PDA

View Full Version : What have you seen that couldnt be explained?

dingodad
07-04-2002, 11:51 PM
This question was presented to me at work, but i really had no response(which is probably what I'll get here). Ive never seen a ghost, ufo, elvis, nor bigfoot. Do any of you have an experience to share? Actually, I did see a grown man walking down the street in a starfleet uniform but thats the strangest thing ive seen in my sheltrerd life.

Jason B
07-05-2002, 12:05 AM
hah-hah-ha, a whole bunch of possible responses come to mind, but none that are appropriate. ;)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-05-2002, 12:38 AM
My brother and our two friends were outside in my backyard one night during the Summer of 2000. We were sitting on the deck, sipping drinks (non-alcoholic of course, we were 20 at the time and we would never think of doing anything illegal like that). All of a sudden a greenish light came whooshing overhead, heading northbound towards Lake Ontario.

Had no clue what it was. I thought it was a fireball of some sort. The problem was that this incident happened around 11:30 pm and most of everyone else was in bed. We talked to a few neighbors and such a couple of days after and none had heard or saw anything that night.

I woke up the next morning and there were probe scars on my backside and my anus was sore (okay that is a fabrication but the above wasn't)

BTW, I see dead people.

Jason B
07-05-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
my anus was sore

Too much info, buddy. :p

Jonna
07-05-2002, 12:52 AM
The fact that after everything I am still somehow alive!

chewie
07-05-2002, 02:11 AM
I've never seen anything out of the ordinary. However, my mother and her sister have seen some stuff, or so they claim.

When my mother's father died (my grandfather), she said she saw him as plain as day in front of her, telling her to take care of her mother. He looked exactly the same as he did in life. No angel wings or anything, and he even was wearing the baseball cap he had on his head at all times. It happened just a few minutes after he was pronounced dead at the hospital. This took place 12 years ago.

My mother's sister is a bit stranger. She claims to have actually seen a very large triangular UFO while driving home at 2am around 15 years ago. She said there were many other people parked alongside the road looking at it as well, and she saw some people taking pictures. However, she did not ask for anybody's name/phone number/address, and can not corroborate her story.

The next thing with her is that one night she claims to have awoken to see a large swirling black-hole in front of her bed. It said it was death/fate and spoke to her in a male english voice. She said that it told her the exact day of her death. Though now she can not remember that date (how can you not remember something as important as that?). Her husband was also sleeping next to her, but did not awake during the incident. I'm not sure of how long ago this took place.

And one last thing with my aunt. She said a bunch of her friends told her that staring into a mirror in a pitch black room would allow her to see into the spirit world or something. She tried it, and said her husband screamed in the other room. She ran to see what happened, and her husband said that he saw something transparent/translucent come out of a wall and fly out a window. I never have asked her husband about this. And I don't know when this happened either.

Again, I have never seen a thing out of the ordinary with my own eyes. I am only repeating what some close relatives have claimed to have seen.

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 02:19 AM
Why did I read that? :D We need a spooked face. :p

If you're in a dark room with the computer, can you log-on to the spirit world?

jjreason
07-05-2002, 02:19 AM
I have seen a number of women in my lifetime, and none of them can even come close to being explained.....

chewie
07-05-2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Why did I read that? :D We need a spooked face. :p

If you're in a dark room with the computer, can you log-on to the spirit world?

Well, the monitor would probably have to be off in order for that to work. The spirits, apparently, won't allow any light. ;)

Eternal Padawan
07-05-2002, 10:20 AM
There are several asinine politicians who keep getting elected. I can't explain it.

There are several sports celebrities who get paid exhorbitant fees for mediocre performances. I can't explain it.

Hollywood keeps greenlighting atrocious movies, and then making sequels to them. I can't explain it.

