PDA

View Full Version : No Saga figs at KMart?

Jedi Juice
07-03-2002, 04:03 PM
I went to a local K Mart today to search for new figs, but lo and behold, no Saga figures were to be found! All I found were a bunch of POTJ Kewtol's, at least 15 of them. Anyway, I was disappointed to know that K Mart is really pathetic. Anyone else have this problem?

conli olper
07-03-2002, 04:36 PM
serious? ive found a bunch of figs @ kmarts in my city. OB1 pilot, han, luke, vader, FB jango etc. the figs at kmart are the cheapest in my entire city too.

Nebulaz
07-03-2002, 04:38 PM
K-Marts dont exist in az anymore =( they were cheap.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-03-2002, 04:51 PM
Saga figures basically disappeared at K-Mart after they had that buy 1, get the 2nd figure 50% off sale.

Beast
07-03-2002, 05:01 PM
K-Mart's not a good place for to find figures. With all the trouble they are having with creditors and such, I'm amazed that any of the stores are still opened. It was a last minute agreement that actually kept stock coming into the stores. Since they owe the manufactures of that stock alot of money already right now. Unless things change, I don't see K-Mart being around this time next year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-03-2002, 05:22 PM
k marts are gone around here they all went out of bussinus

Jedi Drew
07-03-2002, 05:49 PM
Super-K Mart around here has a TON of figures from the 23rd-no new waves. The Big-K by my house has maybe????? 15 or 20 figures left over from the 23rd also. I really don't see K-Mart getting in anything new in the near future.:frus: :frus: HH

Lord Tenebrous
07-03-2002, 06:04 PM
They have some nice army builders, I've been getting quite a few Geonosian Warriors and astromechs for scenes.

Anyways, last month they reduced the display to make room for Scooby-Doo and Barbie, so the Saga section may have been moved to a different location in the store. If you wanted the SW displays, they've probably all been pitched by now.

Unless things change, I don't see K-Mart being around this time next year.

Thanks for your speculation, Jarhead. :Pirate:

Thunderstorm1
07-03-2002, 06:13 PM
I don't think the K-Mart here has gotten anything new since 4/23.

Lots of Anakin OPD and Padme AB!

ChemOx
07-03-2002, 06:34 PM
same here Thunder.......nothing new since the big huge initial 4/23 push. Really sad, since that the is the closest retailer to me for 60 miles.

hango fett
07-03-2002, 06:44 PM
well...i have the same problem with wal-marts around here too. i went to one today and they cleaned out all the ones that where on the shelf and got in OLD shippments! they had tons of background variants, but 0 new things...not even a aklay! really ****es me off! (but we have all of the han wave now thanx to ebay!)
PO'd
hango

CrossWizard
07-03-2002, 09:23 PM
All my local Kmarts have are Plo Koons, OPD Anakins and Padmes, while every other store(KB, Walmart, TRU) is stuck in the Bespin Wave. I was surprised though this week, I saw around 4-5 cases each of the Yoda wave, the Luminara wave and the Endor Trooper Wave. There were like 20 or more Yodas, Clonetroops, Zams and around 6 Dookus. The Dookus were gone 12 minutes later.

Jedi Juice
07-03-2002, 11:41 PM
Wow, I haven't found any Dooku's or Yoda's in about a month. I usually see peg warmers, but every once in a while I find new figs. I wish I could find a Yoda, but oh well.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-03-2002, 11:47 PM
K-mart is way out of touch when it comes to Star Wars toys. First of all, they are $6.99, 2 dollars more than Target, TRU, KB and Wal-Mart. As mentioned before their stock is pretty much whatever they had on 4/23. And they will probably have those same figures three months from now when most stores clear out of the earlier waves. I didn't even go to my local K-Mart the last two months when they closed for good in early June because I knew they wouldn't have squat.

aharry
07-04-2002, 12:54 AM
The K-Marts here have their Saga stuff on display in a completely different area of the store, far from the toys. All they ever have though are the peggers, except for the time I saw three 12" Jangos with dress up feature that everyone thought were great finds about a month or so ago. I don't collect the 12"ers, so I'm not sure what is good and what is not. K-Mart will probably be gone here by next year too, except maybe for the Big Ks. Too bad, one of my best Star Wars memories goes back to when I was 11 years old, it was 1981, and K-Mart just got a ton of Kenner Empire Strikes Back figures. They filled half a row, some pegged, most in a bin/container shelf at the bottom of the pegs. I was with my cousin and there was only one figure we were looking for--Yoda. He was hard to find even then, and after checking the pegs and digging through the bin for what seemed like 20 minutes, I got him. I felt like I struck gold and just rubbed in to my cousin that I got him. I would feel like a shmuck if I did that now, but I was just way to happy when i found what had to be the only Yoda in the pile.

Darth Narcis
07-04-2002, 02:03 AM
i have only seen the first wave of figs at my kmart....

LTBasker
07-04-2002, 02:09 AM
I've seen #1-#27 at K-Mart here. One time when I went to see Spider-Man, they had the SW aisle filled with Dookus and Yodas. Few days later when I went back to that K-Mart for a couple figures that weren't at the Wal-Mart's here all the Dookus and Yodas were gone though.

Brandon3
07-04-2002, 10:27 AM
I went to three different K-Marts on 7/2 and I found:

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
Massiff
Yoda - Jedi Master
Djas Puhr - Alien Bounty Hunter

Those are some awesome findings at K-Mart and I think they were around $5.49 or $5.69 each.

I also so seen Boba Fett and Jango Fett Unleashed for $15.99 I think. But, I didn't get it.