PDA

View Full Version : what new figures do you think we'll see at wizard world.

Kuzu
07-03-2002, 07:51 PM
:) Well in 2 days hasbro will being showing us some new toy pics
what do you think they will be showing?:)

Beast
07-03-2002, 07:57 PM
Probably better pictures of the Arena Playset and the Republic Gunship. As for new pictures, I assume we will see carded pictures of the figures we have only seen loose so far. As well as finally seeing loose pictures of:

Collection 1:
84909 Jango Fett, Slave I Pilot September/October
84911 Clone Trooper, Republic Gunship Pilot September/October
84910 Destroyer Droid October/November

Collection 2:
84260 Watto, Mos Espa Junk Dealer August/September
84913 Lott Dod, Neimoidian Senator August/September
84914 Tusken Raider with Massiff August/September

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SuperBattleDroid88
07-03-2002, 09:47 PM
Wasn't there already a loose pic of Watto?

Beast
07-03-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by SuperBattleDroid88
Wasn't there already a loose pic of Watto?
Only a poor quality small picture from the waist up. A picture of the whole figure is what I mean. Technically we have seen a picture of Lott Dod also, but it was an unpainted E1 prototype. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-03-2002, 10:10 PM
What thats a bit dissapointing JarJar. I read that Hasbro will be showing new delux and new figures. The delux could be flying Geonosian and Anakin force fliping. Also maybe a Lama Su, Poggle, Coleman Trebor. You never know.
I have my hopes high.

Beast
07-03-2002, 10:15 PM
It's possible that they could show some of the future deluxe figures. If they do, I would consider the upcoming Flying Geonosian and CloneTrooper with Speederbike likely. Not sure about the force flipping Anakin. As for the figures you mentioned, I don't think those are even in production yet. Though the rumored Wat Tambor may show up. I guess we all will know for sure, on the 5th. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-03-2002, 10:25 PM
What!
Maybe Hasbro will pop up a surprise.
Whadda ya think my Gungan friend?

LTBasker
07-03-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
It's possible that they could show some of the future deluxe figures. If they do, I would consider the upcoming Flying Geonosian and CloneTrooper with Speederbike likely. Not sure about the force flipping Anakin. As for the figures you mentioned, I don't think those are even in production yet. Though the rumored Wat Tambor may show up. I guess we all will know for sure, on the 5th. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hopefully we'll get some news on possible Anakin with Speeder and Dooku with Speeder.

Hope the Yoda and 3PO pack are there, which they probably will be, we need more detailed pictures. :cool:

Geonosian
07-03-2002, 11:05 PM
I agree.
Anakin with swoop and robe.

CLAW
07-03-2002, 11:07 PM
Maybe and hopefully a Wat Tambor prototype and an announcement about Nute Gunray Ep 2 version or holograph?

Maybe pictures of

Darth Sidious

Bale Organa

And as I mentioned, NUTE!

Have a nice day!

cptpinkerton
07-04-2002, 12:43 AM
I think I remember reading in the Hasbro UK chat that more original trilogy figures could be seen in Q4 this year, which would be nice.
I'd really like a Darth Sidious, and Poggle the Lesser, but I don't know what to expect. Its certainly not much. I dunno if they would show anything beyond what they've announced thus far.

But I hope I'm very wrong.

LMS

Geonosian
07-04-2002, 02:13 AM
A Poggle would be very cool.

187-Maul
07-04-2002, 05:36 AM
I just hope we'll see loose pics of the figs JJB mentiobed in his first post, I'm really looking forward to the new destroyer droid
and hopefully some new pics of the deluxe figures

Geonosian
07-04-2002, 06:19 AM
Yes like a delux Geo.

WesleySr
07-04-2002, 07:28 AM
Maybe, hopefully, the......Shuttle Tyderium

Since I have already pre-ordered it, I would like to see what it looks like.

Jargo
07-04-2002, 08:42 AM
I thought the deluxe clonetrooper was coming with the gunpod? Is this gonna be the pilot clonetrooper now?

As long as the figures don't blow I'm ok with whatever they show. :)

Geonosian
07-04-2002, 11:40 AM
A yellow pilot Clone and a delux clone which I think comes with speeder.

Kuzu
07-04-2002, 11:55 AM
well hasbro has been this good at keeping things under raps this far maybe they have been cooking new toy ideas,and not mentioning them.

patchiswelsh
07-04-2002, 12:45 PM
i would love to see a poggle,
i guess we will know tomorrow!!!!!

Geonosian
07-04-2002, 01:21 PM
Me to and a Trebor!!!

Jargo
07-04-2002, 02:08 PM
There's the R2 with rocket boosters. Hope it doesn't look as bad as it did in the movie. Much as I love R2 they did a terrible job with the CGI version. Too squat.

I personally would love the destroyer droid to have its shield bubble. That would rock. :)

So if the clonetrooper pilot is a single carded figure and the deluxe one has a speder bike then who's coming with the gunpod for the gunship? Hopefully a new all white clonetrooper. man they have to release a decent all white clonetrooper. That sneak preview one was appalingly bad. A nice unfettered with gimmacks or overspray all white clonetrooper in a posable stance with articulation to allow him to stand easy or at attention or in fight poses. The way action figures should be y'know?

