV. Yes please!!!

And Hem Dazon, also. (i just thought I'd throw that in there...)

JediCole
10-05-2001, 11:11 AM
I too will stand up to be counted amoungst those who want to see Captain Antilles produced! He would make a great counterpoint to the Rebel Fleet Troopers and an excellent addition for "army builders" who want the odd commander for their Rebel forces.

JediTricks
10-05-2001, 12:58 PM
What timing, check out this thread I just started, it mentions this same thing: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1155

Jargo
10-05-2001, 05:40 PM
"hanging around" HAH! Your sly British wit floors me!! Ooooh...I gotta sit down after that one....
Yeah whatever. :rolleyes:

General Veers
10-05-2001, 06:58 PM
O yeah I'm all for the good captain...but I would rather have a CS with Vader choking Captain Antillies and a Commtech Stormtrooper:D :D

JEDIpartner
10-11-2001, 09:53 AM
For as much as we'd like a CS of that... I we all know that ain't gonna happen anytime soon!

I would LOVE to see a Captain Antilles made. If it doesn't happen, I guess we can just put another Fleet Trooper in as a stand-in.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-11-2001, 11:10 AM
Why the Captain? We're already getting the Tantive IV trooper who is pretty indistinguishable from Antilles. Just get that one and make believe.

Let Hasbro concentrate on more desired figures, like the umpteenth resculpt of Obi-Wan or 'Cookie Jar stealing Anakin'.

evenflow
10-12-2001, 09:23 AM
I am down for the Captain. I think with the new trooper coming out, and the supposed rescultps of it, why not make him one of them.

ACPin
10-12-2001, 10:28 AM
I didn't realize that this thread was already started until Jedipartnr mentioned it. I had a similar one on the Dear Hasbro forums.

Rebel Officers (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1223)

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Why the Captain? We're already getting the Tantive IV trooper who is pretty indistinguishable from Antilles. Just get that one and make believe.

Let Hasbro concentrate on more desired figures, like the umpteenth resculpt of Obi-Wan or 'Cookie Jar stealing Anakin'.

Capt. Colton Antilles had more a tan outfit, rather than the regular grey w/black vest of the common troops.

Oh and in addition to the Hem Dazon I mentioned above, I want Rebel techs in gray coveralls. (just thought I'd throw that in there.)

GeneralKenobi
03-23-2002, 03:15 AM
Captain Antilles would kick!

Jayspawn
03-23-2002, 11:22 AM
Yes I do!

Bring it on Hasbro!

Lman316
03-23-2002, 07:53 PM
Yeah, I want him. I already have a scene set up with some CT Stormtroopers vs. some new Rebel Fleet Troopers. I could set up Antilles next to that....I think it would look really cool, but I think we would need a new Vader to choke him, like in the movie.
But yeah, put me down as a yes for this one.

mark2d2
03-24-2002, 07:22 AM
Like my childhood idol, Darth Vader, I'd...uh...pick him up.

Jargo
03-24-2002, 03:23 PM
I'd snap up a Captain Antilles figure. Now more than ever. I've just started building up my rebels now that I have a fairly decent showing of Imperials to do battle with them. I'm a little disappointed in the rebel fleet trooper but he's way better than the POTF2 version and I have high hopes for the head variant not looking like John Ritter :D So I'd love a Captain Antilles to command my troopers. Bring him on boys!

Amanamike
03-24-2002, 11:05 PM
They have to make it. It was the scene that showed us first how mean Darth Vader really was. He did get more ***** after that, but it was a good start. One of my favorite scenes in a movie. Make him you dirty SOBS at Hasbro Make him!!!!!!!!!

SithDroid
03-25-2002, 02:35 AM
The answer is yes.

Rollo Tomassi
03-25-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
The answer is yes.

Did somebody shake their magic eight-ball?;)

SithDroid
03-25-2002, 10:03 AM
***(In Madam Cleo voice).***... The cards do not lie!:crazed: :D

Tycho
03-25-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

Did somebody shake their magic eight-ball?;)

It must have been my Weequay! :D

jedi master sal
03-29-2002, 09:28 AM
This has been a heavily sought after fig for quite some time. One can only hope that the powers that be will listen.

hukilu
03-29-2002, 05:01 PM
I would definitely toast my Capt. Morgans to a Capt. Antilles.