There's a test and a license for just about every concievable activity under the sun (driving, hunting, flying, etc) except being a parent. The one activity that requires more skill and responsibility than all the rest combined. I can't explain it.

darthvyn
07-05-2002, 10:25 AM
i got that "something sitting at the foot of my bed" feeling one night... i was so freaked i couldn't move to look to see if anything was there... i told my mom the next morning and she said it was the anniversary of my grandfather's (her father's) death. i was pretty freaked out.

Jason B
07-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Do you have a cat? :p

Jargo
07-05-2002, 06:38 PM
I live in a house that the previous owner died in. It was an old woman and sometimes in the wee small hours of the morning I can sense her walk into the bedroom and stand staring with her sternest face and tutting to herself. Which sounds odd because I can only sense it and haven't seen it but it's a female presense and it feels like the presense of someone old and the atmosphere when it happens is the same when someone has a silent row with you. Y'know? When your mother or your lover is having a go at you but never says a word yet you know they just screamed at you mentally? Anyone get that too?

But anyway this old lady comes to scowl at me and let me know she doesn't like what we did to her house and that we should move out because we're cramping her style.

When i was younger I used to get the same feelings but more like my dead relatives were standing behind me and watching over me. First it was my Grandad and then My uncle died young and he took over. Then my Grandmother ded but by then I was old enough to look after myself and she left me in peace.

darthvyn
07-05-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Jason B
Do you have a cat? :p

lol... no, i don't dig on cats, at the time we had no pets, and my door was completely closed... i have a dog now, though...

anyway, it wasn't light enough to be a pet... i mean, it really felt like a person sitting on the edge of my bed...

Jason B
07-05-2002, 10:47 PM
Wow, WOW, I'm glad I don't post everything that pops into my head. :p

stillakid
07-06-2002, 01:30 AM
Okay, mine is a serious post, for what it's worth.

It wasn't something I saw, but something that happened.

While researching information for a new screenplay, I had to go visit a cemetary just south of San Francisco. I needed to find a specific grave stone of an infamous historical figure from the 1800's. The guy at the gate gave me a map and circled a huge general area where he said my guy was buried.

There must have been 500+ stones in that one area. A friend and I proceeded to head up and down the rows. 45 minutes later, nothing.

I was just about to give up when for no reason in particular I came to a dead stop. Again, for no reason I can explain, I turned my head to the left so that I was looking across several rows of stones, their faces on the opposite side so that I could not tell one from another. For no reason at all, my gaze fixed upon one stone in particular several rows away.

I headed straight for it. As I came around to see the face of it, the name I had been looking for was revealed.

Was it "him" that led me to the grave? Sometimes I utter a silent prayer to St. Anthony, the patron saint of lost things. Was it him? Who knows. All I know is that I found the stone but can't explain what made me stop and zero in on the back of that one. Weird.

In a related story, my sister in law was out to visit one summer. One day, she came running inside telling me she needed my help right away. We ran outside with me asking what was wrong. She lost her contact lens. Where? I asked. There, she responded, pointing to a large patch of grass at our feet.

Just after rolling my eyes in despair, I uttered a quick St. Anthony prayer. No joke, I went to the ground and pulled apart some grass. There sitting in front of me was the contact lens, plain as day. First try. Hey, I don't even try to explain it.

2-1B
07-06-2002, 03:03 AM
That's what I like about St. Anthony (of Padua, I presume ;) ) - you can find anything from corpses to contact lenses! :D

Hmmmmm, when I was a kid I sometimes thought I had some unexplained incidents. But of course now I realize there was nothing to them.

But as an adult? I can't think of anything other than last week when I was using my computer, and I "could have sworn" I saw a human form walk past on the left. I'm sure it was just shadows or light flashes from the TV, but it had that feeling of being so real, as if a person had actually walked past.

Jargo
07-06-2002, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
That I can have over a thousand posts in under 4 months. :p

It's not the quantity that counts, but the quality. ;)

Lman316
07-06-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
Okay, mine is a serious post, for what it's worth.

It wasn't something I saw, but something that happened.

