PDA

View Full Version : REAL Archival Editions

LTBasker
07-04-2002, 04:58 PM
Instead of Lucas adding in even more CGI and digital stuff into the OT, they could redo the Special Editions by going back doing alot of the less complex scenes using the techniques they used when first filming. Of course some would probably be updated to be more cost-efficient, but as long as it didn't involve a giant full CGI thing.

Key changes:
Jabba's ANH scene - They make a puppet and then shoot it on a green screen stage, then digitally insert it into the scene to make it connect much better with ROTJ.

Greedo not shooting of course.

Lak Sivrak being put back in! (We see too many Ketwols in the prequels now, Lak Sivrak rocked.)

The "entering" Mos Eisley scene with all of them on the Landspeeder. They looked way too cartoony like that, they should use a model to do that. They can keep the CGI over-view of Mos Eisley, cause I know that would be a pain to put in models, but considering they never get up close they could easily use a model Landspeeder

Revamp the characters in the music number in the SE Jabba's Palace.

Go back to the models of the Falcon and Cloud Cars with the Bespin sequences...

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 04:59 PM
So, basically, rerelease the OT before they were "specialized". :D

LTBasker
07-04-2002, 05:03 PM
It'd be basically the Special Editions, but on par with the OT look.

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 05:15 PM
Some things in the special edition should be kept in--like the extended gunfights on the Death Star, and the vastly superior new version of the Battle of Yavin. I liked those things better in the SE.

Jek Porky 2002
07-04-2002, 05:30 PM
I actually liked Ketwol better than Sivrak, he looked a bit out of place in star wars. The greedo scene should go, it doesn't look right with greedo shooting first anyway. They should make Jabba a little more green to match EpI and EpVI, re-colour lukes saber and then I'd be happy!

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 06:17 PM
Luke's saber? Which one, and why?

LTBasker
07-04-2002, 06:27 PM
On the Falcon, it was more white than it was blue.

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 08:16 PM
That was the case in multiple scenes.

Jek Porky 2002
07-05-2002, 04:44 PM
When Obi-Wan gives Luke his fathers saber and he tries it out, it is like a turquoise colour, and in the Falcon it's completley white.

DeadEye
07-05-2002, 08:38 PM
Read my previous post.

Jek Porky 2002
07-06-2002, 07:56 AM
Another thing, they could change the writing on the Tractor Beam, it's in English if anyone hasn't noticed, the could change it to arubesh, it would be so easy.
I really hate seeing that, and have to turn away when it's on.