Getting off track...

Hopefully we'll get to see the deluxe Yoda in all his glory and the republic attack gunship in all its glory. here's what Hasbro UK had to say about what it had to offer:

- Deployable troop landing base fits 6 figures
- Troop and transport bay
- Slotrac-sensor doors
- Firing laser cannons
- Opening canopy with room for two pilots
- Grappling hook to tow other vehicles
- Retractable landing gear
- Weapons storage bays
- Rotating ball turrets
- Handle for action-packed battles!

I could live without the wacking great handle on top but the rest sounds cool. On the version they showed at C2 I think it was, the gunship didn't have the pegs to attach the gunpods to. I've looked at so many different shots of this vehicle from so many different peoples cameras and I cannot see a single solitary peg to attach anything to on the thing. So I'm going to be very interested to see how this works.

I want to see the Tusken with massif too, Hopefully it's an all new all singing all dancing sculpt and not simply a repackage of the POTJ version.

I look forward to the images.

LTBasker
07-04-2002, 02:11 PM
The Pilot Clone Trooper will most likely be able to come with the gun pod. The gunship has been shrunken down in scale and the gunpods are tiny now, and if you look at the pictures of the gunship you'll notice that a Clone fetus would hardly be able to fit in the gun pods so they'd be sized small enough to be a pack-in with the Pilot Clone.

Geonosian
07-05-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

I personally would love the destroyer droid to have its shield bubble. That would rock. :)

Man, now your talking.

BillyJAck
07-05-2002, 01:18 AM
carded ephant mon is what i'd like to see so i can get some idea on the scale of him...i hope he's HUGE definately a figure i can't wait to get for my upcoming HUGE...jabba diorama

billy

Nebulaz
07-05-2002, 02:54 AM
is there a dex. padme yet?

mylow thehutt
07-05-2002, 10:22 AM
bet we finally get to see our Kit"Keed"Kiltt:)

Jonna
07-05-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

Great idea, but wouldn't that be a bit like a hamster in a plastic ball!?! They should give it little motorized wheels so it could chase the cat around the house.

Geonosian
07-05-2002, 12:09 PM
Imagine if we see Picadoe with Oraay!!!!!

SuperBattleDroid88
07-05-2002, 12:19 PM
There are some pics of the 12", unleashed, and the Republic ship on the main page....

Geonosian
07-05-2002, 12:26 PM
Any new pics?

kadamontaga
07-05-2002, 12:49 PM
Anakin - Tatooine Attack has an action feature.
A power kick.
A jedi power kick.
He comes with some furniture which he can kick.

I'm not happy.

Geonosian
07-05-2002, 12:56 PM
I am not happy about NO TREBOR NO POGGLE NO NOTHING.

kadamontaga
07-05-2002, 01:07 PM
Yeah, but all the pictures probably aren't loaded yet.
While I remember, thanks a lot to Sir Steve for going there and getting all those great pics :)

I just had a look on rebelscum, and a few things caught my attention.
1) Steve's pictures are better.
2) Anakin has a visible magnet in his right hand.
3) Anakin has a joint of some sort in his right knee.
4) The droid that comes with the podracer guy has a button that triggers a grabbing action.
5) If the pictures on the back of the Teemto's card are to scale, Ephant Man is huge. Very huge. But I suppose we don't know yet if they're to scale.

Oh, and the gunship looks like a piece of crap to me.

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Theres go a chance for a good Anakin figure. The "Jedi Power" kick is lame, and the magnet is worse than CC Obi-Wan's.

The gunship looks great. :cool:

Teemto's not bad, it looks more like he's a pack-in for the Droid cause of the size of it. :D

Geonosian
07-05-2002, 02:11 PM
Is that all???!!!???!!!!
Where are the new delux?

mylow thehutt
07-05-2002, 02:38 PM
Yeah really is that it!?!?!?

mylow thehutt
07-05-2002, 02:47 PM
Haha Watto has like six wings.

INDIANA
07-05-2002, 02:48 PM
I started a post else where, but yeah, I think that's it. I think Hasbro really did blow their whole load and now has nothing to quickly put out for the rest of the year. I think 2 new figs a month through November and that's it. A few deluxe they didn't even show, the Gunnship, Arena (didn't show...last minute revisions?), and re-hashed exclusives.

There are 2(?) other bigger shows they go to, maybe by then we will see something new, but no Jango Pilot or Clone Pilot now doesn't bode well in my opinion.

I think if Sir Steve had gotten pics of NEW figures, he would have the common sense to put them out first, OR some other site would have but so far they only have these.

mylow thehutt
07-05-2002, 02:51 PM
What!?!?!? I hope thats not it.

INDIANA
07-05-2002, 02:54 PM
Watto is up now.......not impressed. Of all the figures still to come he's probably last on my list of must haves, AND there are still a great many other figures I would have wanted first.

mylow thehutt
07-05-2002, 06:56 PM
so I guess we won't be seeing Pilot Jango Or tusken male.

