PDA

View Full Version : for the love of pete!!!

AT-ATstuntdriver
07-03-2002, 03:34 PM
is there any way to get todd mcfarlane to take over the star wars line, at least the people part of it?
i finally found a han endor raid today, i was so excited! until i looked at him close...his left eye is looking up, while his right eye is looking at me! wtf? same thing with an unleashed darth maul!
hasbro is really losing it!:frus:

could you imagine sw toys with the detail of mcfarlane toys? what a dream come true!:D

brentfett
07-03-2002, 03:38 PM
Sounds good to me!

Thunderstorm1
07-03-2002, 03:38 PM
I think it would be very interesting to see what McFarlane would do with the line. You have my vote!

AT-ATstuntdriver
07-03-2002, 03:40 PM
alright, 2 have signed up so far...time for a crusade!!!!!

Rogue II
07-03-2002, 03:44 PM
Aren't all of his figures pretty much statues? At times, Hasbro has great sculpts and articulation. I just wish they were more consistent....and quit making those gimmicks.

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 04:04 PM
Statues, eh? Look at the Metal Gear Solid 2 line...:D

Forhekset
07-03-2002, 04:05 PM
If I've learned anything from the Saga line, it's that now more than ever you really have to watch out for good paint jobs. If you only see one of a figure on the pegs, and it has a bad paint job, don't get it on impulse...just wait, you'll see the fig again. I've even had to root around for a good paint job with the new Unleashed figs that cost $15. You would think those at least could have some consistent quality. Oh well.

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 04:07 PM
Forhekset, there is a flaw in your logic: I've never seen any Dookus or Hangar Duel Anakins since I got mine.

evenflow
07-03-2002, 04:09 PM
McFarlane would do the best job with Star Wars, they would be amazing. It owuld be cool if he could do like 10 or 12 at first and see what happens.

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 04:32 PM
Yes, but McFarlane's figures are larger, so it would be impossible to make as many.

Forhekset
07-03-2002, 04:38 PM
That's weird, DeadEye. I can remember seeing several Dookus and HD Anakins at one time, on many different occasions. So far I've seen at least 5-10 of every figure on the pegs at once, at least 3 different times. And I don't even think the distribution in my area is all that good.... Maybe you aren't looking at the right times.

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 04:44 PM
The only way I can ever get to stores is on weekends, and by then the scalpers have already done their work. :cry:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-03-2002, 04:47 PM
One thing's for sure, if McFarline did run Hasbro, we'd have huge packaged figures. Higher prices. :mad:

conli olper
07-03-2002, 04:50 PM
how bout toy biz. imagen how cool super posable star wars figs would be *30 odd points of articulation like the new spiderman figs* i spose that many points probably wouldnt be possible considering the garments on star wars figs are a little more complicated than spidey's spandex. but still, i reckon toy biz would do a way better job with posability than hasbro. also, toy biz figures are heaps bigger than hasbro figs for about the same price, if not less. only downside i can see with toy biz doing star wars would be we probably wouldnt see as many figures put out. that said, i am pretty happy with hasbro for now. i like what its done with the lastest figs.

Beast
07-03-2002, 04:53 PM
No thanks on McFarlane or Toy Biz. The scale would likely change, since when the line came up for renewal some of the big name companies submitted their concept figures to Lucasfilm. Only Hasbro kept the 4" scale. And McFarlane and Toy Biz arn't known for their vehicles, so that would likely end as well. Not to mention the price would likely go up to around 10.00 a figure, after those companies had to pay the licensing fees. I'll stick with Hasbro, thank you. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-03-2002, 04:56 PM
Imagine if Jakks Pacific took over Hasbro. :dead:

conli olper
07-03-2002, 04:57 PM
id love to get my hands on some of those concept figures

tagmac
07-03-2002, 05:07 PM
McFarlane is also known for sticking "Chase" figs (one per every cases - different figs in different regions), not to mention all the color changes. Just look at what they've done with the NHL and NBA lines - so many rare figures it drives collectors crazy. If McFarlane took over the SW line, not only would your chances of getting every figure (and at store prices) be mninimal, but the scalpers would have an absolute field day, jacking up prices on the numerous "rare" figures that would be out there. Add to the fact that McFarlane tooses in figs that don't even get pictured on the website, and you'd be going even more nuts trying to complete your collection.

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 05:11 PM
JAKKS pacific? I didn't know Jedi wrestled...:rolleyes: :D:p

thespar
07-03-2002, 09:57 PM
just leave it with hasbro. They just need to get their act vack on track.

LTBasker
07-03-2002, 10:04 PM
Then we'd be swimming in bloody/non-bloody variants even on figures that never showed blood. :p

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 10:07 PM
Exactly. Don't fix something that isn't broken.

Beast
07-03-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Then we'd be swimming in bloody/non-bloody variants even on figures that never showed blood. :p
Yeah, and you thought that Hasbro made Padme's bust to big. Just think if McFarlane or Mattel got ahold of them. Both are known for the superhero sized female chests on their figures. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Unit-01
07-03-2002, 10:20 PM
Art Asylum ;) .

http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=11

thespar
07-04-2002, 10:49 PM
seen their working they could well for the star wars toys.

