PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons Figures New Releases

CrunchyNug
10-05-2001, 03:37 AM
I thought it was time I started a Simpsons Figures post where we can keep track of the new releases. I live in Los Angeles, and this is definitely a hot market for toys. I collect mainly Star Wars, but I keep my eyes peeled for Simpsons figures as well.

About a month ago we got Series FIVE out here at the Targets ($4.99), TRU's ($5.99), and KB-Toys ($6.99). They went quickly, and it was a couple of weeks before I saw any re-stocking of the shelves. Now you'd be lucky to find a Side Show Mel or a Kent.

Yesterday I found a Dark Horse Comics store that had the full set of Series SIX. Dr. Hibbert, Snake, Bleeding Gums Murphy, Carl, Mascot Homer, & Professor Frink. They look great!!! Happy hunting...

drsidious
10-05-2001, 08:08 AM
ok
the new treehouse of horrors set is out
im glad to see this item has a shelf life of 11 minutes
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
i hope they make a good amount of these

drsidious
10-07-2001, 01:20 AM
well as the kang an kodos so sucessfully eluded
me this day..
i took great satisfaction in reciving my radioactive man fallout boy set
it is a really nice set ...almost as nice as the arcade
but that damn kang n kodos
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
oh well

CrunchyNug
10-18-2001, 02:52 AM
I don't quite know how to take this. I'm finding that several Targets in the Los Angeles area that have marked down all their Simsons toys. Playsets are $13 and change - Figures are $3.40!!! The only thing I'm seeing so far is left-overs of series FIVE, and Apu/Bowl-a-Rama. Is this too good to be true? Or has Target taken the Simpsons off their line-up? I can't figure it out...

ThomasLane
10-19-2001, 11:20 AM
They're probably just making room for the series 6 stuff.

CrunchyNug
10-22-2001, 11:23 PM
I'm seeing more and more series SIX figures at some of the local comic shops. They've all been in the $8 - $10 range though. Nothing at the major retailers yet. :mad:

CrunchyNug
10-24-2001, 10:41 PM
I found the Diamond exclusive two-pack for $30 at a comic shop in Studio City today. DJ's Comics received a few cases this morning. These guys are cool!!!

JediCole
11-07-2001, 05:31 PM
The Boy Genius (a friend of mine) brought me all of the latest wave except Mascot Homer (which I did not want) over last weekend, plus the both new playsets. I'm caught up again until Wave 7! Kang and Kodos are now menacing Bleeding Gums Murphy (the only one I've opened so far). He also brought me the Christmas playset, a set I can't say I recall seeing anything about previously. It is nice but I probably won't keep it in the collection.

Wolfwood319
11-12-2001, 10:08 PM
Well I don't really collect Simpsons figures, but I have picked up a few of my fave chars, and I guess I'm not alone in my area, cause no matter what store I go into, I see loads of simpsons figures. The last 2 waves are quite common to find, and you can get the older ones at comic book stores and suncoasts for pretty cheap. I even saw the new THOH2 set, they had about 6 of them, and when I went back a week later, they still had about 5.

So they're not exactly flying off the shleves in this area.

El Chuxter
11-13-2001, 03:35 PM
I'm seeing tons of Wave 5 on the shelves (including Kent and Mel, and I'm not too far out of LA), and saw Wave 6 for the first time last night--at a KB, so I passed on them at $8 :eek:. Thanks to the valiant efforts of coheteboy, though, I've got Hibbert, Dancin' Homer (I refuse to call him Mascot Homer), Snake, Kang & Kodos, and the Christmas set.

Simpsons figures rule! :D

CrunchyNug
12-14-2001, 03:16 AM
I've been on the look-out for series 7 recently and have found nothing yet. None of the local comic shops have received anything and they're usualy some of the first to get 'em. I have noticed that Targets don't seem to be carrying anything Simpsons these days. :mad: And they had the best prices in town too...$4.99.

Wolfwood319
12-14-2001, 09:01 AM
The last I've seen are S.6 with Mascot Homer, Karl, etc., I've seen them everywhere. KB, TRU (briefly), Wal-Mart.

I'm trying to do a little back-tracking and pick up some of the figures I've missed, what series was Lenny in?

CrunchyNug
12-18-2001, 04:06 AM
I believe that Lenny is a member of the fourth series.

ThomasLane
01-01-2002, 10:20 AM
What happened to all the Simpsons toys? The only place that seems to carry Simpsons any more is TRU, and it's not even the newest wave. Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, etc. all seem to have abandoned the line.

Fulit
01-01-2002, 10:45 PM
What series is Cletus in, anyone? Has he been released yet?