While researching information for a new screenplay, I had to go visit a cemetary just south of San Francisco. I needed to find a specific grave stone of an infamous historical figure from the 1800's. The guy at the gate gave me a map and circled a huge general area where he said my guy was buried.

There must have been 500+ stones in that one area. A friend and I proceeded to head up and down the rows. 45 minutes later, nothing.

I was just about to give up when for no reason in particular I came to a dead stop. Again, for no reason I can explain, I turned my head to the left so that I was looking across several rows of stones, their faces on the opposite side so that I could not tell one from another. For no reason at all, my gaze fixed upon one stone in particular several rows away.

I headed straight for it. As I came around to see the face of it, the name I had been looking for was revealed.

Was it "him" that led me to the grave? Sometimes I utter a silent prayer to St. Anthony, the patron saint of lost things. Was it him? Who knows. All I know is that I found the stone but can't explain what made me stop and zero in on the back of that one. Weird.

In a related story, my sister in law was out to visit one summer. One day, she came running inside telling me she needed my help right away. We ran outside with me asking what was wrong. She lost her contact lens. Where? I asked. There, she responded, pointing to a large patch of grass at our feet.

Just after rolling my eyes in despair, I uttered a quick St. Anthony prayer. No joke, I went to the ground and pulled apart some grass. There sitting in front of me was the contact lens, plain as day. First try. Hey, I don't even try to explain it.

Stillakid, it sounds rather that you may possibly be clairvoyant. Instead of spirits (or saints, for that matter), you may just have a sixth sense for those things and just know where to look. Lucky you :D

As for me, yes I have seen many unexplained things in my 18 years of existence (but, please, let us not get into semantics here. I do understand that I would not have been able to remember anything I saw at the age of 1 or maybe even 2, but you know what I mean). I could make all the "jokes" that I've seen through this thread, mostly covered by EP, which are truly unexplained events, but since they've been done, I'll just get on with it.
I have actually seen a ghost - at least that's how I perceived it at the time, and how I always will, unless something can prove me otherwise (although I don't see how that's possible).
We arrived home from the store one day - this was when I was still little, maybe 8? 10? I don't remember) and once everything had been brought in, I decided to sit on the front steps and wait for the rain storm that was to come that day. Well, as I sat there, I noticed something actually rising from the flowerbed next to me. It was grey and appeared to be smoke. But it wasn't. This thing had a face and had two appendages similar to arms. It made no sound, only came closer and closer to me. But before too much longer, two little blobs (made of the same material, I noticed) came from beneath the first. They seemed to chase the first one up and away from me. So, no need to mention I was pretty freaked out.
Other than that, I've never really been bothered by ghosts, other than a few years ago, some lamps turning on. The fact that the lamps turned on wasn't what was troubling. The fact that these particular lamps didn't work...at all, was what was weird.
Oh, wait, no....sorry, it was only swamp gas. Or so they tell me :p.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
It's not the quantity that counts, but the quality.

So true...so true.

End...

Wooooof
07-07-2002, 02:29 AM
Well, nothing of real interest that has happened to me; but something that happened to my brother and his wife while they were stationed in Germany.

They were playing around with an Ouija board and must have tapped into something since his wife started getting messages from someone claiming to be her "dead child." (she had never been pregnant at this point) Understandably spooked, they put the Ouija board away on the shelf in the closet and went to bed. Sometime that night my sister-in-law woke up unable to breath because the bedsheets were twisted and wrapped around her neck. My brother struggled to get them off and after much effort he was finally able to free her. They went out into the dining room and there was the Ouija board all set up on the table, when they were sure that they had put it away.

Tycho
07-07-2002, 03:32 AM
Most of these experiences can be explained in my forthcoming work in:

LTBasker
07-07-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Wooooof
Well, nothing of real interest that has happened to me; but something that happened to my brother and his wife while they were stationed in Germany.

