PDA

View Full Version : Chewbacca question!

Darth_Maul25SW
07-04-2002, 05:01 PM
Is he Blacklight compatible?? Ha ha just kidding. But I was just wondering how tall is he? He looks pretty big. And is he the best Chewie ever? he seems to be from to pics on the net.

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 05:13 PM
He is a bit taller than the others. I don't know...we haven't had many good Chewies.

Jek Porky 2002
07-04-2002, 05:31 PM
As long as he's as big as The Mechanic version from POTJ, I'll be as sound as a pound!

Lord Tenebrous
07-04-2002, 05:33 PM
Death Star Plans has a nice comparison photo:

http://www.deathstarplans.com/comparison/chewbacca.jpg

POTJ Mechanic Chewie has the best head sculpt...the Saga Chewie, like many others, lacks the sculpted head hair. I might try for a head swap. Saga Chewie has the best articulation. And for your definitive version, you'll have to buy or trade for a bowcaster.

LTBasker
07-04-2002, 05:36 PM
They don't show Bendie Chewie! ;)

I wish in the comparison shot with the POTJ Chewies, that Saga Chewie's legs weren't bent so he'd be standing straight up.

Jek Porky 2002
07-04-2002, 05:45 PM
Just shows how far we've come since POTF!

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 07:00 PM
Very well-done!

Darth Nihilus
07-04-2002, 10:41 PM
Tall?! He towers over a PotF2 Darth Vader. I do hate the pouch hanging of his leg, it looks as though he got crap stuck to his fur. I also can't rig the net so that it hangs off him somehow.

bigbarada
07-04-2002, 10:50 PM
Very cool picture! Does that deathstarplans site have comparison photos like that for all the characters?

I for one don't plan to use the new Chewie for my Bespin Escape mini diorama. Mechanic Chewie fits that roll, with POTF2 pull-apart Threepio on his back, perfectly. I plan to use the new Chewie to go alongsie my POTJ Bespin Han, their sculpting and aritculation are consistent with each other and they'll look awesome in front of my Falcon. I might have to swipe the Bowcaster from 25th Chewie though.

Hellzer
07-04-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker

I wish in the comparison shot with the POTJ Chewies, that Saga Chewie's legs weren't bent so he'd be standing straight up.

I think the Chewie in question there is the one from the 25th anniversay two-pack. Why they'd include a permenently crouching figure in such a comparison shot is beyond me. I'd be very surprised if Saga Chewie wasn't the exact same height as Chewie Mechanic.

Thunderstorm1
07-04-2002, 11:19 PM
I like both Chewie Mechanic and the Saga Chewie. Neet comparison photo also!

BillyJAck
07-04-2002, 11:59 PM
i just now got this figure and he's great. he looks like chewie from ANH so i'm using him for my ANH loose collection instead of mechanic chewie. What i hate is the NET that comes with c3po...it sucks...i'm going to just buy a potf2 3po now to hang on his back. my wm just got like 30 cases of the chewie wave. so i'm happy for now........wheres my damn EPHANT MON! lol

figrin bran
07-05-2002, 12:22 AM
for the inquiring minds, the saga chewie and the mechanic are just about the same height

Lord Tenebrous
07-05-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
[B]Very cool picture! Does that deathstarplans site have comparison photos like that for all the characters?

Not all. I want him to do some Leia comparisons, but maybe he's waiting until we get a Leia we can can all be happy about.

http://www.deathstarplans.com/comparison/gallery.shtml

My favorite is the Yoda picture. He's come quite a ways since Vintage.

Nebulaz
07-05-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstorm1
I like both Chewie Mechanic and the Saga Chewie. Neet comparison photo also!

Chewie mechanic is awesome

BanthaPoodoo
07-05-2002, 01:57 PM
AHHHHHHHHHH!!! What happened to the last Yoda in the comparison shot???? That is one ugly looking dude. Is that the one from SWEI???

Beast
07-05-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by BanthaPoodoo
AHHHHHHHHHH!!! What happened to the last Yoda in the comparison shot???? That is one ugly looking dude. Is that the one from SWEI???
Yes, that is the less then impressive E1 version of Yoda. He's not really that bad of a figure, but he doesn't look that much like yoda, but then he didn't really in the movie either. I think Lucas should replace all the puppet shots of the E1 Yoda with a CGI version when he does the archival Editions of the film. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yar Cydoh
07-05-2002, 03:31 PM
The new Chewie rules!

bigbarada
07-05-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous

Not all. I want him to do some Leia comparisons, but maybe he's waiting until we get a Leia we can can all be happy about.

http://www.deathstarplans.com/comparison/gallery.shtml

My favorite is the Yoda picture. He's come quite a ways since Vintage.

Thanks, I went to the site shortly after asking so I saw all the comparisons they do have. Pretty cool feature actually. The Yoda comparison is one of the best. I also like the comparison of Bossk, since I always thought he was the worst figure in the vintage line as a kid, the POTF2 version still holds its own against the best of POTJ and Saga figures.

Back to the subject of CC Chewie. I just got him today and I really hate............ NOTHING! This figure is awesome!! The Mechanic Chewie is still the best sculpted; but not by much. This one is definitely the most versatile, as he can recreate any scene from all three movies. I gave him the bowcaster from my 25th Chewie and with a little work you can get him to hold it in both hands. It also looks cool slung across his chest. This figure has definitely restored some of my faith in Hasbro.

Although, I still have yet to get the Threepio to sling across his back correctly; but I never really plan to use that accessory anyway, so it is no big deal.

SuperBattleDroid88
07-05-2002, 09:20 PM
I sure can't wait to find this figure!!!!!!! :D

Nebulaz
07-05-2002, 11:51 PM
did they ever make a Endor chewie?