GNT
01-01-2002, 11:26 PM
Series 8?

Jayspawn
01-04-2002, 12:06 PM
Hi Guys! I just picked up all of Series 7 at Target today. I got Dolph, Officer Lou, Cletus, Hans Moleman, Officel Marge, Mrs. Krabapel, and Muumuu Homer w/ Simpson's Kitchen playset. It was a big shock to see them ALL there fully stocked!

"Keep on Target."

CrunchyNug
01-05-2002, 06:20 PM
I found the complete series 7 at several stores across the Los Angeles metroplex today. Target $4.99, TRU $5.99, Things From Another World $7.99. Great score and a great series!!!

Jayspawn
01-06-2002, 09:47 PM
I agree! Series 7 is one of the best.

JediCole
01-08-2002, 05:46 PM
I will need to get out to my local Target on the way home tonight. Bubba Fatt told me he had seen them a few places in this area. I don't know where I'm going to keep all of these guys any more, the series is getting so huge, but they are great figures! I did pass on the Krusty Burger with Pimply Faced Teen at TRU, so I'd better get something soon, before I miss out!

JediCole
01-11-2002, 01:30 PM
I bought a bunch of Series 5 and 6 Simpsons figures at Game Stop at half price ($6.99 is their regular price) this week. I went to one store that didn't have them marked down, but showed them the receipt from the store that did and they said if I bought two or more they would match the price. They did, even giving me half off of Series 7! I couldn't believe it. I got Dolf, Cletus, Mrs. Krabapple, Hans Moleman, and Officer Lou for $3.50 each! Now I just need the Krusty Burger playset and I'm caught up until Series 8 and Celebrity Series 1!

CrunchyNug
02-05-2002, 09:37 PM
I ran into another shelf-full of series 7 figures yesterday at a Los Angeles TRU. They had both playsets as well. If you missed these guys, keep an eye out for them to show up again soon. :D

Jon
02-13-2002, 09:56 PM
Detroit Sucks.....Reason #567

The only store I can seem to find any Simpsons Figures is Target. And only 2 Targets in the entire Western Metro Area...the only figures I have EVER seen on shelves out here is the 1st Wave (except for Grampa), Kamp Krusty Bart, Ned & Wiggum. And finally I saw the Hans Moleman and Officer Lou wave the other day but that's it. NONE of the figures have ever surfaced here and if they have they were picked up quick.

Reason #568 Detroit Tigers
Reason #569 Detroit Lions
Reason #570 TC-14 never made it here either
Reason #571 It's freaking cold

Jayspawn
02-28-2002, 11:49 AM
Hey guys, I picked up Fat TOny ay EB the last night. They also had Herbert Powell and Troy McLure too. They looks pretty cool. All 3 of them work in the Simpson's Kitchen and Krusty Burger playsets.

SithDroid
02-28-2002, 11:26 PM
All I can say is Omaha sucks. We didn't receive series 7 until about three weeks ago, way after most of the country. it's like the toy companies decide not to ship to us until last. I'm still waiting on the Eeth Koth/Zutton wave and Imperial Officer wave and tomorrow is March 1st. Most of these were available in late November/Early December for most of the country. No wonder I'm missing the really hard to get stuff from the last few waves of the EP I line. Anyway, back to Simpsons here is a list of things I need in case anyone can help me out. They are mostly exclusives.

Series 1
Grampa
Lisa
Homer
Bart

Series 2
Pin Pal Homer
Sunday Best Bart

Series 3
Sunday Best Homer
Kamp Krusty Bart

Series 5
Kent Brockman
Captain McCallister
Martin
Bartman
Sideshow Mel
Bumblebee Man

Series 6
Mascot Homer

Series 7
Officer Marge

Playsets
Living Room w/ Marge and Maggie
Nuclear Power Plant w/ Radioactive Homer
Kwik-E-Mart w/ Apu
Springfield Elementary w/ Principal Skinner
Krustylu Studios w/ Side Show Bob
Town Hall w/ Mayor Quimby
Bowl-A-Rama w/ Pin Pal Apu
Comic Shop w/ Comic Book Guy
First Church of Spingfield w/ Reverend Lovejoy
Noiseland Arcade w/ Jimbo Jones
Family Kitchen w/ Muumuu Homer
Krusty Burger w/ Pimply Faced Teenager

Exclusives
Radioactive Homer (Toyfare)
Pin pal Mr. Burns (Toyfare)
Boxing Homer (Toyfare)
Convention Comic Shop Guy (Toyfare)
Pin Pal Moe (Toyfare)
Tree House of Horror I (TRU)
Tree House of Horror II (TRU)
Family Christmas w/ Family and Maggie on Santa's Little Helper
Lunar Base w/ Radiactive Man and Fallout Boy (Diamond)

If anyone knows where I can get these for a reasonable price then please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jayspawn
03-01-2002, 06:37 PM
I picked up Herb Powell at TRU today. He was $7.99 which is a little expensive for Simpsons figures at TRU. I figure they may be a little more expensive because of the Celebrity voices they have.