They were playing around with an Ouija board and must have tapped into something since his wife started getting messages from someone claiming to be her "dead child." (she had never been pregnant at this point) Understandably spooked, they put the Ouija board away on the shelf in the closet and went to bed. Sometime that night my sister-in-law woke up unable to breath because the bedsheets were twisted and wrapped around her neck. My brother struggled to get them off and after much effort he was finally able to free her. They went out into the dining room and there was the Ouija board all set up on the table, when they were sure that they had put it away.

Do they have cats? :D Trust me, they can do freaky things when they want to. ;)

DeadEye
07-07-2002, 04:13 PM
So, what? Are you saying that my posts stink? :D
All my posts are top-notch, so it's amazing that I have so many. :p

Tycho
07-07-2002, 04:17 PM
Not to suggest that....

JediDan
07-07-2002, 04:31 PM
About 10 years ago my neighbor and I were sitting outside gazing up at the stars (the sky was full of them that night). We both seen a red dot WAY up in the sky that split up 3 ways. One went forward, another went forward and to the left and the 3rd one went forward and to the right. It all happened in about a seconds time. To this day I still cannot figure out what it was. Either the military got some pretty cool top secret stuff going up there in space or it perhaps was an alien aircraft. It freaks me out thinking that perhaps one of those ugly looking "Greys" could've been piloting those dots. :) Yikes!!!!

Only other thing I can't explain is how so many Minnesotans are too lazy to use turn signals.

DeadEye
07-07-2002, 04:51 PM
Good one, Tycho!

Where do you get all those?

Tycho
07-07-2002, 05:25 PM
Been eating beans while searching for strange stuff all over the internet!

That's where you'll find a lot of things that cannot be explained!

DeadEye
07-07-2002, 05:59 PM
Does the bean-eating affect your obsession with ketchup and/or mouse droids? ;)

Tycho
07-07-2002, 06:15 PM
Actually, Ketchup goes good with almost anything.

But yes, it does interfere with smelling Mouse Droids.

Food aromas are too strong and mask other odors (well almost all other odors).

There is no Star Wars action figure to this date that smells stronger than baked beans, nor their after-effect!

That is not necessarily a good thing, though.

Jason B
07-07-2002, 07:48 PM
I don't know, there's some SW stuff (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=127831) around that must be pretty potent. ;)

DeadEye
07-07-2002, 10:28 PM
LOL. You're obsessed; that's all there is to it. :)

Tycho
07-08-2002, 12:41 AM
Wow! Jason B. - THAT's the Ultimate Mouse! I'm in love!

Did you make that? Or photograph it at the Celebration 2?

Jason B
07-08-2002, 12:48 AM
It's the origainal, at the SW exhibit at the BMA. :D

Dark Knight
07-08-2002, 12:56 AM
The amout of stupidity I have seen. :confused:

Jargo
07-08-2002, 04:12 PM
My belly button. It's an inny not an outy. Why do some go in and some stick out and some stay flat? Why does it not completely heal over like the rest of your belly? Why does it stay the same size all your life and not get smaller as you get bigger? That's one of the most unexplained things for me right now.

Tycho
07-08-2002, 04:44 PM
I don't know about the answers to your question, but I think it's really attractive when you can see a girl's bellybutton. :)

Jargo
07-08-2002, 04:53 PM
Only when they're slim I bet Tycho, persoanally I think we should have them removed. If i thought i could get it done without leaving a scar I'd have my belly button removed. There's no point in having one all it does is collect lint and dirt. Much better to be without and not have the extra hassle of having to clean it out. Plus it makes you wee yorself if you push too hard into it. That's real ultimate power to Sith Ninjas. They'd totally flip out and push your belly button in and make you wee yourself and not even think twice about it. It's freak you out so much you'd crap your pants!

come to think of it, Tycho you'd just be happy to see any part of a girl exposed :rolleyes: ;)

darthvyn
07-09-2002, 12:52 PM
i saw this ninja totally reach into this kid's bellybutton and rip out his brain, just because the kid snorted when he laughed. i swear!