LTBasker
07-04-2002, 11:37 PM
If you want Chewies to come out looking like that huge Klingon doll from not too long ago that hardly sold.

Jonna
07-04-2002, 11:57 PM
Wait! Now I know that I am coming into this discussion late, but who is Pete and why should I love him?

On a side note: Who really has the cash to pay $15 a figure for like 60 some odd figures a year. I would stop collecting really fast.

Beast
07-05-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Jonna
On a side note: Who really has the cash to pay $15 a figure for like 60 some odd figures a year. I would stop collecting really fast.
Amenaman, not only does Hasbro do a good job for a decent price, but they deliver alot of obscure figures that I doubt that any of the other companies would do. Especially if they took the line over now. Because you know they would start over with the core charecters all in their ANH outfits. Luke, Han, Leia, Obi-Wan, Vader, C-3PO, R2-D2. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Unit-01
07-05-2002, 09:55 AM
If you want Chewies to come out looking like that huge Klingon doll from not too long ago that hardly sold.

Did you even check out the link?

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Unit-01

Did you even check out the link?

I saw'em already. If AA did SW figures they would probably size them to meet their scale, not keep the regular scale of figures, which I like because huge 6" figures are hard to pack into one box. ;)

The detailing on those figures isn't bad, it's just how they use the detailing is kinda eh. They're the ones who made that huge Klingon figure, and I'm sure they would love to do that to Chewbacca. :eek:

Darkross
07-05-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
No thanks on McFarlane or Toy Biz. The scale would likely change, since when the line came up for renewal some of the big name companies submitted their concept figures to Lucasfilm. Only Hasbro kept the 4" scale. And McFarlane and Toy Biz arn't known for their vehicles, so that would likely end as well. Not to mention the price would likely go up to around 10.00 a figure, after those companies had to pay the licensing fees. I'll stick with Hasbro, thank you. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I'm with JarJar...I already pay $10.00 or more per figure and I love the 3.75" scale. Keep it up Hasbro!

Unit-01
07-05-2002, 12:43 PM

I saw'em already. If AA did SW figures they would probably size them to meet their scale, not keep the regular scale of figures, which I like because huge 6" figures are hard to pack into one box. ;)

The detailing on those figures isn't bad, it's just how they use the detailing is kinda eh. They're the ones who made that huge Klingon figure, and I'm sure they would love to do that to Chewbacca. :eek:

Well I doubt they'll be able to do them anyway. Their new ST figures are WAY better than those over-sized freaks they did before.

DarthBrandon
07-05-2002, 01:19 PM
I'd have to agree with JarJarBinks on this one, even though I know that Hasbro isn't doing nearly a good a job as I know they could. They must listen to the collectors and make all figures with good articulation, bendable knees arms and legs, holsters with guns, lightsaber hilts, cloth robes, removable helmets etc. They have come a long way, but I wish they were listening more.

Unit-01
07-05-2002, 02:29 PM
And they CAN do it.

Wolfwood319
07-05-2002, 08:45 PM
I'd like to see McF do a "classics" line, or throw Vader into an MM line (not going to happen, though.) Since I switch from collecting SW to collecting McF I'm actually enjoying McF more. Its a wider range of figs, and the sculpts are the best. And to those who think they're ''statues;" you obviously haven't seen any Spawn line 19 and up. More articulation than most Star Wars figs nowadays.

Lord Tenebrous
07-05-2002, 08:58 PM
But more than 14 points of articulation on the 4" figure would start ruining the detail with cuts, and the individual plastic pieces would be weaker as the cut distances decreased.

The problem with the line isn't sculpt, it's quality control.

SuperBattleDroid88
07-05-2002, 09:13 PM
Isn't the Unleashed line kinda like McFarlene only with no articulation?

Hellboy
07-05-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous

The problem with the line isn't sculpt, it's quality control.

Absolutely right!!

Most of the issues I have with this line would be resolved if we had better quality control. Other than this I feel Hasbro is doing a fantastic job. Just looking at the vast #'s of figures and the amount of background characters we're seeing made should be enough to make any SW fan very happy.

bigbarada
07-05-2002, 09:27 PM
Even though you wouldn't know it by the line nowadays, but the real strength of the line comes from the figure's ability to interact with vehicles and playsets. If Hasbro would remember that, then I think the line would see a lot more success than it does today.

If McFarlane, Art Asylum, Jakks Pacific, Toy Biz, etc. took over the line then they would almost definitely change the scale. On top of that we'd never see figures like Djas Puhr or Ephant Mon, it would just be core characters with no chance for the obscure background characters. No thanks. Hasbro messes up quite a bit; but unless they want to revive Kenner and let them handle the line exclusively again, then I think Hasbro should keep the lisence.

SuperBattleDroid88
07-05-2002, 09:37 PM
You're so right BigB! Jakks always makes the same wrestler over and over again! It's always the Rock or Stone Cold in every series... :rolleyes:

Adam
07-05-2002, 09:40 PM
Mcfarlane???!!! Please tell me you are kidding. Most of their stuff hardly qualify for action figures.

Unit-01
07-05-2002, 10:56 PM
http://66.221.124.161/g/generated/Wizard_World_July_5th/Star_Trek/Borg__scaled_500.jpg