CrunchyNug
04-04-2002, 02:35 AM
So I ran across the new Series 8 wave today in a Burbank TRU. It's always a pleasure running into a shelf full of new Simpsons toys. I think Willie's my favorite. I can't wait to hear what he sounds like!!!

Simpsons Figures Series 8

Kearney
Uter
Sherri and Terri
Superintendant Chalmers
Ragin Willie
Daredevil Bart

:D

Wolfwood319
04-04-2002, 03:01 AM
Yeah, I saw them too. I love Uter and I picked up a Ragin' Willy. I can't pass up an Scottsman who comes with a flask and a can of grease!:crazed:

Edit: Yeah, he is, my mistake.:rolleyes:

SithDroid
04-04-2002, 08:54 PM
Isn't Willie Scottish?

brentfett
04-08-2002, 05:30 PM
Not sure, but he sure sure is ripped! :)

CrunchyNug
04-16-2002, 09:04 PM
I ran across the new playsets at a Burbank TRU this morning. I was surprised to see they upped the price two bucks!!! They're going for $21.99 now. Huh? :frus:

Great sets as usual!!! :D

BoShek
04-17-2002, 11:37 AM
I am sick of collecting The Simpsons! There is a new wave every month! I can't keep up! The playsets are too expensive! Arrrggg!

I am scaling back. No more Homers, Barts or anyone else I already have. That will help a little. But the hook is that I need the playsets so they can talk, so I will have to buy them!

Playmates, if you are reading this, SLOW DOWN. You are making me mad and you will run out of figures to make anyways and the ones you will make will suck (aka Mascot Homer). SLOW DOWN!

SithDroid
04-17-2002, 12:24 PM
Indeed. The playsets are far too expensive. I don't realy want any of them, but I DO want the figures that come with them. Playmates should release the figures that were with the environments seperate. I think the only reason they include a pack in is so that people will buy them in order to get just the figure. A smart merchandising tactic by Playmates, but one that makes me very angry since I REFUSE to pay that much for them. A more reasonable price would be something like $12.99. I mean, come on now. It's only plastic and it isn't THAT expensive to make these things. In the long run they'd probably sell more. Oh well, I guess I'll just get them of ebay when I can get a good deal.

CrunchyNug
06-28-2002, 06:01 PM
My neighborhood TRU has the new Wave 2 Celebrity series as well as the new playsets - Retirement Home & Police Station. Everything looks great as usual. Be on the look-out for these at a store near you very soon, if not RIGHT NOW!!! :crazed:

El Chuxter
06-28-2002, 06:46 PM
Must slow down. . . Too many Simpsons. . .

I see that the next wave (9?) will have a Disco Stu, Rod & Todd, and all resculpts! I might pick up Stu, since I've been craving a Stu figure since the line began, but I'm having serious doubts about collecting past this point. Hasbro and Playmates are at war over my dollar, and, well, Star Wars has to take precedence.

Jayspawn
06-29-2002, 03:44 PM
Right on El Chuxter! I've also run into the 2nd Celebrity series. Very cool! As well as the new playsets.

They are getting too expensive! Especially those new Exclusive 2-packs. Homer and Lurleen, Homer and Marge, Marge and Jaques, Homer and Mindy Simmons! Too expensive at $30 a pop!

I think the colectibility of The Simpsons figures is starting to slow down fast. I think with new Muppets, Star Trek, Star Wars, and MOTU lines, collector's interests are drifting.

Jayspawn
07-08-2002, 12:42 PM
I just picked up Series 9 at Target at the $4.99 sale price they are having this week. Playsets are also on sale as well for $14.99 but they only have Selma w/ Springfield DMV and Cafateria w/ Lunchlady Doris.

CrunchyNug
07-10-2002, 09:45 PM
I found series 9 at a local KB here in Los Angeles. I think I'll wait and get them somewhere else for much cheaper.

Exhaust Port
07-17-2002, 10:15 AM
I just made my weekly toy run yesterday to all my local stores and saw that the price on the Simpsons WOS has risen at every store except one. Target is the only place where I can still get a playset for $19.95. Everywhere else has them jacked up to $24.95. So I bought the only playset that one Target had which was the Police Station with Eddie. I'm starting to think that if the prices continue to rise for the same product and they continue this trend to just produce variations then I'm getting out of the WOS collecting.

