PDA

View Full Version : My 1000th post!

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 11:23 PM
Yes, yes, the rumors are true! I guess you could say I'm now a sort of "elder" of these forums, much like LTBasker, JEDIpartnr, BigBarada, Jar Jar Binks, RooJay, Rollo Tomassi, Mandalorian Candidat, and all the other masters!

I'm so proud! :D

LTBasker
07-03-2002, 11:29 PM
Hehe, congrats. :D JT's gonna hit 5000 soon, IIRC. :eek:

Eternal Padawan
07-04-2002, 02:17 AM
Geez. I can't even remember when I hit 1000...it was like MONTHS ago. Congratulations on hitting a grand, Deadeye. And congratulations to all you other posters who are on whatever post # you are on, whether it's 5 or 5000. Way to go! :D

Beast
07-04-2002, 02:19 AM
Congrats Deadeye. Welcome to the few, the proud, the forums obsessed. So, EP. When you reach 2000 are you gonna take on a new identity again? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nebulaz
07-04-2002, 06:26 AM
awesome dude, eh i'm close to 40.

derek
07-04-2002, 09:19 AM
quality, not quantity, my young padawan. much to learn have you.

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 10:04 AM
Really, derek? Please elaborate. :p

Also, why is EP a Sith Lord when he has over 1000 posts? Shouldn't he be a Dark Master?

Eternal Padawan
07-04-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Congrats Deadeye. Welcome to the few, the proud, the forums obsessed. So, EP. When you reach 2000 are you gonna take on a new identity again? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hmmmm....at the rate I'm going I won't be there for awhile.

I stopped going into the Episode III sections, spoiler or non-spoiler. The AOTC section is so flooded with so many people yelling about the same thing, I stopped going in there. Except for the Dear Hasbro section, I quit going into the toy forums, because the Saga section is just a bunch of threads asking "What figures do you have! A Checklist!" I am weaning myself off the cards and book sections, because the card section is mostly about WOTC's TCG, which I loathe, and not much is going on in the book area.

Which leaves me with General Discussion, Other Movies, Classic Movies (which I read in, but don't often post) and Dear Hasbro. So few interesting areas left for me, means fewer posts. I'm lucky if I can muster enough interest in a thread to respond 5 times a day.

So I won't be hitting 2K any time soon. When I do, who can say. maybe I'll retire EP and bring back RT. Maybe I'll bring in a third persona. Maybe I'll just fade away and become a legend at SSG. A spook story. A reminisce the old timers tell the young 'uns sitting on the porch in an old rocking chair, sipping lemonade.

"Oh, it's a fine forum, SSG, but it's not like in the olden days...back then we had a great group of guys. Jargo, JEDIPartnr, Caesar, bigbarada, Rollo and EP..."

"Who's that grandpa JarJarBinks?" ask the children. "We thought he was just a myth..."

"Oh no" replied grandpa JJB "He was real. He posted more than 100 posts in a single day at his peak...a fine fellow."

"Whatever happened to him?" asked the children.

"Nobody knows yooung 'uns." said grandpa JJB "He might still be around, under another Username, watching. Waiting. Maybe if you're good enough he'll come to you in a PM and offer you the password to..."

"Tell us about the time Mister JediTricks took all the posts from GNT!" interrupted the children. "Yes! Tell us that one!"

Grandpa JJB sighed and sipped his lemonade. "Wouldn't you rather hear about the smally corpse of DeckardSmith rotting at his keyboard in his basement while his soul is trapped in the internet?"

"Yes! Yes! Tell us that one!" giggled the children.

And like that....I'll be forgotten. (trails off in despair)

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 11:52 AM
But why aren't you a Dark Master? You have over 1000 posts!

Beast
07-04-2002, 01:53 PM
Aww, you'll never be forgotten E.P. You know everyone here loves ya. Atleast us old timers, like you mentioned. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-04-2002, 01:58 PM
Man, that was spooky... I could picture JJB doing that. :D

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 02:34 PM
So could I! I need a memory wipe! :D

Jek Porky 2002
07-04-2002, 06:17 PM
Congratulations!

scruffziller
07-04-2002, 07:26 PM
At 5000 don't you get a custom title?

