PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see some fireworks?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-04-2002, 10:42 PM
I just got home from a great fireworks display at a local high school. I thought some resembled the Death Star explosion. There was also some yin-yang and heart shapes. Anyone else see some great fireworks?

figrin bran
07-04-2002, 10:45 PM
not yet as it is still light outside ;)

Jason B
07-04-2002, 10:46 PM
I saw them there fireworks. They were PER-TAY. :D :crazed:

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 11:38 PM
I couldn't see squat. The only fireworks were on post, 5 miles away.

Oh well--nothing I haven't seen before. :D

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 12:33 AM
I slept for 5 and a half hours....and I slept through all the fireworks in that time. :p

Jonna
07-05-2002, 01:47 AM
I just got done watching A Beautiful Mind, then went out on my porch with my girly and lit a few sparklers. It is just to damn hot in NJ to go anywhere more than 5 feet from air conditioning.

morecow299
07-05-2002, 11:16 AM
tell me about it jonna
the heat has been horrible latley
i have a new god...and his name is central air conditioning

JetsAndHeels
07-05-2002, 11:21 AM
I saw some both Wednesday night and last night. A friend of mine had a cookout last night and then we watched some from across the street. There is a big field over there and this guy he knows (who had been saving fireworks for over a year) lit them for us. It lasted over an hour. Even a couple of the local police officers stopped by and watched it. As I was sitting there with a couple of my friends, I happened to glance back and it looked like there were about 100 people there. It was truly amazing.

master jedi
07-05-2002, 02:35 PM
I didn't really see any fireworks since it's illegal to have any in Iowa.
Pretty much the only legal ones are sparklers and those snap things that you throw at the ground and they create a spark.
The only fun I had was with the snaps was throwing them at my brother.

Exhaust Port
07-05-2002, 03:11 PM
They are illegal in OH too but I "found" several large bags of them and decided to dispose of them before some small child got their hands on them and injured themselves. :D It was great night for it.

master jedi
07-05-2002, 06:42 PM
Several years ago I was setting off bottle rockets, fire crackers, and some roman candles with some friends. Between a launch we heard police sirens in the distance and then a car pulls up the driveway. So my friends and I start running as fast as we could until I looked back and saw it was only one of my sisters friends.

That was some good times.

Nebulaz
07-06-2002, 01:04 AM
the only fireworks i saw were the ones i saw while driving on the 202.

scruffziller
07-06-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
I just got home from a great fireworks display at a local high school. I thought some resembled the Death Star explosion. There was also some yin-yang and heart shapes. Anyone else see some great fireworks? YEA!!! I saw that one too it was like a red oval shape that blew out and had a blue ring around it exploding outward that looked just like the DEATH STAR explosion in the SE!!!!! It must be a new design concept. Before you know it they'll have ones like they did in LOTR!!!!!!

SuperBattleDroid88
07-06-2002, 09:44 PM
I did!!! :D

QLD
07-06-2002, 10:43 PM
I did.

I was on Clearwater Beach Florida. My fiance' (who I just proposed to 3 days earlier) decided to stay in, order room service, and watch them from the hotel window. That turned out to be a spectacular idea. The entire city skyline was lit up with fireworks. People all over the city were lighting them. Then the big show started, and we had a perfect view from our room on the 12th floor. It was an incredible evening. I even took several pictures of them too that turned out great. I will post them if anyone is interested.

Dar' Argol
07-07-2002, 12:31 AM
The fireworks in my area were lame:(. It started at 9:30pm and it was over by 9:56pm:(. it was a much better display last year. Heck, the redneck down the street from my buddies house had a better display, and he went on till about 2am!!!

We lit some other "stuff" off after the display. Also hear over the scanner that someone blew their hand off:eek:. When will ppl learn:rolleyes:.