How can it be with a TV series that has produced 100+ unique characters that they have to run through so many again, again and again? 2 Willies? One with a shirt on and one without? Come on Playmates. Homer in my opinion is the only character that has great variations but even some of them are worthless.

The celebrity series is the best addition to the line and I hope they expand it. I understand that it's difficult for Playmates to get through the legal mumbo jumbo to produce a celebrity figure but it's worth the wait.

Stop producing a new wave every other month. I'd wait 3-4 months for a killer wave if that's what it took.

Jayspawn
07-17-2002, 12:31 PM
More celebrity figures would be great! I love the ones Playmates has made so far. I personally would like to see Leonard Nimoy made!

Exhaust Port
07-17-2002, 02:10 PM
Leonard Nimoy, Spinal Tap, Mark Hamill (as Nathan Detroit :) ) are on the top of my list.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-28-2002, 08:54 PM
Hey, was wondering if anybody has an extra Krustylu Studios? I've been trying to get that figure since i missed it back in the day. PM me if you can help! thanks!

Jayspawn
08-14-2002, 11:55 AM
FYI, I picked up the KB Exclusive 'Bongo' set with Homer as The Ingestible Bulk, Edna Krabappel as Vampiredna, and Apu as Captain Kwik. The set is priced at $19.99 and has no accessories. The figures are plain and have no electronic base. Not too bad a price for 3 figures.

Exhaust Port
08-14-2002, 09:22 PM
I keep looking out for these so I can see one up close. Are these in the same scale as the WOS figures?

Jayspawn
08-14-2002, 10:23 PM
Yes they are.

Exhaust Port
08-15-2002, 12:15 AM
Thanks. I'm spread pretty thin between all my different collecting series so I'll be passing on these most likely.

I did find these 10" tall Simpsons figures at Target the other day and couldn't pass on those. darn. I picked up Homer and Burns and there was also a Smithers on the shelf as well. These look exactly like the WOS sculpts but on a larger scale. They'll make a nice edition to my bookshelf.

Jayspawn
08-17-2002, 02:03 AM
I really like the Homer figure. Great accesories! The lobster is great! Burns was pretty good, but I don't care for his expression much.

Exhaust Port
08-17-2002, 02:42 AM
I absolutely love the gummy DeMilo! It looks so real. Mmmmm.....gummy DeMilo........<drool>

kadamontaga
08-17-2002, 06:14 AM
Playmates Toys and www.simpsonscollectors.com are running a promotion at the moment.

If you buy 2 figures/playsets from waves 1 - 9 now, and post the reciepts and UPCs along with $5 to Playmates, you get 2 free loose figures. This is the only way to obtain these exclusive figures.

http://www.simpsonscollectors.com/zine.asp?id=126

Exhaust Port
08-17-2002, 11:00 AM
I saw that too. It kinda sucks that your forced to purchase 2 figures you probably already own just to get these exclusives. Sounds like they're trying to help stores clear out those peg warmers. Luckily the Season 2 DVD comes with that $2 off coupon. That'll help absorb the blow of buying 2 duplicate figures for the collection. Now.....who should I buy.

kadamontaga
08-17-2002, 04:38 PM
I really don't see what people's problem is about this offer. On simpsonscollectors.com there is a thread about this offer with about 500 posts, and the offer was only unveiled a couple of days ago.

Right, you buy 2 figures, that you may or may not already have. You send some stuff plus $5 in the post and get 2 exclusive figures in return. So what you're paying is the retail price of 2 figures + $5 and you get 2 figures that would otherwise have been canceled.

Look at it from the perspective that you're paying slightly over the odds for 2 exclusive figures, and for that you also get 2 other ordinary figures free. Doesn't sound so bad like that does it?

Even if you already have the figures, why not use them for trading, or put them on Ebay, or give them to someone, or customise them, or donate them to charity?

Personally, I think that from the perspective of a US simpsons collector, its a great offer. The only real problems are the ones that non-US collectors such as me face. The offer is only open to US residents.
For the record, an american collector at simpsonscollectors.com has offered to help me out, and I'm sure that other people will be willing to do so if non-US collectors ask on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

Exhaust Port
08-18-2002, 12:09 AM
Well my problem is that their announced requirements have poor timing. Unlike the upcoming B-Sharps exclusives were we know that our UPC's and receipts are required this new deal didn't. Why not include all future series and playsets in the deal? They make a point of saying that THOH III isn't included in the deal. So basically we're forced to buy the older stuff again.