Tycho
07-09-2002, 04:46 PM
That happened to me the other day. Fortunately I have this site which helps out if you eat the brains (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11667) and if you see this Ninja fellow again, you might pass it along to him. -Tycho

darthvyn
07-09-2002, 05:00 PM
there used to be a site called manbeef.com, but it's not there anymore...

they said they sold human meat for human consumption... supposedly a delicacy among the super rich and insane...

basically, the site was done SO WELL that i had a hard time distinguishing if it was a joke or not!

stormie
07-09-2002, 08:57 PM
Well, here's something I just can't explain. I'm sitting at my desk, finishing the work for the day, and I suddenly find myself sorta half humming this song. The song? I believe it's called Mickey (Oh Mickey, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey! Hey Mickey!...). Where the heck did that come from? I don't have a radio in my office, no one has been humming or singing anything within earshot of me all day. I don't believe I've heard that song for quite some years. And no one I know is named Mickey. Has this song just been festering away in the far reaches of my mind, until it's subconsciously triggered to torment me? Sometimes ya just gotta wonder how the ol' noggin' functions! :D
Oh, and sorry if I've now got you humming the same song! ;)

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I don't know about the answers to your question, but I think it's really attractive when you can see a girl's bellybutton. :)

Tycho I couldn't agree more. Girls can wear low-cut tank tops and fancy makeup all they want--but the thing that I can't resist is when their tummies are showing!!! :happy:

Tycho
07-09-2002, 11:54 PM
Stormie, it has nothing to do with someone named "Mickey."

It's the fact that in the 80's the song was done by some professional sports cheerleader - turned wanna-be singer and her cheerleading squad.

I submit to you that this really has something to do with a latent desire about wanting to be ravaged by a whole squad of cheerleaders, and just for Deadeye's sake (and mine) they start out with their belly-buttons showing!

I think I relate as I have that same desire when I think of that song - only there's nothing latent about it...

Thanks...now it's not a problem with me getting that song out of my head, I need to just find a cheerleading squad....

"Oh girls? Here I am!" Heh-heh-heh-heh-hee....

stillakid
07-10-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
Stormie, it has nothing to do with someone named "Mickey."

It's the fact that in the 80's the song was done by some professional sports cheerleader - turned wanna-be singer and her cheerleading squad.

I submit to you that this really has something to do with a latent desire about wanting to be ravaged by a whole squad of cheerleaders, and just for Deadeye's sake (and mine) they start out with their belly-buttons showing!

I think I relate as I have that same desire when I think of that song - only there's nothing latent about it...

Thanks...now it's not a problem with me getting that song out of my head, I need to just find a cheerleading squad....

"Oh girls? Here I am!" Heh-heh-heh-heh-hee....

Not that cheerleading squad (from the video). Blech! Tony wasn't really the cream of the crop herself so she surrounded herself with some tubbies. Of course, this was at the dawn of the music video before anybody really figured out that the audience watched videos to see hot chicks prancing about and weren't necessarily interested in the music. :eek:

Tycho
07-10-2002, 06:28 AM
Stillakid: it's been so long since I've seen that video, or watched MTV for that matter, that I couldn't remember if they were hotties or not.

In the latter case, we imagine they're hotties. There's still something attractive about female voices, especially when they're repeating chants we like to hear. :D

DeadEye
07-10-2002, 09:02 AM
A standard cheerleader is hot. For some reason my old school in Germany had its share of ugly cheerleaders:

http://www.baumholder.com/pepband/pic2.html

Tycho
07-10-2002, 09:10 AM
Oh, not all those girls would be written off my list!

Are you honestly saying you'd be attracted to none of them???

DeadEye
07-10-2002, 09:32 AM
All those girls were in the same grade as me. Most of them are still back in Germany. I'd had a girlfriend at the time, so no, I was attracted to none of them.