Beast
07-05-2002, 07:00 PM
Doesn't look like it. But there is 2 days to go, and 2 more shows that Hasbro is attending. But they did finally show Watto, Flying Geonosian, and Force-Flip Anakin. As well as carded pics of Teemto, Anakin, Maul, and Ki-Adi-Mundi. So the remaining figures could show up in the next couple shows. And there is the big Q&A tonight, which may prove intresting. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
07-05-2002, 07:02 PM
will they give a new list of figures for next year,like they did for toy fair?when will the shows be.

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 07:05 PM
Doesn't look like it. But there is 2 days to go, and 2 more shows that Hasbro is attending. But they did finally show Watto, Flying Geonosian, and Force-Flip Anakin. As well as carded pics of Teemto, Anakin, Maul, and Ki-Adi-Mundi. So the remaining figures could show up in the next couple shows. And there is the big Q&A tonight, which may prove intresting. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

They also showed pics of the Clone Pilot and his cannon and confirmed the Clone w/ Speeder-Bike on the box back of the Gunship.

Beast
07-05-2002, 07:06 PM
Probably not, Hasbro never releases info on next years products usually until around 4th Quarter. Then they will announce what is coming from December-Febuary, then the rest of the stuff they normally keep quiet until Toy Fair.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kadamontaga
07-05-2002, 09:02 PM
What are the other 2 shows that hasbro will attend called? And when do they take place?

Beast
07-05-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by kadamontaga
What are the other 2 shows that hasbro will attend called? And when do they take place?
I swear there was 2 more. But according to StarWars.Hasbro.Com, there is only one more. Here is the info from their website. The San Diego Comicon sounds the most likely place for new figures to be shown. From what the website says.

New Star Wars figures will be shown at our summer convention appearances. During early July (July 5-7), Hasbro's Star Wars team will have a booth at the Wizard World Convention in Chicago. And July 31st - August 4th, members of the Star Wars team will be at the Comicon Convention in San Diego. Fresh new products, both basic and deluxe figures, will be unveiled. The Republic Gunship, Arena Playset and R2-D2 Droid will all be on display. Also the giant blister card from Celebration II will be set up so that fans in attendance can take their picture inside (BYOC – bring your own camera). Additionally, posters depicting images of Jedi and Hero figures in the Star Wars Episode II line will be given away at each convention.

A panel will be set up at the Wizard World Convention from 6:30 – 7:30pm on Friday the 5th of July where product designers, and engineers will be available to answer questions about Star Wars products. Don’t miss the opportunity to meet the masterminds who make the figures, and to be there when new products are unveiled!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SuperBattleDroid88
07-05-2002, 10:48 PM
I guess we'll have to wait until the end of this month to see some new figures at Comicon!

Geonosian
07-05-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker

They also showed pics of the Clone Pilot
No they didn't

LTBasker
07-06-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian

No they didn't

They also showed pics of the Clone Pilot and his cannon and confirmed the Clone w/ Speeder-Bike on the box back of the Gunship.

The Clone Pilots & Cannons are pictured in the gunship on the back of it's box, so technically yes they did.

Beast
07-06-2002, 12:08 AM
The Clone Pilots & Cannons are pictured in the gunship on the back of it's box, so technically yes they did.
What LTBasker said is correct, they did show them, from a certain point of view. Check out the CloneTrooper Pilot Sneakpeek thread to see pictures of them. Can't wait for that figure. I will probably be buying 4. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
07-06-2002, 12:25 AM
Jar Jar don't we have 2 more days left of this convetion,is there a posibility we will see the new goodies.

Beast
07-06-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
Jar Jar don't we have 2 more days left of this convetion,is there a posibility we will see the new goodies.
While it's possible they could pop somthing up in the next 2 days, it's not likely. Wizard World 2001 was just as bare, infact it was much much worse. Remeber, like was said earlier, it's primarily a comic convention. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-06-2002, 12:41 AM

While it's possible they could pop somthing up in the next 2 days, it's not likely. Wizard World 2001 was just as bare, infact it was much much worse. Remeber, like was said earlier, it's primarily a comic convention. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

One thing about that though was it wasn't a movie year, so hopefully they're holding some stuff back... Doubt it, but hopeful.

mylow thehutt
07-06-2002, 12:59 AM
whens the next convention comming up?

mylow thehutt
07-06-2002, 03:19 AM
?

Beast
07-06-2002, 03:26 AM
Mylow, read up about 9 posts. I posted the info from Starwars.Hasbro.com that lists the next con that Hasbro would be at.

And July 31st - August 4th, members of the Star Wars team will be at the Comicon Convention in San Diego. Fresh new products, both basic and deluxe figures, will be unveiled.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AdmiralPiett
07-06-2002, 03:45 AM
Hasbro needs to get their priorities straight and make a resculpt of Padme to make up for that atrocity that's in stores now.
Piett

Geonosian
07-06-2002, 07:22 AM
We still have 2 days. We might see something unexpected.

INDIANA
07-06-2002, 04:58 PM
Hey...Jar Jar....

If memory serves there were 3 shows last year with Chicago being the 2nd. I THINK Dallas(?) has a show in June.