Cotasnoova
03-30-2002, 01:19 PM
I want a General Antilles!

Tycho
03-31-2002, 03:33 AM
By GENERAL Antilles, I assume you refer to Wedge's roles after accepting promotions in the New Republic Navy in the Expanded Universe. To another Rogue Squadron fan with a screen name like Tycho (from Capt Tycho Celchu for those who didn't know), I'd normally agree.

But if they make EU figures of an older Wedge, why have they not done Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo - and why not do a Jedi MASTER Luke Skywalker and some Yuuzhan Vong for him to fight first?

But this thread is about Captain Colton Antilles - probably an Alderaanian, not Corellian, and of no relation to Wedge.

Incidently, Rogue Squadron's commander's father was JAGGED ANTILLES. An outer-space gas station owner killed with his wife when pirates fought there to escape Corellian authorities.

Cotasnoova
03-31-2002, 10:36 AM
ok

Tycho
03-31-2002, 05:39 PM
LOL!

Did I post too much information there Cotasnoova?

It's from reading like every Star Wars comic or book that's ever came out. I'm REALLY into it. So much I ought to be embarassed were I not actually having a lot of fun! :)

Beast
03-31-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
LOL! Did I post too much information there Cotasnoova?
It's from reading like every Star Wars comic or book that's ever came out. I'm REALLY into it. So much I ought to be embarassed were I not actually having a lot of fun! :)
I know what ya mean Tycho. I scared this lady and her daughter once that were picking up figures for her son's birthday. I was at TRU, and they were looking over the figures and asked me a couple questions about a few of them. "Why doesn't this Luke come with a Lightsaber?" was one of them, there was a couple other things they asked, and they stared in disbelief when I was answering their questions. Sometimes it's a curse to be such a Star Wars geek. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
03-31-2002, 05:52 PM
They asked you didn't they?

Why do people ask questions if they WANT 'uh...I don't know' as an answer?

Speak up Mr. Hand and Mr. Spicolli!

That would be gnarly dude!

Cotasnoova
03-31-2002, 08:58 PM
Sorry all I read was the forum name. I'll be more careful next time. Oh yeah, I read all the books, but the comics suck in my opinion (there is no need to reply to this or get angered as this is only my opinion). To bad the Lucas has stated several times that the comics and books are just a bunch of babble and has no reflection on his Star Wars. So for all I care, the Antilles you are speaking of, does not exist, and neither does my General Antilles. As he was never referred to as General in the movies. I do love the Vong, but Emperor's Hammer was a little weak.

Tycho
03-31-2002, 09:14 PM
I was kidding Cotasnoova, moreover referring to JarJar's lady in the toy store asking the questions.

You never asked about Colton Antilles rank or relation to Wedge. I'm just one of those idiotic Rogue Squadron fans that has a 5 page thesis on why the Rebels actually won the Battle of Hoth ready to post in case somebody asks.

(I'm kidding again).

Cotasnoova
03-31-2002, 09:18 PM
I am a loyal to the Empire THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD HAVE WON AT HOTH OR ENDOR. I want your report. I would love to read it. Down with Rogues is my new motto. LOL

(i would like to see it)

Beast
03-31-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I'm just one of those idiotic Rogue Squadron fans that has a 5 page thesis on why the Rebels actually won the Battle of Hoth ready to post in case somebody asks.(I'm kidding again).
Well, from a certain point of veiw they did. The objective wasn't to beat the troops, as that would have been impossible. All the battle was meant for was to hold off the Imperial troops until they could evacuate Hoth. Since the AT-AT's didn't actually destroy the shield generator until all the crafts other then the falcon were away, they technically would have been counted as winning that one. None of the big leaders were captured or killed, that we know of either. Though Riekeen does disapeer after Hoth...hmm, anyone know if in the EU he died on Hoth, or was captured? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
04-06-2002, 07:56 PM
Captain Antilles would be great! I'd love to see a neutral posed carded version AND a two pack version with the Cap being strangled by a properly scaled (FINALLY!) Vader! Of course, that's just WAY too much to hope for.:(

BoShek
04-07-2002, 01:05 AM
Riekeen is on the Star Wars Rouge Sqadron game but I don't know if that helps.