Beast
07-04-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
At 5000 don't you get a custom title?
That's the current rumor, though noone but Sir Steve and JT know for sure. And noone but JT is even over 4000 yet, and he already has a moderator title. So it will be a while before we know for sure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Capitan_Moroni
07-04-2002, 07:45 PM
I remember the good old days...the days when I was a Jedi Council member in the old forums...the days when..when I still posted......
gosh I'm depressed now :(

well, congrats on the 1000 posts, its giving me somthing to strive for ;) :D

Have wee seen a re-encarnation of Sith Ninja lately?

well, back to the dark shadows......:rolleyes:

Mod Note: I merged the two threads:D

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 08:19 PM
You must bide your time, posting at just the right moment! :D

Jason B
07-04-2002, 11:22 PM
:eek: I couldn't care less. :eek:

:p

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 11:40 PM
now, that's just...low. :frus: :p:D:)

Eternal Padawan
07-05-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

That's the current rumor, though noone but Sir Steve and JT know for sure. And noone but JT is even over 4000 yet, and he already has a moderator title. So it will be a while before we know for sure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

We'll know around October and November when bigb and JJB hit the magic 5K. ;)

Beast
07-05-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
We'll know around October and November when bigb and JJB hit the magic 5K. ;)
You really think it will take that long? ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-05-2002, 02:42 AM
DeadEye might hit 5K soon . . . 1078 in just over 3 months? :eek:
hint - derek's comment may be related to that . . . ;)

bigB's posts have been curtailed lately, I don't see as many. :(

derek
07-05-2002, 08:57 AM
caeser,

;)

morecow299
07-05-2002, 11:12 AM
congratulations for reaching 1000

DarthBrandon
07-05-2002, 11:17 AM
Congratulations for reaching 1000 DeadEye, although I never count my posts cause it doesn't really matter to me. Good for you and keep the posts coming.

DeadEye
07-05-2002, 11:51 AM
Nah, derek's comment is all wrong. :D

2-1B
07-05-2002, 02:52 PM
derek's comment is all right,I don't know HOW one can register in the past few months, rack up posts, and consider oneself an "elder." :rolleyes:

derek has less than 1,000 posts, would he not be considered an "elder" ? Not by that definition, but I assure you he is.
Thrawn has less than 100 and that guy has been around forever.

Beast
07-05-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
derek's comment is all right,I don't know HOW one can register in the past few months, rack up posts, and consider oneself an "elder." :rolleyes:

derek has less than 1,000 posts, would he not be considered an "elder" ? Not by that definition, but I assure you he is.
Thrawn has less than 100 and that guy has been around forever.
Well said Caesar. Having 1,000, 2,000, or even a million posts doesn't automatically make you an elder. Alot of people have been around here since the new forums went hot, that are well known that hardly post at all. I hardly started posting myself until January or Febuary when things were getting hot and heavy on Star Wars info.

Another thing to remeber is quality over quantity. Just because you can post, doesn't mean you always should. I post alot, mostly because I enjoy discussing the hobby and discussing the movies, as well as other things. But If I don't have anything to contribute to the conversation, I usually won't comment unless someone asks for me too. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
07-05-2002, 03:29 PM
Well, one can see by the number of posts that I have, and my date of registration that I do not post all that much. JarJarBinks came into action a couple of months before me and he's still got way more posts than I do. But I guess it's quality and not quantity just like JarJarBInks said, so I guess if I don't have anything to contribute then I don't post as well. I don't plan on reaching 1000 posts anytime soon, so I'll just take my time and enjoy the forums.

P.S. JarJarBinks in case you might interpret this in a negative way, I have to say you post quality posts. I was just using two guys who kinda started at the same time as an example. 1000 posts in four months is a little much.

Beast
07-05-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by brandon
P.S. JarJarBinks in case you might interpret this in a negative way, I have to say you post quality posts. I was just using two guys who kinda started at the same time as an example. 1000 posts in four months is a little much.
Nope, I don't take it negative at all. I always try to post well thought out and detailed posts, and try to avoid the one sentance "post padding" stuff as much as possible. I like to do my best to help the community that I enjoy so much, so I often end up posting alot, with pictures or info. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
07-05-2002, 04:08 PM
I hear you JarJarBinks, just wanted to clarify that so everyone knew what I was talking about.

DeadEye
07-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Sorry, then. I guess I'm just good-for-nothing scum.

JediTricks
07-06-2002, 12:34 AM
First off, I didn't take away ANY posts from GNT since I don't even have that power, so nyeh :p to JJB.

Second, congratulations, thread closed, thanks for playing, here's a copy of the home game. :)