My girlfriend in Germany and I both were on the band. You can see her here: http://www.baumholder.com/pepband/pic12.html

And I'm here, I'm the third guy from the left: http://www.baumholder.com/pepband/pic24.html

SWAFMAN
07-10-2002, 12:14 PM
What have you seen that couldnt be explained?

the disappearance of the names of who is currently browsing the forums, at the top of the forum page.

Tycho
07-10-2002, 03:48 PM
Before that it was the list of who was online on the main forums page. Now that this is restored, it's the individual forum ones? :rolleyes:

I recommend starting a thread about it in this general section and / or in the comments / suggestions forums. Let us know and we'll back you up Swafman.

SWAFMAN
07-10-2002, 07:40 PM
done (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=130967#post130967)

stormie
07-10-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
And I'm here, I'm the third guy from the left: http://www.baumholder.com/pepband/pic24.html

DeadEye, what type of horn is that? Looks kinda like either a Yamaha, Getzen, or Conn. Looks like the other guy in your section's got a Bach. Flashy! ;)

DeadEye
07-10-2002, 10:20 PM
To tell the truth I don't remember, especially since it wasn't mine that I was playing. :p

TeeEye7
07-11-2002, 08:23 AM
I lived in New Orleans for a while.

Saw lots of strange stuff on Bourbon St. that defied explanation.........

mabudonicus
07-11-2002, 08:36 AM
Okay, first, I'm not crazy. I AM psychic and clairvoyant to a disturbing degree, which sorta explains my hysteria over the last little while. I can kinda hear radio signals in my head from time to time, not sure why.
I saw what COULD be described as a UFO, a few years ago over Lake Ontario, between here and Toronto. A friend and I both saw it, a Brilliant light, with smaller, "escort" lights appearing equidistant from it intermittently. It looked like a candle flame in the sky. The Gov't issued a statement to "ignore" anything you might see over the Lake at that time. Thing is, the way the lights moved (and at times DIDN't move), and I KNOW aircraft, well, it was TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE that it was any vehicle I've ever even heard of. Especially at the end of the "encounter", the light went up and away at a FANTASTIC rate of speed, heading north...
Freaked me out a bit, especially the official "NOTHING to SEE HERE" the next day.
Serious. I know I'm a joker, but stuff like this is why, in part.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-12-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by mabudon
Okay, first, I'm not crazy. I AM psychic and clairvoyant to a disturbing degree, which sorta explains my hysteria over the last little while. I can kinda hear radio signals in my head from time to time, not sure why.
I saw what COULD be described as a UFO, a few years ago over Lake Ontario, between here and Toronto. A friend and I both saw it, a Brilliant light, with smaller, "escort" lights appearing equidistant from it intermittently. It looked like a candle flame in the sky. The Gov't issued a statement to "ignore" anything you might see over the Lake at that time. Thing is, the way the lights moved (and at times DIDN't move), and I KNOW aircraft, well, it was TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE that it was any vehicle I've ever even heard of. Especially at the end of the "encounter", the light went up and away at a FANTASTIC rate of speed, heading north...
Freaked me out a bit, especially the official "NOTHING to SEE HERE" the next day.
Serious. I know I'm a joker, but stuff like this is why, in part.

Mabudon,

Did you read my post on the first page of this thread. I wonder if you and I saw the same thing? (the post will be displayed at the end of this post) The only thing was I never saw the escorting lights, the object just flew to fast for my friends and I to get a good look. The object was going towards your way, the Toronto and Lake Ontario area. I thought it was some sort of celestial object like a meteor or something, but that was just a guess.

If you can give me the time of day, the specific color of the object, what month/season or any other relevant information we can confirm/deny the fact that we saw the same thing. Strange it would be though if we did. :eek:

<<My brother and our two friends were outside in my backyard one night during the Summer of 2000. We were sitting on the deck, sipping drinks (non-alcoholic of course, we were 20 at the time and we would never think of doing anything illegal like that). All of a sudden a greenish light came whooshing overhead, heading northbound towards Lake Ontario.