I don't understand what Playmates is gaining by requiring collectors to buy peg warmers. What would the difference be if they just required us to pay for the figures outright? None, except we have 2 doubles in this deal. Your right in that we get 4 figures for the price of 2 but I just don't care for their method.

Being that I live here in the US of A I can't understand the struggle of a UK collector trying to get US issued toys. Similarly though the UK has their fair share of releases that we don't get over here. Personally it doesn't bother me, it's just the way things work.

That's great that you've found someone helping complete your collection. I frequent those forums often and have made some fine trades through there.

CrunchyNug
08-27-2002, 02:19 PM
Has anyone seen the Bongos three packs yet? They're popping up all over L.A. right now. Not bad for an exclusive too - $19.99. Even without the interactive "chip" I think they'll be a nice addition to anyone's collection. :D

The True Maul
08-27-2002, 04:09 PM
Yeah there are tons at my local KB they are cool can't wait to pick up at set for my set.:)

Jayspawn
08-28-2002, 01:42 AM
The Bongo set id very nice. I hope Playmates and KB follows up with another set.

The True Maul
08-28-2002, 07:28 AM
Jayspawn, I read somewhere that if these figures do well on the market there will be a second series! :)

kadamontaga
08-28-2002, 08:18 AM
According to the excellent www.simpsonscollectors.com the Bongos line has been cancelled...
"D'oh! Just one week into the release of the first series, the Bongo line has been cancelled by Playmates. Apparently Fox pulled the plug, though the reason is unknown at this time. The first shipments just hit KB stores this weekend and should be in all areas soon. No more shipments will occur from Playmates to KB. However, Playmates did note that if they see an expectional performance from the first pack, they may attempt to revisit the line. "

http://www.simpsonscollectors.com/news.asp?archive=8/2002&page=4
http://www.simpsonscollectors.com/releases.asp?ID=171

The True Maul
08-28-2002, 08:41 AM
That stinks that they pulled the line. I better go pick up the set! :)
Runs to car and Speeds to KB toys.:)

Jayspawn
08-30-2002, 12:51 PM
I've sent out for my Celebrity Mail-In Exclusives a few days ago. There was 1 figure and 1 playset I didn't yet pickup. So I did and mailed those in. The deal worked out fine for me. The question is how long I'll have to wait to get them.

The True Maul
08-30-2002, 07:12 PM
I have one more figure to get get for the mail in. Thanks for reminding me Jayspawn!! :)

CrunchyNug
09-24-2002, 07:21 PM
Oops, looks like we've got ourselves some real Simpsons fans in here.

:(

kadamontaga
09-28-2002, 06:37 PM
Apparently the Sincliar and Cooder figures will take 6-8 weeks to deliever. Some people on simpsonscollectors have reported that playmates have cashed their cheques.

Jayspawn
09-29-2002, 11:58 PM
I'm still waiting for my mail-aways. Still no sign yet. I think its been 5-6 weeks since I sent mine out.

Exhaust Port
10-02-2002, 10:43 AM
I keep checking but my check hasn't been cancelled yet.

I hope that before this line finishes that we will get Cooder's son.

Jayspawn
10-02-2002, 01:42 PM
Is the THOH3 supposed to be out now? My Toys'R'Us are a graveyard as far as Simpsons are concerned. Are they still shipping?

Exhaust Port
10-02-2002, 01:48 PM
The last that I saw of them in the Ohio area was about 2 weeks ago. We had received 2 shipments to the local store. I'd recommend giving them a call, they're pretty honest here about shipments. We're suppose to get our first shipment of Main Street sometime in the next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

CrunchyNug
10-02-2002, 04:09 PM
I found the Treehouse recently in a Los Angeles TRU. They're out there for sure. I also keep running into Bowling Jacques & Marge sets too. $30...ouch!!!

kadamontaga
10-05-2002, 06:41 PM
There's a lot of talk on simpsonscollectors.com at the moment saying that the deliveries of the Wave 10 playsets and figures are going to be severly delayed due to some sort of lockout with some people. I don't understand it at all, but I thought some of you might be interested.

Exhaust Port
10-06-2002, 12:00 AM
It might be with the lockout of all the shipyard workers on the West coast which has shutdown all unloading of harbored ships as well as prevented any additional ships from arriving. No more ships means no more toy arrivals. It'll allow for the credit cards to cool off for a while.

SithDroid
10-06-2002, 12:05 AM
Can anyone give me the info on how to get the two online exclusives. I must have missed this exclusive somehow. I collect the simpsons line but haven't been paying too much attention to it lately and would like to know how to get them. Thanks.