Had no clue what it was. I thought it was a fireball of some sort. The problem was that this incident happened around 11:30 pm and most of everyone else was in bed. We talked to a few neighbors and such a couple of days after and none had heard or saw anything that night.

I woke up the next morning and there were probe scars on my backside and my anus was sore (okay that is a fabrication but the above wasn't)

BTW, I see dead people.>>

mabudonicus
07-12-2002, 08:16 AM
Time of year- june/july. Time of day- -near sunset (about 8-830)
The object looked, as I recall it, like a candle flame, kinda pointy, and kinda wavering like that. It kept having the flanking lights turn on or off, together or in sequence. At times the main object disappeared right as the flanking ones "appeared" (that's what they did, there was no real "movement", just on and off)
After maybe 15-20 minutes, the "flanking" ones kinda moved a bit, then all of them (in total maybe 4, only ever 2 at a time up til this point) appeared at once, disappeared, then the main object flared up and took off, looking like it was moving north and up on a 45, at (as I said) a Fantastic speed, and went out of sight on that vector. I would be less sure if I wasn't with a good buddy, and we were describing the motions for corroboration's sake as they happened( also we were both trying to make sure that we weren't crazy:)!)
Hope this helps, LBC. BTW I did read your post, and thought we may have seen the same thing, it's pretty likely.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-13-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by mabudon
Time of year- june/july. Time of day- -near sunset (about 8-830)
The object looked, as I recall it, like a candle flame, kinda pointy, and kinda wavering like that. It kept having the flanking lights turn on or off, together or in sequence. At times the main object disappeared right as the flanking ones "appeared" (that's what they did, there was no real "movement", just on and off)
After maybe 15-20 minutes, the "flanking" ones kinda moved a bit, then all of them (in total maybe 4, only ever 2 at a time up til this point) appeared at once, disappeared, then the main object flared up and took off, looking like it was moving north and up on a 45, at (as I said) a Fantastic speed, and went out of sight on that vector. I would be less sure if I wasn't with a good buddy, and we were describing the motions for corroboration's sake as they happened( also we were both trying to make sure that we weren't crazy:)!)
Hope this helps, LBC. BTW I did read your post, and thought we may have seen the same thing, it's pretty likely.

Interesting, very interesting. Aside from the time of day the month and year are correct. I remember the object was low and thought it was going to hit the ground somewhere near me. Yet I never heard a sound. I revisited the issue with my brother and he remembered seeing a blue flash and I remember seeing something green. I called my Aunt the next day--she lives right on the shore of Lake Ontario in Olcott NY and she didn't see or hear anything that night. She was in bed though.

If indeed it was some sort of craft I wonder of it's origin. Extraterrestial or a government creation? Who know's?

rynobot
07-13-2002, 01:30 AM
drinking a 12 ounce glass of Vodka in a 30 minuate period and having the best time of my life between the hours of 2am and 5am.

JediCole
07-13-2002, 01:00 PM
Well, the strangest thing I have seen, and I've seen it over and over again, that I couldn't explain is DingoDad's insistance that he is "getting out of toys", espcially as a dealer at toy shows. Yet every time the local toy show comes around, you can find DingoDad stocking up on new toys! It defies explanation!

Pendo
07-13-2002, 05:49 PM
The three things I have seen that couldn't be eplained are:

1. I saw a ghost of an old lady in my living room. It was kinda weird I walked past the door and looked at her and it was only when I got past the door that I realised that she shouldn't be there, so I looked round the door and she was gone!

2. I saw a UFO on my way home from work one night. Not much to tell really, it was just there floating in the sky. I didn't experience missing time or anything so it doesn't really bother me much.

3. The biggest thing that I have seen that I cannot explain, and I don't think anybody else will EVER beable to explain it either is, The Star Wars Holiday Special!!! Can anybody explain it to me? Who, What, Where, and most importantly WHY???

PENDO!